Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:33   #9641
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Good thoughts and prayers going up for both the surgery and work situation.

This last dose of chemo has been seriously kicking my ass these last few days. It's like it knows this is the last chance for it to kill me, so it's trying extra hard. The worst should have been over today, but it wasn't, so I figure it will be in the next couple days. I know the effects are cumulative, they did get worse each week. This week makes all the more glad it was my last dose!

LG, you were right about what I got, it's a purse. I just wasn't going to tell you that until I had a pic. I also got a charm to go on the purse, or any one I already have. Here it is. I wanted this one, because the color looks like a celebration to me.

The bag
Okie Memorial Area

And the charm
Okie Memorial Area
Very nice! The purse is so cute, and the charm is very pretty. I think I remember reading you have a thing for purses, though it's not as bad as your thing for watches...am I right? That's what gave me the idea that it was a purse you got. Thank you for sharing a pic!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 15:08   #9642
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
This last dose of chemo has been seriously kicking my ass these last few days. It's like it knows this is the last chance for it to kill me, so it's trying extra hard. The worst should have been over today, but it wasn't, so I figure it will be in the next couple days. I know the effects are cumulative, they did get worse each week. This week makes all the more glad it was my last dose!

LG, you were right about what I got, it's a purse. I just wasn't going to tell you that until I had a pic. I also got a charm to go on the purse, or any one I already have. Here it is. I wanted this one, because the color looks like a celebration to me.
]
Wolfe that purse is very pretty! I will not ask how much you paid for it.

I know you have already been told the side effects will not subside immediately so do not worry if they even seem worse for a bit. You sounded better today on the phone than you did a couple days ago. When you start to feeling better you need to enjoy yourself and be glad you are alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 15:12   #9643
Zonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
When you start to feeling better you need to enjoy yourself and be glad you are alive.

Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 15:26   #9644
Buki192327

Quote:
Wolfe that purse is very pretty! I will not ask how much you paid for it.

I know you have already been told the side effects will not subside immediately so do not worry if they even seem worse for a bit. You sounded better today on the phone than you did a couple days ago. When you start to feeling better you need to enjoy yourself and be glad you are alive.
LW, keep fighting the good fight. We will always be here for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 15:50   #9645
dango

Lone Wolfe :

Forget the pics, that just ain't gonna happen...! After all thee insane things I have said and done , (NO-PICS) , never...!

KNOW THIS , I you personally ax , PM and such ,Lone Wolfe only
'for your eyes only , I would do this......!

To the rest of you , (NO-WAY).............!

PS: My world would never be the same if something were to happen to you so's let's not let that happen , GOT IT .....?
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 16:26   #9646
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Quote:
Good thoughts and prayers going up for both the surgery and work situation.

The bag
Okie Memorial Area

And the charm
Okie Memorial Area
OOhhh...I love good purses!! You have lovely taste, Wolfe!!
I'm so glad that despite feeling like crap, you can enjoy the finer things in life. The charm is very rich looking, as well!

Prayers for everyone on here who contribute so much to our Wolfe's well-being.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:10   #9647
dango

Yo sweety , you are fadeing ! I will keep the non-sense flowing
if you will keep laughing and keep healing.!

Like a tidal wave , I roll-eth onward . How goes everything ,
well I hope . I am getting better and plan on being back up on my feet in about 4 more weeks , not bad for a (DEAD-MAN).

Just goes to show you , what do they really know , Doctors ,
guessers at best....! I am proof , they are only human and not Gods ! I will keep on keeping on , you do the same , GOT IT.......!
Old 10-24-2012, 01:00   #9648
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Very nice! The purse is so cute, and the charm is very pretty. I think I remember reading you have a thing for purses, though it's not as bad as your thing for watches...am I right? That's what gave me the idea that it was a purse you got. Thank you for sharing a pic!
Thank you! Yep, I got a thing for watches, too. I got more purses than watches, but the watches cost too damn much to keep buying them.

Quote:
Wolfe that purse is very pretty! I will not ask how much you paid for it.: supergrin:
Good, then I don't have to lie!

My oncologist told me it could take up to 6 months to get to where I'm going to be post-chemo. She said most people aren't exactly like they were before, chemo does have lasting effects. I just hope the nerve damage isn't one of them for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
to you, too. Got that margarita mixer ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buki192327 View Post
LW, keep fighting the good fight. We will always be here for you.
Thank you, you're very appreciated.

[quote=dango;19540834]Lone Wolfe :

Forget the pics, that just ain't gonna happen...! After all thee insane things I have said and done , (NO-PICS) , never...!

...........QUOTE]

No pics?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
OOhhh...I love good purses!! You have lovely taste, Wolfe!!
I'm so glad that despite feeling like crap, you can enjoy the finer things in life. The charm is very rich looking, as well!

Prayers for everyone on here who contribute so much to our Wolfe's well-being.
Thank you, I like my taste, too.

The prayers are always appreciated. Please keep them up for Silent_Runner, too, she needs them more than she'll admit in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
.......Just goes to show you , what do they really know , Doctors ,
guessers at best....! ............
Did I ever tell you that I hate the VA and the so-called docs there? I had to go in today, and the doc I saw acted like he was doing me a big favor even seeing me. I asked if there was any way I could get physical therapy or anything like that, and he said all the VA was going to do was give me pain meds, that he didn't see any point in trying to help me. He said I knew the risk of getting a permanent injury when I volunteered, and since I have cancer, any treatment might be even more wasted on me. Does anyone wonder why I stayed in the sandbox as long as I could?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:34   #9649
Steel Head
Tactical Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
Do cute stories cheer you up???? I saw this yesterday and thought you might enjoy a smile...

HELL EXPLAINED BY CHEMISTRY STUDENT

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term.

The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well:

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh, my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A."
Nice

LW Last chemo!!!!
Hope surgery goes well and you start feeling better soon.

Last edited by Steel Head; 10-24-2012 at 05:36.. Reason: Meow
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:35   #9650
Lady Glock

Quote:
Did I ever tell you that I hate the VA and the so-called docs there? I had to go in today, and the doc I saw acted like he was doing me a big favor even seeing me. I asked if there was any way I could get physical therapy or anything like that, and he said all the VA was going to do was give me pain meds, that he didn't see any point in trying to help me. He said I knew the risk of getting a permanent injury when I volunteered, and since I have cancer, any treatment might be even more wasted on me. Does anyone wonder why I stayed in the sandbox as long as I could?
I think you should share the contact information for this doctor and let your friends on here have a heart to heart with the freak! That pisses me off so much!

Old 10-24-2012, 05:39   #9651
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
People like that are a disgrace to the medical community, and sadly aren't nearly as rare as they should be.

Hope the chemo effects wear off quickly Okie Memorial Area
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:09   #9652
BobInTX

Quote:
Thank you! Yep, I got a thing for watches, too. I got more purses than watches, but the watches cost too damn much to keep buying them.

My oncologist told me it could take up to 6 months to get to where I'm going to be post-chemo. She said most people aren't exactly like they were before, chemo does have lasting effects. I just hope the nerve damage isn't one of them for me.

to you, too. Got that margarita mixer ready?

Thank you, you're very appreciated.

Thank you, I like my taste, too.

The prayers are always appreciated. Please keep them up for Silent_Runner, too, she needs them more than she'll admit in here.

Government run health care is great, isn't it? I can't wait for Obamacare!

Just because you knew the risk doesn't mean they shouldn't take care of you when it happens. I don't know who you could report this guy to, but you really should. Our vets shouldn't have to put up with this crap. Loser.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 14:00   #9653
Lady Glock

Finally got the call from the company I interviewed with. They chose the other applicant for the job. I guess she had more experience or a higher degree. They said it wasn’t an easy decision (they told that to the temp agency that is helping them with staffing). They recommend me as a good candidate for another position, so that is good.

Another prayer need...my surgery has been scheduled. I am having a decompress and fuse on my back...the L5 position. This has been a year in waiting. I guess they are finally tired of trying every shot available over and over. The surgery is planned for November 14th

Please, continue to keep up the prayers for my finances...there are so many things I need and can’t get, and some things I’d like to do for and with my kids that I can’t because the finances are just not there. I know, there are people in worse shape than me...and I pray for them all, constantly...I just feel terribly when one of the kids ask if they can go somewhere or do something and I have to say no...there’s no money. Please, pray I can get a job...soon.

Old 10-24-2012, 14:08   #9654
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Prayers going out to all of you.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 14:19   #9655
dango

Lady Glock: My heart does go out to you and prayers will follow.
Hang tough , somehow , things always have a way of working out ! Like all others , I'm along for the ride and find I ain't always driving. Keep the faith.

LONE WOLFE; You have stolen my heart ! May I perhaps make a small loan ? I need to spred some wealth ! How are you doing sweety ? Well I hope ! I'm doing really well and need to know
that you are also ! Just me...
Old 10-24-2012, 23:31   #9656
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Lady Glock: My heart does go out to you and prayers will follow.
Hang tough , somehow , things always have a way of working out ! Like all others , I'm along for the ride and find I ain't always driving. Keep the faith.: wavey:

LONE WOLFE; You have stolen my heart ! May I perhaps make a small loan ? I need to spred some wealth ! How are you doing sweety ? Well I hope ! I'm doing really well and need to know
that you are also ! Just me...: wavey:
I don't have any need for a loan, but I'm sure you can find some in here who could use a little help getting through some rough times right now. I'm really lucky that I don't have financial problems to go with all my health problems, but thank you for the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Prayers going out to all of you.
Thank you, on behalf of all of us who need them.

Quote:
Finally got the call from the company I interviewed with. They chose the other applicant for the job. I guess she had more experience or a higher degree. They said it wasnít an easy decision (they told that to the temp agency that is helping them with staffing). They recommend me as a good candidate for another position, so that is good.

Another prayer need...my surgery has been scheduled. I am having a decompress and fuse on my back...the L5 position. This has been a year in waiting. I guess they are finally tired of trying every shot available over and over. The surgery is planned for November 14th

Please, continue to keep up the prayers for my finances...there are so many things I need and canít get, and some things Iíd like to do for and with my kids that I canít because the finances are just not there. I know, there are people in worse shape than me...and I pray for them all, constantly...I just feel terribly when one of the kids ask if they can go somewhere or do something and I have to say no...thereís no money. Please, pray I can get a job...soon.
Damn, I hate that you didn't get the job!

I'll be praying for you to find another, and for your surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Government run health care is great, isn't it? I can't wait for Obamacare!
Not. Even. Going. There....

Just because you knew the risk doesn't mean they shouldn't take care of you when it happens. I don't know who you could report this guy to, but you really should. Our vets shouldn't have to put up with this crap. Loser.
Whoever I reported him to would probably concur with his recommendations, and remind me how much money I cost you taxpayers. Like I wanted to get shot and run up medical bills........

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
People like that are a disgrace to the medical community, and sadly aren't nearly as rare as they should be.

Hope the chemo effects wear off quickly : hugs:
No, they're not, and the VA seems to have more than their share. I know I posted a while back about another doc who had a similar opinion of doing anything for me. Then there was the doc who rated me way below what I should be rated, and admitted it. I really hate the VA......

Thanks, I hope it does, too. It's getting a little better now that I'm over a week since my last dose. Hopefully the fuzzy head clears soon, so I can at least drive myself to the grocery store.

Quote:
I think you should share the contact information for this doctor and let your friends on here have a heart to heart with the freak! That pisses me off so much!
Oh, to be a fly on the wall when some of you GT'ers show up for a little 'wall to wall counseling' with that doc! Infortunately, after you finish with him, you'd have to go on to most everyone else that works at that VA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post

LW Last chemo!!!!: highfive:
Hope surgery goes well and you start feeling better soon.
: wavey:
Thank you! BTW, need fresh kitty pics you know where. Your buddy makes me smile.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-25-2012, 05:37   #9657
dango

YOU , HAVE STOLEN MY HEART !

I am the ONE whom needs the lone !

NO ENCLACE ? What are they doin to you ?

Edit ? Go Figure ? (SMILIE-FACE) sort-a ! English ,Englase, Enclace,Whatever!
Yo Voolfe Octer-leeben ? Take care , got it ?
Again (SMILIE-FACE).....!

Last edited by dango; 10-25-2012 at 05:44..
Old 10-25-2012, 23:52   #9658
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
YOU , HAVE STOLEN MY HEART !

I am the ONE whom needs the lone !

NO ENCLACE ? What are they doin to you ?

Edit ? Go Figure ? (SMILIE-FACE) sort-a ! English ,Englase, Enclace,Whatever!
Yo Voolfe Octer-leeben ? Take care , got it ?
Again (SMILIE-FACE).....!
Do I need to lock up my meds again?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-26-2012, 00:05   #9659
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

No need to lock up your meds, just send them to me for safekeeping
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 00:35   #9660
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
No need to lock up your meds, just send them to me for safekeeping
I will put them to better use.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!