Old 10-23-2012, 19:26   #226
Schlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Wants to have an assault weapons ban.
Quote:
Romney said "not interested in any new gun laws"
threads like this really make me laugh. Obama AND your beloved Romney have both spoken out AGAINST 'assault weapons.' You guys are so devoted to supporting ANYONE who has an R by there name that you'll support an anti gun progressive...BECAUSE HE HAS AN R BY HIS NAME.

The difference between Obama and Romney on assault weapons? Your beloved Romney put his money where is mouth is and actually signed an AWB into law.

You guys look just as silly as the antigunners out there supporting Obama by supporting Romney. Threads like this just set you back even farther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitt Romney
“These guns (semi-auto firearms) are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”
Lie to yourself if you want, but don't try to lie to us. Mitt Romney has done more to hurt gun rights for Americans than Obama and you all know it.
Old 10-23-2012, 19:32   #227
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
threads like this really make me laugh. Obama AND your beloved Romney have both spoken out AGAINST 'assault weapons.' You guys are so devoted to supporting ANYONE who has an R by there name that you'll support an anti gun progressive...BECAUSE HE HAS AN R BY HIS NAME.

The difference between Obama and Romney on assault weapons? Your beloved Romney put his money where is mouth is and actually signed an AWB into law.

You guys look just as silly as the antigunners out there supporting Obama by supporting Romney. Threads like this just set you back even farther.

Lie to yourself if you want, but don't try to lie to us. Mitt Romney has done more to hurt gun rights for Americans than Obama and you all know it.
You obviously dont have a clue at to my position on politics. I have splashed them all over this site.

The irony is, you take the few words I have said and formulated my stance about the few words someone else said.

Swing and a miss.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 19:42   #228
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Quote:
You obviously dont have a clue at to my position on politics. I have splashed them all over this site.

The irony is, you take the few words I have said and formulated my stance about the few words someone else said.

Swing and a miss.
You're just a big, mean, jerk and obviously a racist. You shouldn't have woken up. Have a Soma and go back to sleep.
Old 10-23-2012, 20:19   #229
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
arguing obama is anything other than Anti-gun is foolishness. Either you are clueless about everything or you have just drank that much kool-aid that you cant see truth anymore.
Oh, I have NO question at all that, if he could, he would eliminate every firearm in existence and use the melted-down metal to make a victory train that he'd ride around the country waving a cowboy hat and yelling "YEEEEHHHHAAAWWWW!!!!!"

But realistically, his PERSONAL views have very little bearing on what, as president, he can actually do. And for everyone that wants to say otherwise, regardless of whether you AGREE with him or not, he's NOT a stupid man.

He IS anti-gun. No question. He brings it up to soothe his base. But his record on the issue over the last four years speaks for itself. The great big fat "F" from Brady says quite a bit, too.
Old 10-23-2012, 21:19   #230
railfancwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
Oh, I have NO question at all that, if he [Obama] could, he would eliminate every firearm in existence...
Well, not EVERY firearm. His "troops" in Homeland Security et.al. would keep theirs so the billion or so rounds of ammo they've bought wouldn't go to waste.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 10-23-2012, 22:16   #231
Cubdriver

Quote:
But realistically, his PERSONAL views have very little bearing on what, as president, he can actually do.
What, you mean like possibly appointing more justices to the Supreme Court? Cut from the same cloth as Elena Kagen and the wise Latina, Sonia Sotomayor, those two staunch second amendment supporters?

Why do people seem to be so blind to the whole Supreme Court thing?

-Pat
Old 10-23-2012, 23:03   #232
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panglоss View Post
Ok, please post up the full quotation, with proper citation, of all and any supreme court justices who have claimed that they support trying to overturn the Heller decision in the near future.

Once you do that, then we'll discuss your logic...or lack thereof.
I posted it.

No comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
What, you mean like possibly appointing more justices to the Supreme Court? Cut from the same cloth as Elena Kagen and the wise Latina, Sonia Sotomayor, those two staunch second amendment supporters?

Why do people seem to be so blind to the whole Supreme Court thing?

-Pat
Looks like you just made WarCry's ignore list. Anytime someone uses logic or mentions scotus, he ignores it and tries to argue with someone else.

Quote:

Lets see. One guy wants to appoint new scotus justices who will make anti-gun rulings without a doubt. He has appointed 2 far left anti-gunners and 125 libs as judges. We can expect future appointments to be left to far left. Maybe we'll get another communist in a govt position like Van Jones...or a mass murderer[mao] lover like Anita Dunn.

The other guy says he will appoint new members of scotus like the ones on the right. We can expect them as well as his other appointments to be moderate at worst.

One guy says no new gun laws.

The other says "hey, we need to have a new awb and there a real problem with cheap pistols."

Obama will be on his second term if he wins and will be free to do/say more of what he wants...but he doesnt even need to do that. He just needs to appoint one new member of scotus to replace one of the soon to be 80 year olds.

But you go ahead and write in Paul. You can feel proud that you're one of the half a percent that voted that way and helped Obama get back in to appoint more pos liberals.
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 23:11   #233
jp3975

I cant believe some on this forum are so eager to give Obama the satisfaction of a second term.

You want the libs to be smug and happy after the election?

Even if you hate Romney, he's obviously a better choice than Obama. If you lean right that's a FACT... for all the appointments the president gets to make if nothing else.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:42   #234
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

romney = RINO
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:06   #235
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
romney = RINO
Obama = MARXIST

As they say at Staples -- "That was easy..."

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:15   #236
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Obama = MARXIST

As they say at Staples -- "That was easy..."

Yup!
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
Old 10-24-2012, 07:31   #237
JFrame

Quote:
Yup!
The Okie Corral

--
Old 10-24-2012, 07:39   #238
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
The Okie Corral

make mine Merlot.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:45   #239
JFrame

Quote:
make mine Merlot.
You got it -- I always try to have a Merlot, a Pinot, and a Cab or Shiraz on hand...

--
Old 10-24-2012, 08:11   #240
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

No single malt.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:18   #241
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
No single malt.'08.
Now, now...It ain't the bestest in the world, but I keep a Glenlivet sitting around for those who are so inclined... Although (yeah--call me barbaric), I'm perfectly happy with a snort of Jameson myself...

Oh, and my wife mixes the meanest Margaritas this side of Sonora...

--
Old 10-24-2012, 08:39   #242
fwm

Quote:
But what you're failing to recognize or acknowledge is that he was, at that time, doing what he was asked - representing the views of the people that put him in office. He doesn't represent only Chicago now (contrary to what every wants to think/accuse/etc).

Strongly disagree. The PEOPLE want the right to own and carry for self protection. It is the LAWMAKERS that are afraid of an armed public.

Voted AGAINST the voters wishes!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:26   #243
JMag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
i cant believe some on this forum are so eager to give obama the satisfaction of a second term.

You want the libs to be smug and happy after the election?

Even if you hate romney, he's obviously a better choice than obama. If you lean right that's a fact... For all the appointments the president gets to make if nothing else.
this!
JMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:38   #244
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:

Wow, thats full of fail.

I guess the solution is to vote for a third party candidate that cannot win, but can siphon enough votes off to make sure that Obama can win and stack the supreme court, right?
Old 10-24-2012, 12:43   #245
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 13:06   #246
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

Quote:
.....snip...

Please...stop the rhetoric...go cold turkey off the koolaid.

Now the hard part for you...please tell us what Romney has done for American's gun rights, one way or another?

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 23:16   #247
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
Wow, thats full of fail.

I guess the solution is to vote for a third party candidate that cannot win, but can siphon enough votes off to make sure that Obama can win and stack the supreme court, right?
They always seem to shut up when you tell them things like that.

Though i did have one reason that Romney may put an anti gun justice in scotus so their witting paul in.
Old 10-26-2012, 00:44   #248
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Now, now...It ain't the bestest in the world, but I keep a Glenlivet sitting around for those who are so inclined... Although (yeah--call me barbaric), I'm perfectly happy with a snort of Jameson myself...

Oh, and my wife mixes the meanest Margaritas this side of Sonora...

Ah awh....

Lisa MY ex got me hooked on Merlot(s).
Old 10-27-2012, 14:53   #249
Schlitz

I'd rather see Obama win a second term than abandon my values and support an anti-gun politician like Romney.

Quote:
Wow, thats full of fail.
^says the gun enthusiast who supports a politician that passed an assault weapons ban
Old 10-27-2012, 15:25   #250
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
I'd rather see Obama win a second term than abandon my values and support an anti-gun politician like Romney.

^says the gun enthusiast who supports a politician that passed an assault weapons ban
And you would rather see Obama win? Ignore the fact that the Supreme Court will be stacked against us for a long time? The more you talk the dumber it sounds.....

Tags
debate