Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-22-2012, 22:45   #1
QbonSean

Standard Glock Trigger Pull

Ok, new guy question: I see a bunch of people talking about a NY-1 3.5lb trigger mod for their Glock. What is the standard trigger pressure that comes with a Glock out of the box?
Old 10-22-2012, 23:37   #2
ChicagoZman

Standard Spring and Connector approximately 6 lbs.
Glocks: 17, 17L, 22, 22C, 23, 24C, 27, 34
ChicagoZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 23:47   #3
INEEDMILK

5.5 lbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:32   #4
onemanwolfpack
1 man wolf pack

yes they average 5.5 lbs except for I think two models whicih come in at 4.5 out of box, those being competition glocks I believe. I have the ghost drop-in connector, but havent decided whether to put it in yet.
onemanwolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:01   #5
SouthernBoyVA

Glock triggers are easy and highly subject to modifications. If you are of a mind to do any of this, I suggest you first get use to your gun and then take a decision as to whether or not you are going to make any mods. The factors involved in this decision are going to be if this is a range gun, a defensive arm, or both. Add to these your specific preferences and what you find works best for you.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:48   #6
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

There is NO ONE SPECIFIC TRIGGER PULL WEIGHT FOR A GLOCK.

The best you can do is to determine a range by using a series of pull tests. You have to be consistent, too; and state exactly where on the trigger's face each measurement is taken.

When fitted with a standard connector and springs, new, out of the box, Glock pistols usually demonstrate a trigger pull weight between 5.5 and 6.5#'s when measured from the center of the trigger's face.

Without screwing around with ALL of the springs I very much doubt that you're going to get a true 3.5# trigger pull on an otherwise normal Glock pistol; and, even if you do, that's not a Glock you want to be carrying.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-23-2012 at 05:49..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:54   #7
QbonSean

Thanks for the information. My Glock is mainly for SD, but I frequent the range quite often. I don't have a problem with the trigger per-se, but I find that I have a slight bit of hand motion during my trigger pull. I'm wondering if a lighter trigger would help.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:43   #8
JBS

You will find that after a few hundred rounds the parts will have burnished each other and you may lose as much as a quarter pound of pull weight (best case). What you will experience is that the pull has gotten much smoother and therefore the perceived pull weight will feel much less than it actually is.
2 Corinthians 11:13-15
JBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:53   #9
dango

I think maybe I am the only one who like's the factory trigger
or just so used to it , it just seems fine to me ?
In target shooting , It is a two stage trigger.
First-you lightly squeeze and feel , I mean feel the trigger release.
Then , a little harder and bang ! You can hold the (Light-Squeeze) or trigger release as long as you want with-out
actually shooting and in target shooting , this is great !

Other senario: ONE HARD FAST PULL , BANG.......!

Is it just me or does everybody feel this ? It does take some getting used to but , a very long time and many rnds. later,
I like it the way it is OMHO....!
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:31   #10
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
I think maybe I am the only one who like's the factory trigger
or just so used to it , it just seems fine to me ?
In target shooting , It is a two stage trigger.
First-you lightly squeeze and feel , I mean feel the trigger release.
Then , a little harder and bang ! You can hold the (Light-Squeeze) or trigger release as long as you want with-out
actually shooting and in target shooting , this is great !

Other senario: ONE HARD FAST PULL , BANG.......!

Is it just me or does everybody feel this ? It does take some getting used to but , a very long time and many rnds. later,
I like it the way it is OMHO....!

If I didn't have the need to hit 8" target at 25 yards (and further).... AT SPEED.... then yeah, maybe that would be okay.

Being that I am primarily a competition shooter, I need something a little easier to control than stock. I run the Ghost Rocket and springs in my G34.

My carry G26? Lightly polished the mating surfaces, and good to go. But I only shoot that gun only a few times a year, just to make sure it goes bang, clean it up and back in the carry holster. Most of my shooting is with G34. Love that gun.

Quote:
WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!
ron59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 13:19   #11
CigarandScotch
Fartacus

I have yet to modify mine from the way it came out of the box. And it does feel better now that I have put 1000 rounds through it. I thought I would tinker with it when I first bought it, but now I like it just fine the way it is. Mine is a 2001 G17C, and the trigger feels better than most of the newer ones I have tried lately (smoother, softer) for some reason.

Every one I have shot does feel slightly different, so I guess your mileage may vary...
Old 10-23-2012, 13:33   #12
dango

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron59 View Post
If I didn't have the need to hit 8" target at 25 yards (and further).... AT SPEED.... then yeah, maybe that would be okay.

Being that I am primarily a competition shooter, I need something a little easier to control than stock. I run the Ghost Rocket and springs in my G34.

My carry G26? Lightly polished the mating surfaces, and good to go. But I only shoot that gun only a few times a year, just to make sure it goes bang, clean it up and back in the carry holster. Most of my shooting is with G34. Love that gun.
Well , that make's perfect sense.! I live in the middle of no-where and my only competition shooting has been in my back yard with friends and neighbors , never been to a range but do see where you are coming from.
What I don't understand is why would somebody do this to a carry gun . This is only my personal opinion and not anybody
elses .
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 14:05   #13
diamondd2

I thought NY-1 brings the trigger pull weight up to 8lbs? NY-2 12lbs?
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 15:39   #14
SouthernBoyVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by QbonSean View Post
Thanks for the information. My Glock is mainly for SD, but I frequent the range quite often. I don't have a problem with the trigger per-se, but I find that I have a slight bit of hand motion during my trigger pull. I'm wondering if a lighter trigger would help.
It did for me. Folks on this site all have their own personal feelings about modifying the trigger. However for myself, I found that a few improvements made things better for me. My digitally measured trigger weight of my primary carry gen3 G23 comes in at between 4 pounds 14 ounces to 5 pounds. This works for me.
Old 10-23-2012, 15:40   #15
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Well , that make's perfect sense.! I live in the middle of no-where and my only competition shooting has been in my back yard with friends and neighbors , never been to a range but do see where you are coming from.
What I don't understand is why would somebody do this to a carry gun . This is only my personal opinion and not anybody
elses .

If you read my post again... I *DON'T* do that to a carry gun. My carry gun is pretty much stock.

When you made YOUR post though, you didn't state it was for a carry gun. You just made the blanket statement that a stock (heavy) trigger pull is fine for you. My post was only to state that.... depending on someone's wants/needs, that is not a one-size-fits-all viewpoint.

Quote:
WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!
ron59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 22:10   #16
OneAmericanVet

My Glock Gen3 27 is my newest addition. First use actually scared me it was so easy.
I had to modify my SW 380 Bodyguard trigger because it was such a long pull. My Gen 2 SKKY CPX1 is comfortable. It also has the latest mods from the factory as I live in Daytona. So the Glock 27 trigger has taken me some time to get used to.. it's so easy. I've found using a laser round for practive has helped me. But there's no substitute for range use with the bang and recoil. But the GLock is the most accurate I own. Still waiting for my CCL so the Bodyguard is my "in the car" choice. I just wish Glock had a 9mm the size of the Bodyguard.
OneAmericanVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 23:07   #17
DuckyPhe

This subject has been costing me a lot of pleasure and sleep lately. I'm just making the move into shooting pistols after spending the last 30 years shooting clays competitively. All of my clay guns have very light trigger pulls with absolutely no creep. The triggers are exactly the same on all of them. I learned to shoot triggers like that and am totally comfortable and proficient with them. Now I've got 5 new pistols, all with different triggers, and after 2 hours at the range with an instructor today, we came to the conclusion that the hard, long pulls of these 5 totally different triggers are what's giving me the low/left fits. I know the rule of thumb is that it is caused by a flinch, which is basically correct, but the flinch is being caused (or at least greatly influenced) by the time that it is taking me to get the trigger pulled smoothly. I'm actually doing it worse with the lighter recoil guns (S&W Bodyguard .380 & 92A1 - both double actions). When we took all the creep out of my Sig 1911 trigger, problem went away. I realize it's something I need to learn to control and I fully intend to put in the range time needed to get there but it still leaves me stumped as to why I wouldn't want all my pistol triggers to be as similar as possible. I keep reading all these posts about 3.5lb triggers in target guns but "you don't want to carry that". Why? The mod doesn't change the Safe Action System's three built in safety's, right? At least that was what I was told by the instructor/armorer that's going to lighten my G27 Gen4 trigger for me. The way I see it, if you keep your booger picker off the trigger till ready to fire, then that trigger safety is going to make it just as safe as original. What am I missing here (other than a few years of practice and the knowledge that comes with it)?

Thanks,
Chris
DuckyPhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 23:26   #18
R3508
Curmudgeon

Heavier trigger made me pull to the left. stock trigger looks "less offensive" to a jury.
NRA Life Member
Mark Levin Conservative
R3508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 15:09   #19
Duck of Death

All my Glocks including my carry G27 have 2lb triggers.

They are not unsafe--the trigger MUST BE PULLED for them to fire.

With that trigger pull I shoot then RATHER WELL.

I think, therefore I am, I think?

Last edited by Duck of Death; 04-25-2013 at 15:10..
Duck of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 15:14   #20
LeMat
Jellybaby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
All my Glocks including my carry G27 have 2lb triggers.

They are not unsafe--the trigger MUST BE PULLED for them to fire.

With that trigger pull I shoot then RATHER WELL.
I can vouch for that, eh Duck?
The 10 Ring #1300
LeMat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3.5 lb trigger connector, pull, trigger