Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
And yes you are clueless.
Speaking of clueless, have you ever:

1. Read the US Constitution?

And

2. Purchased a home?

And

3. Read every legal document, word for word, associated with that home purchase? (consulting a lawyer WITHOUT reading the documents does not count.)

And

4. Read, word for word, the contract language of every document you've signed the past 10 years? (Again, consulting a lawyer without reading the documents does not count.)

And yes, I have, and do, all of the above.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 21:57   #252
frizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
The Supreme Court ruled a long time ago that private entities that are quasi-governmental in nature are subject to constitutional limitations. The case, in fact, was regarding deed covenants that restricted people from sellings to blacks.
You are grasping at straws.

And if you are such a freedom lover, why do you support government restrictions on who you can choose to contract with?

You support government power to require racial hiring quotas. Your reasoning leaves no other conclusion?

Why do you hate freedom?

EDIT: That decision was based on the slavery-banning 13th Amendment. It said that requiring land to be whites only was the same as enslaving blacks.

Last edited by frizz; 10-21-2012 at 22:02..
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 21:58   #253
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
UPDATE:

His car was YELLOW with flame stripes, and one of those ORANGE rear spoilers.

Do these animals intentionally harm my property values?
Oh man, if it was one of them Honda Preludes with the 2 exhausts, then I suggest packing NOW.
Old 10-21-2012, 22:00   #254
frizz

Quote:

And

2. Purchased a home?

And

3. Read every legal document, word for word, associated with that home purchase? (consulting a lawyer WITHOUT reading the documents does not count.)

And

4. Read, word for word, the contract language of every document you've signed the past 10 years? (Again, consulting a lawyer without reading the documents does not count.)

Very wise. That way you don't enter into contracts that you don't want. But you would still deny others the liberty to enter into contracts that THEY want.

That is a hypocritical position.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 22:04   #255
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
You are grasping at straws.

And if you are such a freedom lover, why do you support government restrictions on who you can choose to contract with?

You support government power to require racial hiring quotas. Your reasoning leaves no other conclusion?

Why do you hate freedom?
Do you actually have an argument? Do you even know the case to which I am referring? Can you answer the questions in post 251?
Old 10-21-2012, 22:18   #256
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post

EDIT: That decision was based on the slavery-banning 13th Amendment. It said that requiring land to be whites only was the same as enslaving blacks.
The case was regarding the 14th amendment, but I see you don't even know the case to which I am referring.

Why do you choose to saddle average citizens with the quasi-governmental power of an HOA?
Old 10-21-2012, 22:47   #257
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:

And

2. Purchased a home?

And

And

I have been either the buyer, seller, lender or realtor on over 1,000 residential real estate transactions. The US Constitution had a direct bearing on exactly ZERO of them and yes I have read it.

How many home sales have you participated in?

Last edited by gjk5; 10-21-2012 at 22:48..
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 23:19   #258
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?

Quote:
Oh man, if it was one of them Honda Preludes with the 2 exhausts, then I suggest packing NOW.
No need. We have HOA block captain who will take care of it. He has a red, white, and blue outfit, and carries a shield made of very rare material. I think it's a rare metal called propertie valluinium. He protects our property values. He'll keep leaving messages, knocking on their door and demanding they do something, leave notes on their car, and in their mailbox. Luckily we have folks like that, or we would see our property value plummet.

Thank goodness for HOA block captains, and those who protect our property values.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?
Rooster Rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 17:42   #259
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
I have been either the buyer, seller, lender or realtor on over 1,000 residential real estate transactions. The US Constitution had a direct bearing on exactly ZERO of them and yes I have read it.

How many home sales have you participated in?

Right, because constitutional issues anywhere have never affected any aspect of housing or HOAs. The document you said you read might as well have been a comic book.