GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 19:10   #426
onebigelf
Senior Member
 
onebigelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPistola View Post
Maybe he is contemplating to voluntarily give up his second term, so that he is not blamed for the upcoming economic meltdown (aka shtf). He might be trying to protect his "legacy."
Possible, but I've got to say, I was not a Romney fan. i thought he was the least acceptable and least electable of the Republican candidates. Having said that, I liked what I saw in the debate. Romney looked like a man who was in his element when talking about the economy. He acted like he felt that he had the answers. His entire demeanor hit me as, "The economy? Don't worry about it. I got this...". He didn't strike me as being afraid of taking on the economic problems we're having. Not one little bit.

If you think about it, it makes sense. What he did at Bain capital was, they didn't buy bad companies. They bought good companies that COULD have been successful, but were being poorly run and mismanaged into failure. isn't that what we think is happening to the country?

John
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 20:49   #427
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,680
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Commander View Post
Me three. I didn't expect to be as impressed as I was with Romney in the debate. I thought he handed Obama his ass.
I was also surprised. I thought Obama was going to just charm his way into an easy win.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:50   #428
mrstrau
Member
 
mrstrau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The People's Republic of New York
Posts: 97
Honestly, I don't want either Romney or Obama to win again. Romney is a liar and a flipflop..just look at his voting record. All he cares about is his bank account and his executive buddies. I can't trust any man who has 150 million invested in gold and a part of his portfolio invested in China.

I agree with some, some of Obama's social policy. Pretty much dislike everything else about him.

I was a HUGE Ron Paul fan, and I am disappointed to see him out of politics now. However, I believe liberty still has a chance with Gary Johnston, so I'm voting for him.


Either way tho, I don't think Romney will make it. He has a hard time connecting to the middle class, which I think in this election will be the majority of the voters. And, it's historically hard to beat the incumbent. If we voted George Bush in for two terms, people are definitely stupid enough to vote Obama in again, unfortunately.
__________________
"If our opponent is to be made to comply with our will, we must place him in a situation which is more oppressive to him than the sacrifice which we demand."
-General Carl von Clausewitz
mrstrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:08   #429
Narkcop
Senior Member
 
Narkcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,678
Wasting your vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstrau View Post
Honestly, I don't want either Romney or Obama to win again. Romney is a liar and a flipflop..just look at his voting record. All he cares about is his bank account and his executive buddies. I can't trust any man who has 150 million invested in gold and a part of his portfolio invested in China.

I agree with some, some of Obama's social policy. Pretty much dislike everything else about him.

I was a HUGE Ron Paul fan, and I am disappointed to see him out of politics now. However, I believe liberty still has a chance with Gary Johnston, so I'm voting for him.


Either way tho, I don't think Romney will make it. He has a hard time connecting to the middle class, which I think in this election will be the majority of the voters. And, it's historically hard to beat the incumbent. If we voted George Bush in for two terms, people are definitely stupid enough to vote Obama in again, unfortunately.
Narkcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:21   #430
BSA70
Senior Member
 
BSA70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,369
"Romney is a liar and a flipflop..just look at his voting record."

You nailed it. I really did not know anything about Romney until watching a Frontline show the other night on PBS. It was unbiased, presented the facts and went back and forth between mitt and o. I learned many things about each person.

I have much more confidence in Romney since watching the show. Far as his ability to turn the financial mess around. The man has a proven record of brilliance in the business world. Every thing the man has ever dealt with went from a mess to gold.

One glaring flaw on Mitt was his voting record. He will flip flop and change his vote-stance on anything if it will further his agenda and position. There were so many issues he has done this on, too many to list.

He's our best chance to get the economy back on track. He is a typical politician. But he is on steriods
BSA70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:54   #431
Flying-Dutchman
Senior Member
 
Flying-Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstrau View Post
Honestly, I don't want either Romney or Obama to win again.

I agree with some, some of Obama's social policy. Pretty much dislike everything else about him.


Either way tho, I don't think Romney will make it. He has a hard time connecting to the middle class, which I think in this election will be the majority of the voters.
There will be no middle class if Obama wins. Are you out in the real world making any kind of money or are you living with Mom and Dad?

Have you been paying attention to what has been happening the last 4 years and what will happen in January if Obama wins and the fiscal cliff hits?

Do you get all of your news from Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart?

This is what you do. Tell all your liberal friends to vote Green Party.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:56   #432
Trew2Life
#the struggle
 
Trew2Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: terra nullius
Posts: 1,167
Mitt Romney can't win this election. Mitt Romney can make the good argument about the economy and the debt, but unfortunately for him he's also running against a sleeping giant. Woman's rights.

If anyone doesn't think a Mitt Romney win can and will have an effect on Rowe v Wade is dangerously misinformed. Whether that effect will be positive or negative depends on your perspective.

The Right is going to perceive a Romney win as a mandate for agenda's far beyond the concepts of debt reduction and tax reform. The Dem's hold a lead in the Senate, now but heaven help my daughters and granddaughters if that should change.

If you lack the internal organs to grow, nurish then birth human life (IMHO) you really don't have a say in the matter. You literally didn't build that. GTF out of my babies womb.

Mitt Romney would be glad to sign personhood amendments and the Republimens would be happy to write them. Don't kid yourself otherwise.
__________________
Excuses are tools of the incompetent used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who use them seldom amount to anything.

Last edited by Trew2Life; 10-21-2012 at 06:59..
Trew2Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:01   #433
M&P Shooter
Metal Member
 
M&P Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 10,436
Lets take a look, College kids think Obama is God's answer to everything, seniors think Obama is the chosen one to fix the country and he of course will get the minority vote. No I think we are screwed big time

The thing that gets me pissed off is that this election is so focused on color and not who can run this country better
__________________
I walk through the valley of the shadow of death but it's cool because my Glock 23 is loaded with 180gr HST!
M&P Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:07   #434
Flying-Dutchman
Senior Member
 
Flying-Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
Mitt Romney can't win this election. Mitt Romney can make the good argument about the economy and the debt, but unfortunately for him he's also running against a sleeping giant. Woman's rights.

If anyone doesn't think a Mitt Romney win can and will have an effect on Rowe v Wade is dangerously misinformed. Whether that effect will be positive or negative depends on your perspective.

The Right is going to perceive a Romney win as a mandate for agenda's far beyond the concepts of debt reduction and tax reform. The Dem's hold a lead in the Senate, now but heaven help my daughters and granddaughters if that should change.

If you lack the internal organs to grow, nurish then birth human life (IMHO) you really don't have a say in the matter. You literally didn't build that. GTF out of my babies womb.

Mitt Romney would be glad to sign personhood amendments and the Republimens would be happy to write them. Don't kid yourself otherwise.
Obama is such a disaster you bring up Abortion. Women are worried about the economy not Abortion.

Romney’s church has a moderate stance on Abortion and does not ban it only suggesting one consults and prays before making the decision.

This is such a non-issue.

Romney should he win, will be spending all of his time shoveling the gigantic pile of dung with a cherry on top Obama is leaving him.

You will not hear Romney complain once about the much larger mess Obama will leave.

Romney will immediately get to work to fix our economy and budget.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:10   #435
Trew2Life
#the struggle
 
Trew2Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: terra nullius
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
Obama is such a disaster you bring up Abortion. Women are worried about the economy not Abortion.

Romney’s church has a moderate stance on Abortion and does not ban it only suggesting one consults and prays before making the decision.

This is such a non-issue.

Romney should he win, will be spending all of his time shoveling the gigantic pile of dung with a cherry on top Obama is leaving him.

You will not hear Romney complain once about the much larger mess Obama will leave.

Romney will immediately get to work to fix our economy and budget.
While you're up there, check his prostate too.
__________________
Excuses are tools of the incompetent used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who use them seldom amount to anything.
Trew2Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:19   #436
Providence
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
Mitt Romney can't win this election. Mitt Romney can make the good argument about the economy and the debt, but unfortunately for him he's also running against a sleeping giant. Woman's rights.

If anyone doesn't think a Mitt Romney win can and will have an effect on Rowe v Wade is dangerously misinformed. Whether that effect will be positive or negative depends on your perspective.

The Right is going to perceive a Romney win as a mandate for agenda's far beyond the concepts of debt reduction and tax reform. The Dem's hold a lead in the Senate, now but heaven help my daughters and granddaughters if that should change.

If you lack the internal organs to grow, nurish then birth human life (IMHO) you really don't have a say in the matter. You literally didn't build that. GTF out of my babies womb.

Mitt Romney would be glad to sign personhood amendments and the Republimens would be happy to write them. Don't kid yourself otherwise.
. When facts fail you, you make up your own set? Troll much?
__________________
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:26   #437
Providence
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
Lets take a look, College kids think Obama is God's answer to everything, seniors think Obama is the chosen one to fix the country and he of course will get the minority vote. No I think we are screwed big time

The thing that gets me pissed off is that this election is so focused on color and not who can run this country better
This election is about who gets out the vote. In this very thread you see how the Dims want to confuse the election with libel based on fantasy. But if we actually get out and vote, we will win. The reality is the Dims are discouraged. Their guy is a loser. He has proved to be inept at every move. Big O. Has one "success." It's Obamacare! How popular is that? So we have to be motivated to vote this guy out, if for no other reason we have an intense fear of when another 4 years of O. will bring us.
__________________
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:53   #438
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
Mitt Romney can't win this election. Mitt Romney can make the good argument about the economy and the debt, but unfortunately for him he's also running against a sleeping giant. Woman's rights.

If anyone doesn't think a Mitt Romney win can and will have an effect on Rowe v Wade is dangerously misinformed. Whether that effect will be positive or negative depends on your perspective.

The Right is going to perceive a Romney win as a mandate for agenda's far beyond the concepts of debt reduction and tax reform. The Dem's hold a lead in the Senate, now but heaven help my daughters and granddaughters if that should change.

If you lack the internal organs to grow, nurish then birth human life (IMHO) you really don't have a say in the matter. You literally didn't build that. GTF out of my babies womb.

Mitt Romney would be glad to sign personhood amendments and the Republimens would be happy to write them. Don't kid yourself otherwise.
So, this is what the liberals are left with. Trying to get people to quit talking about the greatest economic downturn since the Depression, and instead talk about abortion.

"Hey, you may lose your house and job under Obama, but your 14 year old daughter will still be able to get an abortion without telling you. Ain't that great?"
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:02   #439
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,668
Blog Entries: 1




Not you.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.

Last edited by kirgi08; 10-21-2012 at 09:04..
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:03   #440
SpoiledBySig
Senior Member
 
SpoiledBySig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Port St. Lucie, FL
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
So, this is what the liberals are left with. Trying to get people to quit talking about the greatest economic downturn since the Depression, and instead talk about abortion.

"Hey, you may lose your house and job under Obama, but your 14 year old daughter will still be able to get an abortion without telling you. Ain't that great?"

The Okie Corral
__________________
That's my story...and i'm stickin' to it!!!
SpoiledBySig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:21   #441
mrstrau
Member
 
mrstrau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The People's Republic of New York
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
There will be no middle class if Obama wins. Are you out in the real world making any kind of money or are you living with Mom and Dad?

Have you been paying attention to what has been happening the last 4 years and what will happen in January if Obama wins and the fiscal cliff hits?

Do you get all of your news from Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart?

This is what you do. Tell all your liberal friends to vote Green Party.
I was thrown out of my house when I was 17 years old. I am currently 23 and have been living on my own since, I am in my last semester of college studying history, without a quote, unquote "real" job.

Trust me, I know how hard it is "out there".


And no, I don't get my news from Colbert or Stewart, but I do think it is a good satire of the crap Fox and CNN tries to pass as news.

I'm strongly libertarian. What is funny is that libertarians and republicans have many policy ideas that are extremely similar. But I run into the usual conservative ignorance often when people call me "liberal" because they don't understand politics beyond democrats/republicans and anything that is remotely different from conservative republicanism is "SOCIALISM!"

But again, people have different political beliefs. You believe Mitt Romney will fix this country. I don't.
__________________
"If our opponent is to be made to comply with our will, we must place him in a situation which is more oppressive to him than the sacrifice which we demand."
-General Carl von Clausewitz
mrstrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:46   #442
Providence
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstrau View Post
You believe Mitt Romney will fix this country. I don't.
I do not think Romney will fix this country. Not for a second. And I don't know anybody who does. We come to our support of Romney with reluctance. I do have some hope that he may do some good things, but there is a long fight ahead of us. Romney is a stop-gap to Obama. He may prove to be a good president, but he is not as far along the liberty scale as we need.

But the fact is that Johnson is not electable and Romney is.
__________________
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18

Last edited by Providence; 10-21-2012 at 09:49..
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:55   #443
mrstrau
Member
 
mrstrau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The People's Republic of New York
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
I do not think Romney will fix this country. Not for a second. And I don't know anybody who does. We come to our support of Romney with reluctance. I do have some hope that he may do some good things, but there is a long fight ahead of us. Romney is a stop-gap to Obama. He may prove to be a good president, but he is not as far along the liberty scale as we need.

But the fact is that Johnson is not electable and Romney is.
True. Very True, I agree. But if Romney does turn into another horrible administration, my conscience will be clear.
__________________
"If our opponent is to be made to comply with our will, we must place him in a situation which is more oppressive to him than the sacrifice which we demand."
-General Carl von Clausewitz
mrstrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:12   #444
50 Cent
Senior Member
 
50 Cent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Republic of Texas, CSA
Posts: 2,190
With Benghazi blowing up in O's face just in time for the last debate (ironically on foreign policy), poll numbers (even with heavy Dem oversampling) cratering, news that Va,Fl,NC are being abandoned by the Dems, its Romney's now to lose.

If he is still leading to this extent now after hundreds of millions of attack ads since spring, then even the most hardy libtard is starting to face reality.

You can see / feel it on the Bolshevik news blogs like Salon, Daily Beast, Huffpo etc. They were triumphant all the way through Sept, now the best they do is try and spin the Benghazi disaster.

Try.
__________________
#NoAWB #StandYourGround

Last edited by 50 Cent; 10-21-2012 at 10:12..
50 Cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:26   #445
pugman
Senior Member
 
pugman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstrau View Post
But again, people have different political beliefs. You believe Mitt Romney will fix this country. I don't.
Ironically, I like you run more with the Libertarian crowd but do not consider myself a Democrat or Republican conservative or liberal. Politicans have jedi mind tricked this entire country into believing they must "side" themselves. I have friends and coworkers who perfectly fit the sterotypes of Liberal or Conservative. One liberal coworker has stated she would readily hand over her children's future of freedom, the ability to try and make it on their own and potentially fail and all that goes with it for a life of government provided food, shelter, education, etc.

If you run with the Libertarian crowd and a Republican calls you a Liberal - ask them what they think the definition means? My brother, who is the very scary type of hard line Republican who on the one had believes in an absolutely free economy but in the other believes in lining certain "unworthy" types up against a wall and shooting them, called me a Fascist one time. I laid into him and asked him what the word meant and he stumbled and retreated like the French. It was a word he heard one time while listening to Rush and he couldn't define it. Anyone who knows me would know the last thing I am is a Fascist. When they try and pigeon hole me I clearly state I'm a "free economy, limited government Libertarian with streaks of Centrism and Anarchism." Believe me, the "siding crowd" never knows how to respond and eventually falls into the "your crazy" camp. Generally speaking, in my AO registered Democrats and Republicans alike are so brainwashed any common sense views are labeled "nut job."

Romney is not the answer this country needs but he is a small step in the right direction. Voting third party would make me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing I voted my conscious but in the end this conscious doesn't pay the bill. An O win simply means the freight train dead end happens sooner.

Stick to your guns...the ways things are going...soon enough this won't be a saying anyway.
__________________
Now when asked when I think things will change I answer "The next time Thomas (aka the fed) robs Peter (aka the 53%) to pay Paul (aka the 47%) and Peter pulls a gun...things will change"
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:13   #446
kat1950
Senior Member
 
kat1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: seminole county, florida
Posts: 914


Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstrau View Post
I was thrown out of my house when I was 17 years old. I am currently 23 and have been living on my own since, I am in my last semester of college studying history, without a quote, unquote "real" job.

Trust me, I know how hard it is "out there".


And no, I don't get my news from Colbert or Stewart, but I do think it is a good satire of the crap Fox and CNN tries to pass as news.

I'm strongly libertarian. What is funny is that libertarians and republicans have many policy ideas that are extremely similar. But I run into the usual conservative ignorance often when people call me "liberal" because they don't understand politics beyond democrats/republicans and anything that is remotely different from conservative republicanism is "SOCIALISM!"

But again, people have different political beliefs. You believe Mitt Romney will fix this country. I don't.

At 23 you don't know **** about life.
kat1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:20   #447
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,668
Blog Entries: 1


Disagree.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:21   #448
Trew2Life
#the struggle
 
Trew2Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: terra nullius
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
So, this is what the liberals are left with. Trying to get people to quit talking about the greatest economic downturn since the Depression, and instead talk about abortion.

"Hey, you may lose your house and job under Obama, but your 14 year old daughter will still be able to get an abortion without telling you. Ain't that great?"
One mans economic downturn is another mans prosperity. Yes. It was so depressing to see Wall Street set record breaking profits the last 4 years. It was so endearing to see Dem's and Rep's, working together to pass a Jobs bill.

If you lose your house and job it won't be because of Obama. It will be because you, your employer and local elected officials have dediced to cut of your nose to spite your face.

Although preserving a womans right to privacy (a.k.a., abortion) isn't my major point, it is of great concern to me. I am more concerned with Women's Rights, in general, which I see being threatend by conservative agenda's. Agenda's I believe Mitt Romney will wholely support.

My economics are fine. My job is secure. All I've got left are my daughters and grandgirls. You do what you gotta do.
__________________
Excuses are tools of the incompetent used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who use them seldom amount to anything.
Trew2Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:24   #449
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,668
Blog Entries: 1


__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:34   #450
Little Joe
Senior Member
 
Little Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At The Ready
Posts: 4,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebigelf View Post

If you think about it, it makes sense. What he did at Bain capital was, they didn't buy bad companies. They bought good companies that COULD have been successful, but were being poorly run and mismanaged into failure. isn't that what we think is happening to the country?

John
Yep, and what he did to straighten out the 2002 Winter Olympics demonstrates that, too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney
Little Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:20.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,154
333 Members
821 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42