GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 14:50   #81
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 728
So, how did you guys make out? Did your G21's come back from Glock yet?
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 19:36   #82
BuzznRose
Senior Member
 
BuzznRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
So, how did you guys make out? Did your G21's come back from Glock yet?
Diamond,

My gun is at Glock now, on it's second visit to Smyrna, GA. THis time, Glock foot the bill to ship it. I've sent several emails and made a couple phone calls and basically told them NOT to send it back until if was fixed.

Honestly, I'm torn how to proceed when I get it back. I expect it will come back spotlessly cleaned, and I'm thinking I might just sell it in that condition rather than run rounds through it.

I'm wanting to sell the dang thing because I am not as thrilled with the .45 ACP as I was before I shot it so much, as well as the 21 is just too big for my hands to comfortably shoot. I guess I'm too used to the 23/19 frame. I do plan on getting a 1911 at some point, but more just to have one versus needing a big bore. I really LOVE the .40 S&W round and my 23 shoots too good!

So, like I said in an earlier post, if anyone in Texas is looking for a G21 Gen 4 with 5 mags, TRU-GLO TFO's, + original accessories in the case, with less than 1K rounds through it, all for $600, send me a PM.
__________________
"The wolf cares not, how many the sheep be." Plato
BuzznRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 22:20   #83
Pythonman
Senior Member
 
Pythonman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry V View Post
I have to agree as I have had the same experience. I own 22 Glocks both Gen 3 and 4 and never have brass to the face or any other issues. I believe that alot of it has to do with Grip. Just my 2 cents
Well, I had a new Gen 3 G34 that constantly bounced brass off my forehead or face and set it down and shot a relatives new Gen 4 G34 and it never happened. Same ammo both guns. Cant believe Glock lets crap like the G34 I had out the factory like that.
__________________

NRA Member
Big Dawg #1364
G19 G26 G30 G21 All Gen 3!
Pythonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 15:43   #84
TattooedGlock
NRA LIFE MEMBER
 
TattooedGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,624
I have a brand new G21 Gen picked up a few days ago. Per Glock it was built July 2012. 300 round, lots of brass to face. Called Glock they said the ejector needs replaced WITH THE EXACT SAME EJECTOR!!! I think not. I took it to my local Glock dealer/armorer and he pulled the ejector unit out and replaced it with one that is straigt. No more stupid pointy angle. Fire a few hundred more without a single issue. Foget what Glock says and go get the straight ejector #1882 which is technically for the .40/.357 but it works great. I also see on online marked 4340 for the .45/10 which is similar, though a hair shorter.
__________________
NRA Life Member
If you're a gun owner and not a member, you fail.

GSSF Life Member
1911 Club and Big Dawg Member

Last edited by TattooedGlock; 09-06-2012 at 16:00..
TattooedGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 16:01   #85
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedGlock View Post
I have a brand new G21 Gen picked up a few days ago. Per Glock it was built July 2012. 300 round, lots of brass to face. Called Glock they said the ejector needs replaced WITH THE EXACT SAME EJECTOR!!! I think not. I took it to my local Glock dealer/armorer and he pulled the ejector unit out and replaced it with one that is straigt. No more stupid pointy angle. Fire a few hundred more without a single issue. Foget what Glock says and go get the straight ejector #1882.

What?!? Really?

The 1882 ejector is for the .40/357 caliber. Interesting, I will give it a try if I can find one.
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 17:24   #86
TattooedGlock
NRA LIFE MEMBER
 
TattooedGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,624
There is also listed a the 4340 which my dealer didn't have, but he ordered. It is maybe a few miliimeters shorter. Check out gunparts corps.com and you can find parts. I had no issues at all though with the 1882 and when I looked in my G19 to see how the ejector sat over the top round in the mag, it sits the same as the 1882 so I don't forsee and problems. Only time will tell.
__________________
NRA Life Member
If you're a gun owner and not a member, you fail.

GSSF Life Member
1911 Club and Big Dawg Member
TattooedGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 17:48   #87
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedGlock View Post
There is also listed a the 4340 which my dealer didn't have, but he ordered. It is maybe a few miliimeters shorter. Check out gunparts corps.com and you can find parts. I had no issues at all though with the 1882 and when I looked in my G19 to see how the ejector sat over the top round in the mag, it sits the same as the 1882 so I don't forsee and problems. Only time will tell.

Your right. There is a 4340 ejector for the .45acp/10mm. It is short, almost like a nub. Anybody have one of these in their G21?
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 18:37   #88
oldman11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Well, that was fast, we only made it to the 2nd reply.

Let's say you're right.... why do no other guns have such a problem with "weak ammo" or grip? Is Glock just junk?
Some of them do have that problem, they just don't gripe about it.
oldman11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 16:30   #89
TattooedGlock
NRA LIFE MEMBER
 
TattooedGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,624
Put another 100 through her today with my new 1882 ejector. Zero issues. And may I add that both my wife and I were shooting one inch groups at 7 yards with this baby!
__________________
NRA Life Member
If you're a gun owner and not a member, you fail.

GSSF Life Member
1911 Club and Big Dawg Member
TattooedGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:30   #90
obituary
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5
Just got my 21 g4 yesterday, out of 200 rounds 3 to the face and 2 0r 3 to the right shoulder. Other than that I love this Glock and it was a pleasure to operate. They were Rem umc 230 Gr MC. Cleaned and lubed prior to firing ,no attachments installed .Never had this problem with other Glocks or other brand pistols.I do plan on running different ammo and seeing how it goes. Hoping not to send it off. Also was operating it outside wide open area . Hopefully we get a durable/tested remedy
obituary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:38   #91
ricklee4570
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,794
So I am wondering if the 1882 ejector is the cure for all these brass to the face problems?

I guess a way to know for sure would be for Diamondd2 to put his Glock back as it came from the factory and install an 1882 or 4340 ejector and see what the results are.
__________________
USMC--Proud Warriors Always Ready to Fight
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:32   #92
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklee4570 View Post
So I am wondering if the 1882 ejector is the cure for all these brass to the face problems?

I guess a way to know for sure would be for Diamondd2 to put his Glock back as it came from the factory and install an 1882 or 4340 ejector and see what the results are.

I have the 1882 ejector on the way too me. I should have it in a couple days and be able to test it early next week (hopefully Monday). At this point the only change I made to the pistol is changing the extractor to a polished one. I will test with the original extractor though.

Last edited by diamondd2; 10-03-2012 at 07:34..
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34   #93
ricklee4570
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
I have the 1882 ejector on the way too me. I should have it in a couple days and be able to test it early next week (hopefully Monday). At this point the only change I made to the pistol is changing the extractor to a polished one. I will test with the original extractor though.

Awesome! I really appreciate you sharing all this information with us!
__________________
USMC--Proud Warriors Always Ready to Fight
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:05   #94
ricklee4570
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,794
I finally got out Saturday and shot the new G21 Gen 4. The first 50 rounds (WWB) was great. No problems. Ejection was all to the right, not strong, only about 2 feet, but consistent. In the next box of 50 WWB I had two staight back in the face. Two ejected to the left. I shot 20 Winchester PDX1 after that with no problem, and some Remington Golden Sabers with no problem. Finished up with some Federal Champion with no problems. Shot about 300 rounds, with only two to the face and and maybe 3 or 4 to the left. All in all not bad. Fun to shoot.

I just hope it doesnt get worse over time. As it is now, I can live with it. The two to the face were soft, kind of dribbled out and bounced off my forehead.
__________________
USMC--Proud Warriors Always Ready to Fight
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 14:35   #95
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 728
Ok, new range report. I went to the range today with my G21, a new 1882 ejector, original 8196-2 ejector, a new #4 dipped extractor, my original # 3 extractor, and my polished #2 extractor.

Ammo=225rds
200rds PPU 230gr FMJ (cheapo stuff)
25rds Remington Golden Saber 185gr +P HP

Outdoor range, no partitions.

I tried all 3 extractors, with both ejectors, and there was no noticeable improvement in ejection pattern. Some ejection was strong, some weak, some sloppy, 3 or 4 straight back at me, some landed on the right arm, etc. In other words the ejection was erratic. But none actually hit me in the face or head and none went left.

Then I loaded up 2 mags of the Golden Saber 185gr +P. Holy crap! I realize now that this is what the Gen4's were designed for. ALL 25rds ejected with force at 3 o'clock and landed 15ft away, in a nice pile. At this point I am convinced the erratic ejection is all related to the new dual RSA setup. I now have complete confidence in this gun, and if the time comes, I believe it will perform flawless.

My G21 Gen4 now has 800rds through it with no stoppages or malfunctions.

Last edited by diamondd2; 10-19-2012 at 15:12..
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:31   #96
ricklee4570
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,794
Sounds like the RSA for sure. So if you are having some BTF issues, try some +P ammo and see what happens. Interesting.
__________________
USMC--Proud Warriors Always Ready to Fight
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:38   #97
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDerb View Post
I feel cheated! My G21 Gen. 2.5 throws everything to the right. Then I have to bend over and pick them up. If they came at my head, maybe I could catch some of them and save myself the bending.
you could catch them with your teeth for style points.
__________________
God made man, Sam Colt made us equal, John Moses Browning made us civilized... freemasons club Number 57
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 16:39   #98
Shinytop
Senior Member
 
Shinytop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 620
Had a G22, did not like the type of recoil. Fired 700 rounds through it without a single issue of brass to the face. Traded it for a G21, NIB 3rd gen. First time out fired 150 rounds with numerous rounds to the face with CCI Blazer, 230 grains. Bought some White box 230 at Wally World and some Speer Lawmen, both FMJ, 230 grains. Fired them today and got some brass to the face but less. Fired a couple magazines one handed and got no brass to the face.

Have made no mods to the pistol but before firing today I did put a couple drops of oil on the slide. Planning on keeping the gun but am disappointed that normal firing results in issues like this.

And I am firing at indoor range but it is easy to tell when brass is coming straight back or deflecting off the partition.
Shinytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 17:00   #99
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinytop View Post
Had a G22, did not like the type of recoil. Fired 700 rounds through it without a single issue of brass to the face. Traded it for a G21, NIB 3rd gen. First time out fired 150 rounds with numerous rounds to the face with CCI Blazer, 230 grains. Bought some White box 230 at Wally World and some Speer Lawmen, both FMJ, 230 grains. Fired them today and got some brass to the face but less. Fired a couple magazines one handed and got no brass to the face.

Have made no mods to the pistol but before firing today I did put a couple drops of oil on the slide. Planning on keeping the gun but am disappointed that normal firing results in issues like this.

And I am firing at indoor range but it is easy to tell when brass is coming straight back or deflecting off the partition.
Even the Gen3 G21. Im glad someone could admit it.

But that throws a monkey wrench into the Gen4 dual RSA setup theory.

Last edited by diamondd2; 10-20-2012 at 17:09..
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 18:11   #100
Beanie-Bean
Senior Member
 
Beanie-Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,051
I was the one who may have mentioned the #6 extractor. It actually reads "6." on it. Here it is from my SHDxxx:

General Glocking

Straight, not dipped, either:

General Glocking

Ejector and trigger bar:

General Glocking

General Glocking

0-7-2 RSA and "." connector on it, too. Everything is stock, just the way I picked it from the dealer.
__________________
NRA Life Member
Ammo by Dillon and Hornady

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:58.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,255
323 Members
932 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42