GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 05:40   #81
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
The Bible tells you how to go to Heaven, not how the heavens go. --Pope John Paul II
pjpII was wrong. This pope should have took his eyes off the church from rome's catechism and started reading the Holy Bible.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:41   #82
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
So far so good. (Heck, I mean honestly, you're so ignorant of the Holy Bible that you're relying the "Luke controversies." Over two centuries of people beating on Luke's retelling of events in the Holy Bible only made Luke spot on accurate over the years.)

I admit, secular archeology had to catch up with Luke, but hey, some people refuse to believe in the Creator, He is Jehovah, and insist on doing things the hard way. Luke knew the Truth and the facts before secular archaeology in a lot of cases. The naysayers are still playing catch up to brother Luke's knowledge base. Oh well...
Perhaps this would be a good place to share some examples of this knowledge. I'm sure we're all eager to be enlightened.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:42   #83
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
that's where i stopped reading. i vote this is now a gif thered.
Religious Issues
Well, gif's are more suitable to your displayed intellect and mental acumen.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:43   #84
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
The Holy Bible is NOT a science book, but it is scientifically accurate to an exacting degree.
It is possible you hold this view, given your earlier statement that you completely reject science in favor of the Bible, but it isn't true in any objective sense of the words "scientifically" or "accurate".
Quote:
(Like the thread so far? Stick around, when all this muck gets out of the way, I'm gonna start in the things the Holy Bible knows and knew that a lot of the evos or secular science never knew until very recently.)
Such as the value of pi being 3? That the Earth is fixed and immobile? The ability of Koalas to spread like seed and stow away on ships?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:45   #85
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber99 View Post
I haven't posted or even logged in for months, I've always been more of an observer. Normally I'm perfectly content to just sit back and read the fascinating exchanges between highly informed individuals(AM,AG, Gecko ect...) and delusional nutjobs ( looking at you Peace warrior). I have yet to see you post in any thread where you didn't make your self look like a fool.

But this thread takes the cake.You are undeniably pathetic, YOU STARTED this thread and then don't even have the balls to respond when every other participant in this thread has presented well founded arguments against your claims.

No one's expecting you to prove them wrong, we all KNOW you can't. I doubt you could even find any religious members to support you in this thread, you're your own special brand of delusional and I'm not referring to just religious issues. But guess what you are accountable, you are going to be held to your claims. Provide a real argument or admit that you are wrong. Stop side stepping questions, stop threatening to take your ball and go home cause you don't like how others play. It's time to grow up peace warrior.

Respond to the challenges you ASKED to be posed to you, or admit you can't and concede. Either one would garner you more respect than this pathetic little game you seem so fond of playing.
Still playing up to and following others. You do it on the internet, I bet you do it in life as well. Must suck to be you. I mean, you're such a lemming...
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:53   #86
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Stars do not form from the "dust" or gases of nebulea as they are scientifically shown to be expanding at phenomenal rates. They are NOT contracting ( or their word: condensing) in on themselves and producing new stars.
We've been over this particular lunacy before. Do I really need to point out, again, that the fact a nebula as a whole is expanding does not preclude parts of the gas cloud collapsing into proto-stars? Do I need to post more pictures of it actually happening?
Quote:
This "a star is being born," or "star nursery" myths are made up by the evos in order to account for newer (last half of 1900's) scientific discoveries that blow star evolution out of the water.
Please do share some of these discoveries, with the appropriate references to the scientific literature if you don't mind.
Quote:
Two faith statements:

1) After the big bang, in which NOTHING exploded , stars began to form themselves, began evolving, and as well they continue to form themselves at the present time.
That is potentially a faith statement. What it is not is an accurate summation of the Lambda-CDM model commonly called the Big Bang Theory.
Quote:
2) The Creator created the stars as well as every other thing in the entire universe.
The Big Bang has observed cosmic expansion and the cosmic microwave background as evidence for it. What have you got for "The Creator"?
Quote:
Once again, both Christians and evos have faith in certain things. Matter of fact, a lot of the time, the only real difference between Christians and evos once both are forced to be without true scientific foundations is the fact that almost all Christians will admit they have faith for certain things whereas almost all evo's will not admit to having faith.
The important question is why do some Christians refuse to admit the evidence for things like evolution and the Big Bang theory, if the strength of their faith based argument is so great?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:53   #87
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post
Getting back on topic...
Daniel 4:11 speaks of a vision of a tree that grew so tall that it could be seen to the ends of the earth.
This might make sense if you think the world is flat, but it does not make sense if you view the world as a sphere.
Ever see the moon? It's round.

Ever read the Holy Bible? It speaks of the circle of the Earth.

Ever watch a ship come in from the horizon? You see the highest parts first, and the rest of the ship to the waterline.

All these things indicate spheres. Anyway, Christians that studied their Holy Bibles always knew the Earth was round (i.e., sphere).

Anyway, IMHO, you are basing your opinion on an admitted vision from brother Daniel. Heck, you personally fly in some of your dreams and yet you have a problem with someone else having a vision (e.g., dream) of a tree being so tall that it can be seen from the ends of the Earth?

Is there really a problem with that passage, or are you trying to make stuff up there "dreamer?"
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:55   #88
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyhole View Post
Bravo!

Give it up Warrior. The days of voodoo, mysticism, zombies, and talking snakes are waning... Knowledge will prevail. ...
Actually, darkness is going to prevail, but you'd know that if you read/studied the Holy Bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyhole View Post
... Embrace science, nature, and the laws of the universe.
I do embrace science and the Word of the Most High G-d.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:57   #89
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Being wrong? M'kay... to each his own. You have yet to refute a single one of the errors, contradictions, and outright lies in the bible. You just ran away hoping it'd all be forgotten when you came back.
Please see post #75.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:58   #90
tglahn17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Anymore supposed problems?
No. You've cleared up the only one.
tglahn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:59   #91
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Believers need to face facts, the Bible is loaded with errors, contradictions and plain misinformation. This is a fact. The Bible is not perfect, and it is far from inerrant.

Those who would disagree either are in denial or have never really read the bible and just believe what others tell them to believe.
Well, in actual fact, the only thing you have proven is the extreme height of your total, complete, and whole ignorance with regards to the Holy Bible.

So far both of your supposed contradictions are wrong. Anything else?
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:00   #92
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
I've stopped by this forum for years. I've probably performed a number of hit-and-runs because I don't hang out on GT every day, but I've still noticed that there is an abundance of extremely intelligent theists who regularly post here and they often engage in meaningful discussion of worthwhile topics. This thread is not an example of that.
There's a great big internet out there... you don't have to stay here.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:01   #93
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber99 View Post
Peace warrior.... your silence is damning.
Please see post # 75.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:02   #94
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Well, in actual fact, the only thing you have proven is the extreme height of your total, complete, and whole ignorance with regards to the Holy Bible.

So far both of your supposed contradictions are wrong. Anything else?
I pointed out more than 2 and no they aren't. Care to provide any information that refutes them?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:05   #95
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer View Post
Myth always contains some truth.
Not always, but you make a great point; however, the best cons (e.g., lies) always have some "ring of truth" running through them though.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:16   #96
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Ever see the moon? It's round.

Ever read the Holy Bible? It speaks of the circle of the Earth.
Circle does not equal sphere.
Quote:
Ever watch a ship come in from the horizon? You see the highest parts first, and the rest of the ship to the waterline.

All these things indicate spheres.
Yes they do, but the Bible doesn't.
Quote:
Anyway, Christians that studied their Holy Bibles always knew the Earth was round (i.e., sphere).
Even the ones that read Isaiah 40:22? (It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in)
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:22   #97
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
...Sounds like the text relates a taxation done during both the time [Cyrenius] was governor and when Jesus was born.
DUH!

That is what Luke said. And the ONLY thing Luke said on the matter as well. What comes after the pertinent verses, which I posted, have nothing to do with Cyrenius being alive (or dead) for the second census.

The first census (for taxes) was previously done during the governorship of Cyrenius over Syria and then ANOTHER DIFFERENT census (for taxes) was done right before Jesus was born. Luke does NOT make the assertion that Cyrenius was the governor when Jesus was born, in fact, Luke does just the opposite by relating the two SEPERATE censuses for the purposes of taxation.

We are through with this supposed contradiction. Anything else?
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-20-2012 at 06:25..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:31   #98
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tglahn17 View Post
No. You've cleared up the only one.
Actually I screwed it up (see post #58).

I went extra biblical first... bad decision on my part. All along Luke had written the truth about the entire thing, but it is the evos that are adding to or taking away from Holy scripture that have caused the problems.

Ole brother Luke has been beat on for over two centuries now... His stuff is solid!
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:32   #99
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
DUH!

That is what I Luke said.

The first census (for taxes) was done during the governorship of Cyrenius over Syria and ANOTHER census (for taxes) was done right before Jesus was born.
The only problem wit this is that Quirinius was governor starting in 6 CE, and that's when the census mentioned in connection with him was done. Are you saying Jesus was born after 6 CE?
Quote:
Luke does make the assertion that Cyrenius was the governor when Jesus was born, he does just the opposite by relating the two censuses for the purposes of taxing the Jewish people.
Then why does Luke 2:2 read "And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria." (I'm assuming here that you meant to write "Luke does not make the assertion... which I realize is always a dangerous thing with you)

Is that about right?
Quote:
We are through with this supposed contradiction. Anything else?
Evidence that two different censuses were done would be an excellent first step. Evidence for an earlier period of Quirinius being governor of Syria would also be good, especially since we know the governors from the time Augustus began his reign until 4BCE. Do you happen to have any?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."

Last edited by Animal Mother; 10-20-2012 at 06:41..
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:40   #100
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Ramsay being the guy who developed the "two terms as governor" hypothesis you so recently abandoned. Considering how faulty a historian Ramsay proved to be in this case, should we give much weight to his opinion of Luke? ...
Either your ignorance of Ramsay, or your purposed omission of the facts concerning Ramsay's life, and or maybe some of both cause you to post such rubbish.

In actual fact, Ramsay assailed upon the writing of Luke and worked tirelessly to disprove Luke assertions. Only after more than a decade of hard work from Ramsay trying but always failing to disprove Luke accounts and retelling of events that Ramsay ended up an admirer of Luke's dogged persistence for attention to detail, fact finding, and writing only correct historical facts.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:03.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 496
124 Members
372 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31