Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:12   #141
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
This suggests that Glock simply cannot fix the problem - which I doubt. Had the problem gun been sent back to Glock again, it's likely Glock would have fixed the problem.

That's interesting. I'm not a Glock fanboy, but nonetheless am impressed with the performance of the gen 3 Glocks. Until the gen 4 problems, Glock has been generally considered one of the most durable and reliable handguns manufactured.

I wonder is some of the 'Glocks suck', which are likely very few by comparison, come from blaming the gun for a shooter problem. Or perhaps they prefer another brand and....
Sometimes I think that I've been reading GT for too long! Not all Glocks are identical: Molds are different; and, to my knowledge, many - if not all - of the internal parts are supplied on contract to Glock, GmbH/Inc. by numerous and often varying outside manufacturers. Comments to the effect that Glock pistols exhibit a wide range of different mechanical tolerances have been frequently posted on this board by many different gunsmiths and aftermarket parts suppliers.

I, also, get tired of reading over and over again that Glock problems should, most correctly, be blamed on shooters who: (1) limp wrist, or (2) use the wrong ammunition. I used and fired pistols for a good 50 years BEFORE I began hearing about everybody's problems with plastic pistols and limp wristing.

(Yes! When compared to the John M. Browning designed pistols I grew up with, Glock's SIGNIFICANTLY MODIFIED, 'Browning lockup' is, indeed, extraordinarily loose AND extraordinarily susceptible to ....... limp wristing!)

Heck, I still remember the days when we all used to just walk into an Army-Navy store, buy whatever surplus pistol ammo was on the shelves, (at well under $5 per 50 count box) take it to the range, shoot it off, and go home. Terms like, 'limp wristing' and, 'the wrong ammo' weren't in anybody's firearms lexicon! We only knew one word, 'Bang!' and the most common expression was, 'Watch your front sight!'

(I guess those days are gone forever, though, huh!)

Neither do I believe that, 'Glock can't fix its problems'. Bricks are bricks; and mortar is mortar! In my viewpoint the real problem with Glock pistols that don't, or won't, work right is, for lack of better words, 'Teutonic frugality'. Glock pistols are very inexpensive to manufacture and cheap to sell. In my opinion, the gun buying American public would do well to view Glock pistols in this way.

(Even at an astonishing $650 + dollars a unit it's, probably, only too true: Sometimes, you really do get what you pay for. It's just that in my short lifetime I can still easily recall purchasing flawless Colt Mark IV's and, 'Gold Cups' for between $330.00 and $425.00! We never had no limp wristing nor ammunition problems with any of them.)
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:21   #142
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt127 View Post
If what you say is true, its a pretty damaging argument against Glock. If, during a gunfight, I have to remember to "stand up straight, keep my butt tucked in, not wear gloves and keep a two handed, locked wrist grip on my Glock", its not really a gun I want to defend myself with.

The OP's technique looked fine to me, the gun should run without a problem, I've seen MUCH worse.
Indeed.

Criticism of the shooter's choice of gloves serves no purpose except to massage the critic's ego.

And minor faults in his stance/grip have nothing / nada / zero to do with the BTF issue. Again, pointless critique.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 17:34   #143
Raleigh Glocker

Glock watched the videos and didn't seem to think it was a form or ammo problem. They replaced every single part in the whole gun except the frame, the slide, the barrel, sights, and cover plate. I sent this to them on their dime, and I got it back in exactly one week. I'd say they took this pretty seriously and have so far impressed me with their efforts. Of course, that means nothing if the new parts don't correct the problem.

Interestingly enough, the new ejector and RSA are the same numbers, and the new extractor is still a "dip" extractor. I asked the warranty tech about reports that some were getting non-"dip" extractors as part of their warranty work, and he said that he hadn't heard about that but would look into it.

I won't be able to get to the range until Wednesday of next week, at the earliest. I will make a brief follow-up video, including another slow motion shot of the ejection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Raleigh Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 20:58   #144
4949shooter

Thanks for the update.

Good luck..
Old 12-31-2012, 16:16   #145
Bayou

edited to start a new thread

Last edited by Bayou; 12-31-2012 at 22:38..
Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brass to face, g17, gen 4, wwb