SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:07   #176
cangler
Republican!!

^ LOL

We have enough gun laws as it is, can't imagine more!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:33   #177
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
fun stuff, an old high school friend and Facebook friend mentioned something about how debates mean nothing and don't sway voters. I was not being offensive but mentioned that I thought Obama's mention of wanting another AWB would be impacting negatively on the fence sitters or independents, citing how Gore lost the Presidency when gun control was brought into the fray. Hoooo doggie, did I get jumped "did Fox news tell you that?" "you are being an a$%^%l"

I remained calm and cited my sources, as I was continually attacked and verbally assaulted by the lefties. I took personal pleasure in watching them come unraveled after all I said was that it was my opinion that there probably already was an impact and that Obama even mentioning an AWB was going to be jumped on quickly. So much for the party of equality and tolerance.
I finally had to block my own brother because I just couldn't stand the crap he was posting. I will unblock him after the election is over. It will be much better for both of us that I blocked him for now.
He actually had expressed outrage at the way Romney defined the middle class. All of my brother's left leaning friends agreed with him. When I mentioned that Obama defines the middle class the same way, not one more word was mentioned.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:55   #178
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I see that you are from Illinois and likely a union type that would gladly trade in his guns to get Obama four more years of power.
And I see an arrogant ass that doesn't like people believing differently than you, so you just make up stuff in your head to fit your world-view.

Yes, I'm an Illinois resident. One who has fought for years to get CCW passed - an effort being spearheaded by a down-state Democrat - and one who has worked as part of group to get the CCW issue successfully on the county ballot (along with about a half-dozen other counties just in this election alone).

I've never been a member of a union, and can't foresee that as a possibility in the future. You make general assumptions about people you know absolutely nothing about and it makes you look imbecilic. But feel free to continue to tell another American - who has all the same rights and privileges that you do - that my opinions are somehow less valid than yours. The way you regard those who disagree with you is a true measure of immaturity.

So, to recap, I have yet to see anyone explain how any new gun legislation will come into being without going through Congress, where it would have to have Republican support AND support of Democrats that want a repeat of the 1994 congressional election massacre. No one has explained how the Supreme Court is going to magically overturn themselves in less than a decade when they are to this day hesitant to overturn rulings from a hundred fifty years ago. And no one has yet responded to the fact that - in one of the most heated election cycles in a while, in a closely watched debate when every sentence is dissected to the nth degree - the President state he wanted a bill INTRODUCED, but that somehow this magically means that the paperwork is all done and ready for signatures come Nov 7th.

Instead, I get implied insults about where I live and explicit insult that I'm willing to give up hard-fought-for rights.

Glad this is a place for mature discussions.
Old 10-17-2012, 20:32   #179
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
... - the President state he wanted a bill INTRODUCED, but that somehow this magically means that the paperwork is all done and ready for signatures come Nov 7th.
So, you think Obama wants a new Assault Weapons Ban introduced just so he can veto it?

Did you ever vote for Obama?
Old 10-17-2012, 21:31   #180
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
So, you think Obama wants a new Assault Weapons Ban introduced just so he can veto it?

Did you ever vote for Obama?
No, I think he wants it introduced so that either the Senate or the House can (and will) shoot it down, but he can go back and say "Look, see, I tried!"
Old 10-17-2012, 22:32   #181
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
That was unwise, I think. It isn't going to get his constituency energized, but it will tend to grab gun folks by the lapels.

This will hurt him, I think.
Mainstream media isn't running with it, go figure.

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 22:57   #182
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Sotomayor and Kagan lied to Congress in their confirmation hearings when asked about their opinion on the 2nd Amendment RTKBA.

Once appointed, they went on to join the dissenting liberal activist judges in stating that there is no individual right to keep and bear arms.

I see that you are from Illinois and likely a union type that would gladly trade in his guns to get Obama four more years of power.
Dont start the "from Illinois" Bull crap again.

99 out of 102 counties in IL vote conservative, we just cant beat the cook county liberal lie machine with all its vote fraud and overall gerrymandering.

Painting us all as "union types that would trade guns for four more years of Obama" makes you look like a stupid ass.
Old 10-17-2012, 22:59   #183
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisbruno View Post
Mainstream media isn't running with it, go figure.
And if they WERE, you'd be here saying "The MSM is pushing this new AWB and trying to get everyone behind it!"

Are they evil for not talking about it, and it would be better if they did? Or would they be more evil for talking about it in a way you don't like?

BTW, isn't FOX News THE highest-rated cable news network? Doesn't that make them, by the very definition, Mainstream Media?
Old 10-17-2012, 23:00   #184
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
Dont start the "from Illinois" Bull crap again.

99 out of 102 counties in IL vote conservative, we just cant beat the cook county liberal lie machine with all its vote fraud and overall gerrymandering.

Painting us all as "union types that would trade guns for four more years of Obama" makes you look like a stupid ass.
I appreciate the back-up. Don't know if you agree with me on ANYTHING else, but for this part, glad to see I'm not alone.
Old 10-17-2012, 23:07   #185
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
I appreciate the back-up. Don't know if you agree with me on ANYTHING else, but for this part, glad to see I'm not alone.
The beauty of this country is that we dont have to agree on everything, to agree on something!

All of us here in the Peoples Republic of Illinois get tired of being painted with the half-fag, liberal wanna-be, anti-gun, pro-union tag because we live in IL. Usually after that they say "then grow a pair and leave." Yeah, because its that easy to walk away from a mortgage, parents who are in poor health and have nearly no time left, etc.

Its easy to tell who the real stupid ones are, when they pull that crap.
Old 10-17-2012, 23:16   #186
domin8ss

Quote:
Yes, I'm an Illinois resident. One who has fought for years to get CCW passed - an effort being spearheaded by a down-state Democrat - and one who has worked as part of group to get the CCW issue successfully on the county ballot (along with about a half-dozen other counties just in this election alone).
Please keep up the good work. My wife is active duty, and we are stationed at Great Lakes. We love it here. She has already said she wants to retire here. The only thing keeping me from agreeing with her are the tight gun laws. I'm a Utah resident with a Utah resident CFP & Virginia nonresident CWP, yet I can't even purchase ammo here. I even got in an argument with a guy at Dick's Sporting Goods about how I don't need a FOID Card according to a state supreme court ruling in April 2011. I would love to carry while out here. Hopefully you'll be successful in getting nonresidents to either get a nonresident card, or for Illinois to have reciprocity with other states.

Btw, if you need statistics in favor of concealed carry, I recommend contacting the Utah Bureau of Criminal Investigations. They can tell you all sorts of good things.

Last edited by domin8ss; 10-17-2012 at 23:18..
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 00:00   #187
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
No, I think he wants it introduced so that either the Senate or the House can (and will) shoot it down, but he can go back and say "Look, see, I tried!"

Obama will attempt ta control the 2nd through EO or SCOTUS,he will bypass the houses as it suits him.It's not like he's not done it before.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 00:29   #188
countrygun

Quote:
And all of that was as a representative of a small group of citizens that elected him, first in his IL district, then from IL in the US Senate.

Where are the states since Jan 2009, when he was selected to represent the whole country?

In 2009, Obama enacted legislation permitting firearms in national parks.

In 2010, legislation permitting firearms to be carried on Amtrak was enacted, reversing a post 9/11 decision to ban them.
that is a misrepresentation of events.

Obama wanted a certain bill on credit passed and the carry in national parks was added as a rider to the bill. With no "line-item veto" Obama had to sign the bill if he wanted "his" bill passed.

It sure wasn't his idea but he wanted the rest of the bill
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:44   #189
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
that is a misrepresentation of events.

Obama wanted a certain bill on credit passed and the carry in national parks was added as a rider to the bill. With no "line-item veto" Obama had to sign the bill if he wanted "his" bill passed.

It sure wasn't his idea but he wanted the rest of the bill
Actually, the National Parks issue was around before that bill. It was a GW Bush initiative - by Executive Order, I believe - just before he left office, and it was being challenged in court (by Brady's group, if I recall). It was an EO that overturned a REAGAN-signed law banning loaded concealed weapons in National Parks. The EO took effect Jan 11, 2009, and was promptly challenged in court.

The incoming-Obama administration took up the challenge and fought FOR the EO to remain effective. In March of 2009, a federal court issued an injunction against the government, stopping the EO.

The law was added to a bill and signed - in part - to put an end to the court battle that the US Government, as directed by President Obama, was still fighting to maintain this right to carry in National Parks.

It's never as simple as you think it is, and to dismiss it out of hand as a foot-note to something else is absurd.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:31   #190
mgs
Always Carrying

Michelle will soon be kicked to the curb and her and Barry will be heading back to Chitown.....just a heads up! Current poll....Mitt 51% and Barry 45%. Obummer has pulled his negative ads because they are not working against Mitt. More Hope and Change Ads coming for feel good Kool Aid Drinkers.
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:40   #191
kiole

His AWB comments along with his illogical argument that job creators need to be taxed more has made me consider seriously voting for Romney over Gary Johnson and as of last week I would have never voted for Romney.
kiole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:18   #192
rick458
USS Texas BB-35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychman View Post
Yes, I agree Romney was a bit misinformed about that. However, the one thing that keeps most people from buying automatic weapons is the cost involved. Obama would clearly ban semiautos also.
Does anyone think you can accurately get Class 3 into a 10 second line

suffice it to say that WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE GOVT
you cant legally own or posses class 3 items
Old 10-18-2012, 10:21   #193
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
That is true....but we have this on the table.

Obama...wants ban.

Romney, not interested in new gun laws.

That means something.
It means all politicians lie and only say what they think voters want to hear at the moment. We will never really know what they care about until after the election.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:12   #194
Henry Kane
Reverend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs View Post
Michelle will soon be kicked to the curb and her and Barry will be heading back to Chitown.....just a heads up! Current poll....Mitt 51% and Barry 45%. Obummer has pulled his negative ads because they are not working against Mitt. More Hope and Change Ads coming for feel good Kool Aid Drinkers.
Has this been officially (or unofficially) reported somewhere, or is this your personal observation?
Henry Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:23   #195
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Kane View Post
Has this been officially (or unofficially) reported somewhere, or is this your personal observation?
That's Gallup's poll today, of likely voters. Registered shows 49/47, as does Rasmussen.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:33   #196
douggmc

Quote:
That's Gallup's poll today, of likely voters. Registered shows 49/47, as does Rasmussen.
Hmm ... Gallup today?
http://www.gallup.com/poll/158048/ro...ly-voters.aspx

Registered voters from that graph look like effectively even:
The Okie Corral

... and that is accounting for rolling average ending Oct. 15 (before second debate).

Nonetheless, i don't pay much attention to the national popular vote type polling. Electoral college matters, not popular vote ... and the only states that matter are Florida and Ohio effectively. I don't know what those states are polling .... but I'm going to guess it was within margin of error pre-debate #2 and maybe tightened a bit post debate #2.

edit: http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx Front page says 48/47 Registered Voters through yesterday.

edit: Ohio is probably the most important. Ohio per Rasmussen .. Likely voters, 49 Obama vs 48 Romney: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ohio_president
and another Ohio poll has 45 Obama vs 42 Romney most recently (but tightening): http://www.politico.com/p/2012-elect...president/ohio

Last edited by douggmc; 10-18-2012 at 12:45.. Reason: edit ... updates through Oct 17
douggmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 13:41   #197
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggmc View Post
Hmm ... Gallup today?
http://www.gallup.com/poll/158048/ro...ly-voters.aspx

Registered voters from that graph look like effectively even:
The Okie Corral

... and that is accounting for rolling average ending Oct. 15 (before second debate).

Nonetheless, i don't pay much attention to the national popular vote type polling.

I don't really care too much about polls either, but someone asked where the numbers were from.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

The Okie Corral
Old 10-18-2012, 13:47   #198
SunsetMan
Proud Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick458 View Post
Does anyone think you can accurately get Class 3 into a 10 second line

suffice it to say that WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE GOVT
you cant legally own or posses class 3 items
I would guess that 99.9% of the U.S. population believes that full auto and suppressors are illegal, this includes most gun owners too. I'll cut Mitt some slack.
Old 10-18-2012, 16:59   #199
Buki192327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
That is true....but we have this on the table.

Obama...wants ban.

Romney, not interested in new gun laws.

That means something.
Rabbi, you are absolutely right that means something. Romney, just picked up more votes, and Obama lost votes.

www.BuckeyeFirearms.org

Sub Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 18:43   #200
RonS

The media can still throw the election. I have a suspicion that the media wants Romney and his supporters to feel confident and then throw in a media blitz at the last moment.

Tags
debate