Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 14:09   #141
Snaps
Hail 2 The King
 
Snaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SWPA sticks
Posts: 3,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Budget type quality optics?

NO!!! Your life depends on it!!! It's for Seriously Use!!! Professionally Trained people use it!!! Combat soldiers use it!!!
nah.. If my life ever depends on something I have a good gun to grab. I've done the combat soldier thing, and yea, it's nothing like what Im' doing when I go shooting now days and 99.483% sure it'll never be like that.

We're good on our hundred dollar stuff.

If that little over half a percent possibility does come true there's a Colt Aimpoint combo in my safe or a Colt Eotech combo. Either way I'm good.
__________________
Brad
Snaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 15:12   #142
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 58,171


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Why an ACOG? The H1/T1 is more than capable of placing fast/accurate rounds on target at distances welll beyond anything a civilian will encounter.
Is the H1/T1 Uncle Sam approved? If not then they're not combat capable.

Quote:
Remind me. What's my age?



Once again, what's my age?
You are, what, 30 at most?

Quote:
You don't have the life experience at this point in your life than individuals half your age. Not only that but like stated earlier, the information you've retained has proven to be irrelevant.
Yep, same thing I said to the old timers when I was younger.

Quote:
Your laughter is a defensive mechanism as you come to terms w/ the fact that you've lost traction.
Nope. My laughter is the amusement I see myself in you and how things truly come around.
Quote:
Doubtful as I do my best to stay abreast w/ relevancy.
Wait till another twenty years.

Quote:
Unfortunately you can't always predict who and what is going to show up and are left having to work w/ what is in front of you. That's what basic classes are for. Most, after realizing there is indead more cons than pros to cheap optics/accessories etc. show up w/ quality gear next time or don't show up at all.
Once again, where do you go for these classes? Gunsite? Thunder Ranch? Front Sight? Any well known and well established training center?

Quote:
Sites like this are great for conveying such experience. Experience that would help that first time student show up more prepared.
No, if you were to have gone to a well established facility then you would know that these facilities even have pre-basic marksmanship courses to make sure that the shooters even know which way the bullets fly.

Quote:
type But then you have individuals who preach airsoft, just as good, and mediocrity who set these people up for failure. People like you.
Show me in any of my post that I have said cheap optics are just as good as quality optics. Come on, I have 40K+ posts, surely you can find one post of me equating an NCStar to an Aimpoint?

Quote:
What classes did you attend at Gunsite and when?
Pistol 250, 350, 499 with the last course was two years ago.

Rifle 170, 270, AK, Battle Rifle. Last course was three years ago.

Quote:
If anything you said was relevant people would listen.
I'll bet that plenty of people have listened to my sage advices on GlockTalk than your Mr. Combat advices.


Quote:
The cuteness has worn off and this is starting to resemble 2A talk w/ a liberal. You and your boy don't know what you're talking about but then again as the phrase goes, you don't know what you don't know.
If that's makes you feel good and wise, then go for it, grasshoppa.

Quote:
I only continue this so others aren't mislead. However, it seems that the good majority fully understand your incompetence. It appears that my job is complete.
I never claimed to be some sort of xpurt unlike you. You see, no matter how good or badass you think you are, or may be in real life you truly are as good and badass as you claim, some people simply don't give a damn. As soon as you can get that through your head, it'll save a lot of headache and blood pressure.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 16:55   #143
CigarandScotch
Fartacus
 
CigarandScotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cackalacky
Posts: 557
For the love of God please lock this thread.

You guys have issues.
__________________
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.~ Thomas Jefferson
CigarandScotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 17:13   #144
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
FNFAL, your posts and claimed shooting background do not match. This means one of 2 things. Either you are lying or trolling.

I just called up a gentalman that has trained quite a bit w/ Gunsite and is certified to instruct for them.

I had a kid bragging about his time w/ Triple Canopy as we were walking onto the range. After about 5 min. I asked him who he recieved his training from. W/O giving him the chance to respond I asked, "Triple Canopy?" His responce was yes. What he didn't know was that my former boss, now instructor, was a trainer for Triple C.

Like that kid something is not adding up here.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 17:18   #145
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: east of East St. Louis
Posts: 34,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
FNFAL, your posts and claimed shooting background do not match. This means one of 2 things. Either you are lying or trolling.......

Trolling for sure,........as for the other part?
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 17:34   #146
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 58,171


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
FNFAL, your posts and claimed shooting background do not match. This means one of 2 things. Either you are lying or trolling.

I just called up a gentalman that has trained quite a bit w/ Gunsite and is certified to instruct for them.

I had a kid bragging about his time w/ Triple Canopy as we were walking onto the range. After about 5 min. I asked him who he recieved his training from. W/O giving him the chance to respond I asked, "Triple Canopy?" His responce was yes. What he didn't know was that my former boss, now instructor, was a trainer for Triple C.

Like that kid something is not adding up here.
And guess what? I don't really care if you think I'm lying or not.

Maybe I lied. Maybe I didn't. You'd never know. And I don't care if you'd know or not knowing or prove I'm a liar or a troll.

And I'm sure that others on GlockTalk don't care either.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 17:35   #147
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 58,171


Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Trolling for sure,........as for the other part?
Trolling? Am I the one that comes into threads that talk about budget optics and budget guns then rag on others about how these things aren't fit for "serious use" and "combat".
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 17:53   #148
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum
 
DaleGribble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Land of the toothless!
Posts: 17,003
I said I wasn't posting in the thread again but...

I've seen pics of Fal from his military days and more current pics, so he's not lying about his prior service.

Other than that, just knock it off already. This is total BS and the constant arguing in multiple threads is ruining this forum and I wouldn't be surprised if the plug got pulled and he puts the black rifle forum out of its misery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 18:16   #149
LL6
Senior Member
 
LL6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Off I-40, NC
Posts: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarandScotch View Post
For the love of God please lock this thread.

You guys have issues.
FIFY

Black Rifle Forum
__________________
Mike
G26
LL6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 18:26   #150
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
And guess what? I don't really care if you think I'm lying or not.

Maybe I lied. Maybe I didn't. You'd never know. And I don't care if you'd know or not knowing or prove I'm a liar or a troll.

And I'm sure that others on GlockTalk don't care either.
Well I hope you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
I said I wasn't posting in the thread again but...

I've seen pics of Fal from his military days and more current pics, so he's not lying about his prior service.

Other than that, just knock it off already. This is total BS and the constant arguing in multiple threads is ruining this forum and I wouldn't be surprised if the plug got pulled and he puts the black rifle forum out of its misery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Nobody is questioning his service. I don't think anyone here would do so. FNFAL has shared his military experience and it was discussed.

I know it can be hard to follow w/ all the back and forth but that is the main cause of the argument here. People go on about things they think they know. Then when someone sets the record straight, boom, the circus begins.

Last edited by mjkeat; 10-17-2012 at 18:28..
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:19   #151
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: east of East St. Louis
Posts: 34,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Trolling? Am I the one that comes into threads that talk about budget optics and budget guns then rag on others about how these things aren't fit for "serious use" and "combat".
Trolling may be a bit harsh.......looking for an argument better?

We've butted heads for a while now......I've always considered
it in good fun. You have GREAT ideas, experiences, & I respect
most of what you say.

However, Mike is about the same, you to are very similar. Both
of you are completely correct, but both of you are seeing the
"other side of the coin"

To the both of you,.......just because someone has a differing opinion,
it does not mean they are arguing!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:34   #152
cyphertext
Senior Member
 
cyphertext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,690
OK, let's get this budget optic thread back on track...

OP, my buddy has a Sightmark and he has not had good luck with it so far. No matter how much he adjusts the quick release, it does not stay tight on the rifle. Tighten it down, shoot a magazine, tighten it down again. It also seems to be canted when mounted on his rifle.

To be fair though, his Sightmark was not new in box. It was a takeoff from a rifle sold to a pawnshop. Pawnshop owner didn't think that it added any value to the rifle, so he offered it to my friend for cheap.
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:46   #153
cyphertext
Senior Member
 
cyphertext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL6 View Post
Just checking in to inform that I will be putting a Bushnell TRS25 on my new piston CMMG so I guess that gets me at least two strikes.
I like the Bushnell TRS25. I put one on my son's M&P 15-22. I think it is "as good as" my Millet Multidot-sp that rides on my rifle. Can I say that?

I think an EOTech is in my future, but today I run a budget optic just to see if I even like red dots. The Millet was the first red dot I have used. Figured for less than $100 give it a try...if I didn't like it, it could go on a .22 for a fun, plinking gun. Kids like them, and don't know the difference.
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:06   #154
LL6
Senior Member
 
LL6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Off I-40, NC
Posts: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
I like the Bushnell TRS25. I put one on my son's M&P 15-22. I think it is "as good as" my Millet Multidot-sp that rides on my rifle. Can I say that?
Don't know if the forum censors will let that fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
I think an EOTech is in my future, but today I run a budget optic just to see if I even like red dots. The Millet was the first red dot I have used. Figured for less than $100 give it a try...if I didn't like it, it could go on a .22 for a fun, plinking gun. Kids like them, and don't know the difference.
This is my first foray into black rifles with optics so I'm kind of like you. If the situation or my desires go past something like the TRS25 then I will cross that bridge when I get there.
__________________
Mike
G26
LL6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 21:32   #155
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Trolling may be a bit harsh.......looking for an argument better?

We've butted heads for a while now......I've always considered
it in good fun. You have GREAT ideas, experiences, & I respect
most of what you say.

However, Mike is about the same, you to are very similar. Both
of you are completely correct, but both of you are seeing the
"other side of the coin"

To the both of you,.......just because someone has a differing opinion,
it does not mean they are arguing!
I welcome differing opinion. Opinion and fact are two different things however.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 21:35   #156
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL6 View Post


This is my first foray into black rifles with optics so I'm kind of like you. If the situation or my desires go past something like the TRS25 then I will cross that bridge when I get there.

If you're not ready when you get to that bridge it'll be to late. Best case scenario you'll be stuck at the range w/ a non functioning optic.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:10   #157
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: east of East St. Louis
Posts: 34,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I welcome differing opinion. Opinion and fact are two different things however.

I completely understand & agree 100% Mike.
Sometime be best learn from our failures & mistaken choices.
Pay once, cry once........I bought my CompM2 when I was active,
it has to have 10k+ rounds fired while mounted, never a hiccup!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:28   #158
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 32,052
The way I see it, if I'm going to bet my life on a piece of equipment, I'll get quality stuff, even if it's expensive. If it's a toy, I'll set a budget and get the best I can within that constraint. For me, a $99 micro dot would be fine on my .22 plinker/pest control pistol, but I'd go with an RMR if I was setting up a pimped out Sig/FN/Glock for defense.
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:54   #159
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 58,171


Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Trolling may be a bit harsh.......looking for an argument better?

We've butted heads for a while now......I've always considered
it in good fun. You have GREAT ideas, experiences, & I respect
most of what you say.

However, Mike is about the same, you to are very similar. Both
of you are completely correct, but both of you are seeing the
"other side of the coin"

To the both of you,.......just because someone has a differing opinion,
it does not mean they are arguing!
I've never come into a thread that talks about combat training or high quality guns/optics combo and tell people that it's worthless or whatever.

I only respond to postings in these types of threads against those combat commando types who think that everything is about "serious use" and "combat".
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:56   #160
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 58,171


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Nobody is questioning his service. I don't think anyone here would do so. FNFAL has shared his military experience and it was discussed.

I know it can be hard to follow w/ all the back and forth but that is the main cause of the argument here. People go on about things they think they know. Then when someone sets the record straight, boom, the circus begins.
What does my combat record or combat training have to do in a thread about budget optics and zombie rifles?

What does YOUR combat record or training have to do with a thread about budget optics and zombie rifles? Unless you think that zombies are real...
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:42.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 959
316 Members
643 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31