Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-16-2012, 23:17   #126
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippz View Post
Fox IS NOT spinning it that way, ...
You are going to call me out, hours after the fact after a change of on air personalities to Hanity?

At the time, Fox, and most places, were scoring it fairly even, with Romney 1 up on energy and Obama 1 up on Libya.

Which is a somewhat fair score. Of course it is going to get spun, on all sides, as time goes on.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:20   #127
douggmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
After saying,

"That is an interesting spin, because unless I'm mistaken, Romney has been the only executive who chose to put pen to paper and sign into law an AWB (instead of exercising his veto power). "

that isn't even a good backpeddle

You were mistaken, which takes a lot away from you "credibility chip pile" on the topic.

You still aren't touching on what Obama said he would do. which is the topic at hand.
You are entirely incorrect. Check the post history. The sub-thread discussion started with me saying "the best predictor if future behavior is past behavior" (post 72) in response to comparison of Romney vs Obama by TK-421. Then follow up posts in 78 and 81 on same subject. You then jump in midstream out if context and decide what the subject is?!

I am on topic and the post exchanges between TK and me were regarding behavior of R vs O and who (and who didn't) signed an AWB. YOU are the one who is not on the topic of hand, which is: past behavior(past actions) vs future actions.

I pay attention to actions, not words. Especially when one of the men speaking (Romney) is unquestionably the least trustworthy and reliable on positions held on policies that I can recall in my lifetime. The man has seemingly held every position on every major policy at least once ... It is comical.
douggmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:22   #128
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer11 View Post
I caught that comment as well,,,, I assume he was talking about Full Auto,,,,but they are legal to own,,just pay a 200 dollar tax fee and pass the background. Obviously R dont know all he should be knowing.
In the context of the situation, I'll take it.

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:24   #129
skippz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You are going to call me out, hours after the fact after a change of on air personalities to Hanity?

At the time, Fox, and most places, were scoring it fairly even, with Romney 1 up on energy and Obama 1 up on Libya.

Which is a somewhat fair score. Of course it is going to get spun, on all sides, as time goes on.
I'm not calling you out, nor am I going into how anyone is scoring the debate, I'm just saying that since the debate has been over fox has never said Bama won the Libya question... They in fact spoke to the contrary, Hannity showing a video proving otherwise... That's all I'm saying...
skippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:33   #130
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggmc View Post
that is an interesting spin, because unless i'm mistaken, romney has been the only executive who chose to put pen to paper and sign into law an awb (instead of exercising his veto power).
+10000
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:35   #131
Slug71

Quote:
What is your point? Romney signed a law implementing an AWB. Is it "OK" if it is "bipartisan"?

Whereas Obama has done nothing of the sort. In fact, no gun legislation at all unless I'm mistaken.
Nice to see some people are awake......
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:38   #132
skippz

Guys, who is the NRA backing?
Old 10-16-2012, 23:45   #133
countrygun

Quote:
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
http://www.infowars.com/obamas-gun-c...g-sales-worry/
* 1994 to 2001 – Obama was on the board of the anti-gun Joyce Foundation. This foundation is the largest funding source for radical anti-gun groups in the country.
* 1996 – Obama supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
* 1999 – Obama proposed a 500 percent increase in the excise taxes on firearms and ammunition. This tax would effectively punish gun owners for buying guns and ammunition.
* 2003 – Obama voted in support of legislation that would have banned privately owned hunting shotguns, target rifles and black powder rifles in Illinois.
* 2004 – Obama voted against legislation intended to protect homeowners from prosecution in cases where they used a firearm to halt a home invasion.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:57   #134
skippz

Quote:
* 1994 to 2001 – Obama was on the board of the anti-gun Joyce Foundation. This foundation is the largest funding source for radical anti-gun groups in the country.
* 1996 – Obama supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
* 1999 – Obama proposed a 500 percent increase in the excise taxes on firearms and ammunition. This tax would effectively punish gun owners for buying guns and ammunition.
* 2003 – Obama voted in support of legislation that would have banned privately owned hunting shotguns, target rifles and black powder rifles in Illinois.
* 2004 – Obama voted against legislation intended to protect homeowners from prosecution in cases where they used a firearm to halt a home invasion.
+1... Finally someone gets some stats... I'm too lazy lol
Old 10-17-2012, 00:12   #135
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Are you honestly saying that the criminal wouldn't have had a gun anyway?

For the record, I think it was an atrocious and misguided idea and operation. I also think it is and has been ridiculously overplayed as a political tool and that accountability has taken place.

But, if we want to be credible, we can't have it both ways. We can't use as a primary defense that "guns are tools" and the real problem is the criminal, yet in this case, rail entirely on something other than the criminal who pulled the trigger (who would have had a gun regardless).
Absolutely not. If that would have occured with a republican in office, he would have been out of the white house by now. At the very least Eric Holder needs to be out of a job and facing criminal charges. They canned a few people, big deal.

As far as having it both ways, no we are not. See, the laws on the books are there to punish people who sell guns ilegally to gang bangers and whatnot. The laws apparently dont apply to the president and his henchmen in the lack-of-justice department.
Old 10-17-2012, 00:15   #136
WarCry

Quote:
And all of that was as a representative of a small group of citizens that elected him, first in his IL district, then from IL in the US Senate.

Where are the states since Jan 2009, when he was selected to represent the whole country?

— In 2009, Obama enacted legislation permitting firearms in national parks.

— In 2010, legislation permitting firearms to be carried on Amtrak was enacted, reversing a post 9/11 decision to ban them.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:00   #137
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer11 View Post
I caught that comment as well,,,, I assume he was talking about Full Auto,,,,but they are legal to own,,just pay a 200 dollar tax fee and pass the background. Obviously R dont know all he should be knowing.
Yes, I agree Romney was a bit misinformed about that. However, the one thing that keeps most people from buying automatic weapons is the cost involved. Obama would clearly ban semiautos also.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:02   #138
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Quote:

Rhetorical question?

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:14   #139
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
And if there would be no grandfather clause, you may lose your investment.
Watch the run on the so called assault weapons in the gun stores.
Its about to get more desperate than 4 years ago now that it may be on the horizon. But will his dream of outlawing weapons include a no possession/no transfer rule?
I hope that for everyone's sake this doesn't happen. .
Old 10-17-2012, 05:18   #140
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

Quote:
And lest we forget Joe Biden's involvement in the '94 ban.

Last edited by Travclem; 10-17-2012 at 05:18..
Travclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:18   #141
frizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Wants to have an assault weapons ban.
That was unwise, I think. It isn't going to get his constituency energized, but it will tend to grab gun folks by the lapels.

This will hurt him, I think.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:22   #142
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
That was unwise, I think. It isn't going to get his constituency energized, but it will tend to grab gun folks by the lapels.

This will hurt him, I think.
Sadly, I don't think it will. I'd venture a guess that very few gun owners are undecided voters.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:25   #143
frizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
And if there would be no grandfather clause, you may lose your investment.
Watch the run on the so called assault weapons in the gun stores.
Its about to get more desperate than 4 years ago now that it may be on the horizon. But will his dream of outlawing weapons include a no possession/no transfer rule?
I do not think that there is the political will to pass this again. Gun people are revved up by the recent, landmark wins in the USSCt, and there is a good chance that the Supreme Court would strike it.

Nowhere near 100% on the court, but Congress is another story. The anti-gun lobby has been having its ass handed to it in the states with the CCW laws. It isn't doing any better at the federal level either.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:27   #144
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travclem View Post
Sadly, I don't think it will. I'd venture a guess that very few gun owners are undecided voters.
That may or may not be true, but what it may do is energize the more apathetic people to actually go out and vote.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:29   #145
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
The NRA endorsed Romney.

Gun control is very low on the American people’s list of issues.

It would be political suicide to push gun control so even Obama, rated the most Liberal Senator (Biden was rated 2nd) did not touch guns.

Remember who demands gun bans whenever there is a mass shooting. It is only and always the Democrats and we remember.

And now Obama let is slip. Obama wants an AWB and Obama will have more flexibility in a second term.

And remember, Obama likes to bypass Congress and use Executive Orders; expect an AWB Executive Order under Obama.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:30   #146
9mmdude

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1444388

Question answered, except you got it wrong.
9mmdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:31   #147
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
I do not think that there is the political will to pass this again. Gun people are revved up by the recent, landmark wins in the USSCt, and there is a good chance that the Supreme Court would strike it.

Nowhere near 100% on the court, but Congress is another story. The anti-gun lobby has been having its ass handed to it in the states with the CCW laws. It isn't doing any better at the federal level either.
You never know with our current court. Johnny boy might crawfish and drill us in the ass on guns just like he did on Obummercare.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:31   #148
frizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychman View Post
That may or may not be true, but what it may do is energize the more apathetic people to actually go out and vote.
Yep.

Folks, understand that, in a partisan election, getting people to change their minds is less important than getting your vote excited enough to go to the polls while demoralizing your opponent's vote.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:34   #149
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychman View Post
Maybe so, who knows
Old 10-17-2012, 05:54   #150
jp3975

Quote:
How sad, that you would all rather circle jerk each other instead of acknowledge that what I said is true. Of the two executives in this debate this evening (also ... ironically ... the two executives being discussed in this thread), Romney is the only one that actually signed into law an AWB.

I think we should rename GT to "Group Think" instead of "Glock Talk"
What you said is a foolish half truth.

Did romney sign off on an awb?

Yes.

Was what he did for the good of gun owners?

Yes

He intervened to make it less restrictive. His veto power would have been overruled and it would have been a hell of a lot worse. Why cant you understand such simple concepts?

Your point about Romney being the one of the two that has signed an awb is retarded. I could see it if you said that without knowing but its been explained to you over and over.

You either hate Romney and are saying whatever you can to put him down because you're a hater or dont have the ability to use logic and reason.

Last edited by jp3975; 10-17-2012 at 05:57..
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debate