Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-16-2012, 22:19   #101
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggmc View Post
What is your point? Romney signed a law implementing an AWB. Is it "OK" if it is "bipartisan"?

Whereas Obama has done nothing of the sort. In fact, no gun legislation at all unless I'm mistaken.
It was damage control and you are being obtuse.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:19   #102
JFrame

Quote:
But you aren't now ... now that we've cleared up the obvious: That when I said "executives", I meant the two executives of which THE ENTIRE SUBJECT OF THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT.
I see -- it was a failure of yours to make the correct point the first time around. Previous experience tells me that is a systemic problem for you.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:21   #103
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Yes, I am watching MSNBC.

I dont want to hear what people I agree with say. That does me no good.
The world would be a better place if everyone thought this way.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:22   #104
douggmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
Are you honestly trying to argue that deliberately and knowingly providing weapons to known cartel members in direct violation of both US and Mexican law is OK and that the people who put together this intentional operation shouldn't be held accountable?
Are you honestly saying that the criminal wouldn't have had a gun anyway?

For the record, I think it was an atrocious and misguided idea and operation. I also think it is and has been ridiculously overplayed as a political tool and that accountability has taken place.

But, if we want to be credible, we can't have it both ways. We can't use as a primary defense that "guns are tools" and the real problem is the criminal, yet in this case, rail entirely on something other than the criminal who pulled the trigger (who would have had a gun regardless).
douggmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:24   #105
douggmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
I see -- it was a failure of yours to make the correct point the first time around. Previous experience tells me that is a systemic problem for you.

You know what is the most telling about this little debate I and several of you are having is? The fact that you all want to argue semantics, instead of the actual topic.
Old 10-16-2012, 22:26   #106
JFrame

Quote:
You know what is the most telling about this little debate I and several of you are having is? The fact that you all want to argue semantics, instead of the actual topic.
Yet you seem strangely mesmerized by this exchange... The Okie Corral

--
Old 10-16-2012, 22:28   #107
countrygun

Quote:
Words mean things.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:28   #108
douggmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Words mean things.
They sure do.
Old 10-16-2012, 22:28   #109
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
That's not the point. The criminal had a gun that our own government illegally provided him with in full knowledge that he was a Cartel member.

You just don't get it, do you?

Last edited by tsmo1066; 10-16-2012 at 22:28..
tsmo1066 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:28   #110
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:

For the record, I think it was an atrocious and misguided idea and operation. I also think it is and has been ridiculously overplayed as a political tool and that accountability has taken place.

But, if we want to be credible, we can't have it both ways. We can't use as a primary defense that "guns are tools" and the real problem is the criminal, yet in this case, rail entirely on something other than the criminal who pulled the trigger (who would have had a gun regardless).

We have a leftist president arming drug cartels in Mexico to advance a gun control agenda on US citizens.

Remember when the Democrat talking points were that 90% of guns used by Mexican drug cartels were purchased from gunshops in the border states? They had to manufacture evidence to support their propaganda.
Old 10-16-2012, 22:30   #111
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Words mean things.
Indeed...They can be stated clearly, or diffused in such a way as to obscure or even shade the point. We see that a lot from the leftist MSM also.

--
Old 10-16-2012, 22:30   #112
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
That's not the point. The criminal had a gun that our own government illegally provided him with in full knowledge that he was a Cartel member.

You just don't get it, do you?
He is being obtuse because he wants Obama to get reelected.
Old 10-16-2012, 22:31   #113
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
You say the real problem is "the criminal" while overlooking that our own government were criminals here as well. F&F was an illegal operation from start to finish as it violated treaties with Mexico.

You are correct, the criminal is responsible - both the one behind the trigger and the one who illegally provided him with a weapon in full knowledge that he was a killer.
Old 10-16-2012, 22:31   #114
Glotin

Quote:
I find it quite humorous that one of our primary mantras in defense of gun rights and against the gun grabbers is:: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" and "it isn't a gun problem, it is a criminal problem".

Yet, in the case of the FnF we effectively we want it the other way around. Isn't it the person who shot Brian Terry the responsible one?
Quote:
That is an interesting spin, because unless I'm mistaken, Romney has been the only executive who chose to put pen to paper and sign into law an AWB (instead of exercising his veto power).
Quote:
What is your point? Romney signed a law implementing an AWB. Is it "OK" if it is "bipartisan"?

Whereas Obama has done nothing of the sort. In fact, no gun legislation at all unless I'm mistaken.
Quote:
You got me. Pedantic man to the rescue !!!
Quote:
But you aren't now ... now that we've cleared up the obvious: That when I said "executives", I meant the two executives of which [about whom] THE ENTIRE SUBJECT OF THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT.
Wow.... The fail is strong with this one.

BTW, wtf does "of which" mean?

The Law
Glotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:32   #115
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Poor guy...
Old 10-16-2012, 22:34   #116
NickC50310

Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
Obama did better than last time but he still lost.

He cannot defend his record and he ran out of steam at the end.

Obama dodged the Fast and Furious topic.

Still its doubtful this debate changed anyones mind.
The moderator even stepped in to save his ass. When do we get a fox news moderator?
NickC50310 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:35   #117
douggmc

How sad, that you would all rather circle jerk each other instead of acknowledge that what I said is true. Of the two executives in this debate this evening (also ... ironically ... the two executives being discussed in this thread), Romney is the only one that actually signed into law an AWB.

I think we should rename GT to "Group Think" instead of "Glock Talk"

Last edited by douggmc; 10-16-2012 at 22:36..
Old 10-16-2012, 22:36   #118
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Stomper View Post
I started my, If Obama is reelected AR-15 fund. Anyone else have one or thinking of starting one???
It'll be a whole lot cheaper to buy one before he gets re-elected. Ammo and mags also. I already did a couple months ago.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:38   #119
TK-421

Quote:

I personally think that the criminal would've had the gun no matter what, it just makes us look really bad when we gave them the guns.

Is it being overplayed? Oh absolutely, but everything gets overplayed when it's this close to election time.

Basically, **** happens, people get over it, it just takes longer when it's because of something we did that makes us look bad, and makes our agencies look incompetent. Personally, I think it was a really stupid idea to begin with.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:39   #120
douggmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I personally think that the criminal would've had the gun no matter what, it just makes us look really bad when we gave them the guns.

Is it being overplayed? Oh absolutely, but everything gets overplayed when it's this close to election time.

Basically, **** happens, people get over it, it just takes longer when it's because of something we did that makes us look bad, and makes our agencies look incompetent. Personally, I think it was a really stupid idea to begin with.
I agree.
Old 10-16-2012, 22:43   #121
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Let me fix that for you.

He wants Obama to get reelected because he is being obtuse.
SpectreRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:55   #122
countrygun

Quote:
How sad, that you would all rather circle jerk each other instead of acknowledge that what I said is true. Of the two executives in this debate this evening (also ... ironically ... the two executives being discussed in this thread), Romney is the only one that actually signed into law an AWB.

After saying,

"That is an interesting spin, because unless I'm mistaken, Romney has been the only executive who chose to put pen to paper and sign into law an AWB (instead of exercising his veto power). "

that isn't even a good backpeddle

You were mistaken, which takes a lot away from you "credibility chip pile" on the topic.

You still aren't touching on what Obama said he would do. which is the topic at hand.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:13   #123
skippz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You didnt watch the same show I did...and everyone else did. The Mod jumped to prove the President was right...and everyone, including Fox are scoring that one for Obama.

Out of the entire night, the Libya round was Obamas biggest win. Romney fouled that one up.
Fox IS NOT spinning it that way, Hannity just aired the video of Obama in the rose garden proving what Romney said to be, in fact, correct... Obama did not identify Libya as a terrorist attack... He said it was unclear at the moment and justice would be done to those responsible... Even days after the rose garden address he still stuck to the "this could possibly be a spontaneous attack as the result of a YouTube video".
And his administration should be forced to release details of the fast & furious scandal... That is ridiculous...
Also Obama FLAT OUT LIED about coal production...
skippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:14   #124
domin8ss

Quote:

Cool! An old fashioned circle jerk. Can I get in on this? My wife hasn't been putting out lately. Something about her Aunt Flo coming to town this week. I hate when relatives come to visit. She never puts out. She says it has something to do with being afraid of her being heard.

:mad:

Last edited by domin8ss; 10-16-2012 at 23:16..
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:17   #125
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Stomper View Post
I started my, If Obama is reelected AR-15 fund. Anyone else have one or thinking of starting one???
And if there would be no grandfather clause, you may lose your investment.
Watch the run on the so called assault weapons in the gun stores.
Its about to get more desperate than 4 years ago now that it may be on the horizon. But will his dream of outlawing weapons include a no possession/no transfer rule?
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debate