GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 21:46   #76
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy
 
LASTRESORT20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 6,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes View Post
I did find enjoy the older gentleman in the Fox focus group that said Obama has been bull______ us.
-Joel

That was Fantastic!....Not all folks are stupid (like obie thinks)....and accept his fib`s ....Obie looked small tonight...
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 21:48   #77
Armchair Commando
Long Range Guru
 
Armchair Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bunker in the Midwest
Posts: 4,077


Romney is not going to ban any weapons, You guys must of forgot who his running mate is. Paul Ryan won't allow any AWB to happen.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
In the works, 338 Lapua built on a Surgeon 1581/R XL Action/Krieger Stick/Jewel Trigger with a Nightforce NXS 8-32X56 Glass
Some Guardian Angels wear white, The others wear Blackhawk!

Last edited by Armchair Commando; 10-16-2012 at 21:51..
Armchair Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 21:49   #78
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by douggmc View Post
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
My thoughts exactly.

However, I'd rather have Romney be in office, and have it be an uncertainty, rather than Obama, and have it be a guarantee.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 21:51   #79
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 31,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
Youtube video. Libya comes in at 1:13-1:14 where Crowley says Romney is correct and the audience claps. Crowley protected Obama on this and quickly moves on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw1K9b7qh24

What the hell was that fat beeyotch doing, trying to act as a fact-checker in real-time at that moment?


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 21:51   #80
Hurricanes
Senior Member
 
Hurricanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 934
Actually in the video she says "he did call it an act of terror", so she was not saying Romney was correct. She said Romney was correct in saying it took 14 days for it to come out that the riot was about the tape. Though Romney was not talking about the tape, but about the fact that it took Obama longer to point out that the attack was an act of terror.
-Joel
__________________
Joel
Glock 19 Gen3
Glock 26 Gen3
Hurricanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 21:51   #81
douggmc
Senior Member
 
douggmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
My thoughts exactly.

However, I'd rather have Romney be in office, and have it be an uncertainty, rather than Obama, and have it be a guarantee.
That is an interesting spin, because unless I'm mistaken, Romney has been the only executive who chose to put pen to paper and sign into law an AWB (instead of exercising his veto power).
douggmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 21:52   #82
hamster
NRA Life Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,046
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStreetKing View Post
Romney is not going to ban any weapons, You guys must of forgot who his running mate is. Paul Ryan won't allow any AWB to happen.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
We can only hope. Can't we just reverse the ticket? I'd rather vote for Ryan
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 21:52   #83
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 31,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
My thoughts exactly.

However, I'd rather have Romney be in office, and have it be an uncertainty, rather than Obama, and have it be a guarantee.
Yeah -- Obama's past behavior is decidedly atrocious...


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 21:53   #84
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 31,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
We can only hope. Can't we just reverse the ticket? I'd rather vote for Ryan

So put him in position to vote for him in 2016 or 2020...


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 21:55   #85
Fox184
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Yes, I am watching MSNBC.

I dont want to hear what people I agree with say. That does me no good.
You must have more patience than me, those people make my blood boil.

Concerning the Panel on Fox. The majority of the people voted for Obama in 08, the majority are now going to vote for Romney. The one thing Obama can't defend no matter how much he lies about it is his record the past 4 years. People are worse off now than they were 4 years ago.
Fox184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 21:56   #86
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by douggmc View Post
That is an interesting spin, because unless I'm mistaken, Romney has been the only executive who chose to put pen to paper and sign into law an AWB (instead of exercising his veto power).

UHm, excuse me. Do you remember the last AWB? How did it become law?

Romney was faced with a State legislature that was prepaired to override his veto, and he made substantial changes in gun owners favor, in the negotiations.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 21:58   #87
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 31,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
UHm, excuse me. Do you remember the last AWB? How did it become law?
You mean the 1994 AWB that was signed into law by Bill Clinton? The Okie Corral


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:02   #88
douggmc
Senior Member
 
douggmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
UHm, excuse me. Do you remember the last AWB? How did it become law?

Romney was faced with a State legislature that was prepaired to override his veto, and he made substantial changes in gun owners favor, in the negotiations.
What is your point? Romney signed a law implementing an AWB. Is it "OK" if it is "bipartisan"?

Whereas Obama has done nothing of the sort. In fact, no gun legislation at all unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited by douggmc; 10-16-2012 at 22:04..
douggmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:05   #89
G36's Rule
Senior Member
 
G36's Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Spring, TX.
Posts: 14,879
Candy Crowley admitted post debate that Romney was in fact correct.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:06   #90
douggmc
Senior Member
 
douggmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
You mean the 1994 AWB that was signed into law by Bill Clinton? The Okie Corral


.
Is Bill running for President? Last I checked we were comparing the behaviors of Obama vs Romney as executive of their governments.
douggmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:07   #91
GAFinch
Senior Member
 
GAFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by douggmc View Post
What is your point? Romney signed a law implementing an AWB. Is it "OK" if it is "bipartisan"?

Whereas Obama has done nothing of the sort. In fact, no gun legislation at all unless I'm mistaken.
If he "stuck to his principles" and vetoed the bill, it would've been overridden by the 85% Democrat state congress. By "compromising his principles" and signing an extension of a pre-existing bill, he got it watered down. I don't understand the problem here.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:08   #92
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 31,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by douggmc View Post
Is Bill running for President? Last I checked we were comparing the behaviors of Obama vs Romney as executive of their governments.
You were, in fact, mistaken when you said that Romney was the only executive to sign an AWB. Read your own post again.

Sheesh...


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:10   #93
THEPOPE
Nibb
 
THEPOPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 6,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post

Obama dodged the Fast and Furious topic.

Still its doubtful this debate changed anyone’s mind.
O'Blah-blah-bahma did indeed dodge the F-N-F comment, but honestly, they both sounded off balance by any mention of the 2nd Amendment, neither wanting to open that can-o-worms very wide...Romknees' awkward segue into F-N-F came off as a strained but pertinent question of who or whom exactly Okie-Dokied such a flawed plan...

Uh, didn't both keep referring to 'A.K -47's' ?

I am as out as you know who...or whom...
__________________
violators will be prostituted to the

fullest extent of the LAW...
THEPOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:11   #94
douggmc
Senior Member
 
douggmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
You were, in fact, mistaken when you said that Romney was the only executive to sign an AWB. Read your own post again.

Sheesh...


.
You got me. Pedantic man to the rescue !!!
douggmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:12   #95
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 31,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by douggmc View Post
You got me. Pedantic man to the rescue !!!
More than happy to fact-check you -- and unlike Candy Crowley, Country and I are accurate the first time around.


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:14   #96
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
More than happy to fact-check you -- and unlike Candy Crowley, Country and I are accurate the first time around.


.
Indeed. Those pesky facts get in some peoples way when they want to try and make a spurious point
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:15   #97
douggmc
Senior Member
 
douggmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPOPE View Post
O'Blah-blah-bahma did indeed dodge the F-N-F comment, but honestly, they both sounded off balance by any mention of the 2nd Amendment, neither wanting to open that can-o-worms very wide...Romknees' awkward segue into F-N-F came off as a strained but pertinent question of who or whom exactly Okie-Dokied such a flawed plan...

Uh, didn't both keep referring to 'A.K -47's' ?

I am as out as you know who...or whom...
I find it quite humorous that one of our primary mantras in defense of gun rights and against the gun grabbers is:: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" and "it isn't a gun problem, it is a criminal problem".

Yet, in the case of the FnF we effectively we want it the other way around. Isn't it the person who shot Brian Terry the responsible one?
douggmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:17   #98
douggmc
Senior Member
 
douggmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
More than happy to fact-check you -- and unlike Candy Crowley, Country and I are accurate the first time around.


.
But you aren't now ... now that we've cleared up the obvious: That when I said "executives", I meant the two executives of which THE ENTIRE SUBJECT OF THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT.
douggmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:18   #99
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley
 
tsmo1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,255


Quote:
Originally Posted by douggmc View Post
I find it quite humorous that one of our primary mantras in defense of gun rights and against the gun grabbers is:: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" and "it isn't a gun problem, it is a criminal problem".

Yet, in the case of the FnF we effectively we want it the other way around. Isn't it the person who shot Brian Terry the responsible one?
Are you honestly trying to argue that deliberately and knowingly providing weapons to known cartel members in direct violation of both US and Mexican law is OK and that the people who put together this intentional operation shouldn't be held accountable?
__________________
Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you. - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by tsmo1066; 10-16-2012 at 22:18..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:19   #100
Boot Stomper
Senior Member
 
Boot Stomper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Metro East of IL
Posts: 2,254
Blog Entries: 1
I started my, If Obama is reelected AR-15 fund. Anyone else have one or thinking of starting one???
Boot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
debate
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:24.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,061
336 Members
725 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42