Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-16-2012, 16:03   #76
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
Congratulations on joining.
Curious what specifically you find disagreeable about the NRA politics?
Thank you.

They endorse Mitt Romney. As a former volunteer of our fine military, I find it distasteful to endorse a draft-dodger for president; no matter the detriment of voting for the other candidate.

Last edited by Trew2Life; 10-16-2012 at 16:04..
Trew2Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 16:45   #77
dango

I wish I could have dodged the draft. That whole Nam thing was
nothing more than lies and PROFIT.........! Know your history.!

And so the LIES and PROFIT continue......!

PS: What happens if we do war with Iran........? Open your eyes...!

Russia and China are very clear on this.....! Sheeeeeez....!!

Last edited by dango; 10-16-2012 at 16:48..
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 17:48   #78
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
I wish I could have dodged the draft. That whole Nam thing was
nothing more than lies and PROFIT.........! Know your history.!

And so the LIES and PROFIT continue......!

PS: What happens if we do war with Iran........? Open your eyes...!

Russia and China are very clear on this.....! Sheeeeeez....!!
No matter what you thought of the ulterior motives of going to war (in Viet Nam and most recently, Iraq) it doesn't disparge the fine service of the men and woman who gave their lives for our flag. Know your patriotism!

It's one thing to be against a war and refusing to fight as a conscientious objector. It's another thing to do as Mitt Romney did, and protest IN FAVOR OF THE VIETNAM WAR DRAFT and then apply for a deferment from the draft so he may serve his missionary service in Europe. That's cowardice. Know your patriotism!

With all of his education, wealth and influence, he could have easily served as an officer, even in the Pentagon perhaps (if he were afraid of charlie in the bush). He choose to serve a different allegiance.

Yes. He's ready to wage war for American interest, but will any of his children or grandchildren serve? He didn't. Open your eye's.

So ... to tie this together with the original OP, Mitt Romney is a poor candidate for the NRA to endorse.
Old 10-16-2012, 18:25   #79
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushinto View Post
For the OP, join or be a scab.
This kind of comment is one of the (many) reasons I don't want to be associated with them. "If you don't believe what I do, then you're worthless". Calling someone a scab because they don't want to join the same group as you? Really? Gotta love that warm, cordial feeling of open arms....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
While we do NOTHING,
And this is one of the other reasons. YOU may be doing nothing. I have my senators' and representatives' phone numbers locally and in Washington, and they know my position and my name. I do the same at the state level, and they know me, too.

It's a sad state to say that my voice doesn't carry the same weight, but I'm not "doing nothing." I don't need to pay someone else to make phone calls for me.

I appreciate the work they do, I really do. But to imply - or flat out say - I'm not as 'good' of a gun owner because I want to speak for myself is, quite frankly, insulting.
Old 10-16-2012, 20:21   #80
moeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
I am a member and will continue to be one... but... this week the NRA sent me a Personal Defense Network DVD in the mail, unsolicited. They want me to pay for it or send it back. Not cool in my book. Don't send me stuff unsolicited.

Please vote! It's that important!
Another sleezy NRA marketing campaign. Beeen doing the same crap for years.

They lost me over this kind of stuff.
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 20:58   #81
plainsman

Yes, you can opt out of getting NRA mailings,

But, you have to understand why it has been up to the few million NRA, GOA, Citizens for the Right to Bear Arms, etc. with a memberships combined centainly less then 10 million, have to fight the battle for 90 million useless gunowners, who many times don't even know who to vote for.
Unfortunately, the only ones that contribute, are the ones who stepped up in the first place to provide their money and their voices in opposing gun controls.

The ones you really need to vent on are the useless do-nuttings who do nothing to support gunowners, either you support gun rights, or you may as well be voting for obama. AsK some of these worthless do nuttings just what do they do to fight gun control.

Last edited by plainsman; 10-16-2012 at 20:58.. Reason: SPELLING
plainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:37   #82
Mushinto
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
This kind of comment is one of the (many) reasons I don't want to be associated with them. "If you don't believe what I do, then you're worthless". Calling someone a scab because they don't want to join the same group as you? Really? Gotta love that warm, cordial feeling of open arms...
A scab is an individual who reaps the benefits that an organization provides or wins, without joining or contributing to that organization.

If the shoe fits ...

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.
Mushinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 13:37   #83
RustyL

Why hell, I'm not concerned what people think about me. I pay state, local, federal taxes, and plenty of it. I was born in this country, I will die in this country, and would serve this country again if need be. I will die for this country if its sovereignty challenged. Marines toughened me up enough to take name calling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
This kind of comment is one of the (many) reasons I don't want to be associated with them. "If you don't believe what I do, then you're worthless". Calling someone a scab because they don't want to join the same group as you? Really? Gotta love that warm, cordial feeling of open arms....

And this is one of the other reasons. YOU may be doing nothing. I have my senators' and representatives' phone numbers locally and in Washington, and they know my position and my name. I do the same at the state level, and they know me, too.

It's a sad state to say that my voice doesn't carry the same weight, but I'm not "doing nothing." I don't need to pay someone else to make phone calls for me.

I appreciate the work they do, I really do. But to imply - or flat out say - I'm not as 'good' of a gun owner because I want to speak for myself is, quite frankly, insulting.
RustyL is online now   Reply With Quote