Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 11:00   #1
Grayhawk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 251
How Obama will eliminate the second amendment

If Obama is re-elected he will eliminate the second amendment rights of citizens. He and Hillary will sign the agreement with the United Nations countries to eliminate all firearms for individuals. The UN agreement should be voted on by the US Senate, however if Harry Reid doesn't take it to the Senate floor for a vote it will become law. The administration has the power to sign international agreements and treaties that would become law if Congress doesn't act. If Congress would vote to not accept the agreement then it would not become law. Here is the loophole that would give them the power.
Grayhawk
Grayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:41   #2
Schlitz
Senior Member
 
Schlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 330
Won't happen.
__________________
The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, ...
Schlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 18:21   #3
IhRedrider
Not a walker
 
IhRedrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 521
The up side to this if it was to happen is: No one could deny the true intent of those in power. Then it would be a simple choice of being a sheep or being a wolf.
IhRedrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:17   #4
Grayhawk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 251
"Won't Happen."
Thank you for your assurance. However, three Congressmen, and two politcal analysts seem to think it's possible.
Grayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18   #5
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LOZ
Posts: 28,398
Good. I want to get some cheaper blue helmets.
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:21   #6
Providence
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 552
I think it could happen, and I am convinced that Obama wants that. A simple search will reveal their plans.


Please vote! It's that important!
__________________
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:42   #7
ArtyGuy
Senior Member
 
ArtyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 994
It won't happen because it would be a treaty and Congress has to vote on treaties. We elect a President, not a king.
__________________
The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
ArtyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:26   #8
wiscmike
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyGuy View Post
It won't happen because it would be a treaty and Congress has to vote on treaties. We elect a President, not a king.
Once he gets elected he will be appointing a minimum of one more supreme court justice. As we all saw they wrote behind locked doors with NO input from the opposing party and then shoved it though, 2500 page obamacare that IS unconstitutional. He got 1 judge to defect and it was upheld as we all know. If he appoints one more judge he can and has a great chance to sign an executive order and then when it gets to the supreme court they will uphold it. What part of this do we not understand. He even said when he was running that the Constitution was flawed and then swore to uphold it? Someone is not telling the truth here. The 1st ten amendments were supposed to be sacred as they found the Declaration of Independence was a bit vague. They have already trashed the 1st and are trying to trash the 2nd.
Talk about Animal Farm, too bad most haven't read it because it is happening.
wiscmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:41   #9
TactiCool
Senior Member
 
TactiCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southeast LA.
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
Won't happen.
I agree as well, but not so much because I don't think that they want to do it, but rather because it would prove to be unenforceable.
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 15:19   #10
agile_1
Member
 
agile_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayhawk View Post
"Won't Happen."
Thank you for your assurance. However, three Congressmen, and two politcal analysts seem to think it's possible.
Oh.

Really.

TV talking heads? RW teabagger congressman?

It seems like your serious.
agile_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:24   #11
BADOS
Senior Member
 
BADOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 303
Well, I guess it's time to speak my piece and it won't be pretty.

There will not be any change in the second amendment if Obama is re elected. That being said, if I remember correctly, the second amendment came about while muskets were fashionable. It's time to reassess the law. Our average citizens don't need assault rifles with 100 round drum magazines and you don't need an AK47 to go hunting. These weapons are dangerous in the hands of other than Military or Police. Also, for those people who think a revolutions is coming, I want what your'e drinking.

Last edited by BADOS; 10-16-2012 at 08:25..
BADOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:30   #12
GlockPride
Glock 23
 
GlockPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Just OK
Posts: 4,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOS View Post
Well, I guess it's time to speak my piece and it won't be pretty.

There will not be any change in the second amendment if Obama is re elected. That being said, if I remember correctly, the second amendment came about while muskets were fashionable. It's time to reassess the law. Our average citizens don't need assault rifles with 100 round drum magazines and you don't need an AK47 to go hunting. These weapons are dangerous in the hands of other than Military or Police. Also, for those people who think a revolutions is coming, I want what your'e drinking.
Troll much? Government plant?
__________________
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:36   #13
SGT HATRED
Senior Member
 
SGT HATRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PHX AZ
Posts: 3,240
Delete

Last edited by SGT HATRED; 10-16-2012 at 08:37..
SGT HATRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:37   #14
SGT HATRED
Senior Member
 
SGT HATRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PHX AZ
Posts: 3,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOS View Post
Well, I guess it's time to speak my piece and it won't be pretty.

There will not be any change in the second amendment if Obama is re elected. That being said, if I remember correctly, the second amendment came about while muskets were fashionable. It's time to reassess the law. Our average citizens don't need assault rifles with 100 round drum magazines and you don't need an AK47 to go hunting. These weapons are dangerous in the hands of other than Military or Police. Also, for those people who think a revolutions is coming, I want what your'e drinking.
Seriously?
Next question; Are you american?

Last edited by SGT HATRED; 10-16-2012 at 08:38..
SGT HATRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:46   #15
wiscmike
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOS View Post
Well, I guess it's time to speak my piece and it won't be pretty.

There will not be any change in the second amendment if Obama is re elected. That being said, if I remember correctly, the second amendment came about while muskets were fashionable. It's time to reassess the law. Our average citizens don't need assault rifles with 100 round drum magazines and you don't need an AK47 to go hunting. These weapons are dangerous in the hands of other than Military or Police. Also, for those people who think a revolutions is coming, I want what your'e drinking.
I do not doubt the 2nd as well as the 1st amendment will read just like they did before after 4 more years of Obama, it's the interpretation of the amendments by the supreme court that is frightening. One more judge he appoints and he can literally do anything he wants as shown in appointing all those czars who answer to no one in the government except to him.

He, Pelosi and Reid already tried to stuff the 1st amendment down our throats by trying to pass the "fairness" doctrine which would have been anything but fair. Essentially the "fairness doctrine" would have given a few people the right to say who was in violation of it and enforcing it, as in shutting the news service down. Like my Socialist friend told me, "I can't wait till they pass the "fairness" doctrine so they can march in and shut down Fox. How scary is that?

In four years he has divided the country more than any other President.

But you are right, the 1st and 2nd amendment will not get changed literally, just the way the high courts now interpret these two important amendments through their own Socialist eyes.
wiscmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:43   #16
BADOS
Senior Member
 
BADOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPride View Post
Troll much? Government plant?
Obviouly you don agree with my opinion. I would defend your right to free speech, but you won't for me. So, I guess you defend the 2nd amendment but not the 1st.

Last edited by BADOS; 10-16-2012 at 10:43..
BADOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:44   #17
BADOS
Senior Member
 
BADOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT HATRED View Post
Seriously?
Next question; Are you american?
More of an American than you.
BADOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55   #18
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LOZ
Posts: 28,398
What the **** happened here?
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:09   #19
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOS View Post
Well, I guess it's time to speak my piece and it won't be pretty.

There will not be any change in the second amendment if Obama is re elected. That being said, if I remember correctly, the second amendment came about while muskets were fashionable. It's time to reassess the law. Our average citizens don't need assault rifles with 100 round drum magazines and you don't need an AK47 to go hunting. These weapons are dangerous in the hands of other than Military or Police. Also, for those people who think a revolutions is coming, I want what your'e drinking.
Your argument isn't really logical. Looking at 1789, the military also used muskets. The purpose of the second amendment was, in its clearest terms, to allow the citizens to act as a military force. It logically follows from your argument that the arms protected by the second amendment would evolve just as the technology of the arms used by the military evolved, given that the founders were obviously aware that technology improves and changes over time. So if you want to go the "they had muskest in 1789" route, the conclusion of the argument is that all weapons, or at least all individual weapons - full auto, grenade launchers, etc., are a constitutionally protected right. You have accomplished no more than a demonstration of the clearest intellectual dishonesty.
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet - you will never learn to shoot here.
- Me, 2014.

Last edited by Bren; 10-16-2012 at 12:11..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:35   #20
wiscmike
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 22
You want to go that route there is nothing in the Declaration of Independence nor the 1st 10 amendments that gives congress the right to tax its' citizens. That came much later. If you didn't know the War of Independence was fought over TAXES & TARIFFS, the only two reasons. The 1st ten were written because the Declaration was a bit vague and had to solidify our RIGHTS. Maybe you should read the Declaration of Independence and the 1st 10 amendments. Read Animal Farm it all may make sense.

Last edited by wiscmike; 10-16-2012 at 12:38..
wiscmike is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:26.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 973
249 Members
724 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31