Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-08-2012, 19:29   #9601
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Ditto on that Restless28 and a virtual kiss from me Loone Wolfe

Just get better , I insist..........!
Loone Wolfe?? Freudian slip?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 00:19   #9602
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I think I would support you in that decision, LW. As long as there was no hope, that is.
Thanks. I'm glad of that, even though lack of support wouldn't change the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe the cancer has not spread as on now and it probably will not. There is no need for you to plan in giving up while you are still winning your battle. You are going to beat this cancer and rebuild your life.
Beating it, that's the plan. I don't know if I will or I won't. I'll just have to finish my chemo, have my surgery, then wait and see. Of course my fingers will be crossed, too.

Quote:
Nursing home? Hell, no! My FIL is in one and that's the last place I want to go. My idea is that we all pool our resources and buy a very large condo on a beach somewhere. A couple of nurses and docs on call should do. Don't shoot me down, I can dream, can't I?

No, she can't give up now, and she hasn't. Besides, she hasn't visited me yet.

I slept better last night with a little OTC non Benadryl help. I had to get up early for work yesterday so that helped, too. Plus Mrs Bob vacated the bed again. I'm having a little pain but nothing major. Just enough to start my hydrocodone again. I'm trying to get off it. Something is zapping my energy and I don't like it. Hopefully that will pass soon too.
Hey, I like your idea! Convert the beach condo into our own private nursing home, complete with onsite bar!

I'm glad your back is healing up OK, hopefully you'll be your old self soon. Let's also send up prayers for Magnus, he just had surgery on his back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
LW,

You're tough. Just as tough as my dad. Don't sell yourself short. I have faith in you.

My dad's cancer, now that's it's recurrent, is no longer curable. The only thing that the doc can do is treat/control it. At some point there'll be no treatments left or my dad will say enough. How much sand he has in his hourglass I don't know - but I treat every day I have with him as gift - because it is.

You can beat this. If you decide that you've had enough, I'd understand, - but I'd be sad.

Matt

Silent_Runner, thanks.
I hate to hear that your dad's cancer is incurable, although I figured it was once it came back. It usually is at that point. I hope he's able to enjoy the time he has left and isn't in pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
LW, we will probably never meet, so if we don't, I'm giving you a virtual hug and sending whatever love I can your way.
Thank you. But you never know, we could meet. You're not THAT far away from me. I've actually met about a half dozen GT'ers in state. The only state I've met more GT'ers from is Arizona. There's a chance I'll be traveling there soon and if I do, meeting more GT'ers.

Quote:
Ditto on that Restless28 and a virtual kiss from me Loone Wolfe

Just get better , I insist..........!
Looney_Wolfe, yeah, you got me figured out!

back. Hope you're doing better, too.

Quote:
Loone Wolfe?? Freudian slip? : rofl:
Yep, sure is. Need to add that to the list of names you gave me a while back.

I'm almost dome with my chemo, thankfully. It makes me feel so crappy I really don't think I could stand it much longer. Plus it seems like all the side effects I'm having just make my chest hurt worse. The nightmare still come calling most every time I fall asleep, and yes, I still get shot in my dreams. So does Greg, and other people.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:20   #9603
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Thank you. But you never know, we could meet. You're not THAT far away from me. I've actually met about a half dozen GT'ers in state. The only state I've met more GT'ers from is Arizona. There's a chance I'll be traveling there soon and if I do, meeting more GT'ers.
L_W

I will support you in any future decisions. Would be tough, but,
I would, most likely, only agree to one round myself.

As for the traveling,.........you gotta let me know if you are headed through.
Kansas is on the way if you are driving.......

Last edited by faawrenchbndr; 10-09-2012 at 02:22..
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 23:52   #9604
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
L_W

I will support you in any future decisions. Would be tough, but,
I would, most likely, only agree to one round myself.

As for the traveling,.........you gotta let me know if you are headed through.
Kansas is on the way if you are driving.......

I think a lot of that decision would be based on how well you tolerated the chemo. Most people tolerate is better than me. My oncologist has commented more than once about hos bad it's affecting me, and has sent me to neurologists, etc, because some of my symptoms are so debilitating. She's also said that she's sure getting shot almost 4 years ago hasn't helped matters at all, because of all the effects that's had on me. Constant pain, severe insomnia, nightmares, trouble breathing, etc, all just make things worse.

Fraid driving is out of the question, especially a long drive like that. Because of my chest, I can only drive short distances, and the effects of the chemo are keeping me from being able to drive at all. That whole trip will be airplanes and taxi's for around towns. Tentative plans are for 3 stops, Mobile, Knoxville and surrounding area, and Phoenix. The flying part is going to hurt like all hell, but I need to be able to get out and just do something fun. Even if that fun is just drinking beer with GT'ers in 2 of those places and laying beside a hotel pool. And a tour of a few little mountains....

back.

BTW, I never agreed to even one round, if you catch my drift.....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-11-2012, 08:23   #9605
BobInTX

I'm glad the chemo is almost over. I can only imagine how rough it has been on you.
Old 10-12-2012, 00:24   #9606
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I'm glad the chemo is almost over. I can only imagine how rough it has been on you.
Yeah, there's a lot of side effects I haven't even mentioned here. I know I've mentioned the dizzy spells and general feeling crappy, plus the shortness of breath. That combines with the trouble I have breathing because of my injury makes for a bad situation that most people going through chemo don't experience in quite the same way, luckily. It's cumulative, because I can't get enough exercise to even maintain the condition I'm in. I'm really hoping to reverse that once I finish chemo.

Another issue I'm having is nerve damage, that's common with Taxol. Unfortunately it's cumulative, too, and often doesn't go away. It's in my hands, worse in my right. Numb abd tingling, sometimes hard to use the hand. I'm REALLY hoping that'll get better after chemo. If not, I may go crazier than I already am.

Plus enough other crap going on that makes me think I'd rather get shot again than have to go through chemo again. Just counting the days until it's over. Then I'm thinking about going to Arizona to see some family and friends, with a couple stops on the way there. OK, I know Knoxville and Mobile aren't exactly on the way, but who cares.......

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-12-2012, 02:08   #9607
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:

BTW, I never agreed to even one round, if you catch my drift.....
I hear ya,......not sure I care for that comment though.

A Lady at work was just diagnosed this week. 30+ year smoker,
cancer in lungs, lymph nodes, liver,.......
Sadly, no treatment for Her, they told Her 5-6 mos max.

Wish I was a bit closer,.........I need a beer.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:09   #9608
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:
Then I'm thinking about going to Arizona to see some family and friends
I MUST be in on these plans!!!!!!!!

*********furious waving*************
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:35   #9609
BobInTX

Quote:
Yeah, there's a lot of side effects I haven't even mentioned here. I know I've mentioned the dizzy spells and general feeling crappy, plus the shortness of breath. That combines with the trouble I have breathing because of my injury makes for a bad situation that most people going through chemo don't experience in quite the same way, luckily. It's cumulative, because I can't get enough exercise to even maintain the condition I'm in. I'm really hoping to reverse that once I finish chemo.

Another issue I'm having is nerve damage, that's common with Taxol. Unfortunately it's cumulative, too, and often doesn't go away. It's in my hands, worse in my right. Numb abd tingling, sometimes hard to use the hand. I'm REALLY hoping that'll get better after chemo. If not, I may go crazier than I already am.

Plus enough other crap going on that makes me think I'd rather get shot again than have to go through chemo again. Just counting the days until it's over. Then I'm thinking about going to Arizona to see some family and friends, with a couple stops on the way there. OK, I know Knoxville and Mobile aren't exactly on the way, but who cares.......
Oh, I hope that goes away. I wish they could come up with a cure that doesn't almost kill the patient. I've heard that some things are in the works but haven't heard specifics.

You're welcome to stop by here, too. We have an airport and everything.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:28   #9610
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
You have only heard about what she has posted here. You should also hear what she has to say to me! It has not been at all pleasant for her.

Quote:

You had best not forget to visit me also. What will you be doing in Mobile?

I do hope the nerve damage subsides after you have finished this regimen. You are already crazy enough.:tongueout

Quote:

Wish I was a bit closer,.........I need a beer.
feewrenchbndr I am so sorry to hear about your coworker. She will be in my prayers.

I have no problems with her comment. After all she did not agree to that round to her chest. I would not have agreed to it either.

Quote:
Oh, I hope that goes away. I wish they could come up with a cure that doesn't almost kill the patient. I've heard that some things are in the works but haven't heard specifics.

You're welcome to stop by here, too. We have an airport and everything.
You have an airport there? Are you sure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 17:39   #9611
BobInTX

"You have an airport there? Are you sure?"

Not always. Sometimes we fly out if DFW just to avoid our first flight being cancelled. The likelihood increases with the distance if our destination.
Old 10-14-2012, 19:31   #9612
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Hey Wolfe, we were planning on driving to Savannah, but plans have changed to flying. Are you close? We will be there for 6 days and would love to see you!!

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 21:00   #9613
dango

Yo sweety , road trip heh , impressive ! I hope you're getting stronger and better but , I knew you would !

Niagra Falls , the Grand Canyon , the Red Woods and me , dman,
too much to see got it.......?

Me ? I'm only getting funnier by the day...! You only live once and I ain't got time to cry , so's laughing it is ..............!
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:45   #9614
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

Wish I was a bit closer,.........I need a beer. : hugs:
Well, would you rather I agree to catch the next round?

I'm reallysorry about your co-worker. eems I'm hearing about a lot of that lately.

I need a beer and a hug, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
I MUST be in on these plans!!!!!!!!

*********furious waving*************
Yep, you got to come down to PHX while I'm there. I'll let you know when.

Quote:

You're welcome to stop by here, too. We have an airport and everything. : eyelashes:
What's your airport code there? Can anything bigger than a Cessna land?

I sure hope they come up with better 'cures'. There's a good chance this won't cure me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
You have only heard about what she has posted here. You should also hear what she has to say to me!: wow: It has not been at all pleasant for her.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Shut your trap!

You had best not forget to visit me also.: impatient: What will you be doing in Mobile?
Not a lot, I'm just going down because a friend of mine has to go and will drop me off there. I'll fly from there to Knoxville.

I do hope the nerve damage subsides after you have finished this regimen. You are already crazy enough.:tongueout
Are you sure?

After all she did not agree to that round to her chest. I would not have agreed to it either.
^^^ This. Given the choice, I damn sure wouldn't do it again!

Quote:
"You have an airport there? Are you sure?"

Not always. Sometimes we fly out if DFW just to avoid our first flight being cancelled. The likelihood increases with the distance if our destination.
I tried to find a flight there, and couldn't. What airline goes there? Apparently not Delta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Hey Wolfe, we were planning on driving to Savannah, but plans have changed to flying. Are you close? We will be there for 6 days and would love to see you!!: hugs:: hugs:: hugs:
Damn, I'm nowhere near Savannah.

Quote:
Yo sweety , road trip heh , impressive ! I hope you're getting stronger and better but , I knew you would !

Niagra Falls , the Grand Canyon , the Red Woods and me , dman,
too much to see got it.......?

Me ? I'm only getting funnier by the day...! You only live once and I ain't got time to cry , so's laughing it is ..............!
Road? No. Flights to a couple different places.

Yep, I've seen your posts.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-16-2012, 07:49   #9615
BobInTX

Quote:
Well, would you rather I agree to catch the next round?

What's your airport code there? Can anything bigger than a Cessna land?

I sure hope they come up with better 'cures'. There's a good chance this won't cure me anyway.

^^^ This. Given the choice, I damn sure wouldn't do it again!

I tried to find a flight there, and couldn't. What airline goes there? Apparently not Delta.

Road? No. Flights to a couple different places.

Yep, I've seen your posts.
I think a lot of us didn't catch what kind of "round" you were talking about. Now we're going "ohhhhhhhh".

Airport code here is ABI. We have a 10,000 foot runway, thank you very much. Regional jets. American Airlines only, though. You couldn't find a Delta flight into here, or DFW? Cause I know they fly into DFW. Me and the missus would be happy to meet you in DFW. Somebody small you want to meet lives there anyway.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:09   #9616
dango

Yo , so's you been to the OAF....! Anything for a laugh...!
If you laugh , I will proceed cause this laughter has great
healing abilities , so's I will continue just for YOU......
Old 10-16-2012, 08:43   #9617
BobInTX

Quote:
Yo , so's you been to the OAF....! Anything for a laugh...!
If you laugh , I will proceed cause this laughter has great
healing abilities , so's I will continue just for YOU......
Is this the way I sound on MY pain meds?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:47   #9618
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
I have a job interview on Thursday...2 days from now. It is with a company that I would LOVE to work for. I would appreciate prayers that God guides me to and through the interview. My gas tank is empty and I still don’t have insurance...so prayers that God will guide me to those resources. Also, I have been using a cane or walker since the injections and would like to not have that hinderance for the interview. I’m not sure what I can do to be under my own physical power unless God would bless me with strength to get through the interview without the cane.

Thank you so much for the prayers!!!
God bless you all. I am praying so hard that I can get this job!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:48   #9619
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Is this the way I sound on MY pain meds?
Not quite, but close

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:09   #9620
dango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Not quite, but close
You think so ? Give it try.......!

And to you my Queen (Lone Wolfe) , for you , anything....

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!