SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-15-2012, 13:42   #1
Vultite

Buyer beware!

delete

Last edited by Vultite; 09-30-2013 at 08:21..
Vultite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 13:57   #2
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

You said the F-word 67 times in that video

Okie is one KooL Cat
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 14:01   #3
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
You said the F-word 67 times in that video
Wow, you were willing to count how many times he said F... word.
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 14:02   #4
Knighj1

I saw someone in the background on the couch, just wondering why they did not hold the camera?
Knighj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 14:05   #5
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Eric View Post
Wow, you were willing to count how many times he said F... word.
THat was an estimate

Okie is one KooL Cat
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 14:11   #6
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighj1 View Post
I saw someone in the background on the couch, just wondering why they did not hold the camera?

at 2:59. She is completely indifferent, but we should get frothy over this?

WTF is that brand anyways? Bravia, or go home!
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 14:11   #7
DanaT
Pharaoh

Have you ever thought about buying a Bravia?
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 14:19   #8
Resqu2

So are they giving you a third tv?
Resqu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 14:19   #9
1-2man
Part Time

I think you broke it when the "camera fell over."
1-2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 14:21   #10
DanaT
Pharaoh

I have a feeling this thread will go differently than the OP expected and he will not get a sympathetic crowd....I could be wrong though....there is a first for everything.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 14:22   #11
Vultite

lol, that was my wife in the background...she was on the couch doing paperwork for her job, if she got up to help with this...there would probably be more cussing than anyting else lol. I don't know where I actually stand right now, UPS is going to come over and investigate the box itself...I'm frustrated because I'm actually being shipped damaged goods, the boxes aren't beat up. Yeah, you get what you pay for...but come on, this is terrible. I guess I can't show you the constant phone calls to deal with this crap and being told I have to pay for shipping ect ect.

Last edited by Vultite; 10-15-2012 at 14:24..
Old 10-15-2012, 14:25   #12
Knighj1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-2man View Post
I think you broke it when the "camera fell over."
Old 10-15-2012, 14:25   #13
Knighj1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vultite View Post
lol, that was my wife in the background...she was on the couch doing paperwork for her job, if she got up to help with this...there would probably be more cussing than anyting else lol. I don't know where I actually stand right now, UPS is going to come over and investigate the box itself...I'm frustrated because I'm actually being shipped damaged goods, the boxes aren't beat up. Yeah, you get what you pay for...but come on, this is terrible. I guess I can't show you the constant phone calls to deal with this crap and being told I have to pay for shipping ect ect.
good point
Old 10-15-2012, 14:36   #14
BEER
bad example

i feel like i just watched the blair witch project again, but this time with more plot and less talent.
Old 10-15-2012, 14:36   #15
Vultite

Oh yeah, and this will be the LAST time I go "off-brand".
Old 10-15-2012, 14:37   #16
Vultite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER View Post
i feel like i just watched the blair witch project again, but this time with more plot and less talent.
lol, Thanks I think? I'm def. not an entertainer...
Old 10-15-2012, 14:41   #17
costanza187
I like Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Have you ever thought about buying a Bravia?
Live and learn!
Old 10-15-2012, 14:47   #18
el_jewapo

Early in the video, you said maybe they don't like you, being the reason they sent you a broken T.V. I wonder why they wouldn't like you? Did you have that same tone to your voice the first time you called them? People don't seem to understand the fact that the people you're talking to really have no stake in the company. They're getting paid by the hour and couldn't care less if you're frustrated with the company. What they do care about is your tone with them. If you called up huffing with that tone in the video the first time, it wouldn't shock me at all if whoever you talked to walked back to the warehouse area and told them to send you that busted one.

I worked in tech support, which I imagine is about the same thing. When someone called me up huffing right off the bat and being an ******* to me like I broke their stuff, I didn't take it very well. I would do the bare minimum of service for them, just enough to cover my bases of what I had to do and nothing else. Hell, some days if I wasn't in the mood for it, something would accidentally push the hang up button, really fun when there was an hour or so que. Now when someone was nice and polite to me, I would go out of my way to do whatever I could to help them.

That's something people should remember when calling most any place like that, you're not talking to the CEO of the company. You're talking to someone who is getting paid whether you're happy with the company or not. Be nice to those people, it pays off.

ETA: I'm not saying you should just bend over and take anything they want to give you, I'm just saying to try to at least start the conversation out in a polite manner, you're not talking to the person directly responsible for your broken stuff.

Last edited by el_jewapo; 10-15-2012 at 14:52..
el_jewapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 14:51   #19
Vultite

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_jewapo View Post
Early in the video, you said maybe they don't like you, being the reason they sent you a broken T.V. I wonder why they wouldn't like you? Did you have that same tone to your voice the first time you called them? People don't seem to understand the fact that the people you're talking to really have no stake in the company. They're getting paid by the hour and couldn't care less if you're frustrated with the company. What they do care about is your tone with them. If you called up huffing with that tone in the video the first time, it wouldn't shock me at all if whoever you talked to walked back to the warehouse area and told them to send you that busted one.

I worked in tech support, which I imagine is about the same thing. When someone called me up huffing right off the bat and being an ******* to me like I broke their stuff, I didn't take it very well. I would do the bare minimum of service for them, just enough to cover my bases of what I had to do and nothing else. Hell, some days if I wasn't in the mood for it, something would accidentally push the hang up button, really fun when there was an hour or so que. Now when someone was nice and polite to me, I would go out of my way to do whatever I could to help them.

That's something people should remember when calling most any place like that, you're not talking to the CEO of the company. You're talking to someone who is getting paid whether you're happy with the company or not. Be nice to those people, it pays off.
The first...hmm...20+ times I was very nice to everyone I dealt with. Then the phone call I made after that video was not very nice. I directed my attention to the supervisor who's "I don't give a **** attitude" throughout the whole process is what brought me to this point. Only after she learned that I made a video she referred me to her boss...I know what it's like to work in customer service, and make hourly wages. This was the tipping point for me

Last edited by Vultite; 10-15-2012 at 14:51..
Old 10-15-2012, 14:55   #20
el_jewapo

Quote:
The first...hmm...20+ times I was very nice to everyone I dealt with. Then the phone call I made after that video was not very nice. I directed my attention to the supervisor who's "I don't give a **** attitude" throughout the whole process is what brought me to this point. Only after she learned that I made a video she referred me to her boss...I know what it's like to work in customer service, and make hourly wages. This was the tipping point for me
Quite understandable. Just giving a little insider advice. Sometimes folks just piss you off.
el_jewapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 14:56   #21
Bushflyr
ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ

LOL. You buy a cheap ***** brand with horrible reviews all over the web and you're surprised when it breaks? Then you're nasty to some minimum wage flunky in India and you're surprised when you don't get good service?

If you're going to buy junk at least get it at Costco so it's easy to return when it breaks. Write off your $50 and chalk it up to a cheap lesson.

That which does not kill you has made a tactical error. --Tayler
Bushflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 15:07   #22
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

With all due respect but let me guess where you bought that Element TV?

Was it at Walmart ?

Seriously the TV is a bargain basement TV even for Walmart standards. I actually own one that is in my finished basement where the kids keep their toys and hang out during parties. I bought it last year, a 40" flatscreen Element for $240. Still works fine, but for that price I'm not going to expect to as good as my Panasonic, or dare I say a Sony Bravia.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 15:09   #23
Vultite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins View Post
With all due respect but let me guess where you bought that Element TV?

Was it at Walmart ?

Seriously the TV is a bargain basement TV even for Walmart standards. I actually own one that is in my finished basement where the kids keep their toys and hang out during parties. I bought it last year, a 40" flatscreen Element for $240. Still works fine, but for that price I'm not going to expect to as good as my Panasonic, or dare I say a Sony Bravia.
Yep, Walmart, and I don't expect anything other than for it to work while it's under warranty...it lasted 2 months of light use. Why is it so hard to expect a company to honor their word? I put this video up here as a warning to prevent people from being in my situation. BTW, this company doesn't use flunkies from India, they are based in the US and supposedly assemble the TV's now in Detroit...
Old 10-15-2012, 15:51   #24
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Nevermind.

Good luck getting this resolved. Probably would have been wise to buy the replacement plan at wal mart on an el-cheapo like that.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 10-15-2012 at 15:52..
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 15:53   #25
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
they are based in the US and supposedly assemble the TV's now in Detroit...
I think I'd prefer India.... those are probably laid off auto workers who are used to outrageous compensation despite poor quality of products and even worse work habits.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
video, wtf