SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:59   #201
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
I read that they do not even pursue looking in to people claiming a need for Food Stamps. Aparently it's cheaper to hand them out and not even investigate.
People dont have the guts to get up and try anymore before giving in and taking the handout.
I see perfectly able folks pull that card out, who have seperated their legal groceries from their "Fun Stuff".
When the buck finally stops and it will soon, I can't wait to see the looks on some folks faces when the magic card doesn't work anymore and the Gov"t check doesnt come to them.
You weren't around in 1968. Welfare is a bribe we pay poor people to not burn down their cities. It's much cheaper than cleaning up the mess and rebuilding. It's much cheaper than catching them, trying, them, and keeping them in prison.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:01   #202
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tous View Post
There's the rub.

An entitlement is whatever the professional liars declare it to be.
Good point. An entitlement is a benefit that someone else gets that you don't.

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10   #203
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
You weren't around in 1968. Welfare is a bribe we pay poor people to not burn down their cities. It's much cheaper than cleaning up the mess and rebuilding. It's much cheaper than catching them, trying, them, and keeping them in prison.
They do that again, and the only welfare assistance they're gonna get is boy scout tents and ramen noodles.

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10   #204
Pwhfirefighter

I used the GI bill when I enlisted 19 years ago, and even coming up on 20 years time in, I am still grateful for it. I got $200 a month GI bill and state tuition assistance. I think it is safe to say that the GI bill is not the only reason I joined, after 19 years in. As I said, I am grateful. As to whether it is an "entitlement", well can't say I see it that way but we can agree to disagree. A lot of us who used the GI bill have been working and contributing to society and paying taxes.

Just my opinion.
Pwhfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:11   #205
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
What happens when you have a heart attack, kidney failure, or something else that keeps you from growing your own food? You draw your Social Security and let Medicare and Medicaid pay you health care bills. When your Medicare and Medicaid are used up, the health care industry takes all your liquid assets and nearly everything else you have. In many countries there are laws that prevent that.
So should YOU (as in you muscogee personally) be responsible for paying for MY my (as in me personally) so that my liquid assets are not taken from me if I have a heart attack, kidney failure, etc?

Give me an exact amount of dollars and cents that YOU, muscogee, should be responsible for paying for MY, dana's, medical care if I were to have a heart attack so my liquid assets (read money) is not "taken" from me.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.

Last edited by DanaT; 10-15-2012 at 08:12..
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:12   #206
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwhfirefighter View Post
.... As to whether it is an "entitlement", well can't say I see it that way ....
It's 'deferred compensation' .

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:12   #207
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
Thats naive. If you live long enough you're ability to change will diminish. At some point it will become almost non-existent.

What happens when you have a heart attack, kidney failure, or something else that keeps you from growing your own food? You draw your Social Security and let Medicare and Medicaid pay your health care bills. When your Medicare and Medicaid are used up, the health care industry takes all your liquid assets and nearly everything else you have. In many countries there are laws that prevent that.

You die,folks do that every day.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:17   #208
DanaT
Pharaoh

This is my opinion, but paying for soldiers to be educated may cost money, but I suspect as a whole the GI Bill actually generates wealth. I am all for an educated population.

I can 100% say the sectors of the USA population that are uneducated are the sectors we are spending the most money on in terms of welfare, crime, etc.

Personally, I would be all for stripping Pell grants, etc from students and make them "earn" their govt assistance in University by serving in the military (the problem with this is the military doesnt want that many people). But the alternative with all the govt "grants" for college is the students are getting handouts and not earning it.
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:25   #209
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
WATCH WHAT YEE HOPE-ETH FOR ....! My Mother-in-Law is living with us NOW....! SHE has driven me beyond all limits
known to man , I am on unwritten ground with access to some NETHER WORLD so GOOD luck when that HAPPY day cometh.!

EEeeeeek....................... HELP....!
Did the same thing with my in-laws. It was tough duty for me. My wife deserves Sainthood for what she endured.

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-15-2012, 08:26   #210
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
You die,folks do that every day.'08.
How misinformed you are.

There are people with special connections in the Illuminati that have access to medical devices and medicines that prevent death.

You just dont have enough money to buy them. Sucks to be part of the population that has to die, huh?
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:50   #211
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
So should YOU (as in you muscogee personally) be responsible for paying for MY my (as in me personally) so that my liquid assets are not taken from me if I have a heart attack, kidney failure, etc?

Give me an exact amount of dollars and cents that YOU, muscogee, should be responsible for paying for MY, dana's, medical care if I were to have a heart attack so my liquid assets (read money) is not "taken" from me.
I have a friend in Germany who developed colon cancer and lost his job because he couldn't work. He has some rental property and some investments so he was able to get by. He took some of his investments and started a business. He has recovered quite nicely. In the U.S. he would have been driven into bankruptcy by his medical bills and be on welfare. Which do you see as the better solution? I vote for letting people get back on their feet and work instead of being financially wiped out and forced on government assistance. Think about it. When that happens the healthcare industry gets the money and the person's support gets dumped on the government (i.e., the rest of us). This transfers wealth from everyone to the healthcare industry.

I'm not sure exactly how healthcare works in Germany, but we should be able to do as well here. As for what should I pay, whatever everyone else pays. Don't give me a, "Let them eat cake" answer. You know that won't work.

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-15-2012, 08:53   #212
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:

I'm not sure exactly how healthcare works in Germany, but we should be able to do as well here. As for what should I pay, whatever everyone else pays. Don't give me a, "Let them eat cake" answer. You know that won't work.
You still havent said how much YOU PERSONALLY are willing to pay for MY health care so that I dont loose my liquid assets. Put a dollar amount on it. How much are YOU PERSONALLY willing to pay for MY PERSONAL health care so I dont loose liquid assets.
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:56   #213
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly how healthcare works in Germany, but we should be able to do as well here.
That is obvious that you dont know how it works.

Are you OK with a system that you are only entitled to go to PUBLIC hospitals and CANNOT go to the better PRIVATE hospitals because you can't afford it?

Are you OK with waiting in line 8 hours for a shot at a public hospital?

Are you OK with being in a ward (no rooms) with 20 other patients?
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:57   #214
muscogee

Quote:
You still havent said how much YOU PERSONALLY are willing to pay for MY health care so that I dont loose my liquid assets. Put a dollar amount on it. How much are YOU PERSONALLY willing to pay for MY PERSONAL health care so I dont loose liquid assets.
I answered the question. You just don't like the answer.

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-15-2012, 09:00   #215
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
As for what should I pay, whatever everyone else pays.

Quote:
I answered the question. You just don't like the answer.
You "answered" what everyone else is.

So you are willing to pay the same AMOUNT of taxes as me so that you are paying the "what everyone else" is paying? I am an everyone else.

When you gonna start kicking in your fair share?

But how much should "everyone pay"? Give me a dollar amount.

$100 a year? $1000 a year? $10000 a year? $100000 a year?
2x4=8, not 14.

Last edited by DanaT; 10-15-2012 at 09:01..
Old 10-15-2012, 09:03   #216
muscogee

Quote:
That is obvious that you dont know how it works.

Are you OK with a system that you are only entitled to go to PUBLIC hospitals and CANNOT go to the better PRIVATE hospitals because you can't afford it?

Are you OK with waiting in line 8 hours for a shot at a public hospital?

Are you OK with being in a ward (no rooms) with 20 other patients?
They live longer than we do so it must not be too bad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...2.80.932010.29

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-15-2012, 09:10   #217
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
They live longer than we do so it must not be too bad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...2.80.932010.29
Can I ask you how educated you are? Where do you think Baden-Württemberg is? Now lets extrapolate this. If I work in the medical field, and I am in Baden-Württemberg, what do you think the probability is that I have had contact with the German health system?
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:48   #218
muscogee

Quote:
Can I ask you how educated you are?
I have a PhD and friends in Germany.

Quote:
Where do you think Baden-Württemberg is? Now lets extrapolate this. If I work in the medical field, and I am in Baden-Württemberg, what do you think the probability is that I have had contact with the German health system?
I have friends in Stuttgart and my wife was born in Augsburg. They're appalled at our healthcare system. I don't know how it looks from your end but it looks better from theirs.

You didn't answer my question. Do you think our current system that is driving the middle class and working class into bankruptcy is acceptable?

The majority of bankruptcies in the U.S. is due to health care costs. The majority of people forced into bankruptcy due to health care costs have insurance. Why should people work and save for retirement if they're just going to end up broke anyway.

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51   #219
muscogee

Quote:
You "answered" what everyone else is.

So you are willing to pay the same AMOUNT of taxes as me so that you are paying the "what everyone else" is paying? I am an everyone else.

When you gonna start kicking in your fair share?

But how much should "everyone pay"? Give me a dollar amount.

$100 a year? $1000 a year? $10000 a year? $100000 a year?
That's a hypothetical open ended question with no concrete answer. I'm willing to pay the same percent as you.

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-15-2012, 12:37   #220
dango

Quote:
Thats naive. If you live long enough you're ability to change will diminish. At some point it will become almost non-existent.

What happens when you have a heart attack, kidney failure, or something else that keeps you from growing your own food? You draw your Social Security and let Medicare and Medicaid pay your health care bills. When your Medicare and Medicaid are used up, the health care industry takes all your liquid assets and nearly everything else you have. In many countries there are laws that prevent that.
I claim to be no Island and there are more than a handful involved . When I die , the CLAN will carry on and I'm no stupid man ! The stupid wait and do nthing ......!
Each and everyone have and know there task , life will continue !
What's your plan..............?
Sainthood , pass that around cause it's a way of life in these parts !

Last edited by dango; 10-15-2012 at 12:53..
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:49   #221
JohnBT
NRA Patron

"I read that they do not even pursue looking in to people claiming a need for Food Stamps. Aparently it's cheaper to hand them out and not even investigate."

The author you read was clueless.

Of course they look into their income and expenses for housing, utilities, etc.

www.snap-help.com/?path=13&reset=1&split_id=150

"After applying, applicants will in all likelihood need to furnish extra documentation during an interview with a state case worker and fit all prerequisites set forth by the state on an ongoing basis in order to continue receiving benefits."

The "all likelihood" refers to people - and babies too - already approved for another program such as Medicaid. Those folks and their info are already known.

John
JohnBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:50   #222
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
I have a PhD and friends in Germany.
The first statement is suspect, but if true, how is that paying off for you? If it isnt it is in something that doesnt matter.

Quote:
I have friends in Stuttgart and my wife was born in Augsburg. They're appalled at our healthcare system. I don't know how it looks from your end but it looks better from theirs.
I went to Colmar and ate crêpe. I also ate tartiflett in Chamonix. I worked with 10 French people. I guess that makes me more of an expert about French hôpital than you on German Krankenhäuser.

Go ask your "friends in stuttgart" about private and public health care and which one they get in Germany.

But here is some help to start:

http://www.pkv.de

There dirty little secret that the Europeans dont talk about is the difference between public and private insurance. I give you a link, yet you probably still will not believe it exists.

Quote:
You didn't answer my question. Do you think our current system that is driving the middle class and working class into bankruptcy is acceptable?
I didnt incur the debt. Someone else should not be forced to pay unlimited amounts to save you. Most people that in the financial position they are in had a lot to do with the position.

Quote:
The majority of bankruptcies in the U.S. is due to health care costs. The majority of people forced into bankruptcy due to health care costs have insurance. Why should people work and save for retirement if they're just going to end up broke anyway.
WaWaWa. I lost all sympathy for peoples health care payments when I have always paid A LOT of money for health care insurance. What our family had to have done, was not covered by insurance. If we wanted treatment, pay cash up front. It cost me about $25k in cash at a young age. But guess what, it was important enough to have this medical issue taken care of, I paid for it. It is called "priorities".
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:52   #223
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
That's a hypothetical open ended question with no concrete answer. I'm willing to pay the same percent as you.

Wow. So you are for a flat rate? I like that. You pay 20% of your income for tax and I will pay 20% of mine.
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:56   #224
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
You always whine about the working and middle class.

Well, lets see you do something for them instead of just whine. You are an educated person that should be able to help.

I will offer you an investment opportunity. You will get a 8% ROI as long as the firm is profitable in 5 years. You need to invest $3M. This will provide 5 to 7 good jobs for three years. Maybe even a couple more working class jobs for the same time. There are all kinds of creative ways you can come up with $3M.

When can I expect your investment and wire transfer to arrive? After all, it is help out the working class by creating jobs for the them.
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-15-2012, 14:06   #225
LAWDOGKMS

So.....the 10K of college gi bill that 10 years in the military, serving my country in-the combat zone for Desert Storm, Desert Shield in the Gulf and Operation Deny Flight in Bosnia makes me a welfare whore?
LAWDOGKMS is offline   Reply With Quote