Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-12-2012, 14:16   #176
RetailNinja

Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
Been in a few 'haunted' cemeteries, lurked around a few unmarked 'poor farm' graves, never seen anything but tombstones, beer cans, OLD liquor bottles and my own reflection. One of the 'haunted' ones seems to have an interesting feature in that I've never seen an animal in it, or animal scat. It took me a few years to notice it.

I'm pretty sure I caught the tail end of two dudes banging in it one night. Middle of night, two guys in sweat shirts in pajama pants randomly parked along side it were walking back to their vehicles. Claimed to be visiting a dead relative, though they were unrelated, and gave me a name of someone not buried there. I went back the next afternoon and looked for weed grows or hunting sign and found none.
Old 10-12-2012, 14:24   #177
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Did you draw that?
Yes, why?

Have you seen something like him?
Hamilton Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:40   #178
blk69stang

Ok, here's mine.

I'm originally from Maine, and the fall of 1998 was my first semester away at college in Arizona, and also my first real time away from home. As such, I was pretty close with family, and called home pretty much daily. My grandfather was not in the greatest of health, and while it was really only a matter of time, we all thought that it would not be as soon as it was.

Anyway, the night it happened, I went to bed like any other night. In the wee hours of the morning, something like 3:00 am, I woke up and sat bolt upright in bed, sobbing. Somehow I *knew* that he had died. As I began to wake up a bit more, I shrugged it off as a bad dream, and felt pretty silly. I figured I was just worried about his health and had a bad dream as a result. I went back to sleep. Later that morning, I got a call from my parents, and they told me they had bad news. Before they told me what the bad news was, I interrupted them: "Grampie Gus passed away, didn't he?" They were a little surprised with my response, but told me that yes, he had passed. "What time?" I asked. Obviously, this is not the normal reaction from someone who's just been told a close family member has died. They were a bit puzzled by my question, but answered it nonetheless. Turns out, he passed away at something like 6:00 AM... which considering the three hour time-zone difference, was almost EXACTLY the same time I woke up in bed the night before. Both my parents and I were pretty weirded out by it.

I have pretty much been a firm skeptic all my life (and not terribly religious... perhaps you could describe me as raised Catholic, but now sort of non-denominational Christian bordering on Agnostic) but I really believe something happened that night. I don't know if it's just some type of telepathic connection between close family, or if my grandfather's "spirit" visited me to say goodbye, or what... but I now feel that there is a good chance that there is more to this life than science can currently explain.

FWIW, my son (and first child) was born back this past July. We named him Gus, after my departed grandfather.
blk69stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:46   #179
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Burger View Post
Yes, why?

Have you seen something like him?
Actually, yes. I don't curse, but I said a big WTF when I saw that drawing. Took be back some years.
Homegrown Terrorism

Last edited by Beware Owner; 10-12-2012 at 14:47..
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:52   #180
CBennett

i think its all crap. Been at gettysburg even right to/in devils den at night never saw,heard,felt anything wierd/strange. Im one of those ive got to experience it to believe and never have so i call BS on paranormal junk.
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:58   #181
blk69stang

I just remembered another one from back home in Maine.

In the area I grew up (very rural northern Maine) there are abandoned cemeteries scattered all over the countryside. I guess they are the only remnants of "ghost towns" that went belly-up back in the day. Some are unmaintained, but some are still occasionally mowed by surviving family members.

One such "abandoned" cemetery (the kind that got mowed about once a year just to keep the forest from consuming it) was located abutting a dirt two-track that goes from Houlton to Linneus. The most recent date on any headstone I could read was about 1910 or so. Most graves dated from the 1860's and earlier. The two-track was one of those roads my brother and I used to take the 4x4 Ford Ranger down to have a good time "boonie-bouncing". On two occasions, my brother and I would have a mechanical breakdown right next to the cemetery. This Ranger was known to eat ignition modules, so we carried a spare (along with the special thin-wall socket needed to change it) in the glove box. Once, we stopped to walk the cemetery to look at the headstones. When we got back in the truck, it wouldn't start. Fried ignition module. We were glad to have a spare. The second breakdown, we were just driving past and had no intention of stopping... until the rear u-joint let go, and the truck dropped the driveshaft right there in the road... EXACTLY in front of the cemetary... in the middle of the night. Let's just say we both looked at each other, then wasted no time in grabbing the tools, unbolting the remains of the driveshaft, tossing it in the bed of the pickup, and driving out of there in front wheel drive (we put it in 4x4 and hit the gas, rear driveshaft or no rear driveshaft).

Not quite as powerful as my later experience described in my previous post, but a freaky coincidence nonetheless.
blk69stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 15:00   #182
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
The thing with haunted houses, is people go expecting and wanting a paranormal experience, and a desire for something to happen will make it seem to happen. Any other house theres a draft, a haunted house, its a ghost, etc
^^ exactly, my kid is into the ghost thing so i dont discourage him. We go on those ghost walks/hunts at old battlefields and cemetaries. Ive been in groups where people swear they saw,felt,experienced something but i was within 10 feet and neither me(a non beleiver)nor my son who beleives in ghosts experienced anything..so i think these people get so worked up that any leaf falling from a tree, and slight breeze, and noise HAS to be a ghost.
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 15:35   #183
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

blk69stang's reminds me of my own great-grandmother's story...

It was (iirc) 1944 and her son (my mom's uncle Bud, a notorious bar fighter and all around tough-guy) was in the Navy. One night she awoke in the wee hours to find her son, who was supposedly at sea, crying at her bedside. Alarmed at this, she got up and comforted him as best she could, but couldn't get a word out of him other than "mama". Eventually she drifted off to sleep again.

No news for months, and though she feared the worst she didn't let on to the rest of her family. When he finally came home on leave he said that around the time in question he had just killed his first enemy combatant, and that before expiring the man had been yelling something that sounded like "Mama!"

Uncle Bud
The Okie Corral

Flash forward to '62. Same uncle is in the hospital losing his battle with Lou Gehrig's. My great-grandma wakes up in the middle of the night to find him once again at her bedside, this time smiling down at her. She sat up and he told her everything was just fine, go back to sleep - which she somehow did. It was after 8am when the call came from the hospital that he had passed in the night.

Last edited by Hamilton Burger; 10-12-2012 at 23:05..
Old 10-12-2012, 16:00   #184
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Actually, yes. I don't curse, but I said a big WTF when I saw that drawing. Took be back some years.
Tell us, man!
Old 10-12-2012, 21:54   #185
Stang_Man

That drawing reminds me of Slenderman, tons of stories about that guy but none by me
Old 10-13-2012, 07:47   #186
xMyazXtr3me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Man View Post
That drawing reminds me of Slenderman, tons of stories about that guy but none by me
You ever play the slenderman game? It's creepy lol. They now have an app on the apple app store.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
xMyazXtr3me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 14:26   #187
Averageman

My Dad and I had a really rocky sometimes destructive, sometimes violent relationship right up until I joined the Army. I was pretty upset when he left my Mother for another Woman,..well a very young woman actually.
Dad came and saw me during Family Day at AIT and we kind of made up. Years go by with little contact and I get a letter from him. He seemed pretty upset in the letter and it seemed that my lack of contact with him really upset him.
Unbeknowst to me he had gotten sick and pretty much understood this was the end for him.
The letter was pretty sad and didn't really come off right (I'm sure it was pretty hard to write) and I had a lot going on bad in my own life at the time, so sadly I blew it off, tore up the letter and forgot about it.
Dad died, no Red Cross message, no call, no contact from anyone...nothing.
But,
I had a crazy dream one night that someone came and sat on the end of my Bunk and told me not to worry, everything will be fine and it is all okay now.
A couple of days go by and I get the letter from my Mom telling me my Dad had died.
I call my Mother and She explained it must have been my Dad and that he came to me to say goodbye.
I know now life is pretty complicated and being Dad isnt easy at all, when I see him again I will appologise and I know I will see him again.
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:21   #188
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

BTTT....

....and my allergies are killing me!

eta:

My dad and I hadn't seen each other or even spoken much for at least 8 or 9 years when I found out through an aunt that he was really sick. I was able to see him before he passed, but not long enough to say all that needed saying.

Later, he appeared in a series of dreams, 3 in a month tapering off to once in a blue moon, that left me with an understanding that nothing really needed said... a dad already knows.

Last edited by Hamilton Burger; 10-13-2012 at 20:34..
Old 10-14-2012, 12:18   #189
GWG19

While I was touring Shiloh, I had my two Chow Chows ith me. We crossed the creek and walked up to cannons where the Confederates had charged head long in to slaughter. Both dogs got real antsy, my red chow walked towards the back of the cannons growling, the other one ducked behind me. My red Chow then starts wagging her tail, sniffing and stretching towards open air like she greeting somebody. Weird! The blond chow then lightened up and advanced to see what was going on. I felt nothing, saw nothing but the red chow sensed something. Very creepy. I promptly left the area and continued the tour.
GWG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 19:22   #190
crazycooter91
Roll Tide

I took the ghost tour in Key West, earlier this year. One part of the tour, they took us to the East Martello fort/museum. They have a doll in the museum that supposedly has some kind of curse (Robert the doll). When we went to this part of the museum, this doll's toy was on his left side but when I glanced back before we left, it was on his right side. Maybe I was seeing things due to being "worked up", but my step dad who was with me claimed to see the same thing. I also got an orb in one of my pictures there but lost it when my previous computer crashed.

I am still kind of skeptical of ghosts/paranormal but I keep an open mind to the fact that it may be real.

Last edited by crazycooter91; 10-14-2012 at 22:59..
crazycooter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 19:25   #191
crimdelacrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER View Post
at 1 point "scientists" jumped up and down swearing that the earth was flat. just because you can't prove something right now dosen't mean it won't ever be proven.

i loathe scientific zealots just as much as i hate religious zealots. everybody needs to knock off the "THIS IS THE WAY IT IS AND THAT'S THE END OF IT!" attitudes.

as human beings we are nothing more than cells that makes up the flea that rides the dog that's living in just 1 yard, so on and so forth.
Thought you and gt might like this

Was watching a loch ness special on the internet somewhere. Not saying I really believe in loch ness or anything...but..

The special interviewed a scientist that has worked loch ness for the majority of his professional carrer. He was not a crazy and seemed to be very normal. He shot down every piece of evidence and reason that something big lived in the loch. He verbally admitted that he firmly believed that nothing was in the lake. This was interesting...since his camera with a zoom lens never left his side. The interviewers asked why he had a camera. He has carried the camera every day for years "just in case." hahaha. I need to find that special again.
Old 10-14-2012, 19:58   #192
racer11

I never believed in ghost story's until I had my own experience.

It was at my Grandmothers farm house near Fairplay, Missouri (for the Missouri GTers)

Summer before my experience (1958 or 59), my mother was visiting and sleeping upstairs,,something woke her up and she looked out in the room and could see the figure of a man of short stature in coveralls. It freaked her out and she grabbed her bedding and ran down stairs and spent the rest of the night on the couch. She told her story to my Grandma in the morning and Grandma replied to her that she was goofy.

Year later during the summer I was in the same room sleeping and something woke me up suddenly !! I can not explain the sense of presence around me,,, it was the most overwhelming feeling I have ever had. But there was no doubt to me that something was looking at me,,,I layed in bed just frozen afraid to move. I did not know what to do really,,,during that time I could hear some litle faint noises like something being moved around,,,things that go bump in the night kind of noise. I don't know how long I just layed there but I finally decided to just make a sudden run for the stairs. I got up the courage and bolted out of bed and ran for my life and made it down stairs. I woke my mom up and told her that something was up there.

30 years later I was at a family renuion and I brought up the farm house and the ghost I experienced. By that time my mother was passed and grandmother was passed as well. My cousins all saw the ghost and they told me that my Grandmother saw it twice,,their sightings were after my experience. I was the only one that did not see the ghost but felt its presence. It was a feeling I can never explain in common description and I feeling I will never forget.

I want to go back to that house and talk to the owners and see if they have ever seen what we saw.
Old 10-14-2012, 20:25   #193
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayB View Post
I used to post in threads like these...

But some butthole would invariably blast in and insult those who shared their experiences; then the mods would robotically lock the thread, thereby punishing the wrong people—i.e., the contributors that shared their stories—by wasting their efforts and time.

So, no more....
IIRC from one or more previous years, you were willing to PM those who requested it the information you would otherwise have posted?

If IIC, I would appreciate you sharing your experience with me back-channel.
Thanks.
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 20:28   #194
crimdelacrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckdog View Post
I experienced a similar thing. I woke up at 2am with the realization that my grandmother had died. I did not see her but I knew that she had passed. When I walked into the kitchen the next morning, my parents were at the table grieving. I aske them what time she died, it was exactly when I woke up and 'knew'.
I've been an RN for almost 20 yrs, and worked some home health and hospice during this time. There are things that happen that are unexplainable.
Ok this is actually very similar to what happened to me. Again, I don't know if I believe in ghosts or anything but this happened to me just a few years back and is completely true. You may just say it is coincidence.

I had a dream that I was going to the bathroom down the hall in my great grandmother's nursing home (she was around 102 years old I believe). I walked out of the bathroom down the hall and into her room. My family was in her room looking sad and said she is "gone." I woke up the next day, bewildered by the dream's randomness and specificity. It is hard to explain. I carried on and went over to a friend's house.

I got a call from my mom. Gran was unconscious and was not responding. We got in the car and drove to my mom's home town. She was laying in bed and taking weird, labored breaths and appeared as if she was sleeping...except she couldn't be woken. The nurses said they see this sometimes...Nobody knew what to do. We all sat around her and prayed and cried. As we stood up and discussed what we should do next if there was anything we COULD do, I decided to excuse myself to the bathroom because we had just gotten out of a car after a somewhat long trip. She had been breathing like this for a good while and I thought surely she would not go while I stepped out for a minute. I went down the hall and didn't even think about the dream the night before.

I got back to the room and everyone was standing in the exact same place they were in my dream...no longer discussing what they were when I had left the room.

She had died moments before.
Old 10-14-2012, 21:01   #195
r3dot

great stories. sub'd
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 22:52   #196
MrGlock21
NRA Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
But to each his own.

I support anyone who wants to believe whatever they want. As long as they don't try to push their views on me. However, that is exactly what happens in organized religions. I get people knocking on my door. I get laws passed based on what "God wants." Heck, even for little things like no alcohol sales on Sundays, God's will. And it gets more serious when God is telling our president what to do....and of course telling us what kind of science our children are or are not allowed to learn.

Sorry, but this discussion naturally leads right into religion and politics. Can of worms here.

But again, I'll support anyone's right to believe. Until they push it on me.
No you don't. Not really. You won't support anyone's right to believe. Your lack of self awareness is sad. At best, you tolerate, because you have to, in a framework of non violent civilisation at least.

No matter what anybody believes, being it the Good Lord of the Bible, Buddha ...or the Spaghettimonster in Secularia, will translate into behaviour and actions accordingly. So unless somebody else believes exactly the same as you do, there will always be friction and a "push it on me".

Don't be thin skinned. Religious people knocking on your door? Big deal. Do you despise sales men in equal measure?

Last edited by MrGlock21; 10-15-2012 at 00:02..
MrGlock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 23:51   #197
MrGlock21
NRA Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer11 View Post
I never believed in ghost story's until I had my own experience.

On the same note… I never “believed” in demons until I witnessed and collaborated in someone’s genuine exorcism.
And it isn’t even a matter of ”believe”, because BELIEVE suggests an interpretation based on structured faith. Nor is it perception, because it is more than eye & ear “nerve-experience”. It is discernment. That’s the closest I can get with words.
Language is a lousy tool to describe and cope with supernatural/spiritual/meta-physical entities. So I digress
Old 10-15-2012, 00:00   #198
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky View Post
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 00:48   #199
SMOKEin

I never looked into anything like this, but is the odd ability to know the unknown at times, "paranormal"?

For example, when we are sitting here and for no reason one was to tell his wife what the daily pick 3 numbers will be and they come in right then? Or when someone turns to his wife and says "XYZ" is going to call and it happens. If I was to try and do anything on purpose, I couldn't. But when it just pops into my head, its almost always right.

Freaks my wife out to the point that I don't say what I "think" is going to happen anymore, but she often catches a look on my face and ask's if I knew that was going to happen. I must be a superhero and now realize it.
Old 10-15-2012, 00:51   #200
Hawaiiglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza187 View Post
I have a chance to add more details to mine to keep this discussion going.

In our house (I was a child, but some things you do not forget) I remember seeing a small black man with a great big hand. I would estimate his body size to be that of maybe an old school GI Joe but one of his hands was the size of a baseball glove. He had no facial features he was completely black. (strange thing is I was talking to somebody else 20+ years after the fact and she said she had seen something similar in her house 250 miles away). I only saw this creepy little guy once, but he made an impression on me. I am the only one in the house who saw this thing. I was so freaked out by this thing that I left the room, and I swear I heard the footsteps behind me as I ran to my parents room.

[Enter my parents as witnesses to the story] I ran into my parents bedroom and told them there was something in my room and the told me to go back to bed. They heard me walk back down the hall and close my door. My dad said something to my mom about what was going on. That's when I replied, I don't want to go back to my room. They were like WTH we heard somebody walk back down the hall and go back into your room!?

Foot steps and noises like that were common occurrences in the house. Sometimes people heard weird howling noises. Sometimes the noises were very loud. There were crashing sounds, sounds of glass shattering. We had a big chandelier in the living room, and we heard it crash to the ground (or so we thought) it was a loud awful noise and you could hear everything breaking. My dad went in to investigate... NOTHING had happened. That kind of stuff happened a lot.

There were vast temperature changes in the house, and they seemed to be related to the odd happenings. Usually around the time some of this weird "stuff" was happening the temperature would drop sharply. These happenings were often accompanied by a strong smell of lilac... who knows what that was all about.

There were weird power issues in the house. Lights would turn on by themselves, stereo would come on by itself. The lights turning off and on by themselves was a very common thing. We were gone on vacation and our neighbor later asked about the "timers" on our lights. My parents were like we don't have those. Our neighbor didn't believe them because he had been seeing the lights turn on and off regularly in our house while we were gone.

The thing that ran the guests off was the physical encounters. People have been shoved and choked in the house. For example, my mom was standing on the stairs, and said the felt two hands give her a push down the stairs while home alone. There was NOBODY in the house to do this to her. In another incident my grandfather, was attacked by something one night. He said he was sleeping and felt actual hands around his neck. He fought it off, but could not see anything. This kept happening over and over.

One could say we are a bunch of crazy people. Who knows, that may be true. However, none of us involved had ever had an experience such as this before living or visiting this house. None of the us have had any such experiences outside of this house. All of these odd happenings are tied to this ONE location.

Whether or not there was some sort of ghost/entity/spirit/poltergeist, I cannot say. I know there was something going on. Maybe science could explain it, but it leads me to believe that there was something paranormal actually happening. If science can explain it, I would be really happy to hear what they have to say. (I have heard that high CO levels in a house can cause hallucinations) I tend to doubt that explanations, the lights and stuff were witnessed by people OUTSiDE the house.

Funny you mentioned flowers, it brought back memories of a weird experience that I had.

It was 1 or 2 in the morning and I was headed to my girlfriends house to spend the night. I was traveling on a road that had very few houses and no street lights. As I came around a curve in the road I saw a tall dark shadow (like 6'+) standing on the shoulder of the road. I blinked and it was gone. I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me, but just as I was shrugging it off the most intense smell of a local flower (Pikake) suddenly came into the air. It was so strong it was almost sickening, even if my car was filled floor to roof with flowers I don't think it could have given off the aroma that I was smelling. The smell stayed strong for about a 1/4 mile then totally disappeared. It wasn't scary but just plain weird.
Hawaiiglock is offline   Reply With Quote