SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-11-2012, 14:19   #61
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
It's never been about blame but safety. It's pretty easy to argue anything that makes the process less safe, is less desirable. Sure you can reload watching tv, but it's less safe. Sure you can use TG, but it's less safe. It always comes down to the guy pulling the handle, but why handicap yourself? There are other equal & arguabley better choices.
Driving fast on a racetrack is less safe then staying home and watching or playing it on a video game. I still did it for years. People use Titegroup because they like how it feels when you shoot it. Plus it works well. I don't know a single fast powder as good for jacketed as TG. For potential speed and availability of load data.
Old 10-11-2012, 17:53   #62
Hoser
Mall Ninja

Quote:
There are other equal & arguabley better choices.
For you. Not for me.

Reloading and shooting is not safe. Either is driving to the range.

I fly airplanes for a living. I take enough chances there. If I thought I was taking a chance using Titegroup I would not use it.

Gonna have to agree to disagree, I mean continue this in another TG bashing thread.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:59   #63
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
Driving fast on a racetrack is less safe then staying home and watching or playing it on a video game. I still did it for years. People use Titegroup because they like how it feels when you shoot it. Plus it works well. I don't know a single fast powder as good for jacketed as TG. For potential speed and availability of load data.
You did wear helmet & safety harness, so you are limting your risk. Doing otherwise woukld be foolsih. So IMO, laoding w/ TG, especially for noobs, is like racing w/o a helmet & harness.
Yeah, I ahve raced, jumped out of airplanes, hunted DG, etc, but I always gave myself the best chance to not get injured, I see reloading & shooting in the same light.
As to TG being all that & a bag of chips, it just isn't really. A 147gr bullet @ 800fps is just that. Diff powders do have diff recoil impulses, but unless you are at the master class, you aren't really benefitting or even feeling it. Like buying the most expensive gun isn't going to make you a master classs shooter. Again, JMO.
So I'll continue to bash it & try & direct noobs into something "better". It is my mission. The other is getting Obama out of office. Both require getting people to give up their preceptions.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 10-11-2012 at 18:02..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 18:51   #64
Hoser
Mall Ninja

Quote:
As to TG being all that & a bag of chips, it just isn't really. A 147gr bullet @ 800fps is just that. Diff powders do have diff recoil impulses, but unless you are at the master class, you aren't really benefitting or even feeling it. Like buying the most expensive gun isn't going to make you a master classs shooter. Again, JMO.
I shoot 124s as I dont care for 147s.

And your right, I am not a USPSA Master. Have not been a M since late 2001.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 22:02   #65
SARDG

Quote:
...As to TG being all that & a bag of chips, it just isn't really. A 147gr bullet @ 800fps is just that. Diff powders do have diff recoil impulses, but unless you are at the master class, you aren't really benefitting or even feeling it. Like buying the most expensive gun isn't going to make you a master classs shooter. Again, JMO. ...
I am a Master in GSSF - though I really shoot like an Amateur... But I'm most definitely benefiting from those powder-puff loads (for me, more like ~890fps with a 147). I estimate that the less felt recoil allowing faster follow-up shots has conservatively knocked 10% off my stock gun times. And I shoot the same loads in Steel and IDPA.

But with a great deal of consistency, my fastest times at any given multi-division GSSF match are with my (rather costly) Unlimited Glock - though I have to run that at 1050fps with a 124.

So Fred......
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:29   #66
RWE

There are plenty of powders that you can double charge, TG is not any more special than those. Some are make this into "the spoon makes you fat" argument...
RWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:13   #67
Colorado4Wheel

I can definitely feel the difference between Power Pistol and a fast powder like Titegroup. Does that make me shoot better? Probably. Because shooting is a mental game as well.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:18   #68
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

90% of it is half mental.
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:40   #69
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWE View Post
There are plenty of powders that you can double charge, TG is not any more special than those. Some are make this into "the spoon makes you fat" argument...
Well yes, but TG has one of the lowest volume to charge wts of ANY powder, so it's a whole lot easier to miss a dbl in a larger case. Kind of the point.
Quote:
I can definitely feel the difference between Power Pistol and a fast powder like Titegroup. Does that make me shoot better? Probably. Because shooting is a mental game as well.
Well duh Steve. I doubt most could tell the diff between say TG & WST though. That was my point about not being able to tell the diff in recoil. Sure, add almost double the powder to get the same vel & make it a blaster like PP, a non shooter could tell the diff.
I like TG shooters though, I treat them kindly, misguided people should be given deference.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 10-12-2012 at 09:45..
Old 10-12-2012, 15:29   #70
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post
90% of it is half mental.
Zombie for the win FTW!!!

Reloading

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 15:36   #71
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Glad someone got it...
Old 10-12-2012, 16:13   #72
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post
Glad someone got it...
I recognized it right away. I grew up in St. Louis in the same neighborhood as Berra - just 20 some-odd years behind him.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 17:32   #73
blastfact

I shoot TG in 9mm and .45acp. Not a issue one. I have other powders when I want to go solid max or above on my loads / +P or +P+ so to speak. Need to get my LGS to order me another jug.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 18:47   #74
tnpatriot

Hey , if you like TG ,then use it , I don't like it , so I use something else. What is the point of an argument about it ? Oh yeah ,I forgot, that's just what keyboard commandos do

Last edited by tnpatriot; 10-13-2012 at 16:44..
tnpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 22:00   #75
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpatriot View Post
Hey , if you like TG ,then use it , I don't like it , so I use something else. What is the point of an argument about it ? Oh yeah ,I forgot, that just what keyboard commandos do
And you are typing on what at the moment?
Old 10-12-2012, 22:36   #76
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Little TG and cayenne on cottage cheese is pretty good. Also gives a little zip to your copenhagen.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:15   #77
unclebob

Quote:
Hey , if you like TG ,then use it , I don't like it , so I use something else. What is the point of an argument about it ? Oh yeah ,I forgot, that just what keyboard commandos do
Itís a slow day. Nothing else to do. Besides no one says anyone has to read or even comment on any posts.
GSSF Life Member
Old 10-13-2012, 07:22   #78
unclebob

Quote:
I was in the Air Commandos for about 2 weeks. Does that count?
GSSF Life Member
Old 10-13-2012, 16:48   #79
tnpatriot

Quote:
And you are typing on what at the moment?
So, did I strike a nerve ?? I called and you answered.You Keyboard Commando fellers sure are a touchy bunch

Last edited by tnpatriot; 10-13-2012 at 16:49..
tnpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:53   #80
fredj338

Quote:
So, did I strike a nerve ?? I called and you answered.You Keyboard Commando fellers sure are a touchy bunch
double

Last edited by fredj338; 10-15-2012 at 13:47..