Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:45   #1
Glock!9

Send a message via AIM to Glock!9
FOP fundraiser to be held for cop in punch video

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=8844746
Old 10-12-2012, 11:10   #2
nursetim

YOYO Lt., you seem to have anger issues.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:18   #3
frizz

The thread about this incident in GNG got the lock.

The facts I gleaned from the vid are:

She had been spraying silly string in the direction of a different group of officers, but I couldn't tell if she hit any of them. Even if she missed, isn't the attempt disorderly conduct?

Someone else threw the water that hit the LT -- in fact, some of it hit her.

Even though she isn't spotless, I fail to see why he decided a punch to her mouth was needed to take her into custody.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 15:45   #4
nursetim

Mistaken heabeus grabus you van walk away from. Mistaken punch in the face, not so much. I do not see him as a victim in this. Unless of course he didn't punch miss thing, then yeah, he's being railroaded.

This is one of the reasons I didn't do well in law enforcement, I'm not my guys right or wrong kind of guy, especially if they are wrong.
Old 10-12-2012, 23:08   #5
scottydl

I dare anyone to put themselves in that kind of high-tensioned dynamic situation (essentially a street riot with various threats of attack and unknown physical objects coming from all directions) and see if you act differently. Of course he could have handled it differently. But IMO his response wasn't too far over the line either.
scottydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:48   #6
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
The thread about this incident in GNG got the lock.

The facts I gleaned from the vid are:

She had been spraying silly string in the direction of a different group of officers, but I couldn't tell if she hit any of them. Even if she missed, isn't the attempt disorderly conduct?

Someone else threw the water that hit the LT -- in fact, some of it hit her.

Even though she isn't spotless, I fail to see why he decided a punch to her mouth was needed to take her into custody.
He may have thought she spit on him and that would warrant a "beech slap".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:13   #7
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

I've never had a woman try to use a deadly weapon on me, that's why I've never hot one. I see no reason to ever hit a woman unless she has me in mortal danger.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:56   #8
merlynusn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
I've never had a woman try to use a deadly weapon on me, that's why I've never hot one. I see no reason to ever hit a woman unless she has me in mortal danger.
Many officers can attest to the fact that their worst fight was with a skinny 100# woman.

And your chivalry is great for you, but that is not what our job is. We don't know hit people randomly, it's in the course of affecting an arrest using the least amount of force that is reasonable in the circumstances.
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:32   #9
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
Huh?

If a woman (or ANYONE) has me in mortal danger, they're gonna be in mortal danger right back. Why would only only hit someone (or ANYONE) of they were trying to kill you? That makes no sense. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but with that attitude, I hope you're not a cop.

The worst fight I've ever been in was a 270 pound felon who didn't want to go back to jail. The next 10 worst ones were 100 pound women. Anyone who thinks a 100 pound woman can't hurt you with her hands/nails/teeth/feet, etc, has never been attacked by one. When it happens, that's not the time for chivalry, or good manners.
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 13:01   #10
nursetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
He may have thought she spit on him and that would warrant a "beech slap".
No, in fact it doesn't. Nickel bracelets, yes. A punch in the face, no way. Been spit on way to many times, disgusting yes, punch worthy, nope. Kick me in the jumbly bit would get you a punch quick fast and in a hurry though.
Old 10-13-2012, 13:27   #11
frizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynusn View Post
Many officers can attest to the fact that their worst fight was with a skinny 100# woman.

And your chivalry is great for you, but that is not what our job is. We don't know hit people randomly, it's in the course of affecting an arrest using the least amount of force that is reasonable in the circumstances.
If she had fought, all bets (chivalry) are off, and I'd be 100% behind him. But she didn't fight, and he didn't need to punch her in the mouth. That's why I don't support him.

That said, it looks like he is going to lose his pension, and that is excessive.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 17:05   #12
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Some of the roughest rodeos were with smaller females. Watched one kick her dad in the junk while two of us were wrestling her into cuffs because of her drunken behavior.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 18:33   #13
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
There are reasons I would rather work in a male prison, verses a female one. Those little miscreants in the female joint can become claws, teeth, and feet in a heartbeat. Not to mention, there is the fact that females who live together have a tendency to develop having their monthly together.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:56   #14
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Some of the roughest rodeos were with smaller females. Watched one kick her dad in the junk while two of us were wrestling her into cuffs because of her drunken behavior.
That hurts just thinking about it. I did hit a large woman years ago. She was up in my face when I was a bouncer working through college. She was huge and looked like Bertha buttt...bigger than me... Acted like a man and got tossed out like a man..

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 10-13-2012, 21:20   #15
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
No, in fact it doesn't. Nickel bracelets, yes. A punch in the face, no way. Been spit on way to many times, disgusting yes, punch worthy, nope. Kick me in the jumbly bit would get you a punch quick fast and in a hurry though.
I'd consider a punch or kick to my junk deadly force on their part. You kick me hard enough and (any man in here knows this) I'm out of the fight for at least a few seconds. What can they do to me in that time frame? Take my gun? Stab me? Not to mention the severe injury the strike itself will cause. I can articulate it.

And again, I'll vote for the 100# 17 year old who put up a hell of a fight and them broke the sliding door of my partition.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 22:44   #16
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
I'd consider a punch or kick to my junk deadly force on their part. You kick me hard enough and (any man in here knows this) I'm out of the fight for at least a few seconds. What can they do to me in that time frame? Take my gun? Stab me? Not to mention the severe injury the strike itself will cause. I can articulate it.

And again, I'll vote for the 100# 17 year old who put up a hell of a fight and them broke the sliding door of my partition.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
I fully agree. I have been hit so hard that they swell up and I have to be carried off so I know exactly what you mean. Man, that hurts just writing about it.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 10-14-2012, 00:06   #17
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynusn View Post

You left out the part about the woman being on PCP. No doubt most officers are just trying to avoid hurting a violent female.
Old 10-14-2012, 00:13   #18
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
Huh?

If a woman (or ANYONE) has me in mortal danger, they're gonna be in mortal danger right back. Why would only only hit someone (or ANYONE) of they were trying to kill you? That makes no sense. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but with that attitude, I hope you're not a cop.

The worst fight I've ever been in was a 270 pound felon who didn't want to go back to jail. The next 10 worst ones were 100 pound women. Anyone who thinks a 100 pound woman can't hurt you with her hands/nails/teeth/feet, etc, has never been attacked by one. When it happens, that's not the time for chivalry, or good manners.
That only holds true for women. I come from a family where my mother was physically abused. At age 9, I made a vow to never hit a woman unless my life was in danger. I've got scars from a number of violent women whom I did my best to control without striking them. I took up Judo to increase my ability defend myself without resorting to striking someone.
I have no issue puting a man's lights out in ANY defensive situation.
Old 10-14-2012, 00:37   #19
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
You can always write out the articulation to start off until you can catch your breath...

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 10-14-2012 at 00:38..
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:51   #20
A6Gator

Maybe he was trying to brush a fly off her shoulder...