SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:02   #41
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Yeah, it's called GI - General Issued. You get what you're issued.
Very true. How about the guys who are working for the same .mil yet can pick what gear they use? More often than not you'll see the same optics on their weapon systems. That speaks volumes to me.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:03   #42
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Can you please answer my specific questions?

Is the glass as clear and bright? Is the dot as crisp and clear? Are the optic adjustments similar?

I'm not asking about build quality, I want to know how it actually works for a human being with eyes.
How old were you when your mom finally stopped breast feeding? The info you are looking for has already been stated.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 13:06   #43
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
How old were you when your mom finally stopped breast feeding? The info you are looking for has already been stated.
How old were you when you flinked out of Logic 101?

You're weird dude, this is the second time you and I have done this run-around. You answer someone elses question in a general fashion. I subsequently ask a TOTALLY DIFFERENT question, and for some bizzare reason you think your previous answer to someone else's totally different question, answers mine.

WTF is wrong with you, can you not answer a simple couple of SPECIFIC questions?

Once again; How does the actual optical glass compare? How does the reticle/dot look between the two? Is the glass as clear? Is the reticle/dot as crisp?

If you answer that you've already answered these questions, you're a ****ing retard.

Last edited by M&P15T; 10-12-2012 at 13:19..
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:34   #44
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbandit View Post
I get issued an ACOG on my A4 rifle. I work on aircraft. That sight will never see more than dust and neglect. My rifle would probably be 100 percent fine with a lower cost optic or no optic at all.

When things are going correctly.

Didn't we just have a Marine CO of a Harrier company die a few weeks ago in a gunfight?

You may just be an aircraft mechanic, but that doesn't mean your rifle will never see action.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:36   #45
jeepinbandit
Sgt. USMC

Send a message via Yahoo to jeepinbandit
The PA micro I have has a very crisp and clear dot. The glass has a bluish tint to it but it's not that noticeable. It's as clear as looking though two pieces of glass gets.
Old 10-12-2012, 14:40   #46
jeepinbandit
Sgt. USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
When things are going correctly.

Didn't we just have a Marine CO of a Harrier company die a few weeks ago in a gunfight?

You may just be an aircraft mechanic, but that doesn't mean your rifle will never see action.
Yup the CO and one of the Sergeants as well as all of their aircraft.

There's no telling how much money we spent getting all those optics on there and for the average Aviation Marine they aren't needed. The carry handle would work just fine and save a slim amount of weight. Hell we're getting Marines out of boot camp now that haven't even shot with iron sights now.

IIRC we pay about 5 or 600 dollars per RCO. Not sure how many we have no but I can't remember the last time I saw iron sights on the rifle range. Probably 08 or 09 time frame.
Old 10-12-2012, 14:45   #47
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Yeah, the carry handle would work just fine, right up till you actually have to get in a gunfight.

Just because you're an aircraft mechanic, doesn't mean you will never go outside the wire, or the danger will not come in.

There are a lot of non 0311's who've gone out of the wire, and put rounds down range. I even know an air-winger or two who's been part of aircraft recovery operations.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
Old 10-12-2012, 14:45   #48
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
The PA micro I have has a very crisp and clear dot. The glass has a bluish tint to it but it's not that noticeable. It's as clear as looking though two pieces of glass gets.
Thank you.

I did find a Youtube video directly comparing the PA and the H1/T1. Said exactly the same thing.

One point was that the Aimpoints came in either a 4MOA or 2 MOA dot, and the PA came with a 3MOA dot.

Seems like if you're not jumping out of planes over Afghanistan, one would serve it's function perfectly well.
Old 10-12-2012, 14:46   #49
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Yup the CO and one of the Sergeants as well as all of their aircraft.

There's no telling how much money we spent getting all those optics on there and for the average Aviation Marine they aren't needed. The carry handle would work just fine and save a slim amount of weight. Hell we're getting Marines out of boot camp now that haven't even shot with iron sights now.

IIRC we pay about 5 or 600 dollars per RCO. Not sure how many we have no but I can't remember the last time I saw iron sights on the rifle range. Probably 08 or 09 time frame.
It's heartening to hear our folks are getting the good stuff as standard.
Old 10-12-2012, 15:08   #50
jeepinbandit
Sgt. USMC

Quote:
Yeah, the carry handle would work just fine, right up till you actually have to get in a gunfight.

Just because you're an aircraft mechanic, doesn't mean you will never go outside the wire, or the danger will not come in.

There are a lot of non 0311's who've gone out of the wire, and put rounds down range. I even know an air-winger or two who's been part of aircraft recovery operations.
Going out to fix downed helicopters is a common occurrence lol. They actually just had to go out to the Arizona Desert the other night with a maintenance crew to fix a Cobra that had to land out there due to a tail rotor problem.

I understand everything you are saying and get it but at the same time how many of those aircraft mechanics actually return fire or come under fire that isn't IDF?

It's pretty rare. I'm all for whatever they want to give us I'm just saying it's not really necessary for everyone to have a 600 dollar optic on top of their rifle. I put down the same argument for camoflauge uniforms when the subject comes up.

Edit- I could also see the argument that it's a supply issue. Everyone having the same optic, (though we use two different RCOs between the A4s and M4s and it's common to be issued a rifle with the wrong one) simplifies the supply chain.

Last edited by jeepinbandit; 10-12-2012 at 15:11..
jeepinbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 15:28   #51
matt_lowry123

Nice sbr.

This is just me, but I'd put a can and an aim point on it. Hell, I'd ditch the whole 5.56 upper and keep it in the safe and get a 300 blackout upper. You already have the registered part. 300 blackout for fun and 5.56 for shooting cheap.
matt_lowry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 15:43   #52
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Quote:
Going out to fix downed helicopters is a common occurrence lol. They actually just had to go out to the Arizona Desert the other night with a maintenance crew to fix a Cobra that had to land out there due to a tail rotor problem.

I understand everything you are saying and get it but at the same time how many of those aircraft mechanics actually return fire or come under fire that isn't IDF?

It's pretty rare. I'm all for whatever they want to give us I'm just saying it's not really necessary for everyone to have a 600 dollar optic on top of their rifle. I put down the same argument for camoflauge uniforms when the subject comes up.

And what I'm telling you, is that its a poor argument.

DART teams, in country, have come in contact, fairly regularly. Generally speaking, contact, is the reason we went out to fix the bird in the first place.

In 05/06 our DART and Crash Recovery assets were coming under fire quite a bit, either on station, or enroute to the aircraft. We were issued M-16A2's instead of the M-4s the flight crews got, because we didn't need anything more. The mechanics aren't getting shot at, why did they need Acogs and red dots etc.

Just because you're inside the wire today, and have a job that doesn't require front line service, does not mean you won't have a need for your rifle, and good optics tomorrow.

But I might just be biased. I was the guy in the dirt in 06 with an A2, now I'm the platoon sgt making sure his guys get the Acogs.

Old 10-12-2012, 16:02   #53
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
But I might just be biased. I was the guy in the dirt in 06 with an A2, now I'm the platoon sgt making sure his guys get the Acogs.
ACOGs are not reflex sights. They are short scopes. Sure, some of them have the built-in mini red dots as backup or whatever, but ACOGs are not red dots by nature but actual telescopic sights.
Old 10-12-2012, 16:03   #54
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Very true. How about the guys who are working for the same .mil yet can pick what gear they use? More often than not you'll see the same optics on their weapon systems. That speaks volumes to me.
Which guys and which gears? Every time you see an M4 of some sort from the snake eaters, they either have an ACOG or an Aimpoint or an EOTech.

So, which spec op expert's gear configuration should I follow?
Old 10-12-2012, 16:16   #55
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
ACOGs are not reflex sights. They are short scopes. Sure, some of them have the built-in mini red dots as backup or whatever, but ACOGs are not red dots by nature but actual telescopic sights.

Uh, I understand this.

Has nothing to do with what Jeepinbandit and I were talking about.

I was specifically addressing his statement, that as a aircraft mechanic in the Marines, he'd be just as well off with a low budget reflex, or iron sights, as an ACOG.

Old 10-12-2012, 16:41   #56
jeepinbandit
Sgt. USMC

I'm generally agreeing with ya.
Old 10-12-2012, 19:59   #57
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
I was specifically addressing his statement, that as a aircraft mechanic in the Marines, he'd be just as well off with a low budget reflex, or iron sights, as an ACOG.
As an aircraft mechanic in the Marines, he'd get what Uncle Sam's Misguided Children issues to him, be it an ACOG, Elcan or whatever the Gyrines use. He wouldn't get the chance to put a Primary Arms or NCStar on his rifle.

Last edited by fnfalman; 10-12-2012 at 21:26..
fnfalman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 20:02   #58
doc540

I drive used BMW's so now I'm looking for a used H1.
doc540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 20:25   #59
onebigelf

Is Primary Arms having a problem? Went to order a couple of Micro Dots and they are out of stock on ALL of their own sights.

???WTF???

John
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 20:28   #60
doc540

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebigelf View Post
Is Primary Arms having a problem? Went to order a couple of Micro Dots and they are out of stock on ALL of their own sights.

???WTF???

John
Popular products.

They've been sold out of stock for 6 months now.

Bought my last one used off the net.
doc540 is offline   Reply With Quote