GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 13:23   #26
SGT HATRED

Dammit I'm just getting more upset, that is an excellent question... I'm gonna give my local office another call.
SGT HATRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 13:23   #27
bmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
IN your mailbox?

Like a regular single-mail-box-on-a-post type mailbox? SFH or apartment complex/2-family/?? ?

I can honestly say my name has never been INSIDE my mailbox. My mail goes there, and it has my name on it, but. . .

Hell, I've mailed crap to people who DON'T live at a house and it got delivered.

Perhaps I'm confused.

EDIT:

Here are the reg's for single mailboxes (mailboii??):

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usp...eType:embedded

NAME is not required, just reco'd.

Yes in just a regualar standard sized mailbox on a post for a residential home. It was my impression that you just needed the numbers on the outside, the lady said we needed our last name inside the mailbox. Seems silly to me but whatever. The best part was how she just drove by the house everyday, one day my wife and I were maybe 10 yards from her both of us working in the yard. Fantastic customer service.

Last edited by bmoore; 10-09-2012 at 13:24..
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 14:37   #28
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT HATRED View Post
My mistake? I have recieved mail for almost 2 years at this address. Now without warning they stop my mail because of a handwritten sign? Thats some BS right there...
I see the sign as a warning. I do agree it SHOULD have been IN your box. Maybe many others didn't have names so they made one note for all.
It could be new delivery person. Old one knows the (extra) folks names but new one does not. Its NOT encouraged to give private mail to wrong person. So they ask you to put all names of folks who will receive mail at this address. You don't/they don't deliver mail....
Then again the mailman who retired would stop/hand me mail if he saw me on his route (before my place/ask if I had any outgoing as it saved him a mile backtracking)
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 16:42   #29
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

I don't have my name on my mail box. The mail keeps on comming.
Old 10-10-2012, 15:13   #30
Cmacc

Interestingly, I recently rented a PO box in the lobby of a post office. I am constantly receiving previous renter's mail so apparently they don't even follow their own rule in their own boxes.
Old 10-10-2012, 19:01   #31
Myke_Hart
Handloader

Not my or anyones name has never been inside or outside of any of our mailboxes in the 40 years I have been alive.

My current mailbox doesn't even have numbers on it, the house has numbers but not near the box.

Looking at the mis-delivered mail we have gotten throughout the years. The number and zipcode is the only thing that matters. The Ocupant Name and Street name do not appear to matter. I have mail with the wrong name and wrong street name but correct house number and zipcode delivered all the time.

I think you have a disgruntled worker imposing rules that don't exist.

Got Guns? Does she know about it?
Myke_Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 19:35   #32
SGT HATRED

That sounds about right myke...
Old 10-10-2012, 19:54   #33
Naelbis

Count yourself lucky that the Postal Service will even deliver to you. No rural delivery in my area so it is really a pain to get anything shipped to meeven with UPS or FedEx. Half the time I can't even order things since they tell me "no such address found" when I try to purchase even though it ships FedEx.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:29   #34
Myke_Hart
Handloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelbis View Post
Count yourself lucky that the Postal Service will even deliver to you. No rural delivery in my area so it is really a pain to get anything shipped to meeven with UPS or FedEx. Half the time I can't even order things since they tell me "no such address found" when I try to purchase even though it ships FedEx.
Yes those web address verification applications suck.
I got tangled in one yesterday. My order would not go thru because I used 123 East main st. The verification software says "We could not find your address, did you mean 123 E MAIN ST" Lame...

Got Guns? Does she know about it?
Myke_Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 23:28   #35
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT HATRED View Post
Short rant but I am extremely pIssed none the less. I moved In wIth my then gIrlfrIend over 2 years ago. I have been recIevIng my maIl for the vast majorIty of that tIme. About a month ago I see thIs wrItten on the maIlbox.
The Okie Corral

SInce It Is wrItten In magIc marker I dIdn't really thInk anythIng of It. Now fast forward to today. I ordered multIple Items form Amazon and haven't receIved them. When I trIed trackIng the package It's reason was "undelIverable due to Incorrect address" I found thIs strange sInce I made no changes to my account. So I call the post offIce and was told that sInce my name was not wrItten on the InsIde of my maIlbox I can not recIeve packages. As you can tell from the pIc It Is a cluster box but we do have our own street address. I can't understand how thIs Is legal. WIthholdIng my maIl when the only notIce Is a hand wrItten statement addressed to no one. If the sellers on amazon try to recharge me for shIppIng I am serIously goIng blow a gasket.

GettIng Into what Ifs here but, what If I had some tIme sensItIve maIl I dIdn't recIeve due to thIs BS? What about addItIonal shIppIng charges I mIght recIeve? Can I hold the post offIce responsIble for those due to theIr lack of formal warnIng? I'm consIderIng wrIttIng my name wIth a nasty note but I don't know. If I legally changed my address on my state ID I don't feel the need to put my name out there (or on the InsIde of my maIlbox) for randoms to see.

Ugh spellcheck got the better of me. I'm not going through and changing all those I's
The name or address should be inside the box. that is not your responsibility. But if you knew about the boneheaded writing you should have written a number inside the box. I guess that shows why the USPS has lost its way.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 23:33   #36
SGT HATRED

I find it strange. I recieved a letter and a package yesterday. So it seems that the post office is picking and choosing which days they want to deliver my mail.... An no I did not write my name in the box.
Old 10-11-2012, 23:47   #37
Radam3

Been in my house over 10 years. I have never had my name or address on the box. I still get mail and any packages that i order that are delivered through usps that are too big to fit in the box, end up on my doorstep.
A few years back when i got a new carrier, THEY taped a piece of paper to the inside of the mailbox door, with just my address on it. And i assume they only did that cause i live on a corner and my address is on a different street than my driveway and mailbox. Never once did they mention anything to me about it...

O.P. What'd you do to piss off your mail person???

Before you can lead, you must refuse to follow
Old 10-11-2012, 23:53   #38
SGT HATRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radam3 View Post
Been in my house over 10 years. I have never had my name or address on the box. I still get mail and any packages that i order that are delivered through usps that are too big to fit in the box, end up on my doorstep.
A few years back when i got a new carrier, THEY taped a piece of paper to the inside of the mailbox door, with just my address on it. And i assume they only did that cause i live on a corner and my address is on a different street than my driveway and mailbox. Never once did they mention anything to me about it...

O.P. What'd you do to piss off your mail person???

Before you can lead, you must refuse to follow
Not a damn thing. Never once said a word to them.