GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 16:32   #251
Hrsuhd
Senior Member
 
Hrsuhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregons Bay Area
Posts: 481
If he received multiple shots, the injection site would most likely be a give away as to what one caused an allergic reaction. And in the whole scheme of things, it doesn't matter which one caused it because the treatment is the same. Steroids, block histamines (pepcid, benadryl) reduce inflammation, protect airway.


Shouldnt we try to find out which one caused it so we can avoid it inthe future?
Hrsuhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 16:32   #252
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,792


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrsuhd View Post
Kind of speaks for its self if you have one choice thats it if you have five you have to take time to figure out which one it is.
There's nothing left to say at this point. You're an idiot.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 16:33   #253
Hrsuhd
Senior Member
 
Hrsuhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregons Bay Area
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Masters level immunology in a forum post? Sure. Wanna learn organic chem today too?
So tell me why it is bad to space them out?

Last edited by Hrsuhd; 10-11-2012 at 16:40..
Hrsuhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 16:35   #254
Hrsuhd
Senior Member
 
Hrsuhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregons Bay Area
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
There's nothing left to say at this point. You're an idiot.
Really name calling again?Why?
Hrsuhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 16:41   #255
mace85
NRA GOA USPSA
 
mace85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrsuhd View Post
If he received multiple shots, the injection site would most likely be a give away as to what one caused an allergic reaction. And in the whole scheme of things, it doesn't matter which one caused it because the treatment is the same. Steroids, block histamines (pepcid, benadryl) reduce inflammation, protect airway.


Shouldnt we try to find out which one caused it so we can avoid it inthe future?
The injection site on the left deltoid is developing hives and is itching. Chart said that was the MMR. Manufacter uses unicorn urine as carrier. Boom. Mystery solved, stay away from vaccines containing unicorn urine.
__________________
"Have a gun, stack the deck, load the dice, and cheat."

My Blog www.aox4.blogspot.com
mace85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 16:50   #256
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,792


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrsuhd View Post
Really name calling again?Why?
It's just self evident at this point.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 18:01   #257
Hrsuhd
Senior Member
 
Hrsuhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregons Bay Area
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
It's just self evident at this point.
Let me ask you this question.How many studies from (take your pick) 10 20 30 40 years ago have been confirmed or refuted.
Hrsuhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 18:07   #258
Hrsuhd
Senior Member
 
Hrsuhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregons Bay Area
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mace85 View Post
The injection site on the left deltoid is developing hives and is itching. Chart said that was the MMR. Manufacter uses unicorn urine as carrier. Boom. Mystery solved, stay away from vaccines containing unicorn urine.
O k my impression was that these things could be present without external shows.
Hrsuhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 19:31   #259
mace85
NRA GOA USPSA
 
mace85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 488
All vaccines show a reaction at the site. That's the nature of a vaccine. But when anaphylaxis occurs (rare) usually skin lesions appear more severe. Theses massive rxns are usually systemic. That being said the risk of a huge life threatening rxn is less than the risk of contracting a lethal childhood disease. Another reason they give them all at once is kids tend to be exposed to all those bugs in the wild at the same time. Why bother vaccinating for rubella when he is going to get one of the other three diseases covered in the shot.
__________________
"Have a gun, stack the deck, load the dice, and cheat."

My Blog www.aox4.blogspot.com
mace85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 22:12   #260
sputnik767
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrex View Post
Vaccines are not bad, our perversion of them is, don't be a cheerleader for corporate medicine.
Please elaborate on your point. What is the perversion that you are talking about.
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 22:16   #261
sputnik767
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrsuhd View Post
Its cute that that you did not read my post and replied any way I was asking about a shot containing a single vaccine vrs a mutiple vaccine shot .
I dont recall nor is it in my post anywhere that I think they make up the shots in the office.
Why do you say the doctors are vested in my kids. They are not, they are vested in thier wallets and the wallets of pharmaceutical companies(again not all but a percentage).
You may want to reread or read my post i never read the artical and dont care to.
Are you a doctor, is that why your offended?
Probably decades of research? Now thats a great fact to latch onto.
And name calling really? How sophmoric.
Where exactly did I call you a name. And I am not offended in the least, but I am bothered by the kind of weapons-grade stupidity that flows from your posts. In any case, you clearly missed the entire point of my post. Why don't you go back and read it again.

Last edited by sputnik767; 10-11-2012 at 23:37..
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 22:18   #262
sputnik767
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrsuhd View Post
Did you miss the part about the flyer/phamplet concerning posssible death .
You mean the same pamphlet that you get with probably every drug on the market? You going to stop taking ibuprofen because of the risk of GI bleed? Or tylenol because of the rusk of fulminant hepatitis. Want me to list the official side effects of tylenol that are considered serious? Because they would scare you. Want to guess how many people develop those reactions from it? If you are wondering why people are calling you stupid on this forum (note that I never called you stupid directly), it's because you cling to your belief like your life depends on it, and refuse to be educated even though you are absolutely wrong. Not to mention that you were unable to backup anything you have said. The problem is, you are putting not only your kids at risk, but everybody who is willing to believe you.

Last edited by sputnik767; 10-11-2012 at 22:30..
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 23:27   #263
sputnik767
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrsuhd View Post
So tell me why it is bad to space them out?
Umm, this is your game and your assertions that you have to back up. Nobody here is going to provide supporting evidence for assertions that you made up. Why don't you provide scientific evidence as to why it is bad to follow the schedule as outlined by the CDC. You know, the one that was developed over decades of objective, peer-reviewed scientific research, and is likely reviewed on an annual basis to take any new findings into account.

While you are at it, please give me a brief synopsis of how cell-mediated immunity works, how vaccines stimulate it, how reactive and memory B and T cells form and activate, and maybe touch on why some vaccines are live-attenuated and some are killed, and some are subunits of immunogenic proteins from the pathogen. And then tell me why you can never get the flu from the flu injection, despite what you hear people say (hint: the answer is in the previous sentence). Since you clearly don't have the slightest idea regarding even basic immunology and are stubborn to the point that you refuse to listen to people who know what they are talking about, maybe you can educate yourself.
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 23:31   #264
dbcooper
Senior Member
 
dbcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,138
I have a son with Autism. I have read everything I can find, I've talked with some of the best specialists in the world, I've searched through every study I can find. I have found nothing that points to vaccines as the cause. It's looking more and more like a genetic problem possibly linked to environmental factors.

I have twins that were born not long after he was diagnosed and they have been vaccinated, with a few changes to the schedule just to keep them from getting so many at once. The MMR was split up into 3, they never got more than one per office visit. They did get all but 1 by the time they were ready to start school. I saw no point in the hep vaccine since it is a disease you get through bad choices. Why give a newborn a shot for something you get through sex and needles? They had no other risk factors. They'll get that one when they are older and then we'll discuss the HPV vaccine.
__________________
A broad brush paints a lousy picture, lacking the nuance and details of life's realities. As a young man my paints were black and white, with age came a palette holding many shades of gray.
dbcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 23:39   #265
mace85
NRA GOA USPSA
 
mace85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 488
I think the hep one is great to get young. Before kids know not to touch blood and proper hand hygiene. For instance a kid in your kids class falls and breaks a nose, getting exposed to feces via hand to hand contamination, etc.
__________________
"Have a gun, stack the deck, load the dice, and cheat."

My Blog www.aox4.blogspot.com
mace85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 23:47   #266
dbcooper
Senior Member
 
dbcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mace85 View Post
I think the hep one is great to get young. Before kids know not to touch blood and proper hand hygiene. For instance a kid in your kids class falls and breaks a nose, getting exposed to feces via hand to hand contamination, etc.
I've got them mixed up, they have one left. Maybe it's the HPV I'm thinking of because they did have everything the school required.. Anyway my main point was with one autistic aleady the rest still got theirs. If I believed there was even a remote chance of a problem I wouldn't have done them.
__________________
A broad brush paints a lousy picture, lacking the nuance and details of life's realities. As a young man my paints were black and white, with age came a palette holding many shades of gray.

Last edited by dbcooper; 10-11-2012 at 23:53..
dbcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:28   #267
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member
 
.264 magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 16,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
I have a son with Autism. I have read everything I can find, I've talked with some of the best specialists in the world, I've searched through every study I can find. I have found nothing that points to vaccines as the cause. It's looking more and more like a genetic problem possibly linked to environmental factors.

I have twins that were born not long after he was diagnosed and they have been vaccinated, with a few changes to the schedule just to keep them from getting so many at once. The MMR was split up into 3, they never got more than one per office visit. They did get all but 1 by the time they were ready to start school. I saw no point in the hep vaccine since it is a disease you get through bad choices. Why give a newborn a shot for something you get through sex and needles? They had no other risk factors. They'll get that one when they are older and then we'll discuss the HPV vaccine.

That's a great post. However, certain types of HEP (A and C maybe) are often passed via contaminated food etc.


ETA - I just saw your post above. I'm glad you are thinking rationally about your children vis a vis vaccines and all.
__________________
The Gonzales Flag - "Come and Take It!"

Last edited by .264 magnum; 10-12-2012 at 07:30..
.264 magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:10   #268
sputnik767
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
That's a great post. However, certain types of HEP (A and C maybe) are often passed via contaminated food etc.


ETA - I just saw your post above. I'm glad you are thinking rationally about your children vis a vis vaccines and all.
Hep A is associated with contaminated food, and has no association with hepatocellular carcinoma or chronic hepatitis unlike Hepatitis B and especially C. Even Hep b will resolve on it's own the vast majority of the time, whereas Hep C will progress to the chronic state around 3/4 of the time.
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:27   #269
LSUAdman
Pew Pew
 
LSUAdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,761
You know, it's times like this that I am glad there are experts that are willing to take the time and explain things like this on GT.
__________________
~ Adman
WARNING: This post contains contents known to the state of California to cause high blood pressure, asinine comments and foot in mouth disease in liberal posters. Nanny state discretion is advised.
LSUAdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:47   #270
Hrsuhd
Senior Member
 
Hrsuhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregons Bay Area
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
You mean the same pamphlet that you get with probably every drug on the market? You going to stop taking ibuprofen because of the risk of GI bleed? Or tylenol because of the rusk of fulminant hepatitis. Want me to list the official side effects of tylenol that are considered serious? Because they would scare you. Want to guess how many people develop those reactions from it? If you are wondering why people are calling you stupid on this forum (note that I never called you stupid directly), it's because you cling to your belief like your life depends on it, and refuse to be educated even though you are absolutely wrong. Not to mention that you were unable to backup anything you have said. The problem is, you are putting not only your kids at risk, but everybody who is willing to believe you.
Did you read the part where I said I get my kids vaccinated?
It was shot specific.
No I asked for information but got "get in line look at the ground do what your told" with the exception of MACE who was cordial and explained a couple things.
I never said the way its being done is wrong I said its not the way I do it and got told I was wrong.
How am I putting my kids at risk.
What is going on right now with the steroid shots is a prime example of why I try to error on the side of caution. Anything canhave a bad production run.

A few years ago for work we were offered the the hep b vaccine . We were all asked if we had gotten the series before and if we were not sure not to get it it could cause problems. I took the series got my titer and was not immune.
and was told I needed to retake the entire series I asked about what I had been told before. I was told oh that changed.Nobody could give my the why or how. They could tell by my tiiter numbers that I probably immune so I decided to not take the chance. again erroring on the side of caution.
My op does not include anything about autism.

Why is spacing out the vaccines wrong. Not the first time Ive asked this no one will answer.

Last edited by Hrsuhd; 10-12-2012 at 10:53..
Hrsuhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:17   #271
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member
 
.264 magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 16,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
Hep A is associated with contaminated food, and has no association with hepatocellular carcinoma or chronic hepatitis unlike Hepatitis B and especially C. Even Hep b will resolve on it's own the vast majority of the time, whereas Hep C will progress to the chronic state around 3/4 of the time.
Awesome post. Thanks for the clarification and detail.
__________________
The Gonzales Flag - "Come and Take It!"
.264 magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 15:01   #272
sputnik767
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrsuhd View Post
Did you read the part where I said I get my kids vaccinated?
It was shot specific.
No I asked for information but got "get in line look at the ground do what your told" with the exception of MACE who was cordial and explained a couple things.
I never said the way its being done is wrong I said its not the way I do it and got told I was wrong.
How am I putting my kids at risk.
What is going on right now with the steroid shots is a prime example of why I try to error on the side of caution. Anything canhave a bad production run.

A few years ago for work we were offered the the hep b vaccine . We were all asked if we had gotten the series before and if we were not sure not to get it it could cause problems. I took the series got my titer and was not immune.
and was told I needed to retake the entire series I asked about what I had been told before. I was told oh that changed.Nobody could give my the why or how. They could tell by my tiiter numbers that I probably immune so I decided to not take the chance. again erroring on the side of caution.
My op does not include anything about autism.

Why is spacing out the vaccines wrong. Not the first time Ive asked this no one will answer.
I am not going to go in circles with you. See my post #263 for my response to that question. Simple answer is because it means your kids are not immune for longer periods of time or they may not develop sufficient immunity if the schedule is not followed. You seem to ignore posts that you don't like. If you don't want to scroll up and read it, I'll summarize it here: the burden of proof is not on us to defend something that you made up. The burden of proof is on you to justify why you think the CDC schedule is wrong (if you don't agree with the schedule or don't follow then you think it's wrong. There can be no other interpretation). If you can't do it (and you haven't thus far), then you are simply refusing to admit that you just don't have a clue. Spouting feel-good BS about toxins isn't going to cut it. And since the schedule is backed up by peer reviewed research, you are not going to be able to argue against it, and the more you try, the more foolish you look.

Last edited by sputnik767; 10-12-2012 at 15:04..
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 00:04   #273
sports-shooter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 73
Hmm...

People with polio, meningitis or smallpox are healthier?
sports-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:19   #274
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
I am not going to go in circles with you. See my post #263 for my response to that question. Simple answer is because it means your kids are not immune for longer periods of time or they may not develop sufficient immunity if the schedule is not followed. You seem to ignore posts that you don't like. If you don't want to scroll up and read it, I'll summarize it here: the burden of proof is not on us to defend something that you made up. The burden of proof is on you to justify why you think the CDC schedule is wrong (if you don't agree with the schedule or don't follow then you think it's wrong. There can be no other interpretation). If you can't do it (and you haven't thus far), then you are simply refusing to admit that you just don't have a clue. Spouting feel-good BS about toxins isn't going to cut it. And since the schedule is backed up by peer reviewed research, you are not going to be able to argue against it, and the more you try, the more foolish you look.

Any smart person would not only space vaccines out, but pick and choose which ones to get. I've yet to hear a doc tell me this was a bad idea...matter of fact, my kid's pediatrician agrees that it' s great idea because of all the problems that can arise when children are given multiple vaccines in one injection.

Last edited by tantrix; 10-14-2012 at 02:39..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:30   #275
Mr Spock
Vulcan
 
Mr Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Any smart person would not only space vaccines out, but pick and choose which ones to get. I've yet to hear a doc tell me this was a bad idea...matter of fact, my kid's pediatrician agrees that it' s great idea because of all the problems that can arise when children are given multiple vaccines in one injection.
If it is so obvious to "any smart person" then you must have a mountain of scientific, peer reviewed evidence that shows the CDC schedule is dangerous or incorrect. Please, provide even one of these sources.

Last edited by Mr Spock; 10-14-2012 at 08:31..
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:23.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,234
386 Members
848 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42