Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2012, 18:03   #126
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Judaism doesnt concern itself with what you think Judaism is. You cant even begin to fathom what you DONT know about it, in spite of what you think you know. Judaism has no mission to spread itself or even the truth about what it is.

For a simple example, you have never read the Torah. You have read a translation of one part of the Jewish works known as the Torah and viewed it through a Christian lense.

This isnt about who is right or wrong, because I am not interested in that debate. That is a religious debate and those are pretty useless. This is about puting data points on the table.

Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 18:13   #127
Diesel_Bomber

I've definitely seen things in this house that I can not explain. So has my wife, so have others. Including more than one person seeing the same thing at the same time.

I put myself in the category of believing in SOMETHING.

Ghost. Demon. Alien. No clue.

So far they've been polite and benign. As long as this continues, they are welcome in my house.
Old 10-10-2012, 18:22   #128
Gray_Rider

Never "saw" anything resembling a ghost, but I lived in a house for 13 years that was haunted. I heard strange "household" sounds from time to time. IE. A drawer being pulled open-complete with drawer handles tapping- though all my drawers were of the knob variety. Plastic bottles being pushed over. My tiny bathroom linen closet door slamming HARD-I never kept it open- and it was closed that night too. A hard THUMP on my headboard as I lay in bed one evening. The distinct sound of a large glass container smashing to bits on my hardwood floor above my head -I was in the basement below. Upstairs nothing amiss though I distinctly heard the loud crash and glass fragments skidding over the hardwood floor. The sound of a large bookcase falling over, complete with books and papers falling onto the floor, and a crash that felt like it shook the house. Again, nothing amiss in the room where the sound came from...

Just a few experiences in that house. Maybe I will include a few more experiences time permitting.

This stuff has been reported by the ancient Romans and other ancient cultures, but no...there is no such thing as ghosts etc. I was there and know others personally who have seen and heard unexplained things. I believe. Been there and done it.

Oh yes...once I was looking at one of my displays of relics from Lincoln's War. It was setting on my mantle leaning back against the fireplace stones behind it, when it flipped forward like someone had pushed it, and smashed on my hearthstones below. I saw it happen.

Gray_Rider
Deo Vindice!

Last edited by Gray_Rider; 10-10-2012 at 18:24..
Gray_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 18:31   #129
costanza187
I like Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Burger View Post
The Okie Corral

That sh** would freak me right out...

What is ^that thing called???
Old 10-10-2012, 18:49   #130
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

I don't know, but I'll mess its sh** up!
Hamilton Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 19:03   #131
Gray_Rider

Felt a "hand" on my shoulder once (same house above). Had two light switches turned off in two seperate rooms at the same instant (childhood home in Pa.) Felt fingers in my hair, (old courthouse Jacksonville Fla.) perported to be haunted by locals. I was alone in the records room to be exact.
I and former wife (now deseased) heard the door to my upstairs bedroom rattle as if someone was pulling on the door knob from the stairway side of the door. Three "Lugggg! Lugggg! Lugggg!" sounds as the door shook in its frame. I opened the door and pulled the knob from the stairway side. Made the exact same sound. She was too spooked to be alone the rest of that evening. We were still dating then and it scared her. BADLY.
Current wife heard a key in the front door (storm door was locked, no access to inside door) when the key was heard being pushed into the lock and the deadbolt being turned. She was badly frightened because I wasn't due home for hours yet, and the storm door lock wasn't disturbed. All in the house I lived in for 13 years.

Yeah, I'm just making all this up....Believe that if you wish. I, and they, were there when it happened. I don't doubt people now when they hear voices and see or hear strange things they can't explain. I belong to the same "club" as it were. I don't have any trouble believing most of them. I have similar stories to tell of my own.

Gray_Rider
Old 10-10-2012, 21:19   #132
MasterShake
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanglocking View Post
At one of my former jobs I was the executive chef at a new place and my average schedule was 5:30 am to 11:30 pm. This put me in the kitchen for long periods of time when no one else was there doing prep etc.. One night I was in the back hallway (alone, doors locked and alarm set) getting some spices from a rack and I felt something very distinctly touch my left shoulder. I spun around and saw nothing but went ahead and walked back into the kitchen and then walked into the dining area and bathrooms, checked doors and alarm. Kinda unsettled me a little but no big deal and I just chalked it up as nothing. Fast forward a few days and strange stuff started to happen, lights on when I knew they were turned off, cooler door slightly open, things on the wall would fall without any reason. So at this point whenever I'm alone I start getting these weird feelings of dread and fear near the back hall and the kitchen. I finally sat down with the owners and said "I know this is going to sound crazy but.." before I finished the sentence they both said "We know, we have a ghost". We started sharing stories and similar things had been happening to them also. The alarm system had started to trip the motion sensors in the back hallway at 3:14 am everyday and had happened so much it would fill up the hard drive. When we would watch the footage all you ever saw was some sort of smudge in the corner of the camera and then it was gone in the next frame. We did some digging and found out that the building was a Cuban grocery in the 80's and the guy had a check cashing place in it also. He was in the process of adding a kitchen when someone crawled down a unfinished vent shaft and murdered him in the area where the back hallway is now.The owners called a "medium" to come and cleanse the place and she said he was angry with me because he saw me as a threat to his authority since it was still his place. She also said she could detect a female in the building and after talking to a retired homicide detective who was a customer we found out that a Chinese lady was also murdered in the building in the 70's. I never believed in ghost but I never worked alone in that kitchen again. Even when one of the owners was there things continued to happen that we both witnessed together so I know it wasn't just my mind!
That's creepy as hell!! Especially the 3:14am part, supposedly 3am is supposed to be the demonic witching hour when ghosts and demons are most active.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 21:20   #133
MasterShake
Brew Crew

Quote:
The Okie Corral

Hell yeah!!
Old 10-10-2012, 21:32   #134
RayB
Retired Member

I used to post in threads like these...

But some butthole would invariably blast in and insult those who shared their experiences; then the mods would robotically lock the thread, thereby punishing the wrong people—i.e., the contributors that shared their stories—by wasting their efforts and time.

So, no more.

Score one more for the buttholes!

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 21:43   #135
MasterShake
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayB View Post
I used to post in threads like these...

But some butthole would invariably blast in and insult those who shared their experiences; then the mods would robotically lock the thread, thereby punishing the wrong people—i.e., the contributors that shared their stories—by wasting their efforts and time.

So, no more.

Score one more for the buttholes!

--Ray
Internet pseudo intellectuals with massive superiority complexes. What else in new on GT?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:30   #136
engineer151515

Quote:
The Okie Corral

The real McCoy looks much worse. Less humanoid. Black yet maybe 30% transparent (?). Tough to describe. What you sense in association with it's presence is worse than the visual. It is something that you hope just passes by and ignores you.

Last edited by engineer151515; 10-11-2012 at 05:35..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:40   #137
costanza187
I like Macs

The "thing" I saw, looked similar proportionally to what is in pic, (posted by Hamilton Burger) but not the same. I do not know what it is called Some have said it was a "shadow person", but from what I read about those is they are something caught out of the corner of your eye.... I was staring straight on at that "thing".

The "thing" had no visible eyes, in fact no facial features.

The body was more like:
The Okie Corral

...but had the one large hand like Hamilton Burger's pic.

I have always wondered if there is a name for what I saw, unless it was a shadow person.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:35   #138
AZLawDawg
Oh, Oh, Oh!!

I've heard the term "shadow material" used when referencing shadowy figures and such.
AZLawDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:32   #139
Deschain

The day my wifes grandfather died, I was playing a handheld scrabble game and got the letters ILOVEYO, in that order. Thats my .02.

The day I got it on was nice; it was a nice May morning.

Deschain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:36   #140
VaporLock24

I'll chime in later with my experiences..
VaporLock24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 13:02   #141
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

My dad's 100 year old wall clock ran down and stopped at the exact time of his death. I didn't notice it until the next day. It was pretty eerie.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 13:10   #142
amacro

Supernatural

The Okie Corral

The Doctrine of Resurrection

The Jewish religion is based on the first five books (the Pentateuch) of the Old Testament which Jews believe was written by Moses himself. These five books are referred to as “The Law.” The Sadducees, an elite hereditary class in Jewish society, were the official priests of the Temple and had a religious duty to teach and interpret The Law and to combat attempts by other religions to seduce Jews into worshipping false gods. The Sadducees taught that only the written Law had divine authority. The Sadducees did not believe in the doctrines of resurrection of the body, immortality of the soul, nor the existence of spirits and angels because Moses never mentioned those things in his writings so any such teaching had to be heretical. The Sadducees probably composed many hypothetical stories and situations based on Mosaic Law that ridiculed Christians for believing they would "rise after death." This parable is a Christian gematria riddle that secretely disproves the Sadducees by using their own Mosaic Law against them

The "rabbi" who has posted on this most interesting subject based on my reading is a Sadducee ie does not believes the dead will be resurrected- That is why he is is sad and aparently uncertain of what happens to us after death- That is why Jesus came and took our "sins" inherited from Adam and Eve so that we will have eternal life! My 2 cents which by the way is now worth 10 cents due to inflation
amacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 14:12   #143
CarryTexas

CarryTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 14:17   #144
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

The Okie Corral
Old 10-11-2012, 15:03   #145
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

You guys are challenging my "skillz" lol.

How's this?

The Okie Corral
Old 10-11-2012, 16:12   #146
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacro View Post
The Okie Corral

The Doctrine of Resurrection

The Jewish religion is based on the first five books (the Pentateuch) of the Old Testament which Jews believe was written by Moses himself. These five books are referred to as “The Law.” The Sadducees, an elite hereditary class in Jewish society, were the official priests of the Temple and had a religious duty to teach and interpret The Law and to combat attempts by other religions to seduce Jews into worshipping false gods. The Sadducees taught that only the written Law had divine authority. The Sadducees did not believe in the doctrines of resurrection of the body, immortality of the soul, nor the existence of spirits and angels because Moses never mentioned those things in his writings so any such teaching had to be heretical. The Sadducees probably composed many hypothetical stories and situations based on Mosaic Law that ridiculed Christians for believing they would "rise after death." This parable is a Christian gematria riddle that secretely disproves the Sadducees by using their own Mosaic Law against them

The "rabbi" who has posted on this most interesting subject based on my reading is a Sadducee ie does not believes the dead will be resurrected- That is why he is is sad and aparently uncertain of what happens to us after death- That is why Jesus came and took our "sins" inherited from Adam and Eve so that we will have eternal life! My 2 cents which by the way is now worth 10 cents due to inflation
You are stone cold dead wrong...and obviously so. It seems everyone knows this except you.

The traditional Judaism of today, is the Same Judaism of the Days of Jesus. Your scriptures flat out call it what it is, Pharisees. I am a traditional Jew.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharisees

After the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 CE, Pharisaic beliefs became the liturgical and ritualistic basis for Rabbinic Judaism, which ultimately produced the normative traditional Judaism which is the basis for all contemporary forms of Judaism except for Karaite Judaism.

Again, traditional Judaism is what it is, no matter what you think it should be.

There is no "Jesus" in Judaism. If Christianity never was or went away, nothing about traditional Judaism would change. You cant fit Jesus in Judaism and you cant redefine Judaism to Jews because it doesnt fit your Christian view. These things are true, EVEN IF your faith is right. Again, this is not a religious debate. You are trying to make it one instead of understanding how Judaism sees Judaism.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 16:31   #147
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

i say we all can the religion debate and just discuss paranormal stuff. I had a awesome ghost thread going once and the religion stuff got it locked, but its a cool topic and want to read more.

That said, never experienced anything paranormal before. And experience/seeing is believing. That said id love to experience it, but just dont believe
Old 10-11-2012, 16:35   #148
deadmanglocking

I agree, if you want to debate religion please open another thread for it. I'd really like to keep reading people's stories and not see this locked from all the back and forth arguing.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
deadmanglocking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 16:42   #149
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

my parents claim that when i was a little kid id point to a wall and ask who the woman on the phone was. My dads aunt used to live there and had a phone on that wall. It got removed before i was born.

Of course i was little and don't rember it, and kids have wild imaginations.

Im that killjoy skeptic who tries to debunk things, usually heat exange and draftes, alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine cause most weird things. Also, theres that in between between awake and asleep that'll affect things too
Old 10-11-2012, 16:42   #150
mhambi
Hegemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
My dad's 100 year old wall clock ran down and stopped at the exact time of his death. I didn't notice it until the next day. It was pretty eerie.
That's eerie and cool at the same time!

Not really 'paranormal', but just weird... in the cemetery I referenced above one of the interred had been hit by a train. His pocket watch somehow ended up embedded in his cheek (face). There was no physical damage to the watch, not even a scratch on the crystal, but it had stopped at the time of impact. Dr. couldn't figure out how it had been smashed into his head w/o any damage.

Last edited by mhambi; 10-11-2012 at 16:43..
mhambi is offline   Reply With Quote