SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-08-2012, 21:19   #101
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

What about the shooters grip, lol.........
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:15   #102
DaBurna

*Tagged for Future Reference*
This has me mildly concerned about my Gen3 G17 coming in this week.... I've held off on the Gen4 Plunge b/c of threads like this one. We Glockers are hoping and praying Glock FIXES this issue instead of trying to bandage it. I own all Gen3 Glocks with no major problems.

It almost seems that Glocks have gone the way of the classic W.German/Exeter discussion about Sig Quality.... Lets hope this is NOT THE CASE!!
DaBurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 23:12   #103
Raleigh Glocker

I'm still uploading a "Brass Not To Face" video showing my Gen 4 G23 from the same day. I honestly set out to make only ONE such video detailing the awesome ejection of both my Gen 4s, but that didn't work out.

I made a slow motion comparison of the ejection of both guns from that day at the range, and it reveals something I think is very interesting. Check it out.

ETA: You'll notice the spring loaded bearing is installed correctly in both guns.

Last edited by Raleigh Glocker; 10-08-2012 at 23:15..
Raleigh Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 00:07   #104
G23Gen4TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh Glocker View Post
I'm still uploading a "Brass Not To Face" video showing my Gen 4 G23 from the same day. I honestly set out to make only ONE such video detailing the awesome ejection of both my Gen 4s, but that didn't work out.

I made a slow motion comparison of the ejection of both guns from that day at the range, and it reveals something I think is very interesting. Check it out.

ETA: You'll notice the spring loaded bearing is installed correctly in both guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOAtSPHmgwU
We've known this for a while. It seems to be a "timing" issue with the ejection. Looks like the ejector puts too much spin on the case and the extractor is not letting go on time causing the case to over spin and hit the back of the slide.

How do you solve the problem? Who knows. It's probably an extractor design issue.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 00:24   #105
Tiro Fijo

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1446863
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 00:39   #106
larson1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
A range report from somebody with 100 rounds through one individual gun is supposed to prove what point exactly? Sure, in this case his wife's grip caused issues, but it would be ridiculous for you to assume that this is the case for everybody else who has experienced issues.
larson1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:40   #107
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP View Post
I was at a Glock Armorers class last week. Glock's response to the erratic ejection issue is:

(pick one or more)
It's not a wide spread problem that is hyped by the internet;
Check the ejector and RSA for the correct part;
If you have the correct ejector and RSA, send the pistol in for repair;
It could be caused by weak ammo;
It could be cause by limp wristing.

The instructor said it was not an extractor issue!

With all of these possibilities Glock has yet to explain why older Gen3 9mm Glocks run perfectly while newer Gen3 and Gen4 9mms are having issues.

I love my Gen4 9mms and hope the Apex extractor solves the erratic ejection issues.

Mike
Yep. And this goes back to my earlier stated theory, that Glock doesn't care that much because they are still selling guns.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:51   #108
4949shooter

And for what it's worth, I had my first BTF with my G20SF during my last range session which was right around the 1000 round mark for this pistol. More testing is in order, but I am hoping this is an anomaly.

I agree with Raleigh Glocker in that Glock should be (again) made aware this issue still exists with their guns. The videos I believe are helpful. Though I think Arc Angel may be right, in that it may take a large police or military contract to threaten to scrap their Glocks before the upper management at Glock takes a serious look at the issue.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:07   #109
mike from philly

The bounce explains the inconsistent ejection pattern since movement of the shooter differs between shots. Sometimes they are holding firm other times they are moving. Each of those movements affects when and where the case bounces.

I'd bet that if you put the pistol in a vice, it would eject perfectly because the pistol is static (that may GLOCK's method of testing by the way). Use the pistol in an dynamic way, and you'll end up with odd bounces.

member -
- Fighting For Your Right To Bear Arms
mike from philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:44   #110
Southwind

My take is that the extractor is not holding the case tightly enough so that the case tries to drop out, being held only by the next round. As best I can measure, the case can drop about 1/32 inch before the next round stops it. This means the ejector is hitting higher on the case than intended, destroying much of the uplift.

Secondly, because the extractor isn't holding tightly when the ejector hits, the extractor doesn't hold tightly enough to be a proper "hinge" to help the ejector kick the round to the right.

It would be very interesting (to me, at least) to see if your G23 will eject when there is no magazine present.
Southwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:10   #111
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Hilarious brother, 100 rounds........

And if that is you in the previous youtube video with the M&P 9C, you have absolutely NOTHING else to add here, because you can't even hold your pistol the right way......
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:10   #112
MAP

Quote:
Many people I know don't start to experience erratic ejection issues until the pistol has at least 500 rounds through it.

In all appearances the more the pistol is shot the more the issue surfaces.

Mike
MAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:28   #113
9mmdude

Quote:
That is your rebuttal? Hell do you think Obama won the debate too?
9mmdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:24   #114
di11igaf
ibew

Quote:
You seem to like to troll... Is that you- 1 post just to start a thread about how it ejected fine for him yet his wife limp-wristed it to get BTF.
Hmm.
Old 10-09-2012, 18:26   #115
bunk22

Quote:
General Glocking

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 19:17   #116
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike from philly View Post
The bounce explains the inconsistent ejection pattern since movement of the shooter differs between shots. Sometimes they are holding firm other times they are moving. Each of those movements affects when and where the case bounces.

I'd bet that if you put the pistol in a vice, it would eject perfectly because the pistol is static (that may GLOCK's method of testing by the way). Use the pistol in an dynamic way, and you'll end up with odd bounces.
That is a very interesting analysis.

As with bump firing, I wonder if an astute shooter can get it to consistantly eject in a certain pattern.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:23   #117
Raleigh Glocker

No surprise, but Glock won't send me parts because I'm not a certified armorer. Though Arc Angel won't approve (), I will be sending this off for them to examine on their dime.

FWIW, the tech was polite but very neutral on the issue. He very quickly said he'd email me a return label without giving me any sense about how often he's had to deal with this.

Old 10-10-2012, 16:30   #118
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

'Arc Angel' doesn't mind! I just don't regard the cost of shipping to be money well spent. (Especially when I already know that nothing significant - or genuinely remedial - is going to happen.)

Good luck!
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:53   #119
Raleigh Glocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
'Arc Angel' doesn't mind! I just don't regard the cost of shipping to be money well spent. (Especially when I already know that nothing significant - or genuinely remedial - is going to happen.)

Good luck!
As I said, they're sending me a return label, and I didn't even have to ask. This is no cost to me except time away from my G17, which isn't much fun to shoot right now, anyway.

Old 10-10-2012, 17:14   #120
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Really! You don't think somebody at the factory is reading GT; do you?

I called the factory too, my friend. There was no prepaid label for me! Hell, the service rep wouldn't even send me two lousy parts in order to attempt a simple extractor removal and repair on my own. He wanted me to be a certified armorer before he'd give the parts to me. I told him that's fine; but I'd pass. (I didn't want to give up the I.Q. points in order to become certified.)
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brass to face, g17, gen 4, wwb