SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2012, 00:09   #201
Smithers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Reading is one of those life skills that sometimes helps add information and puts things in context.

Geez, I missed that part. Is it your time of the month?

POST #1!!
Exclamations are for girls and grandmothers.
Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:15   #202
alwaysshootin

Pssst, jonesee has been gone since he last chimed in on post #21. Just saying.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19   #203
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
2 Points:

I have hunted all my life and have never seen a reason to carry a handgun in the woods or back country. Sure sign of someone who is uncomfortable there or just trying to play make believe.

And. When I carry in a car, the gun is unloaded and packed in a case.
Go hunting small game with a rimfire rifle in these parts and you had better be very good at climbing trees (if one is close) or carry a handgun. A rimfire will only make an angry hog angrier. Tell the hog he's only make believe and see where that gets you.
When I carry in a car, it;s loaded and ready to go. What's the point of having a locked handgun? Are you going to tell a car jacker and/or a rifle thief to wait while you unlock and load your gun?
Old 10-10-2012, 10:42   #204
wvkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ede View Post
From SE Ohio and I wouldn't go in the woods unarmed. Between dogs, dope growers, meth labs and the other normal stuff you might run into having a firearm or two is a good thing.
+1 I had 2 coyotes respond to my turkey calls this past april and they've recently upped the number of bear tags allowed due to the increasing numbers oh yea the southern wv pill epidemic is encouraging too
wvkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:45   #205
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
What makes it all the more disappointing is the abundance of "pro-gun" types on here who are so eager to blame the guy arrested for not knowing the law or having a permit.
Um, who else are we supposed to blame, George Bush?
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:48   #206
Jonesee

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
Pssst, jonesee has been gone since he last chimed in on post #21. Just saying.

Still here.
I just agree to disagree.

I am not going to start carrying a handgun while I am hunting. I never have, and never will.
I don't have a CCW permit so when I transport my hand gun it is locked and unloaded and the ammo is seperate.

If the man this post is about had done the same he wouldn't have been arrested. (and I feel bad for him. the arrest record won't go away even after he puts the charges to bed)

And Bren was "partially" right when he called me a FUDD (I had to look up the definition). I don't own any black guns. Not my style. Raised on a farm and have no use for them. Mine are used for hunting exclusively. I have a safe overflowing with hunting long guns, and 2 shelves filled with handguns (Glocks included). The Bows are hanging in the garage.

I am an NRA member and strong supporter of the 2nd amendment.

I thought there was room for everyone in the gun community and this forum, maybe not.

I'm too old to change my habits now, and I won't try to change anyone else's.

I see no point in arguing just to argue so this is the last comment I will make on this thread.

Last edited by Jonesee; 10-10-2012 at 10:57..
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:56   #207
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Meanwhile the legality of asking permission to exercise a right is glossed over... and people wonder why our rights are being eroded... it's because not enough people will step up and say NO to illegal infringements.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:05   #208
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
Meanwhile the legality of asking permission to exercise a right is glossed over... and people wonder why our rights are being eroded... it's because not enough people will step up and say NO to illegal infringements.
And we all share the blame for allowing the states to assume the power to take such rights from us.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:39   #209
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
I agree. Free Speech is almost gone too.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:05   #210
philipk

Quote:

Still here.
I just agree to disagree.

I am not going to start carrying a handgun while I am hunting. I never have, and never will.
I don't have a CCW permit so when I transport my hand gun it is locked and unloaded and the ammo is seperate.

If the man this post is about had done the same he wouldn't have been arrested. (and I feel bad for him. the arrest record won't go away even after he puts the charges to bed)

And Bren was "partially" right when he called me a FUDD (I had to look up the definition). I don't own any black guns. Not my style. Raised on a farm and have no use for them. Mine are used for hunting exclusively. I have a safe overflowing with hunting long guns, and 2 shelves filled with handguns (Glocks included). The Bows are hanging in the garage.

I am an NRA member and strong supporter of the 2nd amendment.

I thought there was room for everyone in the gun community and this forum, maybe not.

I'm too old to change my habits now, and I won't try to change anyone else's.

I see no point in arguing just to argue so this is the last comment I will make on this thread.
I am in your corner as this post could describe me. The only difference is I own a black gun and I have a CCW due to Ohio's laws about loaded magazines in automobiles.

That aside, the gun community should be big enough for all of us.

One observation, I have noticed that most of those who demand a narrow opinion on what gun owners should think were not raised with guns. They are mostly johnny come latelys.

To me a gun is a tool and not an item to be worshipped. I was raised with them and can not remember the first time I shot one. (Just like I can't remember the first time I watched TV.)

To quote you,

I thought there was room for everyone in the gun community and this forum.

G20 (OEM and Lonewolf 6" barrels), G23 (.40 + .357 SIG), G27 (.40 + .357 SIG), G35 (.40 and Lonewolf 9mm)
philipk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:07   #211
tj3752

Jonesee you probably would not have received so many replies if you would not of made the comment that you and any serious hunters would laugh at some one that carried a handgun hunting.
tj3752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:29   #212
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
I agree. Free Speech is almost gone too.
It all about going home safe and getting a pension...
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:16   #213
MacChiroCtr

Jonesee, you're absolutely doing the right thing. As I started to read this thread, I assumed you had a CHP and was kind of surprised at what you posted. Since you don't have the permit, I think it's quite obvious you're doing what's right for you. You're following the law, pure and simple.

When I carry in the woods, I'm not pretending or trying to be someone I'm not. But I also have the permit, so here in NC I'm doing what's right for me, AND I'm following the law, as are you.

Season's starting. Good hunting!
Old 10-10-2012, 16:50   #214
bmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
It all about going home safe and getting a pension...
Here is a link to some guys that don't have to worry about getting their pension. As a suit and tie warrior, look how much savings you got as a tax payer. Was it another gnarly day on your cell phone and computer all day?

http://www.odmp.org/search/year

Last edited by bmoore; 10-10-2012 at 16:51..
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:52   #215
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipk View Post
I am in your corner as this post could describe me. The only difference is I own a black gun and I have a CCW due to Ohio's laws about loaded magazines in automobiles.

That aside, the gun community should be big enough for all of us.

One observation, I have noticed that most of those who demand a narrow opinion on what gun owners should think were not raised with guns. They are mostly johnny come latelys.

To me a gun is a tool and not an item to be worshipped. I was raised with them and can not remember the first time I shot one. (Just like I can't remember the first time I watched TV.)

To quote you,

I thought there was room for everyone in the gun community and this forum.
There's room for him, of course, but we are reminding him that his view of hsndguns was a little narrow and that not everyone laughs at the idea of carrying a handgun while hunting.

If now he wants to leave the forum, that is his choice.

Or he could stay and be accepting of handgunners, and they will be accepting of him.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:19   #216
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Um, who else are we supposed to blame, George Bush?
Sarcasm, I hope.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 18:13   #217
Cole125
Silver Membership

1. Never speed or violate traffic laws with a firearm in your vehicle. Don't be stupid.

2. If a cop stops you DO NOT tell them you have a gun in your car. Don't ask, don't tell.

Last edited by Cole125; 10-10-2012 at 18:13..
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 18:15   #218
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Bummer. Any law abiding citizen may carry a loaded gun in their vehicle under the Texas Motorist Protection Act. Ohio needs some lessons from Texas.
Old 10-10-2012, 18:49   #219
dbarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Nonsense. Unless you beleive in fairy tales or that nothing ever happens in the woods and you don't have to worry about bears, or feral dogs, or stumbling over someones meth lab, then yeah, the woods are perfectly safe.

Then you're not carrying, you're just transporting.

And a carjacker's dream.
absolutely agree g29. Get your head out of the sand. In so ohio people have been shot stumbling across meth labs, marijuana fields, etc.

Know the state laws. Get CCW license for other states that give you recip to more states (CC bingo).
dbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 18:57   #220
dbarry

What the heck is with the gun "racism"? Black guns, white guns (stainless)? :O_

I don't get it. Who the heck cares what color the gun is? I tell you what, you get someone shooting at you with a gun and all you've got is your bow, you'll give your left xxxx (knee :O) for a black, green, or pink gun to shoot back.
dbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 19:10   #221
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
Bummer. Any law abiding citizen may carry a loaded gun in their vehicle under the Texas Motorist Protection Act. Ohio needs some lessons from Texas.
That's funny. You guys don't even have open carry. Have to ask government permission to carry off your own property.
Old 10-10-2012, 19:23   #222
ckrockets

Quote:
2 Points:

I have hunted all my life and have never seen a reason to carry a handgun in the woods or back country. Sure sign of someone who is uncomfortable there or just trying to play make believe.

And. When I carry in a car, the gun is unloaded and packed in a case.
There's no way to rule innocent men The only power .gov has is the power to crack down on criminals When there aren't enough criminals one makes them One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws
ckrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 19:27   #223
*ASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
That's funny. You guys don't even have open carry. Have to ask government permission to carry off your own property.
wait texas dont have open carry ???damn
Old 10-10-2012, 19:28   #224
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
wait texas dont have open carry ???damn
Lol! Nope. They only have half of the second amendment. Shouldn't really be lecturing Ohio.
Old 10-10-2012, 19:40   #225
Gray_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowl intent View Post
So Being a good ole NC boy, he took his handgun along with him. Well, he got stopped for speeding, and I'm not sure how or why this came up, but he volunteered that he had a handgun in the car. Turns out that it is a felony to carry a loaded handgun in Ohio, or at least that is what his hunting buddy relayed to me. Unfortunately he will have to spend the weekend in jail because he has to appear before a judge to have a bond set. This guy is in his 50's and has never seen the inside of a jail before this incident.

This started me thinking how careful you have to be when you travel from one state to another.
Sadly, a lesson to be learned. If it's not asked about, don't volunteer the info. Chances are the officer would not have guessed or asked about it unless it was a major speeding or reckless driving etc. Present your papers and keep your mouth shut. There was no reason to think (from your post) that he would have been given the third degree by the officer in question TILL he had to spill the beans.

He had the right to carry his pistol with him as long as he didn't violate the law. IE check rules and regs of states FIRST before trusting the kindness of strangers wearing badges. Follow said rules and regs to the letter or don't bring a pistol or long gun. EVEN HERE IN FLA.

There's a reason I live in the "Gunshine State" of Fla. that has generous reciprosity with almost all the states that are not People's Republics. IE. New York, New Jersey, etc.

Sad to hear about this, and this is isn't a beratement of your friend. Hope they don't cause him any more grief and I'll bet he won't be back to the "Buckeye State" or spend any money there any time soon. I wouldn't for sure!

With prayers for his timely release with the lowest price possible I remain...

Yours in The Cause,
Gray_Rider