Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 16:25   #1
countrygun

Just for information Ruger 10/22 TD

I have had mine for 6 weeks now and have just an impression to share.

I have never been a 10/22 fan (yes I know everybody loves them) even though I have ended up with a blued ans a stainless versionn' (I have over 20 .22s, sort of a "thing' with me) I just never cared for the fit of the stock and always felt the accuracy was well behind some of my older "classics" and I did not feel like tricking one out to get there.

Well I saw the first TD to show up at my LGS and was in a "what the heck?" mood. After 6 meeks I an firmly convinced that it is actually much more accurate than either of my old models, the stock fits me better, I like the larger mag release, oh yah, there is the takedown feature and the neat bag the comes with it. To boot, mine loves the cheap CCI blazer ammo

I think there is a good chance it is going to become my "handy" .22 rifle around the place.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 18:32   #2
CanMan

Glad your TD is working out for you. I've ended up 'tricking out' my 10/22s in the past.... maybe I'll pick up a TD and practice the don't fix it if it ain't broke mantra.
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 19:09   #3
Providence

The TD is on list "I want" list, and every time I read one of these positive reviews it "want" gets more important.
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18

Last edited by Providence; 10-09-2012 at 19:09..
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:55   #4
Nutt51

I bought one of these after many years of being without a
10/22. The only gripe I had was that my rear sight was way out of alignment, but a few taps fixed that. Also, when I put the
stock and front barrel section together they were a little off, so
again a hex wrench and a few minutes tinkering and they were fine.
I am really surprised at how much plastic, polymer, and mim parts are on some of our guns today. I am older, so I guess I remember my younger days when guns were all metal and wood.
I am not putting down Rugers, I have owned several and they make a nice gun. The 10/22 is a classic line and I'm sure mine will serve me well and I will pass it down to my Grandson.
It's a good choice and I would buy one again.
Shoot well and often.

"I figure that a man's only good for one oath at a time. I made mine to the Confederate States Of America".
"John Wayne", "The Searchers".
Nutt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:03   #5
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt51 View Post
I bought one of these after many years of being without a
10/22. The only gripe I had was that my rear sight was way out of alignment, but a few taps fixed that. Also, when I put the
stock and front barrel section together they were a little off, so
again a hex wrench and a few minutes tinkering and they were fine.
I am really surprised at how much plastic, polymer, and mim parts are on some of our guns today. I am older, so I guess I remember my younger days when guns were all metal and wood.
I am not putting down Rugers, I have owned several and they make a nice gun. The 10/22 is a classic line and I'm sure mine will serve me well and I will pass it down to my Grandson.
It's a good choice and I would buy one again.
Shoot well and often.
The majority of my collection are over 30 years old many of them much older and I love the old quality. But given the results I have had make it one of the few "new" .22s that impress me.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 16:13   #6
Chronos

Have to agree that a shockingly large fraction of new .22's on the market are disappointing. This one is really, really calling to me though. All stainless/poly (great for an extended period outdoors), and you can transport it without frightening/alerting people.
If you've already accepted that "violence against the innocent" is a morally legitimate means of funding the government, who are you to complain when the majority apprporiates your legacy and sells your children into a lifetime of debt slavery?
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 17:32   #7
nursetim

What are the prices y'all are seeing for these. At the last gun show in Las Vegas, it was $399.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 21:20   #8
DJ Niner

Gunshops in my local area are getting $300-$330 for them, and the pace of sales has slowed enough that there is usually at least one on the rack at each store.
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:51   #9
Chronos

$350 at Cabellas, $310 at Sportsman's Warehouse.
If you've already accepted that "violence against the innocent" is a morally legitimate means of funding the government, who are you to complain when the majority apprporiates your legacy and sells your children into a lifetime of debt slavery?
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:42   #10
rednoved
NRA Member

They are pretty neat.
rednoved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:38   #11
GlockPride
Glock 23

I'm definitely considering picking up one or two of these for good measure.
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 15:34   #12
mac66
Plant the seed

I already have 5 10/22s, don't need another. I shot a TD a couple weeks ago. It is a nice package and very tempting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:31   #13
NailShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
..... After 6 meeks I an firmly convinced that it is actually much more accurate than either of my old models.....

I bought one of the first wave to hit the dealer shelves. I would have to agree that mine appears to be more accurate than my circa 1980, 10-22. Not by much, but enough that I noted it myself. Maybe it was because the barrel hadn't had a chance to foul yet?

The machining on the barrel of my TD model appears to be first rate. The bore, rifling, crown, etc all appear to be done nicely and have excellent surface finish.

Nail
NailShooter is offline   Reply With Quote