SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 18:56   #101
JW1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Judaism doesnt concern itself with what you think Judaism is. You cant even begin to fathom what you DONT know about it, in spite of what you think you know. Judaism has no mission to spread itself or even the truth about what it is.

For a simple example, you have never read the Torah. You have read a translation of one part of the Jewish works known as the Torah and viewed it through a Christian lense.

This isnt about who is right or wrong, because I am not interested in that debate. That is a religious debate and those are pretty useless. This is about puting data points on the table.
That's what I love about Jews. They aren't going to come knock on your door trying to get you to convert. They don't tell you that you're going to hell if you don't. They don't even seem to want to argue who's right or who's wrong. They don't put people down for not being Jewish. Most hated group in the world and yet they don't let it get them down. My longest most dear friend is half Hebrew, and her father's side is 100%. Learned a lot about it from them. I learned that Judiasim is one of those religions where you can lean a whole lot about it, but you can't really become one. It's kind of like you are in or your not, but you can learn a lot from it and they welcome that, but if you don't want to, they don't care either way.

Reincardation is an odd subject. Really don't know what to think of it. My grandparents didn't believe in it until I was born. That's all I want to say.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 19:07   #102
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
That's what I love about Jews. They aren't going to come knock on your door trying to get you to convert. They don't tell you that you're going to hell if you don't. They don't even seem to want to argue who's right or who's wrong. They don't put people down for not being Jewish. Most hated group in the world and yet they don't let it get them down. My longest most dear friend is half Hebrew, and her father's side is 100%. Learned a lot about it from them. I learned that Judiasim is one of those religions where you can lean a whole lot about it, but you can't really become one. It's kind of like you are in or your not, but you can learn a lot from it and they welcome that, but if you don't want to, they don't care either way.

Reincardation is an odd subject. Really don't know what to think of it. My grandparents didn't believe in it until I was born. That's all I want to say.
Yeah, unless someone is threatening us, we dont care and dont really need to.

Just an FYI, though, a non Jew can become a Jew. 100% accepted and ready to marry our sons and daughters. It is just not easy and in general, not necessary unless you are compelled for the sake of heaven alone. Traditional Judaism does not seek converts. It is actually forbiden to seek converts.

All people have a path to G-d. The Jewish path is for Jews. If you are not Jewish, you dont need the Jewish path.

When King Solomon dedicated the first Temple, he beseeched G-d to answer the rightious prayers of non Jews. (Not for them to convert or the like) The Hebrew Bible is full of such sentiments.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon

Last edited by Rabbi; 10-09-2012 at 19:10..
Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 19:07   #103
chewybaca67

Send a message via AIM to chewybaca67 Send a message via Yahoo to chewybaca67
Quote:
I dont know if that is what happens but if it is, nothing is nothing. How else would we define the absense of all things?
Maybe by experiencing it? Then it could become "something." Alright, I ain't disagreeing with you nor do I presume to know the answer. So on that note, I'll find out at the end.

.....or is it a new beginning?
Old 10-09-2012, 19:09   #104
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewybaca67 View Post
Maybe by experiencing it? Then it could become "something." Alright, I ain't disagreeing with you nor do I presume to know the answer. So on that note, I'll find out at the end.

.....or is it a new beginning?
If there is nothing, there is no experience. If there is an experience, then there is something, whatever that is.

I am not arguing "what" there is. Just defining thing.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Old 10-09-2012, 20:07   #105
samuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
I love this thread!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

I HATE IT!

It freaks me out and I can't help but read the whole thing!

You people suck!!

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 20:34   #106
chewybaca67

Send a message via AIM to chewybaca67 Send a message via Yahoo to chewybaca67
Quote:
If there is nothing, there is no experience. If there is an experience, then there is something, whatever that is.

I am not arguing "what" there is. Just defining thing.
Gotcha.
Funny.
I had a vision of your colonial ancestors and my ancestors debating the exact same thing a couple of hundred years ago.
Old 10-09-2012, 20:39   #107
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewybaca67 View Post
Gotcha.
Funny.
I had a vision of your colonial ancestors and my ancestors debating the exact same thing a couple of hundred years ago.
You are going to have to rethink the "colonial ancestor" swipes when talking to most Jews.

I dont have any colonial ancestors. I come from a long line of Tzarist Russian peasants living in shtetls (oddly similar to Indians on a reservation). At some point prior to that,...sand people.

Old 10-09-2012, 21:12   #108
deadmanglocking

Tagged to add mine when not on the phone. Coming soon

deadmanglocking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 21:13   #109
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
I love this thread!!!
Yeah, it kinda did take a big left turn a while back.

Here's more

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 21:31   #110
Michael Rye

Quote:
You are going to have to rethink the "colonial ancestor" swipes when talking to most Jews.

I dont have any colonial ancestors. I come from a long line of Tzarist Russian peasants living in shtetls (oddly similar to Indians on a reservation). At some point prior to that,...sand people.
Hey, Rabbi.

Are you Orthodox, Conservative or Reform?

Just curious
Michael Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 21:33   #111
Historian
Lifetime Membership
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
I got a very similar feeling walking Dog Green, Omaha Beach at low tide. HH
Sacred land. I have spent a lot of time in that region of France. You can jog along those pristine beaches...but you never feel alone.

-Historian-
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 21:38   #112
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rye View Post
Hey, Rabbi.

Are you Orthodox, Conservative or Reform?

Just curious
I am, as of right now, a somewhat non observant Orthodox.

Old 10-10-2012, 00:21   #113
MrsKitty

I was in a wreck. I was alone in the car. The man who hit me saw a little girl standing in my backseat. After the wreck, my windshield had the imprint of a head in it. It was two years until I learned of the little girl who got of the care with me, followed me around, and finally left with me. The man testified to it at his disposition with his attorney trying to shut him up the whole time.

I spent a lot of time that day telling the state trooper, rescue squad and fire department that I was alone. Not a single one of them believed me, or the other witnesses. Luckily, the man who hit me only talked to the trooper and finally told me that he knew there was someone with me who had to have run and to promise him that I would get them to the ER. Later, the insurance adjusted flat out called me a liar.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:06   #114
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

A couple of our cats liked to sleep on the bed with us now and then. Hers liked to lay on my wife's legs, which drove her batty; mine liked to lay on my shoulder like king of the mountain, which after two shoulder surgeries got a little bothersome. So we started shutting the bedroom door at night.

Afterwards, more than once I've felt a cat hopping up onto the bed, padding around and settling down at the small of my back. And when I'd reached down to pet the good kitty there was nothing and no one there.

Then one night while on GT I felt the familiar sensation of cat rubbing against the back of my legs, which usually means he wants his belly rubbed.

So I reached under my chair to scratch his back or tug on his tail, but there was no cat there, nor could there have been: I was in my den with the door closed!

A little while later my son and his friend dug up a box in the backyard...

Hamilton Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:38   #115
costanza187
I like Macs

I have a chance to add more details to mine to keep this discussion going.

In our house (I was a child, but some things you do not forget) I remember seeing a small black man with a great big hand. I would estimate his body size to be that of maybe an old school GI Joe but one of his hands was the size of a baseball glove. He had no facial features he was completely black. (strange thing is I was talking to somebody else 20+ years after the fact and she said she had seen something similar in her house 250 miles away). I only saw this creepy little guy once, but he made an impression on me. I am the only one in the house who saw this thing. I was so freaked out by this thing that I left the room, and I swear I heard the footsteps behind me as I ran to my parents room.

[Enter my parents as witnesses to the story] I ran into my parents bedroom and told them there was something in my room and the told me to go back to bed. They heard me walk back down the hall and close my door. My dad said something to my mom about what was going on. That's when I replied, I don't want to go back to my room. They were like WTH we heard somebody walk back down the hall and go back into your room!?

Foot steps and noises like that were common occurrences in the house. Sometimes people heard weird howling noises. Sometimes the noises were very loud. There were crashing sounds, sounds of glass shattering. We had a big chandelier in the living room, and we heard it crash to the ground (or so we thought) it was a loud awful noise and you could hear everything breaking. My dad went in to investigate... NOTHING had happened. That kind of stuff happened a lot.

There were vast temperature changes in the house, and they seemed to be related to the odd happenings. Usually around the time some of this weird "stuff" was happening the temperature would drop sharply. These happenings were often accompanied by a strong smell of lilac... who knows what that was all about.

There were weird power issues in the house. Lights would turn on by themselves, stereo would come on by itself. The lights turning off and on by themselves was a very common thing. We were gone on vacation and our neighbor later asked about the "timers" on our lights. My parents were like we don't have those. Our neighbor didn't believe them because he had been seeing the lights turn on and off regularly in our house while we were gone.

The thing that ran the guests off was the physical encounters. People have been shoved and choked in the house. For example, my mom was standing on the stairs, and said the felt two hands give her a push down the stairs while home alone. There was NOBODY in the house to do this to her. In another incident my grandfather, was attacked by something one night. He said he was sleeping and felt actual hands around his neck. He fought it off, but could not see anything. This kept happening over and over.

One could say we are a bunch of crazy people. Who knows, that may be true. However, none of us involved had ever had an experience such as this before living or visiting this house. None of the us have had any such experiences outside of this house. All of these odd happenings are tied to this ONE location.

Whether or not there was some sort of ghost/entity/spirit/poltergeist, I cannot say. I know there was something going on. Maybe science could explain it, but it leads me to believe that there was something paranormal actually happening. If science can explain it, I would be really happy to hear what they have to say. (I have heard that high CO levels in a house can cause hallucinations) I tend to doubt that explanations, the lights and stuff were witnessed by people OUTSiDE the house.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:55   #116
xMyazXtr3me

I received a chair that my great great grandmother owned. Ever since I took it, we have had nothing but paranormal experiences happen. There's been times I come home from work and there's music playing in the basement and gets louder and louder as I go down and completley disappears when i get down there. One point I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like someone was bare hugging me and wouldn't let go. I couldn't scream or do anything. My doors open and close by themselves sometimes along with some lights. After experiencing some of this stuff I decided I wanted to make a visit to the Villisca ax murder house is Villisca Iowa. Very creepy place. Ghost adventures and ghost hunters have been there. Watch YouTube about it.

xMyazXtr3me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:54   #117
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

I have a friend who has lived in some places that were occupied with something. I never really experienced anything but at times this thing would even physically touch them and scratch them.

There are those who will simply shut their ears to this, but it's all demonic. The first thing to understand is that satan is the prince of this world. Then you have to understand that his main goal is to steal, kill and destroy...to deceive as many as possible. Demons look to dwell inside people (and objects) as well.

Ghosts, familiar spirits, whatever you want to call them do exist, and are in all aspects demonic. They have the ability to perfectly mimic, for example, a lost loved one. The purpose here is to get the person to doubt and question things. One of the most common ways is for someone to say they had an experience with a deceased loved one, leaving that person to believe that the loved one is still around, just roaming around as a ghost. They're called familiar spirits for a good reason.

Of course it is appointed unto man once to die then the judgement. The Bible is clear on this, but surely some will scoff that I would bring up the Bible and call it a fairy tale as well. Problem is, demons flee at the name of Jesus, no other name. There have even been accounts of alien (demons, fallen angels) abductions being stopped at the name of Jesus, and this is known, but not widely talked about.

Last edited by SDGlock23; 10-10-2012 at 08:56..
SDGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:16   #118
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Again, what makes a location paranormally "hot?" HH
Freon needs to be recharged.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:44   #119
deadmanglocking

At one of my former jobs I was the executive chef at a new place and my average schedule was 5:30 am to 11:30 pm. This put me in the kitchen for long periods of time when no one else was there doing prep etc.. One night I was in the back hallway (alone, doors locked and alarm set) getting some spices from a rack and I felt something very distinctly touch my left shoulder. I spun around and saw nothing but went ahead and walked back into the kitchen and then walked into the dining area and bathrooms, checked doors and alarm. Kinda unsettled me a little but no big deal and I just chalked it up as nothing. Fast forward a few days and strange stuff started to happen, lights on when I knew they were turned off, cooler door slightly open, things on the wall would fall without any reason. So at this point whenever I'm alone I start getting these weird feelings of dread and fear near the back hall and the kitchen. I finally sat down with the owners and said "I know this is going to sound crazy but.." before I finished the sentence they both said "We know, we have a ghost". We started sharing stories and similar things had been happening to them also. The alarm system had started to trip the motion sensors in the back hallway at 3:14 am everyday and had happened so much it would fill up the hard drive. When we would watch the footage all you ever saw was some sort of smudge in the corner of the camera and then it was gone in the next frame. We did some digging and found out that the building was a Cuban grocery in the 80's and the guy had a check cashing place in it also. He was in the process of adding a kitchen when someone crawled down a unfinished vent shaft and murdered him in the area where the back hallway is now.The owners called a "medium" to come and cleanse the place and she said he was angry with me because he saw me as a threat to his authority since it was still his place. She also said she could detect a female in the building and after talking to a retired homicide detective who was a customer we found out that a Chinese lady was also murdered in the building in the 70's. I never believed in ghost but I never worked alone in that kitchen again. Even when one of the owners was there things continued to happen that we both witnessed together so I know it wasn't just my mind!
Old 10-10-2012, 13:11   #120
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Paranormal Experiences
Yes........
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:12   #121
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanglocking View Post
At one of my former jobs I was the executive chef at a new place and my average schedule was 5:30 am to 11:30 pm. This put me in the kitchen for long periods of time when no one else was there doing prep etc.. One night I was in the back hallway (alone, doors locked and alarm set) getting some spices from a rack and I felt something very distinctly touch my left shoulder. I spun around and saw nothing but went ahead and walked back into the kitchen and then walked into the dining area and bathrooms, checked doors and alarm. Kinda unsettled me a little but no big deal and I just chalked it up as nothing. Fast forward a few days and strange stuff started to happen, lights on when I knew they were turned off, cooler door slightly open, things on the wall would fall without any reason. So at this point whenever I'm alone I start getting these weird feelings of dread and fear near the back hall and the kitchen. I finally sat down with the owners and said "I know this is going to sound crazy but.." before I finished the sentence they both said "We know, we have a ghost". We started sharing stories and similar things had been happening to them also. The alarm system had started to trip the motion sensors in the back hallway at 3:14 am everyday and had happened so much it would fill up the hard drive. When we would watch the footage all you ever saw was some sort of smudge in the corner of the camera and then it was gone in the next frame. We did some digging and found out that the building was a Cuban grocery in the 80's and the guy had a check cashing place in it also. He was in the process of adding a kitchen when someone crawled down a unfinished vent shaft and murdered him in the area where the back hallway is now.The owners called a "medium" to come and cleanse the place and she said he was angry with me because he saw me as a threat to his authority since it was still his place. She also said she could detect a female in the building and after talking to a retired homicide detective who was a customer we found out that a Chinese lady was also murdered in the building in the 70's. I never believed in ghost but I never worked alone in that kitchen again. Even when one of the owners was there things continued to happen that we both witnessed together so I know it wasn't just my mind!
That one can be tossed in the creepy bin.
Old 10-10-2012, 14:23   #122
deadmanglocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCounty View Post
That one can be tossed in the creepy bin.
To be honest just writing that made my hair stand up on my arms. I'm not usually "scared" of much but the feelings I got there I will never, never forget. I can't say I definitely believe in ghosts but there was some sort of malevolent presence there.

Old 10-10-2012, 16:53   #123
wjv

My dad (a very conservative Christian) swore that when he was growing up, there was a little (18" or so) tall red devil-man who lived in their basement. He and all of his siblings claimed to have seen it.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:17   #124
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

The Okie Corral

That sh** would freak me right out...

Last edited by Hamilton Burger; 10-10-2012 at 18:45..
Hamilton Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:27   #125
SevenSixtyTwo

If ghosts were real we could all see them. My dad said before he died this year that if there is "anything" to it, he'd let me know. He hasn't called ner nothin'...
SevenSixtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote