SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2012, 21:27   #176
Yankee2718

Quote:
Originally Posted by 686Owner View Post
What about men? Do they get free exams for prostate cancer etc? And if so, why wouldn't there be a card to say "vote like your man parts depend on it?"
I actually think there is a whole list of exams that are afforded to men. I can't be 100% sure what they are, but I think they are in there. That is what the card is all about. Cosmopolitan magazine i think it was recently had an article about it.

Some of Romeny's ideas about medicare and medicaid are scary. His idea to not provide it to young people when they age is a mistake. If the medicaid market moves completely towards the private sector we will end up in the same dilemma we are with regular health insurance. Sure, folks that are wealthy can afford to switch health plans more easily than working folks, but the majority of us are stuck with whatever our employer offers us, or whatever we can afford to pay every month.

Removing all government control of the insurance industry could result in insurance companies taking your premium money and fighting you tooth and nail when you get sick. I went through that when my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. They didn't want to pay for all the treatment, stating that chemotherapy and radiation wasn't necessary. My mom is alive today simply because my father is a lawyer and told them where they could go stick it. (1999)

I have a very close friend that has cerebral-palsy. He is trying like mad to get a job, but no one will hire him. He has literally been trying for almost 2 years since he graduated college. He currently has private insurance and medicaid. His private insurance doesn't pay for nearly enough of his expenses and medicaid picks up the rest. One of his power wheel chairs costs in excess of $20k. I'm not making that up. If medicaid goes away, people like him would be totally screwed. Here is a man that is trying his hardest to be a productive member of society, earn a living and support himself, but no employer will hire him because of his disability.

I think that the every day American needs to ask Mitt Romney some serious questions about his healthcare and tax plans. He talks about doing away with a good deal of tax breaks. Many of those tax breaks directly impact the middle class. I don't know about you, but paying an extra $500-1000 in taxes every year, compared to deducting $1500 results in a net increase of $2K! That's a lot of money for a $39k a year salary. And no, I'm not making all this up. My father is a trust, estate and tax lawyer, he's keeping close tabs on the tax issues.

Read this article on the taxes Mitt paid. Mitt Taxes
Yankee2718 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 21:32   #177
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
What about men? Do they get free exams for prostate cancer etc? And if so, why wouldn't there be a card to say "vote like your man parts depend on it?"
Nobody is trying to ban prostate exams. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:35   #178
RichardB
Silver Membership

Owners of firearms discussing the morality of killing. We are a complicated species.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:53   #179
Yankee2718

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
Owners of firearms discussing the morality of killing. We are a complicated species.
I agree. Even thought this ecard has nothing to to with abortion directly, everyone automatically assumes it does. If a woman really wants an abortion she is going to find a way to have one.

I think banning abortion just puts people at risk. You will have women making false claims of rape to get their abortion covered, then when the abortion is over, they won't cooperate with police any more. It will turn into accident reports for fender benders. You get knocked up and want an abortion- call police, say you got raped in a back alley by an unknown man, get case number, have abortion, the end. I can easily see this happening.

I think it will also put women at risk from having underground abortions. We just need to face it. Abortion is a part of society as much as we might not want to admit it, it is. There is a separation of church and state for a reason. This is a prime example. I don't believe in abortion, but I don't let my personal views and beliefs impact my legal ideas.
Yankee2718 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:35   #180
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
Abortion is one of those issue that people are very fixed, opinion wise.

I don't understand the people who can look at abortion and not see it as an unjustified killing.

And, I am sure the people who do support abortion, cannot understand why I see it as an justificed killing.

There really are two different species of human beings out there, trying to live together. We look the same, and talk the same, and can even breed, but we are very different in the ways that count.

Last edited by series1811; 10-08-2012 at 06:35..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:37   #181
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
And this is why you're going to continually lose this argument.

If you don't want an abortion, don't get one......Its not that hard.
Fifty per cent of the people involved in an abortion, do not want to get one.
Quote:

But stop trying to tell other people, they have to beleive what you do, and live like you do.
But, don't you see, neither side is winning the argument. No one's views are being changed. Each side is just becoming more and more sure they are right.

Last edited by series1811; 10-08-2012 at 06:38..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:57   #182
racerford

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
Then they will get an illegal abortion. Just like they always have.
Or perhaps, they will tell their parents, and an informed consent will be made.

The problem is the legal inconsistency on the ability to consent for similarly invasive procedures.

Last edited by racerford; 10-08-2012 at 08:46.. Reason: fat fingers
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:16   #183
Averageman

I dont know about voting like your Lady parts depend on it, but the last debate someone showed up debating like he had Lady parts.
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:37   #184
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
I dont know about voting like your Lady parts depend on it, but the last debate someone showed up debating like he had Lady parts.
Nice.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 19:45   #185
WacoGlock

And I thought it was about women getting their CHL's so they could protect themselves.
WacoGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:16   #186
DirtyPete

I'd be ok with abortions if they would just hand out free coat hangers at Planned Parenthood. I'd pay for the hangers.
DirtyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:28   #187
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Are republicans telling women what to do with their bodies?
Yes, they seek to own and control the *****.

It's the only way to counter the type of "soft power" that was given to women by the Creator. In a primitive environment, men have the physical strength, women have persuasive power to influence them. By designing society where women have no/few rights, you can seize the upper hand. This is what early Christian society was like and this is what life is still like in some Stone-Age parts of the world.

The agenda of the radical right-wing Christian moralists is sick kind of post-primativism from medieval times. It's more than just about Abortion, and it's more than un-American and anti-Freedom.

Quote:
What if the guy doesn't want the baby? Maybe he can choose to abort it too? Without the mother's consent of course.
If the guy is having the baby then that's his choice to make...

The Okie Corral
(Yes, this guy really did have a baby)

Quote:
What about men? Do they get free exams for prostate cancer etc?
Yeah, and STD screenings too. It's called "Men's Health Services."

You really don't know anything about this, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
So even though a 14 year-old can't legally vote, serve in the armed forces, drive or get so much as a tattoo without parental consent, in your mind they should be able legally get an invasive medical procedure done to themselves, a procedure that involves risks to both their physical and emotional health, without even informing the parents who are legally responsible for them, their safety and their actions in every other aspect of their lives?
Yes.

Last edited by KalashniKEV; 10-09-2012 at 10:30..
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:34   #188
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post

If the guy is having the baby then that's his choice to make...
So then you agree, of course, that if the guy doesn't want the baby, he should never be required to pay a dime in child support, right? After all, if it's unfair to demand that a woman carry a baby for 9 months because it's "Her body", then it's equally unfair to demand that a guy slave away at 2 jobs for 18 years to support a child he didn't want since it's "his body" that he's working into an early grave.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:54   #189
KalashniKEV

Quote:
So then you agree, of course, that if the guy doesn't want the baby, he should never be required to pay a dime in child support, right? After all, if it's unfair to demand that a woman carry a baby for 9 months because it's "Her body", then it's equally unfair to demand that a guy slave away at 2 jobs for 18 years to support a child he didn't want since it's "his body" that he's working into an early grave.
You just don't get it do you?

Her body, Her choice.

His child, His responsibility.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:24   #190
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
You just don't get it do you?

Her body, Her choice.

What about HIS BODY??? If the man has to work overtime, a second job or otherwise perform extra toil and labor for 18 years to support a child he doesn't even want then his body is AT LEAST as invested in this as the woman's.

Why does the woman get all the "choice" while the man gets all the responsibility even though it's both of their bodies on the line?

Last edited by tsmo1066; 10-09-2012 at 11:27..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:09   #191
KalashniKEV

I know I'm going to regret doing this, but... because I'm a masochist, I'll follow you down this absurd rabbit hole...

Quote:
If the man has to work overtime, a second job or otherwise perform extra toil and labor for 18 years to support a child he doesn't even want.
You seem to think that making money has something to do with manual labor.

I suppose it explains something about your mentality.

Quote:
...then his body is AT LEAST as invested in this as the woman's.

No... it's not.

Quote:
Why does the woman get all the "choice" while the man gets all the responsibility even though it's both of their bodies on the line?
OMGosh... let's do it again...

Her body, Her choice.

Hate it all you want. It's part of life's rules. I'm sure you can think of more of them you don't like if you sit down and think really hard.
Old 10-09-2012, 13:59   #192
racerford

Quote:
I know I'm going to regret doing this, but... because I'm a masochist, I'll follow you down this absurd rabbit hole...

No... it's not.

Her body, Her choice.

Hate it all you want. It's part of life's rules. I'm sure you can think of more of them you don't like if you sit down and think really hard.
Her choice sometimes equates to my responsibility as a tax payer. That part I don't like. And I consistently vote against. Under Obama I will likely pay whatever her choice.

I am all about making the choices in your life, as long you pay for them, and their consequences, and I don't.
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 14:01   #193
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:

No... it's not.

Her body, Her choice.

You really think that if people who believe abortion is murder, sit down and think about it, we will magically, suddenly come to the same opinion you have?

Liberals.
Old 10-09-2012, 14:12   #194
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:

For a great many people making money has EVERYTHING to do with manual labor, and even for those who don't make a living through sweat, the additional stress of having to work extra hours to support a child takes an immense toll on the man's body...at least as much of a toll over the years as a pregnancy.

As for it being "life's rules" for a male to have to take responsibility for a child he doesn't want, sorry but now you're talking like a pro-life religious zealot. After all, it's THEIR argument that pregnancy is "life's rule" and that such rules trump individual choice.

Naked hypocrisy, anyone?

Last edited by tsmo1066; 10-09-2012 at 14:13..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 14:27   #195
RichardB
Silver Membership

Rules for life I learned as a child include:

Men don't get married until they can afford a wife.

Couples don't have children until they can afford them.

Tough rules, but they work.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote