SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-05-2008, 18:53   #21
texLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedFlush View Post
I ordered from www.concealablecontrol.com twice in the past, once in 2006, and again in 2007.

I know their website was down earlier this year, and I don't know what that was all about.

Anyway, I saw the website was back up, and placed a new order on Saturday, August 23. By Tuesday I got a polite shipping notice by email from Greg Pugh, and on Friday, August 29, the package was in my mailbox.

I notice the package shipped from NM. I believe they used to be in Oregon. That may have something to do with whatever was ailing this family business.

I can't think of any Glock accessory I've every bought that was more useful. I'm glad that Greg and Lane are back in business, and I wish them well.

BF
Well hello Busted Flush! I'd been off this forum for several months, and when I left, you were off and not posting, and I was worried about you.

GREAT to come back, and see you posting again!

I now have more of the GAP floorplates than I even need, since it turns out that my wife, with her small hands, does not like them. On the other hand, for me they MAKE the 27, one of which, as you may remember, I now own, and carry quite a bit. Did get the problem with it ironed out, by the way, it was the recoil spring assembly, in fact, as I believe you predicted. I'm carrying it more and more, LOVE to shoot it, and happy with it. I'm about to put a Crimson Trace Laser Grip on my 23, relegating it to mostly nighttime carry, and home defense.

Again, GREAT to see your post!

David, aka texLJ

Last edited by texLJ; 09-05-2008 at 19:20..
texLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 15:15   #22
NG VI

Anybody use a GAP plate on a 23/19? I have a pair for my 27, and guess which two magazines come with me when I carry it?

Quote:
They are a very small, home run operation, and both the father and the son have full time jobs. So they don't have the money for a full time staff. So I guess, you want to do business with them, you'll have to do it their way.
Or you could just order so many that they can afford to launch into full (or at least turn their regular jobs into part-time) time work as Concealable Control.
Sub Club #180
NG VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 21:12   #23
unit1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG VI View Post
Anybody use a GAP plate on a 23/19? I have a pair for my 27, and guess which two magazines come with me when I carry it?
It looks interesting to me. I'd like to try it with my G-32. I have a pistol with a similar floor plate and I like the feel of an "anchor" on the bottom of my pinkie finger.
Old 05-03-2009, 20:24   #24
Palmer812

Just got some of these for my 27 and I love them. Ordered last Monday and had them Thursday.
Palmer812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 17:26   #25
AZ Husker

They make all the difference in the world on my snappy G33. Before, my pinkie was just hanging out in space and I had nothing to secure the bottom of my grip with. Adding these marvels lock the gun in my hand. I love them!
Old 06-30-2009, 15:14   #26
Iroquois Pliskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG VI View Post

Bumping this thread for any answer to this question!
Iroquois Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 18:58   #27
AZ Husker

I tried one out of curiosity on my G32 (same size as a G19) and it worked just fine. It supported the pinky instead of the ring finger like on a baby Glock. There is a 1/8" gap in the front of the bottom of the mag due to engineering differences. It's just not needed since I get a full grip as is. If you have one, try it!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:43   #28
BustedFlush
Springy Member

Tagged for future reference - GAP FRE on 19/23 pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
I tried one out of curiosity on my G32 (same size as a G19) and it worked just fine. It supported the pinky instead of the ring finger like on a baby Glock. There is a 1/8" gap in the front of the bottom of the mag due to engineering differences. It's just not needed since I get a full grip as is. If you have one, try it!
I did try it. I put the GAP Finger Rest Extensions (GAP FRE) on my 2nd gen 23 and 3rd gen 19 and took pics at the request of another member back in early 2008. It's just not made for those frames, and doesn't do anything for you.

2nd gen 23 with GAP FRE:

Gun-Parts & Access.

3rd gen 19 with GAP FRE:

Gun-Parts & Access.

and finally, 27 with GAP FRE (note the little lip on the bottom of the front of grip that mates with the GAP):

Gun-Parts & Access.

... perfection !!!

If you really have giant hands and feel you need something on a compact (19/23/32/38) short of an extension that adds rounds, you'd probably want the Pearce PG19:

Gun-Parts & Access.

I think if your hands are that big you probably want a full size Glock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- Add your SN prefix to the list

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- No Hammers!

- Timmah!

:patriot:

Last edited by BustedFlush; 08-07-2009 at 18:22..
BustedFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:21   #29
texLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedFlush View Post
I did try it. I put the GAP Finger Rest Extensions (GAP FRE) on my 2nd gen 23 and 3rd gen 19 and took pics at the request of another member back in early 2008. It's just not made for those frames, and doesn't do anything for you.
Well hello, Busted Flush, alias Travis Mc...!!!

We did cover this issue back then, didn't we?

Hope all's well with you...

texLJ
Old 01-11-2012, 17:48   #30
jb1911

I ordered a pair for my G26 at 2:00 pm today and got an email saying they shipped two hours later.

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"
jb1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 00:33   #31
Chris Brines

Excellent product for Glock sub compacts. They are completely pointless to put on a larger model.
Chris Brines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 18:18   #32
Dolomite
Glock Bhagwan

I think so too. Mostly because the G19/23/32 Pearce offerings are better (and a little cheaper).

On the 26/27/33 though, the GAP is king.

Last edited by Dolomite; 10-08-2012 at 18:18..
Dolomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 00:30   #33
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brines View Post
Excellent product for Glock sub compacts. They are completely pointless to put on a larger model.

I thought so as well.......................until I tried it on a Gen 4 G19. For my hand it was perfect!! It serves two purposes: I can get a faster grip from concealment as it actually serves to guide & wedge my hand into perfect position. Of course, as I said, that is with MY hand. YMMV.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:26   #34
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

I have mine on G19 as well. Works great for me.

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote