Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-08-2012, 17:59   #1
RustyL

Upgrading a G 26

I bought this gun new, immediately I'm thinking night sights, anyone have thoughts on these ? ....Trijicon brand... Can I do any upgrades to make this a better gun? Or do I just need to leave it alone and enjoy shooting it.

I have requested CC permit for it.

Thanks , Rusty
RustyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 18:12   #2
xrmattaz

Put your choice of sights on it and buy a bunch of ammo.
G17Gen4,G19,20SF,21SF,21Gen4,23Gen2,38,39
xrmattaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 18:13   #3
Maester Aemon

I like the Trijicon HD Night Sights I put on my G26. Only other upgrade I did was add a smooth trigger as I don't like the serrated one all that much. Shoot it and Enjoy it for sure

Welcome to GT
Maester Aemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 18:44   #4
RustyL

Thanks fellows, I'm not a pistol person; though I own a few, none I have would I carry. This is why I bought the Glock. I have been shooting the hell out of it and noticed the other evening at dark that I was having a harder time sighting a target. I will check into that trigger.
RustyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 18:49   #5
cajun_chooter

i am going to have to upgrade my G26/3.. went to the range yesterday .... most of the brass ejected to my forehead.. was shooting Rem 124gr FMJ bullets... and i was NOT LIMP WRISTING IT..
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 18:50   #6
ejes

Just bought a set of Ameriglo C.A.P. sights to replace the factory plastics on my G26 Gen 4. Front sight is made by Trijicon for Ameriglo. I like them so far. Glock is putting them on some of their Gen 4's already.

Last edited by ejes; 10-08-2012 at 18:50..
ejes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 18:53   #7
Black&TAN

None of my Glocks wear OEM polymer sights, it's the first thing I switch out. Personal preference is Trijicon or XS.

For a G26, you might find benefit to switching your mag floorplates to the GAP product- excellent stuff, aids in control and doesn't compromise concealablity.

sent via Tapatalk
Black&TAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 19:29   #8
Glk30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&TAN View Post
None of my Glocks wear OEM polymer sights, it's the first thing I switch out. Personal preference is Trijicon or XS.

For a G26, you might find benefit to switching your mag floorplates to the GAP product- excellent stuff, aids in control and doesn't compromise concealablity.

sent via Tapatalk
I agree on the GAP mag plates. I've got them on my 27 and can't image the gun without them.
Glk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 23:27   #9
tibbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maester Aemon View Post
I like the Trijicon HD Night Sights I put on my G26. Only other upgrade I did was add a smooth trigger as I don't like the serrated one all that much. Shoot it and Enjoy it for sure

Welcome to GT
I got the same sights on my 26 and I definitely like it. took a few trips to the range to get used to it vs stock but the visibility is great.

some others like the big dot xs ones, i've never used those tho. goodluck!
tibbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 23:48   #10
TxGlock9
2014 RACE TIME!

Learn the pistol & shoot the pistol.. Make necessary/desired changes.. In that order.
Old 10-08-2012, 23:59   #11
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyL View Post
I bought this gun new, immediately I'm thinking night sights, anyone have thoughts on these ? ....Trijicon brand... Can I do any upgrades to make this a better gun? Or do I just need to leave it alone and enjoy shooting it.

I have requested CC permit for it.

Thanks , Rusty
Night sights, ammo, holster, magazines...the most I've ever gone out to get for a new Glock

The ammo because it got shot a lot

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 10-08-2012 at 23:59..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:46   #12
cadillacguns

Trijicon or Meps, extended slide stop and a NY-1 on all mine. Works for me.
GLOCKS #1 FAN!!!

"IN GLOCK WE TRUST"
cadillacguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10   #13
Bruce M

I agree with the thought of other than night sights, leave it stock. More than a few people here have reported shooting the G26 better than bigger 9mm Glocks so apparently statistically at least some of the G26s are quite accurate.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:32   #14
poodleplumber

I put an Ameriglo night sight on the front only of my G26 (a preference of mine). Other than that, stock. Easy pistol to carry, easy pistol to shoot, so I didn't see a need to mess with it. YMMV, but as previously advised, it is best to identify a problem before looking for a solution.
poodleplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 14:56   #15
snowbird.40

Before you switch to night sights, consider this scenario: you're in a totally dark environment and you don't know WHERE the bad guys are. If they are beside you or behind you and they can see your glowing night sights, you've just given away your position. I experienced something very similar to that on a pitch-black night in 1971 when I was a young MP sentry dog handler. The LAST thing I wanted was to give away my position. Since that time I've NEVER even considered night sights because I've felt that point shooting is more likely the way such a situation would unfold. (Perhaps other members of the forum have had positive experiences with night sights and can speak to their strengths.)

On the other hand, I've found that a Heinie Slant Pro rear sight and Dawson fiber optic (orange) front sight are much faster for me to get on target than the OEM sights.

For concealed carry, I'm sure you'll find lots of suggestions for keeping the gun as stock as possible, which is what I've done with my Gen 4 G26 (except for the sights). In the event that you ever get into a justifiable shooting incident and survive, then you have to face the legal system and any modifications to trigger weight might hurt you in court ... so says Massad Ayoob and other major writers on the subject of self defense.

Be safe and learn how to shoot your G26 to the best of your ability. For my part, I try to shoot in IDPA matches on a regular basis to hone my defensive shooting skills against the clock (and other shooters).

Last edited by snowbird.40; 10-09-2012 at 14:57..
snowbird.40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 15:07   #16
barth
six barrels

NS are a really personal choice.
Even just looking at them it's hard to tell what you favor.
Try to borrow or rent some guns with various sights if you can.

Things have come a long way from traditional green three dot.
Not that those aren't still great sights.
And the kind of shooting you intend doing has something to do with that selection as well.

Close Quarters Combat sights for fast target acquisition
in all kinds of light?
XS Systems 24/7 Express Big Dots are hard to beat.

For combination short and long range with more precision?
Trijicon HD, Ameriglo I-Dot Pro, TruGlo TFO, Heinie Straight Eight
and more are all worth a look.

Multi color and vertical vs horizontal - things have changed.

Have fun and good luck!
General GlockingGeneral GlockingGeneral GlockingGeneral Glocking
General Glocking
General Glocking

Last edited by barth; 10-09-2012 at 15:42..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 15:17   #17
RonS

Love the Trijicon HD night sights on my G26. I caught a local smith at a gun show and got them installed for $129. Took a couple of minutes while we stood and talked.
Old 10-09-2012, 15:23   #18
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

The Ameriglo Hackathorn sights reside on my Glocks and M&P's, IMHO, they're the best value for night sights given the price point. For my aging eyes, it's easier to pick up the front with a plain black and serrated rear, and since I install my own I really can't beat the price for what I get, and in a lot of daylight the orange just pops, almost everyone who has shot my gun with these has switched to them:

General Glocking
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Fire_Medic; 10-09-2012 at 15:27..
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 15:35   #19
Ocean_glocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
The Ameriglo Hackathorn sights reside on my Glocks and M&P's, IMHO, they're the best value for night sights given the price point. For my aging eyes, it's easier to pick up the front with a plain black and serrated rear, and since I install my own I really can't beat the price for what I get, and in a lot of daylight the orange just pops, almost everyone who has shot my gun with these has switched to them:

General Glocking
Is is hard the pick up sight picture without lamps on the rear sight?

I'm in the same boat.. I'm shopping for night sights too, 3 sets :( , I'm surprised no one has mentioned Truglo TFOs yet...
GSSF Member, F&AM
Ocean_glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 15:37   #20
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean_glocker View Post
Is is hard the pick up sight picture without lamps on the rear sight?

I'm in the same boat.. I'm shopping for night sights too, 3 sets :( , I'm surprised no one has mentioned Truglo TFOs yet...
It's actually easier for me, because the rear sight has no "distractions" if you will, but everyone is different, and sights are as personal as carry ammo, holsters, etc.

As for the Truglo sights, they don't hold up, and have the shortest warranty in the business, if you shoot any good amount of ammo, at one point or another you will lose or break a tube. When I first got into Glocks I had (3) sets and they all broke, will never deal with those people again.

Just my $0.02

Edit: Unless they have changed their policy (doubt it) the warranty on the TFO handgun sights is 90 days......
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!

Last edited by Fire_Medic; 10-09-2012 at 15:41..
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote