Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-08-2012, 16:59   #26
Wyoming

Send a message via Yahoo to Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I hate to disagree but in my jerkwater corner of th Country I have seen many more P-6s than I have 3913LS. The last two 'batches" of P-6s were probably close to the total production of S&W 3913s. I know there were enough of them to put magazines in short supply. The 3913LS will take all 3913 mags and, in a pinch 39 series as well.
I checked Gun Broker and you are right. There are way more P6 than S&W 3913 at this time. I tried to search production figures for both but failed.

I'm not the best computer guy around so if any one wants to help please do.

My original advice of keeping both even if it means getting a second job still stand.
Old 10-08-2012, 17:41   #27
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
I checked Gun Broker and you are right. There are way more P6 than S&W 3913 at this time. I tried to search production figures for both but failed.

I'm not the best computer guy around so if any one wants to help please do.

My original advice of keeping both even if it means getting a second job still stand.
I should have retyped part of that. I meant to compare the production of the 3913 LS models But yah they are hard to find in my area.

I don't know about the P-6 but I once ran acroos the figures for the LS buried in one of a couple of dozen articles, or forum references, and I can neither remember accurately enough nor vouch for the author.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 21:46   #28
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I should have retyped part of that. I meant to compare the production of the 3913 LS models But yah they are hard to find in my area.

I don't know about the P-6 but I once ran across the figures for the LS buried in one of a couple of dozen articles, or forum references, and I can neither remember accurately enough nor vouch for the author.
BTW, the P6 that I got when they first came out has gone up quit a bit! The price of P6 and S&W 3913 will cost more to replace years from now.

When the S&W 3913 came out CCW was not as common as now meaning production numbers may not be that high.

To the OP, keep both!
Old 10-08-2012, 22:35   #29
countrygun

Quote:
BTW, the P6 that I got when they first came out has gone up quit a bit! The price of P6 and S&W 3913 will cost more to replace years from now.

When the S&W 3913 came out CCW was not as common as now meaning production numbers may not be that high.

To the OP, keep both!
The "LS" and "NL" versions were especially limited and highly desired which caused them to have a rather shockingly high MSRP in their day. Smith was helped in this by comparison to the cost of the ASP and DEVEL modifications in their day.

Iwas thinkig of picking up a P_6 in the last batch and was surprised recently when the idea popped back in my head and I looked them up.

I also looked at the prices on those little surplus French Semi MAS rifles For a rifle that uses such an odd ammo?
Old 10-08-2012, 22:50   #30
Wyoming

I remembered reading about those cut down conversions! Devel and ASP goes way back when most people carrying concealed were police. At the prices they sold for not many police could afford to buy one.

The "NL" was a "Ladysmith" for men that wasn't secure in their manhood.
Old 10-08-2012, 22:58   #31
countrygun

Quote:
I remembered reading about those cut down conversions! Devel and ASP goes way back when most people carrying concealed were police. At the prices they sold for not many police could afford to buy one.

The "NL" was a "Ladysmith" for men that wasn't secure in their manhood.

Yup. I bought my wife one of the "J" frame Ladysmiths years ago, I just got my 3913 LS and that about leaves the 3' K" frame and she really likes my 3"65 Sooooo, sincwe have the other two.....

BYW I know a well known gunsmith (who graciously allows me to refer to him as a friend) who used to work for Devel.

The stories are fascinating if one is interested in guns and designs
Old 10-09-2012, 13:15   #32
Berto
woo woo

I love my 3913, the P6/225 is hands down my favorite Sig though.
I think I like the 3913 a little better though, it eats anything and is very slim.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 00:08   #33
zippo

thank for all your reply..sorry I didn't in net for sometime. both gun is very good I shoot P6 more,SW is good gun also but I do not like safty that they have.

I will sale SW 3913 for sure ... I know SW is very good gun but feel shoot and hold P6 more both gun best for it class. and person that will buy from me is SW lover he know more SW then I do, and this SW 3913 will be well care and love.

SW is litte hard to fine but if I keep it I know I will not shoot it as much as other gun and why keep it, I like more CZ grip style,most of gun I have do not have safty or had Fram safty not slide safty like SW or Beretta.

thank for all your reply.
zippo

Last edited by zippo; 10-11-2012 at 07:58..
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote