Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 14:21   #421
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Colorado: It took 6 mos to manufacture all the reamers. Anybody could have had a custom reamed chamber within days had they simply sent sample rounds of their reloads with the barrel. FYI: If somebody happens to tell us to take our best guess then we will always guess on the small size.

Docta: I remember when that video was on the news. I love it! The application fits for sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-08-2012, 15:26   #422
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Colorado: It took 6 mos to manufacture all the reamers. Anybody could have had a custom reamed chamber within days had they simply sent sample rounds of their reloads with the barrel. FYI: If somebody happens to tell us to take our best guess then we will always guess on the small size.

Docta: I remember when that video was on the news. I love it! The application fits for sure.
It took six months to get the reamers for what you have standardized on as the "GTHole", but if they sent you assembled rounds, you would have been able to cut them with custom reamers in a shorter period of time? Is that what you are saying?

Before you answer, remember that you use a tapered reamer that can cut a chamber any way you need depending on how far you feed the reamer in. I don't see how that could possibly work since you'd be moving the chamber forward as you go and screwing up the headspace, but that is what you said.

To people who are lucid, none of this will make any sense to you. JR has contradicted himself several times in just a few posts and his exlpanations don't make sense, so don't try to figure this out.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
Old 10-08-2012, 15:58   #423
JR
GT Sponsor

The majority of reloading issues are centered around a swelled case or bullet profile engaging the leads. We can use one reamer to open the chamber and another to taper the leads. We drop the cartridge into the modified chamber to verify fit (head space).

There you have it, a perfect fit for your home rolled cartridge..... (that nobody else can duplicate). We don't mind providing this service for our customers but as I have pointed out previously, it can create problems when the same barrel enters the used market.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-08-2012, 21:30   #424
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
ilgunguygt: WOW.... (#409 & 415) are you for real? Hell & ice water? You are new to this discussion, you should try to ease into it...... BEFORE going full retard.

So now we need your permission to post? I had two of your barrels, wouldnt take another if it was given to me. My reloads werent the problem either, the second one choked on factory ammo. Then again, you said there was no complaints with the 45s right?

Considering I paid for two of your barrels I think I can say whatever I want to about them, and I did. Your attitde is just another reason to never buy any product you sell.
Old 10-08-2012, 21:33   #425
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
So why did it take 6 months for people to get their barrels?

Why the negativity to people who buy your products and want them to work with Lead Bullets (as you advertise) and then you make sport of them in this thread? Even going to so far as to come up with a derogatory language about the rechamber?
Because he is a piss poor example of a business man. I dont care how long he has been doing it, with customer service skills like that people will stop buying. I like to link this thread anytime I see a conversation about lone wolf. I have talked at least five people out of buying from them and going kkm or storm lake.
Old 10-08-2012, 21:56   #426
Colorado4Wheel

I think he may be talking about a tapered throat reamer.
Old 10-08-2012, 22:02   #427
Colorado4Wheel

I reread JR's last post. I think he had a custom chamber/throat reamer made. So instead of doing it the hard way with a chamber reamer and I then a throat/lead reamer he made everyone wait 6 .months. His excuse is that he didn't know how big to make it. But apparently he knew how big to make the custom reamer. So that makes zero sense other then he was to lazy to do it the hard way using two tools instead of one. The result is the same either way.

Last edited by Colorado4Wheel; 10-08-2012 at 22:05..
Old 10-08-2012, 22:09   #428
dkf

You could still get measurements off of the Glock barrels that have been proven to work. Plus SAAMI chamber drawing dimensions. I am also assuming he knows the dimensions of the chambers of the LW barrels.

Last edited by dkf; 10-08-2012 at 22:13..
Old 10-09-2012, 12:51   #429
JR
GT Sponsor

Colorado: How the task was performed in the past has nothing to do with how it is presently accomplished. Suffice it to say the reamers are in hand, the jobs are processed as requested and in a timely manner.

dfk: Yep, I have the SAMMI chamber drawings. If I remember correctly, you guys spurn SAMMI because your lead loads are outside this dimension? I am pretty confident the GT Hole will work with these loads. If the reload works with other popular guns it will work with ours.

ilgun: First of all, are you sure its not spelled ill-gun? Your snide remarks are persistent indeed! You may soon rise to the rank of supreme leader of all (5) LWD haters. I am told you can tell a lot about the man by looking at his haters. I am honored to have you at my service.

Old 10-09-2012, 13:02   #430
dkf

All the Glock barrels I have arewithin SAAMI spec. The Glock barrels will run pretty much everything even some loads past SAAMI specified OAL that I loaded to experiment with.
Old 10-09-2012, 13:27   #431
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Colorado: How the task was performed in the past has nothing to do with how it is presently accomplished. Suffice it to say the reamers are in hand, the jobs are processed as requested and in a timely manner.
The point is you left people hanging for 6 months and don't seem to care.
Old 10-09-2012, 14:38   #432
JR
GT Sponsor

dkf: If it runs in your Glock, Ruger, Colt it should run in our GT Hole. I haven't tried anything with extreme OAL. We will see.

Colorado: "JR don't seem to care" is an inaccurate assumption. I care then, I care now, I will keep on caring clean into the future. All that hatein' is in the past and I cant do anything about it, really its a moot point at this juncture. BTW: Nobody had to wait 6 months if they simply provided dummy rounds. If they insisted on receiving the GT Hole I had to have the reamers built.
We have all the GT Hole reamers in hand and ready to go. If and when a current customer requests such a service will get the red rug treatment

Old 10-09-2012, 17:04   #433
Bluescot

Quote:

dfk: Yep, I have the SAMMI chamber drawings. If I remember correctly, you guys spurn SAMMI because your lead loads are outside this dimension? I am pretty confident the GT Hole will work with these loads. If the reload works with other popular guns it will work with ours.

ilgun: First of all, are you sure its not spelled ill-gun? Your snide remarks are persistent indeed! You may soon rise to the rank of supreme leader of all (5) LWD haters. I am told you can tell a lot about the man by looking at his haters. I am honored to have you at my service.

Interesting statement but not a fact.

My 45ACP reloads will work in my Paraordinance 14-45, my friends Colt Commander, my friends XD, my friends Kimber, and my KKM barrel for a G30 but would not work in my G30 LWD barrel with the GT hole.
Old 10-09-2012, 17:37   #434
JR
GT Sponsor

I have absolutely no explanation as to the reason your barrel rejects your pet load. Because of you and your complaints (a few others too) I plan to give away many, many barrels with the GT Hole chamber. I fully expect to please 95% (+) of these shooters and put this BS thread far behind me. You cant argue with numbers and I am about to stack the deck in my favor.

Old 10-09-2012, 19:36   #435
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
I'm not a hater. I certainly don't hate you. If I were to see you broke down on the side of the ride, and I knew it was you, I would certainly stop to help you. This is no reason to hate, I'm sorry if you took it that way.

However, I spent money on two of your products only to be disappointed twice. After that, how do you expect a person to feel? Then you come here and insult members? I wouldnt do business with you again because of it, thats just the way life is. I don't care for your attitude, but hate you? Absolutely not.

Last edited by ilgunguygt; 10-09-2012 at 19:37..
Old 10-09-2012, 20:21   #436
Colorado4Wheel

Spin City
Old 10-09-2012, 21:42   #437
Bluescot

Quote:
I have absolutely no explanation as to the reason your barrel rejects your pet load. Because of you and your complaints (a few others too) I plan to give away many, many barrels with the GT Hole chamber. I fully expect to please 95% (+) of these shooters and put this BS thread far behind me. You cant argue with numbers and I am about to stack the deck in my favor.

Glad to help out with your reputation whenever I'm asked.

Hoping for the best for you.
Old 10-09-2012, 22:25   #438
PhotoFeller

JR-

Take it from someone who was in business for 40 years, you cannot please every customer every time. Based on comments I've been reading here since the beginning of my GT membership, your products and customer service have been very highly rated.

I just purchased a LWD conversion barrel and I plan to buy a complete G19 slide. I trust your company to serve me well.

Sounds like you are trying hard to resolve the pesky issues some folks are raising. I'm not taking sides. I just hope you and your customers end up shakin' hands and moving ahead. Good luck.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-09-2012 at 22:28..
Old 10-10-2012, 05:17   #439
DoctaGlockta

I have had folks unhappy with my service. Not many but a few. You can't please everybody and meet everyone's needs.

An 'I'm really sorry we couldn't meet your needs' can go a long, long way.

And those who are still disgruntled? Give them their money back. They will have little to complain about after that.

JMO. Cheers.

- Barack Hussein Obama
Old 10-10-2012, 09:43   #440
judgecrater

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post

Feeding SWC in a Glock and chambering in a LWD barrel are different things.
Exactly. I have yet to find a SWC or any other lead design that won't feed in my Glock 45ACP. Sure I sometimes have to adjust OAL when starting with a new load but that is to be expected.

Closed Thread

Tags
38super, glock bulge is a myth, kkm rocks, lwd barrels, match grade glory, who's a democrat?