Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-08-2012, 00:46   #1
JW1178

Paranormal Experiences

I'm not really a believer in ghosts but I will have to say, going jogging on a civil war battlefield, weird **** happens.

I do believe that sometimes strong feelings and emotions from an event long ago can cause an energy signature that can be picked up, but actual spirits that interact with us, I don't really know.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 00:49   #2
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 00:52   #3
HollowHead
Firm member

I got a very similar feeling walking Dog Green, Omaha Beach at low tide. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:25   #4
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

http://www.extremesenses.com/software/whatisit.htm
Old 10-08-2012, 02:38   #5
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic

Energy Signature? What's that?
But the rest of you, especially the rest of you under 30, wake up. The day is approaching where the media will redefine what is right or meaningful, redefine you as meaningless...And you'll believe it.
aplcr0331 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:33   #6
md2lgyk

I don't believe or disbelieve in ghosts - anything in this world is possible. All I know is that I've never seen one.

That said, my daughter insists her house has a ghost. It's over 100 years old, and when she and her husband bought it, there were several tombstones lying around in the back yard. She did some research and found that one of them was engraved with the name of a child whose family was the house's original owner. Both she and her husband, as well as their kids, claim to occasionally see "Mary" moving around.

Even stranger, when they were touring the house with the Realtor years ago, their oldest child was about 5. She came down from the upstairs and told my daughter that ". . . the little girl upstairs told me that we should buy this house."
Old 10-08-2012, 11:29   #7
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Energy Signature? What's that?
Something from a movie. Lol

Ghosts talk to me through the static on my old TV. I can prove it. Watch Poltergeist and White Noise.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:55   #8
Dinky
Stalker of tous

I have a female that will say hello to me when I am walking into my carport and sometimes out near the clothsline. No one is around when this happens and it happens at different times. I always answer back but she never responds, other than the hello...

Her voice is a soft wisper and right next to my ear...
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 13:00   #9
Dinky
Stalker of tous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 21:52   #10
MrsKitty

My husband's best friend lives on an old farm that is haunted. They call her "she who roams these hills" or something like that. I have gotten to see her just once. I've decided if I ever see her again, I am going to ask her what she is watching for and if there is anything we can do to help her find peace...
Old 10-08-2012, 22:06   #11
bpe5008
TSD Blackbelt

I don't know what I believe. I hope to have an "expierience" but haven't so far in my life. I have a friend who is a park ranger in gettysburg and gets to live in a house that sits on a spot where a first day battle was fought and he says ghosts are hogwash. He has never once seen anything he couldent explain and thinks the ghost tour people are robbing people of money. I've stayed there as well and didn't see a thing. It is kinda surreal sitting in a spot where thousands died, and drinking a beer with friends though.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 10-08-2012, 22:11   #12
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

I know this theme becomes popular this time of year. But, there are no such things as ghosts. There are fallen angels that impersonate ghosts. I have had my fair share of encounters with them. But, they flee in the name of Jesus every time.

If you are interested in a brief study on the state of the dead, I recommend this link:

http://www.amazingfacts.org/free-stu...ad-really-dead?
Old 10-08-2012, 22:17   #13
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

I'm a scientist. Sorry, there is no such thing as ghosts. My 4 year old believes in them, but my 9 year old has figured out that it is make-believe.

Likewise, no such thing as angels, faeries (like the tooth fairy), santa claus, the easter bunny, the devil, etc.

All that stuff is cool, and some great story telling was involved, but really folks, it isn't true!!!
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:18   #14
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

You've got to love the person who says there is no such thing as ghosts, but there are fallen angels who pretend to be ghosts.

Why believe in one fairy tale if you don't believe in the other?
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:21   #15
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
You've got to love the person who says there is no such thing as ghosts, but there are fallen angels who pretend to be ghosts.

Why believe in one fairy tale if you don't believe in the other?
First hand experience.
Old 10-08-2012, 22:22   #16
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
First hand experience.
...and what of the people who dont share your faith but make the same claim?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:23   #17
Just_plinking

Quote:
I know this theme becomes popular this time of year. But, there are no such things as ghosts. There are fallen angels that impersonate ghosts. I have had my fair share of encounters with them. But, they flee in the name of Jesus every time.

If you are interested in a brief study on the state of the dead, I recommend this link:

http://www.amazingfacts.org/free-stu...ad-really-dead?
I hate to get religious, but I agree. I have no business with "ghosts". Don't go looking for them, and you won't find 'em. I don't go looking because as I said, I don't believe in them, but I do believe the great deceiver, and I don't wish to fool with the likes of him or his minions.
Old 10-08-2012, 22:31   #18
frank4570
Feral human

Ghosts is demons trying to get into your soul.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:32   #19
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
I'm a scientist. Sorry, there is no such thing as ghosts. My 4 year old believes in them, but my 9 year old has figured out that it is make-believe.

Likewise, no such thing as angels, faeries (like the tooth fairy), santa claus, the easter bunny, the devil, etc.

All that stuff is cool, and some great story telling was involved, but really folks, it isn't true!!!
Sorry, but invoking science doesn't substantiate you claim. History is chock full of scientists who believe in the supernatural, despite contemporary convention.

Science is the study of the natural world, nothing more or less.
Old 10-08-2012, 22:33   #20
engineer151515

You guys can believe what you want.

I lived in a house for 16 years that was paranormal "hot". Everything from visuals to voices to shadows to moved objects. Young kids seem to pick up the most. These are children that know no history of the house which ask who is the stranger in the laundry room. Our children saw them. Sometimes they said something. When one particularly nasty spirit showed up, I learned fifteen years later in that my daughter saw it too and dared not mention it. Let's just say, it was something you just hoped would just pass and not focus it's attention on you. Over the years the place seems to act as some sort of travel point. The house is hot to this day.
Old 10-08-2012, 22:36   #21
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
...and what of the people who dont share your faith but make the same claim?
I am not sure what you are asking?
Old 10-08-2012, 22:37   #22
arclight610

Me and the wife walk the local cemetery every night for about an hour. Haven't seen anything yet. I don't think I've ever seen a ghost. I have however had weird experiences from too much caffeine causing an overactive brain at night.

For those that live in "haunted" areas and claim to see stuff... why do you live there? Isn't it a bit discomforting living with a supernatural being that cannot be explained nor that you know the capabilities of?

Last edited by arclight610; 10-08-2012 at 22:39..
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:43   #23
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
I am not sure what you are asking?
Every culture, around the world, even long before your faith existed, has stories of the supernatural.

So, why are your stories true? (and of course it is based on your very specific faith) Why are their stories not true?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:47   #24
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
You guys can believe what you want.

I lived in a house for 16 years that was paranormal "hot". Everything from visuals to voices to shadows to moved objects. Young kids seem to pick up the most. These are children that know no history of the house which ask who is the stranger in the laundry room. Our children saw them. Sometimes they said something. When one particularly nasty spirit showed up, I learned fifteen years later in that my daughter saw it too and dared not mention it. Let's just say, it was something you just hoped would just pass and not focus it's attention on you. Over the years the place seems to act as some sort of travel point. The house is hot to this day.
I understand that. Apartments are the worst for that sort of thing. I remember when I was in Laredo, I had a small one bedroom apartment that was relatively new. Never had a problem there. Then, my fiancee was going to move down from NE, (we are married and have been so for about 13 years now), so we could get married. I knew I needed a bigger place.

I am pretty sensitive to this sort of thing, always have been. I guess that has been my gift, discerning spirits. When I toured the older apartment, nothing on the radar.

The day I moved in was completely different. A demonic entity wanting to take the form of a woman was at the top of the stairwell glaring at me.

I knew I would have to begin the process of taking over the place. This thing didn't want to go, so it was a process of prayer and persistance.

Eventually, I had cleansed the whole of the apartment, though I failed to enter one room. The room my fiancee was going to stay in until we were married and made it right.

I was in the Border Patrol working all kinds of shift work. My fiancee moved in and she took the spare room.

I got a call on the later part of a swing shift. She was begging me to come home. I told her, I was in the fiield, and that just wasn't an option.

She told me there was a creepy woman walking up and down the stairs calling her by name.

I had never told her about my experiences in the apartment. I had also never talked with her about the ability God had given me. It isn't widely discussed even in Christian cirlces, because it makes people uncomfortable. I was in the process of marrying this woman, I certainly didn't wan to drive her away.

But, there are times like this you have to have a frank conversation.
Old 10-08-2012, 22:51   #25
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Every culture, around the world, even long before your faith existed, has stories of the supernatural.

So, why are your stories true? (and of course it is based on your very specific faith) Why are their stories not true?
My roots come from your roots. I am merely part of a grafted in vine. If any Christian says that their faith could have existed without Judaism, they are fooling themselves. Christianity was a reform movement of Judaism.

We share some of the same bible. We know that first lie comes from Genesis:

Genesis 3:4, ""You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman.

Here we have Lucifer taking the form of a serpent.