Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2012, 16:06   #41
poodleplumber

I carry every day, wherever legal.

But I have noticed that a big difference between 2A supporters and antis is that 2A supporters respect people's rights to think and act differently than they do, while antis insist that only their point of view is correct. I wouldn't want to lose that. It's called freedom.
poodleplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 16:30   #42
glock2740
Gun lover.

I see from several posts, that apparently there are "safe zones" all across America. I must have missed these boundry lines. How are they marked? As we ALL know that there's NEVER ANY crime that takes place in these areas. Maybe they could issue a map? And does someone educate the criminals of these areas and notify them that they are "off limits"? That's nice to know. I wonder if my home is in one of these so-called "safe areas"? Obviously not all homes are, as I hear through the grapevine that some homes are burglarized and sometimes these burglars even beat up, rape and kill the people who live there, then even steal their belongings. I guess that these homes are in the "unsafe zones". Too bad for those people. Tough luck that they happened to live in these unsafe areas. Maybe they should have done their homework better. Also, these public "safe zones", surely are clearly marked as well? Are there certain days that the bad guys are off in the "unsafe zones"? It sure would be very nice of them if they would let us know all the hours of their criminal activity. Just knowing that these "safe zones" exist makes me feel oh so much better now. I'm glad we can share this very valuable information amongst eachother. Have a happy day in those safe zones and be sure to stay out of the unsafe areas.

Last edited by glock2740; 10-07-2012 at 16:31..
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 16:51   #43
Indianashooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I believe you carry everyday or don't bother carrying at all.

Unless I'm somewhere where it's illegal, I carry.

Exactly. Kind of strange, I answered this same question on another forum yesterday.
Indianashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 17:30   #44
PocketProtector

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&K .45 AUTO View Post
I carry every day of every week from the moment that my feet hit the floor in the morning, until the moment that I crawl into bed at night. During my hours of sleep, I have a weapon within one foot of me on the nightstand. I am an LEO, so there are no problems for me to carry at work, and most of the places where CCW holders are restricted from being armed don't apply to me. As such, I cannot remember the last time when I was truly unarmed. Even when I'm lounging around the house in a pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt.... I have an LCP in my pocket. That's about as close to being without a gun as I ever get.
Everything he said except not an LEO. With home invasions on the rise by the predators, never leav
Old 10-07-2012, 17:32   #45
PocketProtector

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&K .45 AUTO View Post
I carry every day of every week from the moment that my feet hit the floor in the morning, until the moment that I crawl into bed at night. During my hours of sleep, I have a weapon within one foot of me on the nightstand. I am an LEO, so there are no problems for me to carry at work, and most of the places where CCW holders are restricted from being armed don't apply to me. As such, I cannot remember the last time when I was truly unarmed. Even when I'm lounging around the house in a pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt.... I have an LCP in my pocket. That's about as close to being without a gun as I ever get.
Everything he said except not an LEO. With home invasions on the rise by the predators, never leave home without it and never be home without it either.
Old 10-07-2012, 18:24   #46
denn1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Each of us has to decide what risk level we face each day, and that assessment drives our carry decisions. You, denn, and most others here, have concluded that you might be attacked any hour of every day, at home, at the gym, at social events, at church, during your son's Bar Mitzvah, at Disney World and everyplace in between. I, on the other hand, gauge the likelihood of attack as very low most of the time; my years of experience and knowledge of my commnity indicate I'm vulnerable in certain environments at certain times. We just see the world differently.

I won't criticize your view of the world if you won't criticize mine.
I won't criticize you at all. I grew up in a different environment than you. I know someone who has been a victim of a home invasion. I've seen bad things happen to good people. They felt safe in their environments too. Your Disney World, church, etc. comment sounds like you are criticizing me, but I forgive you. I wish you peace and tranquility, my friend.

Last edited by denn1911; 10-07-2012 at 18:25.. Reason: Spelling
denn1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:28   #47
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I always carry.

There is a handgun in each vehicle. With very few, very rare exceptions (like going in for surgery) I also carry a handgun on my person everywhere legal, and every time I leave home. If I am in PJs when I take the trash out I take the dog with me. When I wash the car in gym shorts I don't have a gun on my person, but I do have one in the car I am washing.

No, I usually do not carry when I am doing yard work, though I have. Usually have one or both dogs with me, though, and the backyard is nicely fenced.

I don't see how it's any different than the above-average number of fire extinguishers and smoke/CO detectors I have around the house and in the cars.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:35   #48
John Biltz

I put a gun on when I get up and take it off when I go to bed, its the only way to be sure you have one if you need one. The only time I left the house without a gun in the last year was because I had jury duty. I carry a knife and flash light as well. Its amazing how often I was working on something and needed a knife or a flashlight.
Old 10-07-2012, 18:35   #49
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I believe you carry everyday or don't bother carrying at all.

Unless I'm somewhere where it's illegal, I carry.
Same here

I even carry at work where it is against company policy. They don't know and I'm not telling

You either carry or you don't - there is no middle ground!

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:37   #50
plouffedaddy

Unless prohibited by law (going on a military base for instance) I always, 100% of the time have a gun on me. It may at times just be a pocket 380 but it's always something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:45   #51
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

No, I'm not TRUE BELIEVER. I'm fnfalman. TRUE BELIEVER still posts now and then, not as often as he used to back in the days.
Old 10-07-2012, 18:45   #52
garya1961

I was working in the front yard a few years ago and left my gun in my truck a few yards away. A car stops beside the road and the guy ask if I had change for a hundred. I knew he was trouble and I told him the store across the road would change it for him. He said the guy doesn't like him and asked how much money I had and he would take 50 for the hundred. I had the door open on my truck with the gun in the seat but I sure wished I had it on at the time. I eased my way to the truck and the guy left but I said I would never let it happen again. I carry my P3AT with my G22 on me or close by now while in the yard.

Last edited by garya1961; 10-07-2012 at 18:46..
garya1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:46   #53
CanMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversport View Post
do you guys carry something when you take out the garbage???, mow the lawn???...sit on your patio in the warm months???...washing your car or the windows on the house??? Bill
My Dress Code for taking out the garbage:

Sweat Pants
Baseball Cap
J Frame

Losing the first two wouldn't bother me much but I'd be absolutely naked without that J Frame.
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:49   #54
Ruggles

I carry outside the house everywhere except work. At home I never carry a gun as I stroll around the house.
Ruggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:51   #55
Annhl8rX

I gave up concealed carry completely. If I lived somewhere where I could dress comfortably and still do it, it might be different. As it is, I'd be relegated to carrying something like an LCP nine months out of the year, because I'm not going to change how I dress just so I can carry a gun.

I know that an LCP (or something similar) is better than nothing, but I just don't have much interest in buying a gun that I don't enjoy shooting.

Last edited by Annhl8rX; 10-07-2012 at 18:54..
Annhl8rX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 19:12   #56
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annhl8rX View Post
I gave up concealed carry completely. If I lived somewhere where I could dress comfortably and still do it, it might be different. As it is, I'd be relegated to carrying something like an LCP nine months out of the year, because I'm not going to change how I dress just so I can carry a gun.

I know that an LCP (or something similar) is better than nothing, but I just don't have much interest in buying a gun that I don't enjoy shooting.
Have you tried a GOOD gun belt and holster? It gets pretty hot here in Atlanta and I have no problem concealing a Glock with shorts and a T-shirt

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 19:23   #57
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
I see from several posts, that apparently there are "safe zones" all across America. I must have missed these boundry lines. How are they marked? As we ALL know that there's NEVER ANY crime that takes place in these areas. Maybe they could issue a map? And does someone educate the criminals of these areas and notify them that they are "off limits"? That's nice to know. I wonder if my home is in one of these so-called "safe areas"? Obviously not all homes are, as I hear through the grapevine that some homes are burglarized and sometimes these burglars even beat up, rape and kill the people who live there, then even steal their belongings. I guess that these homes are in the "unsafe zones". Too bad for those people. Tough luck that they happened to live in these unsafe areas. Maybe they should have done their homework better. Also, these public "safe zones", surely are clearly marked as well? Are there certain days that the bad guys are off in the "unsafe zones"? It sure would be very nice of them if they would let us know all the hours of their criminal activity. Just knowing that these "safe zones" exist makes me feel oh so much better now. I'm glad we can share this very valuable information amongst eachother. Have a happy day in those safe zones and be sure to stay out of the unsafe areas.
The above statements demonstrate your inability, or unwillingness, to understand the position I've tried to explain as my approach to risk evaluation. But thats ok, because your understanding, or lack thereof, matters not to me. I'm just participating in a friendly discussion about the OP's query.

I fully realize that some folks face real danger every day from people who may do them harm. If I was a prosecuting attorney, a law enforcement officer or a judge, I would carry all the time. If I had a relative, a neighbor, a drug dealer or anybody who was making threats or was clearly after my hide, I'd always want a gun within reach. If I lived in or near a moderate or high-crime area, carrying all the time would be necessary. Living in a rural area, far from law enforcement, might be good reason, too.

Many people who don't face discernible risks similar to the above carry all the time anyway because of other motivators. I'm thinkin' some do it in order to feel powerful. Some may do it because it fulfills some missing aspect of their identity or it boosts their self image. Others do it to demonstrate their commitment to protect loved ones, even though it isn't necessary. Some simply love guns while others want to project a 'bad ass' image. Obviously there are many other reasons not justified by real danger (risk), including a robust imagination.

While many people play the self-defense game based on imperceptible risk, they ignore real, deadly risks to themselves and loved ones presented in everyday life. Consider the following:

1. Use of tobacco in all forms.
2. Excessive consumption of alcohol.
3. Being overweight.
4. Texting and sending/receiving calls while operating a vehicle.
5. Driving after consuming alcohol.
6. Operating a motorcycle.
7. Not getting periodic physical examinations.
8. Not getting colonoscopies as recommended.
9. Ignoring signs of health issues.
10. Not monitoring blood pressure.

Each high risk behavior in this short list is far more likely to kill than an assault in the streets or in one's home. Yet many among us ignore them while fixating every day over self defense weapons and tactics.

I'm just offering my humble opinion to stand along side glock2740's scholarly (or is it sarcastic?) point of view. As you can see, his view of the world is a bit different than mine.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-08-2012 at 08:13..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 20:09   #58
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
The above statements demonstrate your inability, or unwillingness, to understand the position I've tried to explain as my approach to risk evaluation. But thats ok, because your understanding, or lack thereof, matters not to me. I'm just participating in a friendly discussion about the OP's query.

I fully realize that some folks face real danger every day from people who may do them harm. If I was a prosecuting attorney, a law enforcement officer or a judge, I would carry all the time. If I had a relative, a neighbor or a drug dealer who was after my hide, I'd always want a gun within reach. If I lived in or near a moderate or high-crime area, carrying all the time would be necessary. Living in a rural area far from law enforcement might be good reason.

Many people who don't face discernible risks as described above carry all the time anyway because of other motivators. I'm thinkin' some do it in order to feel powerful. Some may do it because it fulfills some missing aspect of their identity or it boosts their self image. Others do it to demonstrate their commitment to protect loved ones. Some simply love guns while others want to project a 'bad ass' image. Obviously there are many other reasons not justified by real danger (risk).

While many people play the self-defense game based on imperceptible risk, they ignore real, deadly risks to themselves and loved ones presented in every day life. Consider the following:

1. Use of tobacco in all forms.
2. Excessive consumption of alcohol.
3. Being overweight.
4. Texting and sending/receiving calls while operating a vehicle.
5. Driving after consuming alcohol.
6. Operating a motorcycle.
7. Not getting periodic physical examinations.
8. Not getting colonoscopies as recommended.
9. Ignoring signs of health issues.
10. Not monitoring blood pressure.

Each high risk behavior in this small sample is far more likely to kill the participant than an assault on the streets or in one's home. Yet many among us ignore them while fixating every day over self defense weapons and tactics.

I'm just offering my humble opinion to stand along side glock2740's scholarly (or is it sarcastic?) point of view. As you can see, his view of the world is a bit different than mine.
First off, my post was not directed at you. So don't try and call me out with one of the dumbest posts I can remember seeing on here or anywhere else, as far as that goes, in a long long time. You do your thing and I'll do mine. I don't give a rats ass if you carry or don't. But leave me out of your silly posts.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 20:10   #59
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

I carry day and night. I manage a pawn shop, and carrying a pistol is just like having my wallet on me. Current carry pistol, G20.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Dogbite; 10-07-2012 at 20:41..
Dogbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 20:15   #60
ctfireman

I carry everywhere i legally can. I never go unarmed, especially out of laziness.

Rest in peace Okie, your memory will live on forever.
ctfireman is offline   Reply With Quote