Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2012, 21:47   #226
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
LSU will lose a minimum of 3 games . They are not a top 5 team . I'm an LSU fan , but I'm also a realist .
Agreed. They may not even be a top 10 team. They may well lose to SC, Bama and Miss State.

Some real issues. Offense is non-existent. O-line looks terrible.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 21:49   #227
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Barring the unforeseen, bizarre things that can happen in college football, the national championship will be played in Atlanta between Bama and South Carolina. Glad to see the ole ball coach back on top.

If that game were played today I think SC has the edge.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 10-06-2012 at 21:50..
Old 10-06-2012, 22:01   #228
Fwdftw

Hot damn woo pig sooie ! Maybe ill have a good time in fayetville next weekend

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Fwdftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 22:01   #229
Bow Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Oregon? Who have they played? The polls like easy touchdowns against garbage teams though so who knows.

Its a long season and crazy **** happens along the way every year.
6 of 12 teams are in the top 25. "Our" defense is outstanding and our offense is clicking well. I don't suspect a loss, USC may give us fits playing in their house though. We'll see. We definitely wouldn't get to the BCS championship as a one loss team.
Bow Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 22:12   #230
boomhower

I didn't think Florida State was going to make it. I would like to see SC run the table but I am curious to see how far WV is going to go, they look really good today. If it's not an all SEC title game I think WV is going to be there. Oregon will self implode at some point. Ohio State is also playing a lot better than I thought they would this year.
boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 22:16   #231
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Commander View Post
6 of 12 teams are in the top 25. "Our" defense is outstanding and our offense is clicking well. I don't suspect a loss, USC may give us fits playing in their house though. We'll see. We definitely wouldn't get to the BCS championship as a one loss team.
They're in the bottom of the top 25 and lets face it, they've beaten nobody's who probably won't be there at season's end. And USC is a good football team.

Oregon's defense is 34th in points against vs a pudding schedule. They've given up 99pts in the first 5 games. That isn't outstanding defense by any measure.

SC just destroyed #5, will destroy LSU next week and will likely beat a top 10 Florida with authority. And they're 7th in points against.

If SC runs the table in the East and Bama runs the table in the west with a tight game in the SEC championship, they make a strong argument to leapfrog Oregon and have another SEC rematch in the BCS game.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 10-06-2012 at 22:18..
Old 10-06-2012, 22:23   #232
domin8ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMBD View Post
I can't wait for the season to begin. It's nice to see respectful posts in regards to rivalrys. Not all of Alabama fans are loudmouths lol. Bring on Michigan. Roll Tide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Saban could learn a few things from those fans. He better not stop by in Utah. His fate is worse than anything LSU would do to him. Yeah, Utah won, but that didn't change what he said.

In case nobody can tell, I'm a Utah Utes fan. I've been one since before Urban Meyer became a household name, which started at Utah. I'm there for the wins and the losses. Speaking of losses, this season might be one of those rare times we don't go to a bowl game. First QB is out for the rest of his life. Second QB sucks. 3rd QB has talent and size, but he's a freshman. 3rd OC in as many years. 3rd offensive scheme in as many years. As long as we show improvement next year I'll be happy.

As for Thursday night's loss to USC, the Utes deserve to lose that game. Too many damn mistakes and penalties. You'll never win playing undisciplined football. That game was USCs to lose too. They also had way to many penalties.

Last edited by domin8ss; 10-06-2012 at 22:28..
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 22:25   #233
domin8ss

Quote:
They're in the bottom of the top 25 and lets face it, they've beaten nobody's who probably won't be there at season's end. And USC is a good football team.

Oregon's defense is 34th in points against vs a pudding schedule. They've given up 99pts in the first 5 games. That isn't outstanding defense by any measure.

SC just destroyed #5, will destroy LSU next week and will likely beat a top 10 Florida with authority. And they're 7th in points against.

If SC runs the table in the East and Bama runs the table in the west with a tight game in the SEC championship, they make a strong argument to leapfrog Oregon and have another SEC rematch in the BCS game.
...thus providing another quality example of why a playoff system is needed. Too much speculation and what ifs.
Old 10-06-2012, 22:31   #234
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8ss View Post
...thus providing another quality example of why a playoff system is needed. Too much speculation and what ifs.
Its coming shortly.

How likely do you think a team ranked 34th in points against will fare in a playoff system against Bama (1st in points against) or SC (7th in points against)?

Oregon gave up 34 against Arkansas State and 26 against Washington State. How many do you think they'll give up against Alabama?

For all its faults, the BCS tends to get it exactly right at the end.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 10-06-2012 at 22:34..
Old 10-06-2012, 22:38   #235
Bow Commander

Quote:

Out scored opponents 262-99, and it's about to be an even bigger point gap. SC is 34th in points for. What's your point? If we win out, we'll go to the Natty. The leapfrog scenario is a pretty big reach. But I've been surprised by the BCS before. Yes, we do need a playoff system.
Old 10-06-2012, 22:39   #236
Bow Commander

Quote:
Its coming shortly.

How likely do you think a team ranked 34th in points against will fare in a playoff system against Bama (1st in points against) or SC (7th in points against)?

Oregon gave up 34 against Arkansas State and 26 against Washington State. How many do you think they'll give up against Alabama?

Someone who watches the games would understand why. Our 3rd and 4th string is in by halftime.
Old 10-06-2012, 22:47   #237
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Someone who watches the games would understand why. Our 3rd and 4th string is in by halftime.
Yeah, Bama and SC never sub in the garbage time.
Old 10-06-2012, 22:53   #238
Hines57
Simple Member

Quote:
Barring the unforeseen, bizarre things that can happen in college football, the national championship will be played in Atlanta between Bama and South Carolina. Glad to see the ole ball coach back on top.

If that game were played today I think SC has the edge.
I see South Carolina losing 1, maybe 2. Florida losing 1 also and a toss up with FSU.
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 23:17   #239
Bow Commander

Quote:
Yeah, Bama and SC never sub in the garbage time.
Sure!

Not here to convert anybody. A lot of ball to be played, if we get there, we get there. Like you said, in the end the BCS usually gets it right.
Old 10-06-2012, 23:21   #240
SpoiledBySig

No matter how you look at it, South Carolina has a good (great) coach. As does Oregon and Alabama. It's honestly looking like Notre Dame picked the right man (Kelly) for the job...West Virginia has a good coach, but great talent with Geno Smith as QB.

South Carolina plays good teams great and bad teams badly. But with Spurrier as the head coach...they are always dangerous...very dangerous against a good team. As much as I detest Steve Spurrier, I have to admit he's a great coach.

When it comes to college football, it's not always the most talented team of players who win (talent helps, but a great coach makes a big difference).

The problem with a great coach and coaching staff...if they keep on winning, other teams give offers to the assistant coaches, making them head coaches and the great team soon becomes depleted.

FSU, under Bobby Bowden was a powerhouse team, up until Georgia lured their offensive coordinator, Mark Richt. Then FSU steadily began to really fall apart...it was an end of an era combined with Bobby Bowden making his son, Jeff Bowden, (the "Fredo" of the Bowden brothers) FSU's Offensive Coordinator...it was a true disaster. Bowden was ahead of Joe Paterno in wins until he made that blunder of a move.

Mark Richt was a great offensive coordinator. Jimbo Fisher was a very good offensive coordinator...They both just don't do quite as well being Head Coaches. Just an opinion.
Old 10-06-2012, 23:42   #241
rolltide_pisco
NRA Life Member

The job SOS has done at USC is amazing. A school who suffered for years trying to find their identity in a division who used to be known for the BIG 3 (UF, UGA and UT). I say alot is coaching but the HS talent coming from Georgia and in SC has helped alot.
Black Rifle Club #270
rolltide_pisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 00:08   #242
DairyFresh

College football already has a playoff system, it's called the SEC championship game.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:21   #243
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Out scored opponents 262-99, and it's about to be an even bigger point gap. SC is 34th in points for. What's your point? If we win out, we'll go to the Natty. The leapfrog scenario is a pretty big reach. But I've been surprised by the BCS before. Yes, we do need a playoff system.
They gave up 100 points in 5 games.
Old 10-07-2012, 15:11   #244
Bow Commander

Quote:
They gave up 100 points in 5 games.
No, I want the last word!
Old 10-07-2012, 15:19   #245
domin8ss

Quote:
Its coming shortly.

Tell that to the computer ranking system versus the people polls. How many people thought Utah would lose to Pitt in the 2005 Fiesta Bowl or Alabama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl. What about Boise State against Oklahoma? TCU against Wisconsin? Point being, these 34th in points, 1st in points, 7th in points, etc is not an apples-to-apples comparison. They didn't play the same teams. That's why a playoff system is essential. Is like to see it be 8 teams. Playoffs answer the unknown variables.

Additionally, most of the country thinks the SEC is full of themselves anyways. When Utah came out and destroyed Alabama in the Sugar Bowl by going up 21 points in the first 10 minutes it shut up all the people saying stuff like non SEC schools don't have the size or speed to compete with SEC programs. Boise State backed that up by beating Georgia a few years later. And, all of those teams did what they do without the depth bigger programs have. So, don't bother with that argument. What's the highest ranking any non BCS program has acheived after all the bowl games have been played? #2. What was their ranking before the bowl game? Below #4. Thus, under the upcoming playoff system they would not be included in a chance for the National Championship. I suggest adding one more week so that 8 teams can have a chance. Those teams would be the 6 BCS conference champs and 2 At Large. If those at large come from a non BCS or BCS conference I am fine with that, so long as it is fair. Case in point, current rules for a non BCS program to be eligible for a BCS bowl game are satisfactory.
Old 10-07-2012, 19:08   #246
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Pack over FSU. That was a fun game. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 19:51   #247
SpoiledBySig

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
Pack over FSU. That was a fun game. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah...it was a fun game for you.

NC State is always dangerous at home...you'd think FSU would figure that out by now.
Old 10-07-2012, 20:43   #248
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8ss View Post
Tell that to the computer ranking system versus the people polls. How many people thought Utah would lose to Pitt in the 2005 Fiesta Bowl or Alabama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl. What about Boise State against Oklahoma? TCU against Wisconsin? Point being, these 34th in points, 1st in points, 7th in points, etc is not an apples-to-apples comparison. They didn't play the same teams. That's why a playoff system is essential. Is like to see it be 8 teams. Playoffs answer the unknown variables.
It sure isn't an apples to apple comparison. Oregon has given up 120 points in their first 6 games and they haven't played ANYONE.

They give you lots of easy touchdowns against garbage teams.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 10-07-2012 at 20:44..
Old 10-13-2012, 14:09   #249
Hines57
Simple Member

Anybody going to get upset today?
Maybe LSU beating South Carolina?
Texas Tech beating WVU?

Is Notre Dame really a top ten team?

Last edited by Hines57; 10-13-2012 at 14:17..
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 15:12   #250
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines57 View Post
Anybody going to get upset today?
Maybe LSU beating South Carolina?
Texas Tech beating WVU?

Is Notre Dame really a top ten team?
I don't see LSU beating SC. SC is just too strong.

Texas Tech beats WVU...I know, someone will quote this one later

Notre Dame...uh, no.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote