Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:50   #61
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I MUCH prefer carbon steel for 1911s. Its the way to go for the tightest tolerences.

Me too and I MUCH prefer hard fit carbon Kart barrels over drop in 416 SS barrels.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:06   #62
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
Me too and I MUCH prefer hard fit carbon Kart barrels over drop in 416 SS barrels.
According to this comparison, it doesn't much matter:

http://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321236
Old 10-07-2012, 10:31   #63
G schütze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
Personally, I can do without the meaningless put 300-400 rounds through each and call it a extensive comparison.

The guy that did the comparison is a well respected gunsmith that happens to sell BOTH lines of guns. So there is no bias between DW and Baer on his part.

Too bad you can't do extensive testing because your Kimber won't make it 300-400 rounds without a malfunction!
G schütze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:54   #64
sns3guppy

My Kimber CDP Pro Compact hasn't had any problems. Perhaps I've just been lucky.

I've been quite happy with my Dan Wessons. I haven't run them through comparisons, but they factory triggers have been excellent. I have a Heritage that was one of their lower-end models, but which is absolutely (but not too) tight. The slide really feels nice; very smooth, very different than some of my other 1911's. For a low-end production pistol, it's quite good.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 22:51   #65
DaveFJ80
Señor Member

I've been looking into getting a current Valor in black, but they're expensive ($1900-ish for CA SSE prices). I considered a Les Baer, but what really turned me off was the finish on them and how they wore rather quickly, from what I've personally seen.... it's a peeve of mine to have a durable black finish that won't wear fast.

However, for a few hundred bucks more I'm currently now considering an EB Special Forces, or even comparable to that a LB SRP. While I like the fit & finish of the Valor, I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend a little bit more on the EB SF or LB SRP.
DaveFJ80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:05   #66
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFJ80 View Post
I've been looking into getting a current Valor in black, but they're expensive ($1900-ish for CA SSE prices). I considered a Les Baer, but what really turned me off was the finish on them and how they wore rather quickly, from what I've personally seen.... it's a peeve of mine to have a durable black finish that won't wear fast.

However, for a few hundred bucks more I'm currently now considering an EB Special Forces, or even comparable to that a LB SRP. While I like the fit & finish of the Valor, I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend a little bit more on the EB SF or LB SRP.
I got my SS Valor for $1,350 shipped.
Old 10-14-2012, 19:41   #67
HAIL CAESAR

Mine was right at 1,300.
Old 10-14-2012, 20:39   #68
MD357

I've seen Nowlin Barrels do less than 1" groups @ 50 yds all day long. Nobody could shoot this so I don't think makes a bit of difference as far as accuracy goes. I will say that Karts are generally less expensive but that doesn't matter in this comparison. To me, how could you go wrong with either?
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote