SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:00   #1
TattooedGlock
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Mag Pouch/Carrier Suggestions

I'm looking for a quality, comfortable mag pouch setup for PMags to carry a couple on my hip for competition. Thoughts, suggestions and photos appreciated. Thanks!

GSSF Life Member
1911 Club and Big Dawg Member
TattooedGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:07   #2
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

In the nonmilitary setup i.e you only need a few, get a good gunbelt and use a couple Blade-Tech kydex AR mag carriers.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:19   #3
mjkeat

I like a padded molle belt. I find them to be much more comfortable ( wider and padded), and you can take it off if needed and put it back on when you're ready to start shooting again. Like if you were to break for lunch. You can take the belt off and through it in your trunk then head to the local cafe.

Black Rifle Forum

Last edited by mjkeat; 10-07-2012 at 07:21..
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:24   #4
TattooedGlock
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I like a padded molle belt. I find them to be much more comfortable ( wider and padded), and you can take it off if needed and put it back on when you're ready to start shooting again. Like if you were to break for lunch. You can take the belt off and through it in your trunk then head to the local cafe.

Black Rifle Forum
Where did you find that setup?

GSSF Life Member
1911 Club and Big Dawg Member
TattooedGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:27   #5
jeepinbandit
Sgt. USMC

Send a message via Yahoo to jeepinbandit
Taco pouches. Espeically if you operate multiple platforms with various magazine sizes.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:01   #6
K. Foster

MJ, That looks like a good set up, tell us about it.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:05   #7
WoodenPlank
Who?

If you want cheap and simple, an old ALICE triple mag pouch on a standard pistol or riggers belt will work just fine. You can also toss one or two on an ALICE belt for quick on/off. Pouches should be $5 or less at your local surplus store, and belts for under $20.

If you want to start looking at packing more gear on your beltline, though, I would go wiyth a padded MOLLE belt. More modular, plenty of room for mags, handgun, medical, and a water bottle, and quality ones will be quite comfortable.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:25   #8
K. Foster

Most kydex holster companies offer something like this:
http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=32
Old 10-07-2012, 13:28   #9
surf

I have several set ups. I have personally moved away from war type, or padded molle belts, but I do prefer easy on / easy off set ups. I am now running 2 primary set ups. One is a from USGG, which is their contractor belt set up, but I now picked up a belt, holster and mag carriers from DSG Arms line up for my new G21. Like the DSG set up quite a bit. The inner and outer belt are awesome. Great Kydex also.

http://dsgarms.com/Category/241_1/DSG_Gear.aspx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 14:15   #10
CharlieDelta127

Look into a sub load. It's decent for the money, and it also serves a "tactical" purpose as well as "practical".

I have this one, and I like it alot- http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd-bd...r-sub-load.cfm

Lot of fun to use at the range when running drills. Defiantly worth the money, and it's quality as well.
CharlieDelta127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 14:36   #11
expatman

I like either the comp-tac or the Blade-tech.

I use the blade-tech at work because I prefer the tek-lock attachment system. It allows me to move the mag pouch from my war belt to my trouser belt whenever I wish without unlacing my belt.

Either company offers an outstanding product.
Old 10-07-2012, 14:45   #12
FireForged
Millenium #3936

highspeedgear (tacos and battlebelt)

tacticaltailor (battle belt)
Old 10-07-2012, 15:53   #13
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Subloads absolutely suck, I avoid them unless there is no other way (spare 40mm, multiple layers of extra gear, etc) and only lightweight stuff.

For competition the kydex models work best for most. If you go to a warbelt, a couple HSGI Tacos and a good retention type holster will work well.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 20:13   #14
K. Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
Subloads absolutely suck,
Absolutely agreed!
Old 10-07-2012, 20:20   #15
mjkeat

I run an AK and a VZ58 from time to time for a change of pace. Like others have mentioned the Tacos work great for that.

I stopped wearing a duty belt because it was uncomfortable and left bruises. I'm a wimp. I do like kydex and have a duty belt set-up using all kydex pouches and holster as well. For work I wear a 5.11 belt w/ kydex belt, no pouches normally.

The padded belt was pieced together from SKD for the most part.
Old 10-07-2012, 22:34   #16
captdreifus
aSun666

Here is what I currently run:

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum
Old 10-07-2012, 23:34   #17
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
Subloads absolutely suck, I avoid them unless there is no other way (spare 40mm, multiple layers of extra gear, etc) and only lightweight stuff.

For competition the kydex models work best for most. If you go to a warbelt, a couple HSGI Tacos and a good retention type holster will work well.
No freakin' kidding. Even thigh holsters suck, much less trying to load 4-6 mags on a drop leg.

My padded belt currently holds an ESEE knife, double/double mag pouch, dump pouch, hydration, IFAK/blowout kit, and a G-Gode XST RTI holster. I started with a basic Blackhawk belt set (because they were fairly cheap, and I just wanted to try the concept out), but I have an HSGI SGPB inbound to replace it.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:15   #18
mjkeat

I've been going back and forth on the RTI system from G-Code. Not so much hung up on if it's quality or not but if I want it attached directly to the molle or slightly lower (mule?). It's been a while since I've worn any sort of vest until this weekend. It makes a big difference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-08-2012, 07:43   #19
RatDrall

HSGI magazine pouches are bulkier, but you can put a PMAG in it bullets up, dust cover on if you prefer.

I use one with a Teklock from BladeTech for fast on/off.
RatDrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:58   #20
jeepinbandit
Sgt. USMC

Send a message via Yahoo to jeepinbandit
Yeah I'd avoid the subloads unless you have no other choice. I don't even recommend the use of drop leg holsters anymore unless you have no other choice (body armor selection or what not). The "duty drop" holsters are better all around and can usually clear most body armor.