Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2012, 13:40   #1
Flintlocker

Romney lies about pre-existing conditions in debate

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...sident-rom.php

Quote:
Pressed by TPM’s Evan McMorris-Santoro, Fehrnstrom said those who currently lack coverage because they have pre-existing conditions would need their states to implement their own laws — like Romney’s own Massachusetts health care law — that ban insurance company from discriminating against sick people.
This isn't the first time Romney's lied in front of a national audience and then had his advisers come out and correct him. Apparently he thinks undecided voters would be stupid enough to believe this BS... and he may be right. What a weasel.
Flintlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:43   #2
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

chance of rain this evening

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:43   #3
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlocker View Post

This isn't the first time Romney's lied in front of a national audience and then had his advisers come out and correct him. Apparently he thinks undecided voters would be stupid enough to believe this BS... and he may be right. What a weasel.
Oh, no! Flintlicker posted a DU talking point that says Romney lied. That does it for me. I'm voting for Obama. Four years of him just isnt' enough. I need eight.

Last edited by series1811; 10-06-2012 at 13:43..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:49   #4
Flintlocker

Ahh, what do you know, the cowards arrive to display their inability to address reality. Congrats boys.
Old 10-06-2012, 13:49   #5
Bren
NRA Life Member

Hint: under "Romney’s plan to repeal Obamacare" health insurance laws on preexisting conditions would be just like they are now, which means if states want to ban preexisting condition exclusions, they would have to do so at the state level.

Do I say "so what" or point out that that is exactly what Romney supporters want/expect to happen?

Last edited by Bren; 10-06-2012 at 13:51..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:51   #6
Snowman92D

Quote:
What a weasel.
Weasel presidents, I can handle. Marxist presidents, not so much. So...I guess "O" isn't the guy I should vote for.
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:52   #7
JFrame

So -- let me get this straight -- assuming that Romney lied in the debate, Obama was too stupid and uninformed to refute those lies?

Do we want someone that ignorant and incapable of extemporaneous thought to be dealing with some of the world's shrewdest and most devious national leaders???

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:52   #8
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Ahh, what do you know, the cowards arrive to display their inability to address reality. Congrats boys.

I notice you were away for a few days after your man crahsed and burned in the debate.
Old 10-06-2012, 13:53   #9
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Oh, no! Flintlicker posted a DU talking point that says Romney lied. That does it for me. I'm voting for Obama. Four years of him just isnt' enough. I need eight.
Oh no, Romney suggested something other than a Big Government solution to make everybody's lives just perfect. No I can't stand for that.

I want the Federal Government to step in and take over health care and run it as efficiently as they have Social Security, the war on drugs, and the war on terror. The only way we can count on that kind of effectiveness and efficiency is by trusting the Federal Government.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:53   #10
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Flinty has the proverbial 'chance of a snowball in hell' of deflecting this crowd. ....

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:56   #11
Flintlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Hint: under "Romney’s plan to repeal Obamacare" health insurance laws would be just liek they are now, which means if states want to ban preexisting condition exclusions, they would have to do so at the state level. Do I say "so what" or point out that that is exactly what Romney supporters want/expect to happen?
Romney said: "I do have a plan that deals with people with pre-existing conditions. That's part of my health care plan." He said that to appeal to undecideds, who are generally low information people, and they're gonna think, "great, Romney has pre-existing conditions covered." But it's a lie. His plan is to let the states decide. That's no plan, it's a cloud of BS that he hopes will fool people just long enough to get himself elected. It's just like his lie about lowering income taxes by 20% isn't going to crater the national debt. It's pure hokum.
Old 10-06-2012, 13:57   #12
countrygun

I can't wait until all health care is run by the Feds on the TSA model.
Old 10-06-2012, 13:58   #13
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

The FUD is all yours, now ......

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 14:00   #14
Flintlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
Flinty has the proverbial 'chance of a snowball in hell' of deflecting this crowd. ....

Yes, I do realize that getting you extremist ideologues to rationally confront even this obvious lie from Romney has a snowballs chance at success. Most of you are too far gone. But I do find it amusing.
Old 10-06-2012, 14:08   #15
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Romney said: "I do have a plan that deals with people with pre-existing conditions. That's part of my health care plan." He said that to appeal to undecideds, who are generally low information people, and they're gonna think, "great, Romney has pre-existing conditions covered." But it's a lie. His plan is to let the states decide. That's no plan, it's a cloud of BS that he hopes will fool people just long enough to get himself elected. It's just like his lie about lowering income taxes by 20% isn't going to crater the national debt. It's pure hokum.
So, in short: YOU say that Romney never said pre-existing conditions would be covered, but that he should have expected people to assume that.

Good one. You guys really caught him.

Another standard Flintlocker thread - ranting that a guy lied, just before admitting he didn't.

Last edited by Bren; 10-06-2012 at 14:09..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 14:13   #16
Flintlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
So, in short: YOU say that Romney never said pre-existing conditions would be covered, but that he should have expected people to assume that.

Good one. You guys really caught him.

Another standard Flintlocker thread - ranting that a guy lied, just before admitting he didn't.
It's a lie because its intent is to deceive.
Old 10-06-2012, 14:19   #17
Snowman92D

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I want the Federal Government to step in and take over health care and run it as efficiently as they have Social Security, the war on drugs, and the war on terror. The only way we can count on that kind of effectiveness and efficiency is by trusting the Federal Government.
Yes...yes. And we need a President who will be more "flexible" after the election.
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 14:20   #18
countrygun

Quote:
It's a lie because its intent is to deceive.
Kind of like saying,

"If I don't get it fixed in three years then it's a one-term proposition"

???

Old 10-06-2012, 14:24   #19
DOC44

Quote:

obama lies about any and everything that fits his needs.

Doc44
Old 10-06-2012, 14:33   #20
Flintlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Kind of like saying,

"If I don't get it fixed in three years then it's a one-term proposition"

???

No, not like that at all, but explaining the difference probably wouldn't help you.
Old 10-06-2012, 14:35   #21
countrygun

Quote:
No, not like that at all, but explaining the difference probably wouldn't help you.
I doubt you could explain anything in a way that would help anybody.
Old 10-06-2012, 14:42   #22
Fed Five Oh
NRA Member

Well Heavens to Bettsy's, look who showed back up with her little talking points.

Did you have a nervous breakdown after the debate Wednesday night?
Fed Five Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 14:44   #23
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Fishing season is runnin late this year.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 14:47   #24
IvanVic

Quote:
Letting states decide is the right choice.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 14:51   #25
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

More emotional Leftist (newest talking Points)

lemming horse Sh!%@ta....
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote