Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:30   #21
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
He won by 50,000 votes here in 2008.

So, we just need 25,001 to switch.

I saw clusters around the college towns, while I'll never root for VA Tech again. Plus the usual suspects.

It's getting ugly up north here. I'm seeing too many obama signs…depressing. Its the refugees from MD, not content to have screwed up where they were, so they move here where its better and start doing the same s@$%. Idiots.

Yup -- NoVA is indeed ugly. The rest of Virginia, from Prince William and Loudoun County out (and even western Fairfax), have to hold the center.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:18   #22
onebigelf

Quote:
Topic: Town meeting format including foreign and domestic policy
Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Location: Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York (Tickets)
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
Moderator: Candy Crowley (CNN Chief Political Correspondent)

The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which citizens will ask questions of the candidates on foreign and domestic issues. Candidates each will have two minutes to respond, and an additional minute for the moderator to facilitate a discussion. The town meeting participants will be undecided voters selected by the Gallup Organization.
Expect the questions to focus on abortion, gay marriage, illegal immigration, welfare, medicare, social security, and all of the other environmental and social issues that the Democrats love to hang the Republicans on.

Candy Crowley is an uber lib and has stated since the first debate that she thinks the moderator needs to exert more control.

John

Last edited by onebigelf; 10-06-2012 at 13:20..
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:24   #23
Flintlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNman View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but oversampling is a big "no-no". Rasmnussen - the poll in question - was one of very few that is not accused of such.

But you knew that.... nice try at a strawman.
What you've shown is that you don't know what a strawman is. A strawman is when you distort your opponents position and then argue against the distortion. I saw no one exempting Rassmussen from criticism when their polls showed Obama leading in virtually every swing state. And I see no distortion in saying that you right wingers complained about every poll being skewed, sometimes by as much as 20%.

But magically, when Willard gets in to the margin of error, all that's forgotten.
Flintlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:41   #24
Snowman92D

Hey, Flint...I've been meaning to ask. The debate started at 9:00pm, and DU went into seclusion about 9:33pm for some reason. 'Sup widdat...?
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:41   #25
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlocker View Post
What you've shown is that you don't know what a strawman is. A strawman is when you distort your opponents position and then argue against the distortion. I saw no one exempting Rassmussen from criticism when their polls showed Obama leading in virtually every swing state. And I see no distortion in saying that you right wingers complained about every poll being skewed, sometimes by as much as 20%.

But magically, when Willard gets in to the margin of error, all that's forgotten.
Let me get this straight. We're right wingers (I understand because we like guns and all) so you're a left winger?

Or, I bet you're a moderate centrist, right?
Old 10-06-2012, 13:44   #26
Flintlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Let me get this straight. We're right wingers (I understand because we like guns and all) so you're a left winger?

I'd say, at least on this issue, is that most of the people on this forum are either ignorant or hypocritical, or both.
Old 10-06-2012, 13:47   #27
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post

No, no,no,

as you can see by his answer in the post above, he is "Special".
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 14:08   #28
Flintlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
No, no,no,

as you can see by his answer in the post above, he is "Special".
If by special you mean I don't have my head up my ass, then you're right.
Old 10-06-2012, 14:26   #29
countrygun

Quote:
If by special you mean I don't have my head up my ass, then you're right.

And anybody who doesn't agree with you must have.

Typical liberal.
Old 10-06-2012, 14:32   #30
Flintlocker

Quote:
And anybody who doesn't agree with you must have.

Typical liberal.
There's a difference between having legitimate disagreement with people and having to deal with people who are so dishonest that they won't acknowledge a completely different position that they held just a week ago.
Old 10-06-2012, 14:49   #31
countrygun

Quote:
There's a difference between having legitimate disagreement with people and having to deal with people who are so dishonest that they won't acknowledge a completely different position that they held just a week ago.
It's boring when all you get out of the Obama people are the DU talking points and an "If you don't agree, you're dumb" out of them.

You just throw out the latest jingo from DU and insult anyone who doesn't agree.

Dry up and blow away
Old 10-06-2012, 14:58   #32
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:

Straw man, who's saying the Rassmussen polls of a week ago weren't accurate?
Old 10-06-2012, 15:31   #33
Flintlocker

Quote:
It's boring when all you get out of the Obama people are the DU talking points and an "If you don't agree, you're dumb" out of them.

You just throw out the latest jingo from DU and insult anyone who doesn't agree.

Dry up and blow away
Ok, I'll make this simple for you. Last week, here at GTPI, was nearly everyone complaining that the polls were inaccurate and that it was a deliberate effort by the pollsters to lie... or not?
Old 10-06-2012, 16:50   #34
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Meh. MAcallan 12/18. Balvenie.

Bourbon. Single barrel. Stagg, vanWinkle. Eagle 17.
Oh, I'd sip any of the above with you and never bat an eye. But when I'm buying, it's Glenlivet.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 16:56   #35
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:

That is PRECISELY what you did. You took the subject matter at hand - that the polls have swung in the swing states, offering some change in favor of Romney - and distorted the view that no one here holds any credence in ANY poll, since we hold the skewed ones in no significant regard. Then you argue against that.

Just as you are doing now - making a strawman out of the use of the word strawman.

Rasmussen has been offering polls as the whole country, not as individual states. The polls that were being questioned were not Rasmussen, they were the ones who were skewed in favor of the Dem.

Polls are what they are. I will state here just what I would state were it the other way around - it ain't over until it is.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 16:58   #36
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Should be easy to prove. We'll be waiting.

Of course, I suppose since your hero, Obama, couldn't be bothered to do so when he had the podium, but instead waited until it was over to cry "liar" without a shred of proof, that's probably the tack you'll take too, eh?

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 16:59   #37
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Ok, I'll make this simple for you. Last week, here at GTPI, was nearly everyone complaining that the polls were inaccurate and that it was a deliberate effort by the pollsters to lie... or not?
Your generalization is your error.

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!