SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:59   #1
LEO/Dad
Navy Veteran

Coast to Coast AM, Live nightly 1am-5am EST

Has anyone ever listen to this radio show? I recently did for the first time. The show raises a lot of questions about what people have experienced.

A media phenomenon, Coast to Coast AM deals with UFO's, strange occurrences, life after death, and other unexplained (and often unexplicable) phenomena. Coast to Coast AM is overnight talk radio with daytime ratings.

Coast to Coast AM airs on more than 560 stations in the U.S., as well as Canada, Mexico and Guam, and is heard by nearly three million weekly listeners. With hosts George Noory, John B. Wells (weekend), George Knapp (weekend) and Ian Punnett (weekend), it is the most listened to overnight radio program in North America.
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
LEO/Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:57   #2
Historian
Lifetime Membership
NRA Benefactor

I used to be a big fan of this show back when Art Bell was in charge. Like many of his listeners I wish he'd come back to the air ways. The show is still good...but Art...he was a special person when it came to late night radio.

The guy could interview a rock and make it interesting.

jim

-Historian-
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:01   #3
bobby_w
Platinum Membership
Alienigena

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...light=Art+Bell
bobby_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:02   #4
paynter2
It ain't over

I don't listen to late night radio - I do check their schedule to see if there's anything that interests me. UFO's, Bigfoot, and crop circles don't (interest me).

But, if I find something i like, I download the podcast and listen to it in my car. I have a 4 hour commute (each way) once a week. I get tired of Rush and can't listen to Hannity. So this gives me something different.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:38   #5
airmotive
Tin Kicker

Way back when....
I used to work the night shift fueling airplanes at ORF. Art Bell helped pass the time.
It was fun listening to 'scientists' with no grasp of science, biologists with no grasp of biology, and just about every other self-proclaimed "...ist" who, in reality, had just enough knowledge about a particular subject to sound intelligent to people who knew nothing of a particular subject.
And Art Bell could just make it all sound that much more legitimate.
He was an artist of the absurd, and a true entertainer.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45   #6
Ironbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEO/Dad View Post
Has anyone ever listen to this radio show? I recently did for the first time. The show raises a lot of questions about what people have experienced.

A media phenomenon, Coast to Coast AM deals with UFO's, strange occurrences, life after death, and other unexplained (and often unexplicable) phenomena. Coast to Coast AM is overnight talk radio with daytime ratings.

Coast to Coast AM airs on more than 560 stations in the U.S., as well as Canada, Mexico and Guam, and is heard by nearly three million weekly listeners. With hosts George Noory, John B. Wells (weekend), George Knapp (weekend) and Ian Punnett (weekend), it is the most listened to overnight radio program in North America.
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
Every once in a while I listen briefly when it's late (or very early). I listen for laughs. The last time I listened in, they had some ditzy broad on who wrote a book about werewolf people inhabiting the forests of the New England area. There have been "hundreds" of sightings, but gosh darn it every time someone whips out a camera to take a picture it turns out all fuzzy! LMAO!

That show is strictly for the tin foil hat crowd.
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19   #7
Historian
Lifetime Membership
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
Ever

That show is strictly for the tin foil hat crowd.
You do know of the vampire issues in New England right? There are dozens of cases of people who died of consumption who were dug up by their families to ensure they were dead.

In many cases their mouths were filled with garlic, leg bones removed and placed cross their chests and sometimes heads removed in an old world tradition of dealing with the undead.

It goes along nicely with the vanishing towns of New England. The place is truly rural, especially in the 1700s as time went on and industry took root people moved from towns...sometimes leaving plates on tables as if for a dinner.

In both cases there are reasons these things happened. But this is the type of thing that Art was a magician at spinning into a night of entertainment.

When he was big back in the late 90s and early 2000s I was working a night shift as a rural deputy. He passed a lot of time for us...the guy is a legend.

-Historian-
Old 10-06-2012, 09:33   #8
El_Ron1
AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
I used to be a big fan of this show back when Art Bell was in charge. Like many of his listeners I wish he'd come back to the air ways. The show is still good...but Art...he was a special person when it came to late night radio.

The guy could interview a rock and make it interesting.

jim
True dat.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:54   #9
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Yes, it is a place for adults to act like small children playing "who can make up the biggest lie"

The smart ones do it for money...they sad thing is some of them do it for passion. Such wasted lives.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:55   #10
G23Gen4.40
.40 Rocks

I was on thirds for awhile, I would listen every once in awhile when I needed a good laugh. Some of the stories were really out there and the callers were something else.

Last edited by G23Gen4.40; 10-06-2012 at 09:56..
G23Gen4.40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:20   #11
Wake_jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Yes, it is a place for adults to act like small children playing "who can make up the biggest lie"

The smart ones do it for money...they sad thing is some of them do it for passion. Such wasted lives.
That's pretty harsh. After all, it's just entertainment. And who knows, some of the stuff they talk about might be true.
Wake_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:22   #12
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake_jumper View Post
That's pretty harsh. After all, it's just entertainment. And who knows, some of the stuff they talk about might be true.
Yes, it is entertainment...that is why I said some of them do it for the money. I dont fault them.

...it is the poor fools who believe it. That is a shame.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:35   #13
PAGunner

I catch bits of it from time to time as I'm usually up very early and sometimes up very late. I laugh every time I hear it, as others have said, weirdos call talking about nonsense. Only reason I listen is because my radio dial in my car does not change from the AM station Rush, Beck, Hannith & Levine is on.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:54   #14
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEO/Dad View Post

.....and the same questions will be 'almost' answered, so close, soon 20 years from now on the show!
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:47   #15
TKM
Lifetime Membership
Shiny Member

I had a crew who mostly lived in Mex and they'd polished their English by listening to American radio. At first they sounded like DJs all of the time. It was a real crack-up.

Then I turned them on to C2C. Next thing you know it was all bigfoot, UFOs, chupacabras and crop circles.

I still have the occasional urge to drop Linda Moulton Howe on a stack of numerologists. Somebody teach that woman to sight read already.
TKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:03   #16
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

LEO/Dad...

Congrats, you just completed the last phase of FTO.

Listening to C2C/Art Bell on graves.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:28   #17
Historian
Lifetime Membership
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake_jumper View Post
I've never seen a space alien....or been abducted...but that doesn't mean I discount the idea that life exists beyond our own planet.

Nor do I think that big foot could not exist...it's just very much unlikely that I will shoot one this hunting season. I have about the same chance of being zapped out of my blind by a space alient and probed beyond all belief and released into a mating gage wtih Elvis.

Some also said the Coelacanth was a thing of the past. Until someone saw it in a fish market.

-Historian-
Old 10-06-2012, 13:14   #18
turretg

I don't mind saying I've witnessed some unidentified' s. I think some of us have too. Does not mean its Marvin martian, just....unidentified.

Last edited by turretg; 10-06-2012 at 13:15..
turretg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:21   #19
Happypuppy

In the 80's I did when I worked the night shift. The callers made the show. One guy I still remember called a lot, said he was from the future and would give " Future News" it was hilarious.

Sent via Messenger Pigeon
Happypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:22   #20
Hawaiiglock

I'd always listen to C2C at night while traveling the desolate road that goes in between the island that has many ghost stories of it's own. Believer or not, some of the stories on the program could make the hair on the back of your neck stand up!
Hawaiiglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:28   #21
Historian
Lifetime Membership
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiglock View Post
I'd always listen to C2C at night while traveling the desolate road that goes in between the island that has many ghost stories of it's own. Believer or not, some of the stories on the program could make the hair on the back of your neck stand up!
I could not...listen to live exorcisms. That...crossed my line.

-Historian-
Old 10-06-2012, 13:41   #22
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

I find most of it unbelievable, but it is an "outlet" for people who like to up between 1 and 5 in the morning as well as something for Cop to listen to during the same time frame on a slow night.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 20:00   #23
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
In the 80's I did when I worked the night shift. The callers made the show.

....it was hilarious.
Ditto. My favorite was an "medium" who said that any time you hear 3 knocks (on the wall, headboard, whatever) it was the "White Brotherhood" trying to make contact. Her "WB" was a cadre of spirits in the afterlife who banded together to help the living with warnings, premonitions, etc.

She went on to explain that anyone with 6 letters in their given name was likely a member of the WB in human form, and would need to allow these spirits to assist them in their earthly duties, blah blah blah...

I was rolling
Old 10-06-2012, 20:16   #24
Giddyupgo55

Use to listen to it when I worked nights. First it was Art Bell then George took over. Art was a lot better.
Giddyupgo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 21:20   #25
clint curtis

Art Bell helped me make it through many a night working 3rd f'ing shift.