Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2012, 21:43   #1
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

GTD Users/Enthusiasts

I can't explain why but I've been oblivious to this until someone just recently mentioned it on a GT "how do you stay organized" thread. I listened to the audiobook once.

So, in an unrelated parallel activity I've been contemplating learning Omnifocus. Had no idea it was built around GTD until I listened to the book and started researching GTD tools and ways to learn the system better. Bizarre. The GTD book seems dated in terms of paper folders and so forth in a paperless world, so I was contriving ways to do the system with virtual folders, maybe evernote, when I stumbled on the fact that Omnifocus was built specifically for that purpose.

So, I'm ankle deep in it now. Spent some time doing mind sweep today. Starting to process some items in the inbox. It makes perfect sense so far. I especially like "context" and the way it takes a cross section of your actions to help you knock things out.

I look forward to the mind like water. Not there yet. Still too much out there and haven't really fully implemented.

On a negative note, I am pessimistic about having the discipline to process my inbox daily and review on a regular basis. I'm also cautious about using 2 inboxes at the moment: Evernote and Omnifocus. It also seems to be a rather time consuming endeavor though I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt that it will be so until the system is fully functional.

Tell me your tricks, secrets and tools. What have you learned along the way?
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote