Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
More insults.
Not when they are true.
Old 10-05-2012, 18:25   #152
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
And your credibility - what little you had left - is gone.

WTC 1 & 2 were NOT designed to take the impact of a fully loaded 707 at 600mph.

"The two towers were the first structures outside of the military and nuclear industries designed to resist the impact of a jet airliner, the Boeing 707. It was assumed that the jetliner would be lost in the fog, seeking to land at JFK or at Newark. To the best of our knowledge, little was known about the effects of a fire from such an aircraft, and no designs were prepared for that circumstance. Indeed, at that time, no fireproofing systems were available to control the effects of such fires."

- Leslie Robertson, Lead Structural Engineer on the WTC

http://www.nae.edu/Publications/TheB...adeCenter.aspx

I have 2,000 hours on military 707's. For takeoff, rotation at about 140-142 kts, gear up around 170. For landing (flaps down) approach was a little over 150.

So, no, the 707 was not planned for 600 mph.
The super secret ones designed with the help of the area 51 aliens can do mach 2 . They were flown into the towers by Amelia Earhart's clone and the pilot who faked Buddy Holly's death.
Old 10-05-2012, 18:32   #153
Spiffums
I.C.P.

GNG is alot better when you don't read what anyone with less than 7500 posts say..........
Old 10-05-2012, 18:35   #154
Ragnar

Quote:
It matters not what you or I believe, it matters what the facts are. Right?

It matters not what you or I think, it matters what they actually did. Right?

I agree to not be verbose if you won't. Deal?

http://www.nist.gov/manuscript-publi...?pub_id=101012

Please see: NIST NCSTAR 1-2, WTC Investigation, Page 302, paragraph number 3.
Yes, para 3 is very interesting. Especially the last sentence where the authors admit

"No documentary evidence of the aircraft analysis was available to review the criteria and methods used in the analysis of the aircraft impact into the WTC towers, or to provide details on the ability of the WTC towers to withstand such impacts."

In other words, they were guessing based on stories they heard.
Old 10-05-2012, 18:39   #155
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
GNG is alot better when you don't read what anyone with less than 7500 posts say..........

Is this supposed to be a catch 22 or something?
Old 10-05-2012, 19:03   #156
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
And your credibility - what little you had left - is gone.

WTC 1 & 2 were NOT designed to take the impact of a fully loaded 707 at 600mph. ...
Wrong again. They weren't pilots, they were engineers and building designers.

Hey, a 757 or 767 cannot fly at 600mph so close to the ground without coming apart, but engineers ALWAYS over build the applications by at least a factor of 1.5 times what is going to be required, and more typically they design and build over by a factor of 3 times what is going to be required.

With regards to the 1 & 2 WTC, the outside columns, from bottom to top, were able to hold up to 5 times the weight above them. The inside, or core columns, were able to hold 3 times the weight above them. Why? They over built for the applications.

Now, you may be a pilot, but you are definitely not a an engineer.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-05-2012 at 19:53..
Old 10-05-2012, 19:10   #157
Glock13

If you really want to see Peace Warrior fall flat on his face, ask him what really happened on 9/11.
Old 10-05-2012, 19:13   #158
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Yes, para 3 is very interesting. Especially the last sentence where the authors admit

"No documentary evidence of the aircraft analysis was available to review the criteria and methods used in the analysis of the aircraft impact into the WTC towers, or to provide details on the ability of the WTC towers to withstand such impacts."

In other words, they were guessing based on stories they heard.

There is no such caveat to sentence #3 in the report. Unless they pulled a switch-a-roo after all the FOIA requests. Hmmmm... if they did, that's telling the truth to the American People huh?

Anyway, NIST cannot get away with such a change, IF you are to be believed in the first place, as numerous sites have already captured the page before the change,.

Here's just one I had bookmarked.

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/WTC.html

ETA: None of the pages I have show anything like you are asserting. Guess you are wrong again.

For instance, below is from NIST NCSTAR 1-2, WTC Investigation, Page 302, paragraph number 3; additionally, I've included the ending and beginning excerpts, of paragraphs 2 and 4 respectively. No where in it does it have the sentence you claim to have found.

"[2.] ... extremely high velocity gusts.

3. The buildings have been investigated and found to be safe in an assumed collision with a large jet airliner (Boeing 707 - DC 8) traveling at 600 miles per hour. Analysis indicates that such collision would result in only local damage which could not cause collapse or substantial damage to the building and would not endanger the lives and safety of occupants not in the immediate area of impact.

4. Because of its..."

^ Emphasis mine.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-05-2012 at 19:59..
Old 10-05-2012, 19:32   #159
Smithers

[QUOTE=Beware Owner;19481226]Does anybody hate that our men and women are dying in the middle east fighting a global war on "terror"? I don't think that our was is justified, we should be looking in. Those responsible for the towers and the slaughter of our servicepeople are still walking around unpunished.

I was wondering... do you think Whale Wars is real or fake ?
Old 10-05-2012, 19:43   #160
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
...Hey, a 757 and 767 cannot fly at 600mph without coming apart...

http://www.boeing.com/history/boeing/757.html

Top speed:609 mph
Old 10-05-2012, 19:47   #161
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Thank you for correcting me on a technicality.

The flight windows of the 757 and 767, respectively, will not allow either plane to fly at 600 mph at the altitude of impact on 09-11-2001. The air would literally tear the jet apart of if tried to attain that speed so close to the ground. (If it ever could BTW. )

Again, I stand corrected and fixed my previous posting.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-05-2012 at 19:53..
Old 10-05-2012, 19:49   #162
dango

neo-con agenda ?
Old 10-05-2012, 19:52   #163
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
If I was there knowing what was going to happen then yes, I would run the other way and so would you. If you knew that those buildings were going to come down like they did leaving no chance of survival for anybody nearby you'd run like hell. I don't care how much of a chest pounder you feel like being about it. Fancy yourself a hero all you like, you're just FOS and nobody's impressed.

You seem to be having trouble staying on point with this discussion. Maybe you're too emotional about it. I never said that they didn't know it was a terrorist attack did I? It was obvious that it was to anybody with half a brain once that second plane hit, or were you still unsure at that point? If so then you were the only one still scratching your head wondering why 2 planes had hit buildings that terrorists had already bombed once in 93.

It's obvious that you have trouble separating what you read from what you feel. What I said was that they didn't expect the buildings to come down the way they did. They were trying to get in there and get the fire out and get people out like they were trained to do. Once that first building came down I can guarantee you that the call was made to pull everyone out, heroics be dammed.

Dribble again.

The 1000s and 1000s of documented factual accounts of heroic actions by people in immediate and mortal danger prove you unequivocally wrong. Not everybody reacts by turning tail and running away a you seem to champion. While you offer nothing but conjecture of what you think people would do (based on you) these accounts offer undeniable proof that you are wrong.

The sad part you have the nerve to sit safely behind your keyboard and sprout off about those on the front lines doing what you would never have the nerve to do. Very courageous of you.
Old 10-05-2012, 19:56   #164
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
neo-con agenda ?
ragnar? Yeah... Me thinks he doth protest too much.
Old 10-05-2012, 19:59   #165
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
It's obvious you took offense to my post, but as I said on the other two threads where you mentioned this over and over, it was your posts that made me think there were two different people posting under your username.

Again, you say there is only you posting, fine, I believe you, but it is the impression I got when reading your post here on GT.

BTW: Who's following whom around?
I don't follow your posts, I "stumble" across them.

all I have to do is find the closest conspiracy theory thread, or religious thread, and BAM! There's PW!

Not offended bro, I found and still do find it funny. It reflects your views on the real world and conspiracy theories there, too. Basically, they're BS.

But hey! I 100% support your right to any kooky imaginary friend or conspiracy theory you'd like to believe in, it's entertaining to say the least.
Old 10-05-2012, 20:04   #166
Shinytop

In the abstract we all know that number of posts on a given board does not indicate whether the poster has any greater insight into truth or reason than posters with fewer. But every once in a while a poster helps bring the abstract into sharp focus. Thank you, Peace Warrior.
Old 10-05-2012, 20:04   #167
Ruggles

Quote:
That's a great mindset for justifying getting involved in any conflict anywhere in the world if one's so inclined, as our government obviously is. Just convince enough blindly patriotic twits that their freedom is in danger and they're all for it.

I would argue that the rest of Europe should have been more vigilent about keeping Germany at bay once they invaded Poland and made their intentions known. It's their continent, let them handle it. Since they couldn't and especially since Japan hand delivered us an invitation to the war of course we would get involved at that point.But so what if some country on the other side of the world takes over some other tiny country? It's none of our concern. Let them know in no uncertain terms that once they bring that fight to us they'll be sorry. You know, the whole M.A.D. thing. It would also be good to have such a strong economy because we haven't been wasting trillions of $$$ on stupid wars that we could nearly shut anybody down just with trade sanctions and our financial clout with other nations.

But we can't have that now can we? Because that would make everyone prosperous instead of just the select few power players that currently are.
Amazing plan, ignore the threat until you are attacked directly. Worked wonders for Russia, France and Britain when dealing with the Nazis in the 1930s and early 40s.

Someday the medical community will perfect the ability to transplant testicles, you might want to start savings up now. Maybe you can get a buy one get one free deal.
Old 10-05-2012, 20:06   #168
dango

Quote:
ragnar? Yeah... Me thinks he doth protest too much.
Nope.wrong answer!

All the answers,Who and What !

Last edited by dango; 10-05-2012 at 20:07..
Old 10-05-2012, 20:16   #169
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post

Dribble again.

The 1000s and 1000s of documented factual accounts of heroic actions by people in immediate and mortal danger prove you unequivocally wrong. Not everybody reacts by turning tail and running away a you seem to champion. While you offer nothing but conjecture of what you think people would do (based on you) these accounts offer undeniable proof that you are wrong.

The sad part you have the nerve to sit safely behind your keyboard and sprout off about those on the front lines doing what you would never have the nerve to do. Very courageous of you.
You're a wiz with the strawman arguments there. You should come over to the religious forum sometime. You could misrepresent what people say all day long and be in good company while you're at it.
Old 10-05-2012, 20:17   #170
HollowHead
Firm member

I worked in WTC 1 for two years and 2 for one and lost a cousin and a dozen or so high school classmates. Seanmac here was there that day. I think Rabbi was in 2 the day before. These are the posts worth listening to. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
Old 10-05-2012, 20:35   #171
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
I don't follow your posts, I "stumble" across them. ...
But of course...
Quote:
... all I have to do is find the closest [09-11] conspiracy theory thread... and BAM! There's PW! ...
Fixed it for ya!
Quote:
... Not offended bro, (yet you have pointed it out, IIRC, three times on three different threads... my spidery senses sure picked up on something... Hmmmm...) I found and still do find it funny. It reflects your views on the real world and conspiracy theories there, too. Basically, they're BS. (-O-R-, don't hold back, please, tell me how you really feel... ) ...

But hey! I 100% support your right to any kooky imaginary friend or conspiracy theory you'd like to believe in, it's entertaining to say the least.
Imaginary friend? I never told YOU about any imaginary friend. Oh wait, just one more failed attempt from you to create humor at my expense. Keep your day job, you're not quite a comedienne yet.
Old 10-05-2012, 20:36   #172
Ruggles

Quote:
You're a wiz with the strawman arguments there. You should come over to the religious forum sometime. You could misrepresent what people say all day long and be in good company while you're at it.

At least have the courage to own what you posted.

Enough of you in my life....
Old 10-05-2012, 20:56   #173
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock13 View Post
If you really want to see Peace Warrior fall flat on his face, ask him what really happened on 9/11.
Well, let's see...

Planes hit two, maybe three buildings.

Three buildings were imploded.

Almost 2900 people were murdered on 09-11-2001, and my best guesstimate is that nearly 290,000 more murders have occurred since 09-11.

I know I only hit the highlights... anything specific you want to mention?
Old 10-05-2012, 21:03   #174
dango

Why Romney and not Paul,why was he ousted ?
I would had voted for him hands down over each of what
is offered ! Why ? Why not Ron Paul ?

Why do I try ?
I'll tell you Why, because Ron Paul is no friend to NEO-CONS
ethics and just what is a NEO-CON.? Do your home or not?

Last edited by dango; 10-05-2012 at 21:08..
Old 10-05-2012, 21:08   #175
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
I worked in WTC 1 for two years and 2 for one and lost a cousin and a dozen or so high school classmates. Seanmac here was there that day. I think Rabbi was in 2 the day before. These are the posts worth listening to. HH
So one could assume your premise is that if one had worked there prior to 09-11, on 09-11, just before 09-11, or was called to the scene on 09-11, those people would be the ones worth listening to.

Fair enough, challenge accepted with the following:

Eye, video, and audio witness to explosions from the day of 09-11.

Only someone being purposely ignorant, or obliging their own acute cognitive dissonance, would keep on denying that there were HUNDREDS of explosions in the 1, 2, & 7 WTC buildings on 09-11-2001.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZmS...eature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8oX...eature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6hXJJi8keo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1g...eature=related

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-05-2012 at 21:34..
Closed Thread