SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-02-2012, 23:00   #41
Napalm561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Dragoon, Patchman, Apparently you guys can dish it out; but you can't take it. Want proof? Look at the character and content of this very thread, itself!

Many of the comments posted here - and offered by various police officers, including yourselves - clearly show exactly the mentality I've described. With no malice, whatsoever, I rest my case!
Because if someone claims to be a police officer, and (being human and off-duty) makes a statement on a public forum that you do not agree with, then LEO's are horrible people? Hmmm....so calling police officers pompous *******s, while being a pompous ******* to "close your case" is not really going to win over any support from anyone without an agenda. Go make a few more CopTalk user names, and support you arguements, because you're not getting any support from me. turd

Wiping the turds of humanity from the ass of society from 1600 to midnight.
Napalm561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 23:11   #42
blueiron

Let's analyze factors here -

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

Requires excessive admiration.

Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.

Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.

Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

I'll say it again. Someone visiting C/T exhibits many of the above behaviors. Someone should get professional help.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 23:34   #43
rockapede

Quote:
....I rest my case!
Which means you're done here, right? kthxbai

-Edward Conlon
rockapede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10   #44
RussP

[takeoffmoderatorhat]

Now this is downright inciteful, or insightful, or...
Quote:
That's funny! Me?
  • I've learned that far too many cops are

• socially introverted,

• modestly intelligent, largely close minded, and

• genuinely insensitive to

• their fellow citizens and

• the relevant social issues of the day.

• In police work you've only got to be smart enough to do exactly as you're told; and,

• may God help the subject population anytime a police officer discovers that he can

• use his privileged social position to suit his own personal prejudice or whims, and

• subvert the law for his own individual use;

BUT, fortunately, that would never happen; now, would it.
And then...
Quote:
Dragoon, Patchman, Apparently you guys can dish it out; but you can't take it. Want proof? Look at the character and content of this very thread, itself!

Many of the comments posted here - and offered by various police officers, including yourselves - clearly show exactly the mentality I've described. With no malice, whatsoever, I rest my case!
"...you guys can dish it out; but you can't take it." Really? The catalyst for this thread is the incessant barrage of ridicule, baseless universal pronouncements of erroneous 'fact' about law enforcement - the job and the people - like the sanctimonious pronouncements in your first post in this thread.

Actually, these boys are being very polite in their summations of what they experience on the internet and their opinions of the people behind those experiences.

They are also being quite restrained in their responses to you.

While you say, "I rest my case," and someone correct me if I am wrong, I believe in the past such pronouncements have been empty of any real intent to indeed leave a thread. [/takeoffmoderatorhat] However, it might be wise to let that be your last post. Otherwise, someone might be inclined to believe you are truly trolling...[takeoffmoderatorhat]

Now, there are a couple of ways to stay active in this thread without incurring the wrath of "Big Giant Head." I'll let you figure that out.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 10-03-2012 at 21:26..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:33   #45
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:

And the type of mentality your post(s) displays is precisely the mentality being roasted in this thread.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:33   #46
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
And the type of mentality your post(s) displays is precisely the mentality being roasted in this thread.
Perhaps the phrase for him should be; "Stick a fork in him. He's done."

And, since I didn't have any popcorn handy I had a cinnamon roll and some milk. I rather enjoyed it.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:17   #47
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:

It's Arch not Arc........
Old 10-03-2012, 09:50   #48
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

When posting about the views and opinions of Non LEO with a chip on their shoulder towards LEO's one or more will always show up to prove your points.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:52   #49
RussP

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-03-2012, 12:03   #50
wjv

Quote:
Anything you don't like. . . . .
You posting offends me. . I need to sue someone!

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:11   #51
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Perhaps the phrase for him should be; "Stick a fork in him. He's done."

And, since I didn't have any popcorn handy I had a cinnamon roll and some milk. I rather enjoyed it.
Yep. it's about time for one more genius to start their own PTSD thread.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:14   #52
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Only OC activists can believe two things that contradict one another and yet believe BOTH to be true.

Example: They maintain that a openly carried firearm is a deterrent to criminals. But then also maintain that a firearm should be viewed as no different than a pencil or some other mundane item.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:25   #53
RussP

Quote:
Only OC activists can believe two things that contradict one another and yet believe BOTH to be true.

Example: They maintain that a openly carried firearm is a deterrent to criminals. But then also maintain that a firearm should be viewed as no different than a pencil or some other mundane item.

...like a book...

Old 10-05-2012, 11:32   #54
SKSman57

Quote:

Good point. Although, I think deep down inside most of the OC activists (and i'm talking about the orange-tip AK47 carrying, youtube-posting hacks) really do believe something more about their OC habits.

Case in point, the commentary that goes along with one of the random Youtube activism videos. (This one targeting Walmart).

The exact quote:

"A couple of times Ive even seen other customers performing open carry, making the statement "I will not be a victim, give me peace and yield to me without violence", as is the typical statement we that open carry wish to convey."

I think the three words emphasized above is what most OC activists seem want to convey.
SKSman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:19   #55
Ship A'Hoy
Trigger Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSman57 View Post
Good point. Although, I think deep down inside most of the OC activists (and i'm talking about the orange-tip AK47 carrying, youtube-posting hacks) really do believe something more about their OC habits.

Case in point, the commentary that goes along with one of the random Youtube activism videos. (This one targeting Walmart).

Walmart Cashier Freaks Out About Open Carry In Virginia - YouTube

The exact quote:

"A couple of times Ive even seen other customers performing open carry, making the statement "I will not be a victim, give me peace and yield to me without violence", as is the typical statement we that open carry wish to convey."

I think the three words emphasized above is what most OC activists seem want to convey.
If they are trying normalize open carry why do they carry a recordr to go shopping and does he have permission to record her. Is it possible he's violating the wiretap laws?
Speed is fine, accuracy is final.
Ship A'Hoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:24   #56
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
I see it as little more than OC activists talking out of both sides of their mouth depending on which view benefits them at the moment.

The obvious flaw in their "thinking" is that if a gun really no different than a book or a pencil why not carry a book or a pencil for self defense instead of a gun?

Old 10-05-2012, 13:03   #57
Ship A'Hoy
Trigger Control

Quote:
I see it as little more than OC activists talking out of both sides of their mouth depending on which view benefits them at the moment.

The obvious flaw in their "thinking" is that if a gun really no different than a book or a pencil why not carry a book or a pencil for self defense instead of a gun?

My 45ACP pencil beats your 9mm pencil.
Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Last edited by Ship A'Hoy; 10-05-2012 at 13:03..
Ship A'Hoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 13:20   #58
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship A'Hoy View Post
That is only true in a fair fight.

But I never fight fair.

Old 10-05-2012, 13:42   #59
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship A'Hoy View Post
I dunno, I've always said a 9mm pencil to the eye socket will end the fight pretty decisively. And I carry a 45 pencil on duty!
Old 10-05-2012, 14:18   #60
rockapede

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_grad_121 View Post
I dunno, I've always said a 9mm pencil to the eye socket will end the fight pretty decisively. And I carry a 45 pencil on duty!
In all seriousness, pencils (real pencils) can be very, very dangerous. We should ban them:

I rest my case, gentlemen.

-Edward Conlon
rockapede is offline   Reply With Quote