PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaGlockta View Post
Email today:

Thank you for your order.

Lone Wolf Distributors

Its only been 6 months
Doc-

My LWD 40/9 barrel just arrived too, after a three or four week back order wait. My Storm Lake barrel just came in as well, after a back order wait. Extraordinary demand for these great barrels decimated inventories and caused the back order situation.

We are so accustomed to instant turnaround that having to wait for something, anything, drives us nuts. In the final analysis, it was worth the wait and I'm thankful we have access to accessories like LWD and SL barrels in the good ole USA. Aren't you?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:39   #402
Colorado4Wheel

You gotta wonder what they did in the past to custom chamber a barrel. They have offered this service for years but all of a sudden it now required a special part that they didn't have. What were they doing before when you sent a barrel in?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:40   #403
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Doc-

My LWD 40/9 barrel just arrived too, after a three or four week back order wait. My Storm Lake barrel just came in as well, after a back order wait. Extraordinary demand for these great barrels decimated inventories and caused the back order situation.

We are so accustomed to instant turnaround that having to wait for something, anything, drives us nuts. In the final analysis, it was worth the wait and I'm thankful we have access to accessories like LWD and SL barrels in the good ole USA. Aren't you?
It sounds to me that he is having capital issues. He imports the barrels BTW, so it's a little funny that you are wrapping all of this in the flag. The supplier he gets them from needs to be paid by LWD before he is going to ship them out. This is a very common problem with businesses like this. Many ammo companies take peoples' money and hold it for months before shipping the order while claiming "supply problems". So the wonderful JR processes peoples' orders and then ships them months later. If they don't like it, they are "trolls" or unpatriotic.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
Old 10-05-2012, 06:49   #404
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
You gotta wonder what they did in the past to custom chamber a barrel. They have offered this service for years but all of a sudden it now required a special part that they didn't have. What were they doing before when you sent a barrel in?
Well capitalized businesses rarely have problems like this. Where I work, we had plenty of everything until the banking crisis hit the fan in '08. We worked at a steady pace year round building inventory for our busy season. Come the banking crisis, we couldn't get the short term loans to build inventory and it caused problems delivering our finished product. We would lay around, encouraged to burn vacation time, during the slow season while are raw materials bins were empty and our production lines sat idle. Once the busy season came around and cash started flowing in, we had money to produce and had to work like animals to catch up. Our office people were going crazy trying to satisfy our customers with product we didn't have yet, but would have "soon".

The owner of the company has since sold our company since it was profitable over-all and he wanted to retire anyway. The bigger company that owns us now has it's own internal financing and we are back to working at a steady, year-round pace and our customers are happy again.

Through all of this our demand was never the issue as some have suggested regarding LWD.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:00   #405
Colorado4Wheel

My question has nothing to do with inventory or capital. You either can rechamber a barrel or you can't. Just wondering why all of a sudden LW needed this custom part when they say they have been offering this service for years. What did they do before?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:03   #406
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
My question has nothing to do with inventory or capital. You either can rechamber a barrel or you can't. Just wondering why all of a sudden LW needed this custom part when they say they have been offering this service for years. What did they do before?
Yes it can if they are too broke to be able to buy new reamers from ones that get worn, if they had to lay-off their machinists and now have to send your barrel out to another shop that expects to get paid, or if they have fewer staff to handle the problems.

I could see JR's ****ty attitude being a by-product of a poorly performing business.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:13   #407
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
It sounds to me that he is having capital issues. He imports the barrels BTW, so it's a little funny that you are wrapping all of this in the flag. The supplier he gets them from needs to be paid by LWD before he is going to ship them out. This is a very common problem with businesses like this. Many ammo companies take peoples' money and hold it for months before shipping the order while claiming "supply problems". So the wonderful JR processes peoples' orders and then ships them months later. If they don't like it, they are "trolls" or unpatriotic.
Maybe I was wrong about the back-order cause, but Storm Lake was having the same problem. I've heard LWD barrels are foreign made, and some here speculated that political unrest might explain the 'shortage'. Yes, lack of capital might be LWD's problem, but I've never heard they are struggling financially. Who knows? Who cares?

My comment about the availability of accessories in the "good ole USA" meant only what it said: We are fortunate to live in a country where such purchases can be made freely. At least I'm greatful for that freedom.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05   #408
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Maybe I was wrong about the back-order cause, but Storm Lake was having the same problem. I've heard LWD barrels are foreign made, and some here speculated that political unrest might explain the 'shortage'. Yes, lack of capital might be LWD's problem, but I've never heard they are struggling financially. Who knows? Who cares?

My comment about the availability of accessories in the "good ole USA" meant only what it said: We are fortunate to live in a country where such purchases can be made freely. At least I'm greatful for that freedom.
I don't know that you're wrong, I could be the one that's wrong. What I do know is that if JR was doing so much business that he couldn't keep up with demand, he would be telling his cutomers how much he appreciates their interest in his products, and to please be patient. Instead he comes on the internet and insults people. His conduct is indicative of a guy who is frustrated. In this economic slow down, it wouldn't be hard at all to get the chicoms or Koreans that make his barrels to increase output. They'd be glad to do it. But, they expect to get paid for it.

Back about eight years ago, you just couldn't get enough concrete. There was a world-wide building boom going on and the chicoms would simply buy up any increase in cement production to build their Olympic city. That would be a case of demand simply outstripping any attempt to keep up. But in this economy? The chicom economy is sluggish at best and that country would be glad to make more barrels. They have the people, machines, and materials just laying around and the chicom government is deathly afraid of unemployment.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:43   #409
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Wow, this thread really took off! I had two lone wolf barrels, one would not feed factory ammo(jacketed). I was displeased and said that I would never buy another product from them.

After reading this I can honestly say that if I was standing in hell next to JR I wouldnt buy ice water from him. What a crappy attitude and poor customer service, all the way around.

And JR, if you really believe that these five guys here are the only ones with problems, you are a fool. Its all over the net, tons of people. Most just dont want to bother with you, and reading this thread, its obvious why.
Old 10-05-2012, 22:51   #410
PhotoFeller

Sorry, I don't get it. Why all the fury rainin' down on JR (whoever he is) and LWD?

My new barrel seems well made. It was the least expensive. I've read lots of positive reviews about LWD products and customer service.
Old 10-06-2012, 00:00   #411
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Sorry, I don't get it. Why all the fury rainin' down on JR (whoever he is) and LWD?

My new barrel seems well made. It was the least expensive. I've read lots of positive reviews about LWD products and customer service.
Did you read the thread?

Lone wolf barrells have a long history of being cut too tight to work well. This isnt something unique to glocktalk and only five people as JR has argued here. This is known all over.

JR also has a crappy attitude, and if you read this thread, you would see that.
Old 10-06-2012, 00:33   #412
Colorado4Wheel

The true character of a company is best evident through what they do when something goes wrong with their product. Not when everything is going well. You want a company that treats you right through the bad times as well as the good..
Old 10-06-2012, 05:55   #413
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
The true character of a company is best evident through what they do when something goes wrong with their product. Not when everything is going well. You want a company that treats you right through the bad times as well as the good..
But I still don't understand. Why does everyone pick on JR?

Old 10-06-2012, 07:11   #414
Colorado4Wheel

GT Hole.
Old 10-06-2012, 23:31   #415
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
GT Hole.
I thought JR was the GT Hole? Oh, wait thats A-Hole!
Old 10-08-2012, 13:08   #416
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
WiskyT: You are an ignorant fool speaking grandiose things regarding my business. LWD is very successful, financially secure and an excellent place to work. All 19 of my employees are paid real living wages. They and their families enjoy health benefits that cover medical, dental and vision at no cost. We have paid vacations, sick leave and much, much more. Your disparaging comments towards our financial status or capabilities is unacceptable. (posts #403, 404, 406, 408) You should know you can be held responsible for slanderous implications such as these.

Colorado: Is your question (#405) to try to incite ill feelings towards LWD or is there a remote chance you are truly looking for an explanation? I find it hard to believe you are capable of asking a straight forward question but will give you the benefit of the doubt.
In the past we would help a customer with his reloads by offering a rechamber service. All he needed to do was return the barrel and include a few dummy loads. We would use a graduated reamer and incrementally remove material until the cartridge fit. Once we performed this task we would engrave a "C" on the lug so we could identify the barrel as Custom. If the load was on the extreme boundary we would engrave an "X".
This custom service could produce an issue if an unknowing customer purchased this custom chambered barrel on the open market. The new customer would think the barrel chamber tolerances are way off and return the barrel to LWD for replacement. LWD will not warentee a custom barrel chamber because it was taken out of our specifications.
Today we have a new means to satisfy our customers. We are offering our standard chamber and the "GT hole" If your reloads fall outside the standard chamber, which is great for all industry manufactured ammo, we have an acceptable means to control the (custom) issue by introducing the "GT Hole". This chamber is within industry specifications and known to fit the largest majority of reloads.

ilgunguygt: WOW.... (#409 & 415) are you for real? Hell & ice water? You are new to this discussion, you should try to ease into it...... BEFORE going full retard.

My apologies to the hundreds of sane patrons that may read through this clatter and mistake it for anything other than banter. As you can well see, the rebels have breached the gates of sensibleness and need to be slapped back to reality.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by JR; 10-08-2012 at 13:09.. Reason: spell
Old 10-08-2012, 13:16   #417
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
WiskyT: You are an ignorant fool speaking grandiose things regarding my business. LWD is very successful, financially secure and an excellent place to work. All 19 of my employees are paid real living wages. They and their families enjoy health benefits that cover medical, dental and vision at no cost. We have paid vacations, sick leave and much, much more. Your disparaging comments towards our financial status or capabilities is unacceptable. (posts #403, 404, 406, 408) You should know you can be held responsible for slanderous implications such as these.

Please hold me responsible for my statements. I would love to meet the lawyer that would take your case. He would be more ridiculous than you. While you're at it, sue me for calling you stupid too.

Old 10-08-2012, 13:18   #418
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Wisky, you have been in this thread for awhile..... you can go full retard any time you like. I love you man!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-08-2012, 13:43   #419
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Colorado: Is your question (#405) to try to incite ill feelings towards LWD or is there a remote chance you are truly looking for an explanation? I find it hard to believe you are capable of asking a straight forward question but will give you the benefit of the doubt.
In the past we would help a customer with his reloads by offering a rechamber service. All he needed to do was return the barrel and include a few dummy loads. We would use a graduated reamer and incrementally remove material until the cartridge fit. Once we performed this task we would engrave a "C" on the lug so we could identify the barrel as Custom. If the load was on the extreme boundary we would engrave an "X".
So why did it take 6 months for people to get their barrels?

Why the negativity to people who buy your products and want them to work with Lead Bullets (as you advertise) and then you make sport of them in this thread? Even going to so far as to come up with a derogatory language about the rechamber?
Old 10-08-2012, 14:12   #420
DoctaGlockta

- Barack Hussein Obama

Closed Thread

Tags
38super, glock bulge is a myth, kkm rocks, lwd barrels, match grade glory, who's a democrat?