GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:14   #1
PhotoFeller

Which new slide for my G19? Something different?

I own a G-19 frame with all the parts that I bought for studying Glock mechanics, and now I want to complete this pistol with a slide that stands apart from the OEM appearance. I'm thinking a stainless slide would look great.

While appearance is important, performance is my first consideration. I just don't have any experience with aftermarket components. I'd appreciate hearing about anyone's experience with Lone Wolf or other manufacturer's slides with respect to how well they work.

Also, is it wise to buy a complete aftermarket slide assembly or does it make more sense to use Glock's OEM barrel, recoil spring, etc.?

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 08-27-2012 at 09:16..
PhotoFeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:27   #2
Glock-a-doodle-doo

Gun-Parts & Access.

I really like the Salient slides.

[URL]https://www.facebook.com/salient.arms[/URL]

Their website is being renovated. But they do some awesome standout slides.
Glock-a-doodle-doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:55   #3
PhotoFeller

Let me try again, cause I still want to buy a complete slide for my G19 frame thats different from OEM.

I've been looking at a LWD plain vanilla stainless slide package that looks interesting. I'll have to add sights and a barrel to have the complete slide, but this setup satisfies what I want to do: create a Glock with stainless on top to contrast with the black frame. The LWD frame looks good with front and rear serrations.

What I need at this point is endorsement (or the opposite) for LWD slides from folks who have used them. Obviously, reliability is the virtue we all seek in aftermarket components for our Glocks, so what has your experience been?

The LWD stainless slide comes with a black slide plate, so I'd want to find a plain stainless plate. Any tips on where to find one in stainless?

I have a KKM G19 barrel which I'd want to use with the LWD slide. Any reason this might be an undesirable combination? For example, would LWD be reluctant to work through reliability problems if a KKM barrel is in the mix?

Your comments will be much appreciated. Feel free to point me in a different direction if you prefer a different brand of aftermarket slide.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-10-2012 at 02:15..
PhotoFeller is online now   Reply With Quote