Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 17:23   #19
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwarrior View Post
My OLD moment came when a Surgical nurse was prepping me for a minor surgery.
As she was setting up to insert an IV,she asked me about the scar on my arm.
I told her that was long ago when i used to build race cars and got cut by a piece of sheet metal I was installing.
She said "Oh, you might know my Brothers,they used to race too".
She mentioned the names,and yes ,I knew them very well.
THEN I remembered HER!
I asked "Do you remember me?"
She says "No"
I say "That's good,that means I'll get up after the surgery is done"
She asked "Why is that?"
I told her"Because when you were a little girl,we gave you SUCH a bad time when you were hanging out in your brothers garage with us,and we did all sorts of cruel jokes to you."
She thought a while as she got the IV into me,then,smiling at me,she said "Now I remember you,You were so bad in those days,but you always bought me ice cream at the racetrack and I really looked forward to that on race days!

I woke up in recovery alive and intact,she was there and we laughed about the old days!

oceanwarrior
NO WAY!

I'm at a UPS satellite store, not a main branch by the way, and the girl behind the counter starts giving me a hard time about not being able to use a company account number for mailing out stuff from her office's location, but at first, she does it in generic kind of way. After a couple verbal interactions, I'm thinking she's had a bad day, so at the best of my utmost ability, I placate her acerbic tone with couple humorous colloquialisms based on the situation, and then offer several choices as possible solutions.

I realize she ain't buying it, and asked her what she would suggest. OUCH! Then starts a 1 minute diatribe of policy and how cooperate people think accounts are so important to UPS. I finely interrupt her somewhere in the middle of of it all, and just out and ask, "What the **** is your problem?!?!?! Do I know you?!? Do you think you know me? Has my company done anything to get you into trouble?!? Why are you so ******* temperamental?!?" She laughs and says, "Yeah, I knew I recognized you, your name's *****, and you dated my Mom, *******, back in the **'s." What the heck!?! She was right.... Oops, small world...

Ended up getting the thing shipped for free and an old life chapter closed.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-04-2012 at 17:24..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote