SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-01-2012, 22:59   #1
eaglesfan55
(>'-')>

looking for a rear sight pusher

As the title says I'm looking for a rear sight pusher. The factory glock one. Does anybody have one for sale by any chance??
Old 10-03-2012, 11:44   #2
DakotaGlockGuy
Polymer Artist

Universal Sight P.O.S.her

***** EDITED AFTER MY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THE "UNIVERSAL SIGHT P.O.S.HER" ****

DO NOT do what I did, which was to go with the cheapest one I could find, namely the Universal Sight Pusher (P.O.Sher is what I'm calling it now).

I used this P.O.S on a total of 3 (yes 3) sight installs and the blade locked up. I tried to reach some kind of customer service number on the site (don't bother looking, you will NOT find one) and had to send an email instead. This did me ZERO good, as I had another gun on my bench to do, and a dead pusher. In my email I even made a comment that I thought it was pretty crappy customer service not to have some number to call.

The maker of the P.O.Sher DID call me back later that night and said he would be sending me some replacement parts for it and said, "Now that is customer service. I stand behind my product and will back it up." This was Sunday March 10th, and he said he was going to send the parts out Monday morning.

Still nothing by Saturday night. I emailed him Sunday and asked if the parts had shipped, and what the tracking number was. His response.

"Sorry for the delay. They will go out Monday"

Since I'd heard this before, I checked back Monday to make sure he did send them out. He sent me a tracking number with the Generated date of 3/17. Keep in mind we're now a week behind thanks to his STELLAR customer service.

Still nothing today, so I checked the tracking number and it shows that the tracking number was generated (printed out) on the 17th, but did not actually get shipped or dropped off until today.

In the meantime I did what I should have done in the beginning and just spent the money on a quality sight pusher. I rectified the situation by ordering 2 new MGW sight pushers that arrived today.

Bottom line: This thing is a piece of crap, and the customer service is an absolute joke.

** DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS P.O.S!!!! ***

<<UPDATE: 3/25/13>>
So after 2 weeks I FINALLY got the replacement parts that broke on this P.O.S.Her, and it turns out that the owner dropped the ball yet again by sending out the wrong blade. The blade is so big you can't even get the bolt onto the frame with it on. In other words this product and the customer service provided are absolutely worthless, and hopefully nobody will waste their money on this P.O.S in the future.

The good news is that I won't be wasting any more of my time with the sight P.O.S.Her, as it is now at the bottom of my trash can, where it should be. Meanwhile the MGW tools continue to work absolutely flawlessly.

I'll file this one under "lessons learned" and remember that "great" and "cheap" are seldom used to describe the same object!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by DakotaGlockGuy; 03-25-2013 at 19:30.. Reason: Even WORSE customer service!!!
DakotaGlockGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 21:14   #3
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

You can spend like $300 on a Glock branded tool, but I have my eye on getting the same one Dakota posted. There are even UTube videos about sight pushers. Have yet to see a better deal.
Old 10-03-2012, 23:23   #4
eaglesfan55
(>'-')>

Awesome. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:50   #5
jbglock

Don't thank Paul. He is giving you bad advice. A Glock sight tool is NOT $300.
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...OD=665&CAT=111
I've never regretted one that works properly. Also that is a forum sponsor. Pretty sure that is who I bought mine from.

Last edited by jbglock; 10-04-2012 at 07:51..
jbglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:43   #6
DakotaGlockGuy
Polymer Artist

Again, this thing is a P.O.S!!!!

***** EDITED AFTER MY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THE "UNIVERSAL SIGHT P.O.S.HER" ****

** SEE POST #2 AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS P.O.S!!!! ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by DakotaGlockGuy; 03-21-2013 at 10:31..
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51   #7
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Shooter View Post
Here's the one I just picked up.

Universal Sight Pusher

I tried it out last night on a new set of Ameriglo sights and it works PERFECTLY.

It's a bargain at only $59 delivered and does work as described!
This,if I were buying one today this is the one. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:51   #8
jbglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Shooter View Post
I would still take the "Universal sight pusher" for $59 delivered over that all day. It does "work properly" as you say, and does so at less than half the price.

As far as the Glock one goes, here's another (better) view from the same one shown on Midway, with a better description:

Glock Sight Pusher

Notice the less than steller reviews, especially with the set of Ameriglo sights I just installed perfectly with the $59 unit.

The part of the description that got me was where it actually says:
"Glock intends this for Glock factory sights only. Use of this on aftermarket sights may "chew up" sights"

Thanks, but no thanks...
Too much on that site.

It is designed for Glock factory sights or rear sights of a similiar profile. Mine has worked fine with Meprolight, Trijicon, and 24/7 Big Dot. Even on those no pusher may work if the sight is too big to start with. Some do require a few hits with a file to start properly. Not all sight cuts on all Glock slides are exactly the same.
jbglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:37   #9
Black&TAN

MGW makes a great sight pusher for Glocks, better than Glock brand IMO, just in case this thread has you thinking about options.

Midway runs sales on them from time to time, around 85 bucks or so.

sent via Tapatalk
Black&TAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:26   #10
eaglesfan55
(>'-')>

I like the idea of having a factory tool if I can get one for a decent price. ~$100 is all I'd be willing to spend to have a factory one though.

I was hoping somebody was willing to sell me a used one. I'm not against 3rd party sight pushers, especially if it will do more than one brand of gun.

Again. thanks for the input.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:53   #11
Keyhole

MGW is excellent.
Old 03-20-2013, 20:32   #12
DakotaGlockGuy
Polymer Artist

DO NOT BUY The Universal Sight P.O.S.her!!!!

** SEE POST #2 AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS P.O.S!!!! ***

Last edited by DakotaGlockGuy; 03-21-2013 at 10:31..
Old 03-21-2013, 07:30   #13
jlbeasley1976
Southern BTGOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaGlockGuy View Post

DO NOT do what I did, which was to go with the cheapest one I could find, namely the Universal Sight Pusher (P.O.Sher is what I'm calling it now).

I used this P.O.S on a total of 3 (yes 3) sight installs and the blade locked up. I tried to reach some kind of customer service number on the site (don't bother looking, you will NOT find one) and had to send an email instead. This did me ZERO good, as I had another gun on my bench to do, and a dead pusher. In my email I even made a comment that I thought it was pretty crappy customer service not to have some number to call.

The maker of the P.O.Sher DID call me back later that night and said he would be sending me some replacement parts for it and said, "Now that is customer service. I stand behind my product and will back it up." This was Sunday March 10th, and he said he was going to send the parts out Monday morning.

Still nothing by Saturday night. I emailed him Sunday and asked if the parts had shipped, and what the tracking number was. His response.

"Sorry for the delay. They will go out Monday"

Since I'd heard this before, I checked back Monday to make sure he did send them out. He sent me a tracking number with the Generated date of 3/17. Keep in mind we're now a week behind thanks to his STELLAR customer service and how he stands behind his product...

Still nothing today, so I checked the tracking number and it shows that the tracking number was generated (printed out) on the 17th, but did not actually get shipped or dropped off until today.

In the meantime I did what I should have done in the beginning and just spent the money on a quality sight pusher. I rectified the situation by ordering 2 new MGW sight pushers that arrived today.

Bottom Line: This thing is a piece of crap, and the customer service is an absolute joke.

** DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS P.O.S!!!! ***
I think you should post this maybe once or twice more just to really hammer your point home.
jlbeasley1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21   #14
68_Mustang

I've replaced all my rear sights using a wooden handle and a small hammer. No issues at all
68_Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:32   #15
DakotaGlockGuy
Polymer Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbeasley1976 View Post
I think you should post this maybe once or twice more just to really hammer your point home.
Posts have been edited. I just did that late last night so I copied and pasted that post over EVERY post I made in this thread.

Now it's a little cleaner, but still has the same point.

Old 03-25-2013, 15:16   #16
Sgt.K
They Just Work!

KCR, the LGS, has one of the official tools. I used it today, free of charge. Works like a charm. If I were to purchase one it would be this one.
Old 03-25-2013, 18:34   #17
davsco

+1 for hammer and wooden dowel. can't hurt to try and if it doesn't work for you (no reason why it wouldn't) then you can still buy one.
davsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 20:54   #18
AZson

A glue stick a small tack hammer works great.