GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49   #351
Carrys
Inquisitive
 
Carrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Green Country
Posts: 13,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Good. When Romney loses, maybe the GOP will get their head out of their asses by 2016 and put up someone worth voting for.

If you honestly still support the Republican party, I don't know what I could say to help you...they are just as bad as the Democrats.


That sounds to me as if it's a personal opinion thought by you to be fact. Your opinion hasn't any legs me thinks, but that is my opinion.


Sounds as if you think everyone who doesn't think/believe the same way is half an idiot.........maybe even a whole one, eh?



I love the way folks around here are dad blasted sure they have the answer, that they alone know what others don't, that they have THE take on things........all over everyone else.


Shucks, it's the way I am most of the time, and everyone else who doesn't like to admit it. Keeps me on my toes.
__________________
If Men Won't Even Obey Their Govt.......What Makes Anyone Believe They Will Obey Their God?

Men Seem To Think Their God Is Like Their Govt.......He Is Supposed To Give Them Things, Not Ask Anything Of them.
Carrys is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:55   #352
SGT278ACR
Retired Veteran
 
SGT278ACR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 16S DE 680 928
Posts: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrys View Post
I love the way folks around here are dad blasted sure they have the answer, that they alone know what others don't, that they have THE take on things........all over everyone else.
This! We're all legends in our own minds.
__________________
Here we go again.....
SGT278ACR is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:08   #353
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member
 
FLIPPER 348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bend Oregon
Posts: 21,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glotin View Post



Invasion not necessary.


Then why did we invade Iraq when the threat was a 'clear and present danger' of WMDs??
FLIPPER 348 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:16   #354
ca survivor
Senior Member
 
ca survivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvl1trauma View Post
I can't watch. I hate even looking at Obama Bin Ladin. He makes me want to puke.
same here.
ca survivor is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:18   #355
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic
 
Diesel McBadass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
same here.
good thing he kept staring at the floor
__________________
Rest In Peace Silent_Runner.
Diesel McBadass is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:27   #356
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
You still dont have any idea what you are talking about. ALL of my state reps and senators are VERY conservative. I live downstate, chicago is the liberal bastion thatruins our state. When you don't know what the hell you are talking about you should shut up, it makes you look even more stupid than voting for Gary Johnson or Ron Paul.
Again, it doesn't matter what city, town, county, or whatever else you live in...your state is a liberal cesspool so of course you think Romney is the savior, and I don't blame you. But for others who live in states that aren't near as oppressive as yours, Romney is nowhere near a "conservative". You're looking at it from the other side of the fence.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrys View Post
That sounds to me as if it's a personal opinion thought by you to be fact. Your opinion hasn't any legs me thinks, but that is my opinion.


Sounds as if you think everyone who doesn't think/believe the same way is half an idiot.........maybe even a whole one, eh?





I love the way folks around here are dad blasted sure they have the answer, that they alone know what others don't, that they have THE take on things........all over everyone else.


Shucks, it's the way I am most of the time, and everyone else who doesn't like to admit it. Keeps me on my toes.

No, it's not about agreeing with ME, it's about getting rid a problem this country has had for decades. If the rest of the country is fine with what we've always had, so be it...I just don't want to hear people piss and moan whenever legislation is pushed through that they don't agree with. If you want smaller government, then vote accordingly or you get what you deserve.

Like I said, we deserve another 4 years of Obama...maybe then people will wake up. The fact that Romney is the GOP candidate shows me that they haven't.
tantrix is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:33   #357
Hummer
Big Member
 
Hummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Western Colorado
Posts: 2,904
The Shredding....

__________________
"We own this country. Politicians are employees of ours."

Clint Eastwood
August 30, 2012
Hummer is online now  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:34   #358
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL
 
ilgunguygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Peoples Republic Of Illinois
Posts: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Again, it doesn't matter what city, town, county, or whatever else you live in...your state is a liberal cesspool so of course you think Romney is the savior, and I don't blame you. But for others who live in states that aren't near as oppressive as yours, Romney is nowhere near a "conservative". You're looking at it from the other side of the fence.






How about you go back and quote me where I said Romney was the Saviour? Go ahead, do it. Oh, you cant? Thats because you are a liar that wants to put words in others mouths to make your argument look better.

I know all about true conservatism, and letting a liberal stack the supreme court so I can vote for my "feelings" isnt it. Conseratives dont vote on emotion, thats a democrats world.
__________________
***RIP Okie, GT will never be the same without you Mr Mayor!***

Last edited by ilgunguygt; 10-04-2012 at 11:35..
ilgunguygt is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:36   #359
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
That's a moronic thing to say.

Not in the least. Its down to two candidate. Voting for Johnson is a waste.
__________________
Avenge me...AVENGE ME!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z2d4IxltHJ...on%26Fence.png
G29Reload is online now  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37   #360
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
Sam Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 20,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
None of them can tell me why the third party is any better.
Because they're not corrupted by power....on account of they've never had any, as the (L)s have never run so much as a county in this nation.

As sure as God made little red shrimp, if they had any power they'd be up to their eyebrows in subsidies.
__________________
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37   #361
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
How about you go back and quote me where I said Romney was the Saviour? Go ahead, do it. Oh, you cant? Thats because you are a liar that wants to put words in others mouths to make your argument look better.

I know all about true conservatism, and letting a liberal stack the supreme court so I can vote for my "feelings" isnt it. Conseratives dont vote on emotion, thats a democrats world.
Again, what I said still stands. Your entire state is run by 1 city and you're telling me how to vote. I'd think your time would be better spent convincing local voters.

And I'm not voting on "emotion", so if you want to talk about people putting words in other's mouths you should check yourself. I'm voting on who I think deserves the job. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by tantrix; 10-04-2012 at 11:40..
tantrix is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:43   #362
SGT278ACR
Retired Veteran
 
SGT278ACR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 16S DE 680 928
Posts: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
Then why did we invade Iraq when the threat was a 'clear and present danger' of WMDs??
That was Bush II's call to put boots on the ground there in '03. Were boots on the ground necessary in Iraq or not....? Whos's to say... but, that's a done deal and it's all said and done with now. We can't change that. We have Obama now and maybe again the next 4 years or maybe Romney. Military action against Iran's nuclear weapon development can be handled militarily without boots on the ground by either Romney or Obama. Even Obama & his administration have clearly conveyed that it won't accept Iran with a nuclear weapon. So it's not just Romney. It would be a Presidential decision no matter which one is in office. But, for the record, I hope it's Romney.
__________________
Here we go again.....
SGT278ACR is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45   #363
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member
 
.264 magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 16,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
That is absolutely true.

But tell me this, based on how this country is progressing. Don't you think it is only a matter of time till the supreme court is stacked with leftists, as well as the whole government?
The republican party is moving steadily left.
Maybe they've seen the light - we can hope. We KNOW Obama is trying to kill small businesses and the investment class etc.
__________________
The Gonzales Flag - "Come and Take It!"
.264 magnum is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:51   #364
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,131
Best news of all...this just in....

Rush is reporting that the overnights are in...

65 Million total, all networks...watched last night

As Romney beat Bongo like he owned him.

pwned!

That's a lot of eyeballs. Romney may have won the election last night. If he wins, this probably was key.
__________________
Avenge me...AVENGE ME!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z2d4IxltHJ...on%26Fence.png
G29Reload is online now  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:51   #365
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL
 
ilgunguygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Peoples Republic Of Illinois
Posts: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Again, what I said still stands. Your entire state is run by 1 city and you're telling me how to vote. I'd think your time would be better spent convincing local voters.

And I'm not voting on "emotion", so if you want to talk about people putting words in other's mouths you should check yourself. I'm voting on who I think deserves the job. Nothing more, nothing less.
Thats a false argument. So, because I live in IL that has chicago, my opinion doesnt count? In case you didnt know, which judging by your responses its clear you dont know much, all of downstate does vote conservative. In fact 99 out of 102 counties went conservative in our last gubernatorial election. Is that "local" enough for ya? Once again, if you are too stupid to know what you are talking about, you should shut up before someone points out your stupidity.

Keep talking, you are almost as entertaining as Flipper that liberal lap dog.

I think that since you live in a state that will go Romney no matter what, you opinion doesnt count, therefore you cant tell anyone how to vote. You need to spend your time convincing local voters!
__________________
***RIP Okie, GT will never be the same without you Mr Mayor!***
ilgunguygt is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:18.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,156
356 Members
800 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42